so this is all I have to say.

That suicide is painless

It brings on many changes

and I can take or leave it if I please.

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two of our allies were set to enter on our behalf, yes. Echelon was one of them. We chose to pursue peace for two primary reasons: i) Universalis demanded we leave the war, due to their intentions to disband following the expenditure of their nuclear weapons, and ii) Our allies were in the midst of their own wars at the time, and causing our allies to split themselves over multiple fronts and receive more damage after our allies in Universalis had declared their aforementioned intentions seemed pointless, unnecessary and an unfair burden on their alliances. We paid reparations, despite being in an entirely defensive war (as was Universalis - hey, look, it's Hegemony alliances imposing reparations on alliances they attacked), as it was the simplest way to end the war. Besides, the reparations we paid did not even match half of what my nation alone still had in its warchest at the conclusion of the conflict. A small price to pay to never again step foot in an IRC channel with those that were representing The Legion at the time.

Purely defensive? Yeah keep telling yourself that. I believe Universalis was bored out of their minds and decided to go out with a bang. I'm not saying they didn't have a right to but to say Vanguard entered due to defensive obligations is little overshadowing the fact that war really never had to happen to being with.

And Hegemony alliances? Did Ragnarok and Echelon, both very much a part of the Hegemony, pull you out of the war?

When an alliance makes an announcement out of a statement that is entirely an internal affair, yes, that announcement is "all for show". And yes, I do post rather regularly in many threads created by Hegemony alliances - I feel I have an obligation to tear apart arguments that comprise of nothing but misinformation, deceit and a flagrant disregard for anything resembling fact or logic.

You're not tearing apart an argument, you're merely playing to the crowd on each occasion trying to rally support against the Hegemony. When STA complained about the reps that were going to be imposed on them, this wasn't a stunt to try and gain sympathy? And when NPO and TPF do it you "tear apart" the same exact argument STA used a year from now. You're not a biased party to speak about fact and logic, you speak through karma tinted lenses and try and speak from your point of view. ;)

Stop talking about history you know nothing of. Vanguard's front in that war was beyond complicated and we did right by our allies. As for Echelon, they ended up on the other side defending NPO whom we are at war with, I dont see how you could possibly blame us for not helping them defend the alliance whom we are at war with.

I know what happened because I was there, or do you forget? I believe Echelon was on the opposite side of the last war but still offered to enter on Vanguard's behalf. You and Revanche's rebuttal to my comments? "You weren't there and you are a terrible poster leave us alone."

I'll leave you alone when you leave my friend's alone. You're not the only ones who can be stubborn. ;)

Edited by The AUT

Wouldn't messages to allies on the field and to alliances asking if our members have left on honorable terms fall under foreign affairs? How would internal affairs communicate this to the interested members mr. moose.

I look forward to the conduct of The Phoenix Federation's post-war foreign affairs, where all discussions and updates to allies will be handled via alliance announcements. It should foster a whole new age of transparency.

In other words, IRC channels, diplomats and embassies usually work wonders.

Also what was said in the op that was "nothing but misinformation, deceit and flagrant disregard for anything resembling fat or logic" ?

OOC: This forum needs an option to filter posts by user. Search through this topic and look for posts made by "The AUT".

I think TPFs stand is an honourable one and people saying they wouldnt think less of you isn't a really good reason to exit a war. The insults in this thread from nations in Karma are another sign they have continued their decent to the dark side.

Your resistance only makes our penises harder.

Didnt you guys make some promises arrow_down.gif

My, my, well if that's the worst our critics have to say about PC, then I must say we are doing something right. However I fail to see how we are called "hypocrites", as just because we are on the other side of the fence, doesnt put us on karma's side nor their beliefs. We are simply fighting a war that was a long time comming against a enemy who tried multiple times (all failed) at destroying our sovereignty since day 1. I dont know about you, but any alliance that seeks to end another is damn good enough reason to fight. Its not about justice, principles, hell its not even about moral code, its about us defending ourselves after TPF's constant hostile actions against us, now we offer a chance for TPF to gain peace and to start rebuilding as we do not seek to destroy them, but instead our hospitality is thrown in our faces by a man who cares not about his alliance future but rather, by a man whose pride has consumed him. If you honestly think we are the "bad guys", so be it. After the endless times of trying to move on, TPF has continued this mass parade thinking that they are any better then the rest of the old Q alliances. But hell, if TPF honestly wants to fight, then fine, let them. They wont recieve peace, they wont get no grand celebration, rather, they will die a quiet death should they choose to keep this up, that much I promise you.

Hospitality?? is that what you call it?? You can take your example of hospitality and shove it. An attack on our Leaders competence and integrity in no way falls under Hospitable.

as Mhawk's ignorant leadership
a war that has no meaning

We are in this war for reasons that have been stated many times, but esp to fulfill our treaty obligations and our word of honor. Yes, I said OUR word of honor. Mhawk is our leader and his word is TPF's word.

While I understand that sending messages requesting surrender of individual nations is part of warfare, I would clasify what you are doing as trying to incite a coup within TPF. I can tell you that the only thing you have incited within TPF is laughter. After all, we were not aware of the New POLAR Order had refused terms. But thanks to your message we now have renewed energy to fight on!!!

BTW, MHawk had been PC's most staunch ally in TPF arguing about better relations, esp against those that don't like PC. Trashing your biggest supporter in another alliance is not usually the way to improve relations.

edit: Spelling

Edited by Kilkenny

OOC: This forum needs an option to filter posts by user. Search through this topic and look for posts made by "The AUT".

Hilarious. We never did get along Revanche, but even I didn't think you'd resort to the "NO U" button so quick. <_<

I think TPFs stand is an honourable one and people saying they wouldnt think less of you isn't a really good reason to exit a war. The insults in this thread from nations in Karma are another sign they have continued their decent to the dark side.

OOC: Look up Revanche, and you'll see perfect examples of it.

Edited by The AUT

Purely defensive? Yeah keep telling yourself that. I believe Universalis was bored out of their minds and decided to go out with a bang. I'm not saying they didn't have a right to but to say Vanguard entered due to defensive obligations is little overshadowing the fact that war really never had to happen to being with.

The Legion attacked Universalis. Both members and government officials openly declared that those attacks were made due to target lists that had been drawn up. Peace negotiations did not result in a solution that was acceptable to both parties. An attack on Universalis was an attack on Vanguard, so we were obligated to defend them.

Viewers, stop by next week when Professor Revanche educates The AUT further on the basics of treaties and Cyberverse politics.

And Hegemony alliances? Did Ragnarok and Echelon, both very much a part of the Hegemony, pull you out of the war?

What?

You're not tearing apart an argument, you're merely playing to the crowd on each occasion trying to rally support against the Hegemony. When STA complained about the reps that were going to be imposed on them, this wasn't a stunt to try and gain sympathy? And when NPO and TPF do it you "tear apart" the same exact argument STA used a year from now. You're not a biased party to speak about fact and logic, you speak through karma tinted lenses and try and speak from your point of view. ;)

Here, I gave man-birth to a rather spectacular diagram to assist with comprehension (unfortunately, not to scale):

aut.png

Hilarious. We never did get along Revanche, but even I didn't think you'd resort to the "NO U" button so quick. <_<

Yes, directly answering mhawk's question where he asked me to point him towards a certain type of post was most certainly a "no u" response!

OOC: Look up Revanche, and you'll see perfect examples of it.

What was that you just said about the "no u" button?

I know what happened because I was there, or do you forget? I believe Echelon was on the opposite side of the last war but still offered to enter on Vanguard's behalf. You and Revanche's rebuttal to my comments? "You weren't there and you are a terrible poster leave us alone."

Yes, that does sound like me. I certainly don't bother with rather lengthy responses completely annihilating your petty arguments at all!

Edited by Revanche

Hang on a second while I go and get my violin. Come back when you've been at war for 2 years, you know, the amount of time TPF helped keep FAN crushed for.

You realize TPF turned 2 after fan had already had peace?

I look forward to the conduct of The Phoenix Federation's post-war foreign affairs, where all discussions and updates to allies will be handled via alliance announcements. It should foster a whole new age of transparency.

In other words, IRC channels, diplomats and embassies usually work wonders.

Wasn't a new age of transparency one of Vox's big things? You know, the band of heroes that rose up against the Hegemony and are hailed by Karma?

Also, we would most likely have a very hard time caring any less about your opinion on how mhawk should handle communications now or in the future.

Hospitality?? is that what you call it?? You can take your example of hospitality and shove it. An attack on our Leaders competence and integrity in no way falls under Hospitable.

It is if such a leader resorts to OWF attacks, slander, and entire disregard for an alliance who tried nothing but to move on. Instead you and the rest of TPF gov have resorted to any punch you get get on PC while trying to gain PR doing it. Despite this, we tried constantly to avoid warfare but with the hostile aggression you have showed us, we had no choice. Had TPF been more willing to accept the wrongs they have done, and actually TRIED to fix those unwavering positions, we would have no need to war you. Yet even now, when your punched into dirt, your STILL remain resiliant not at us, but at yourselves and your failed beliefs. Thank you for starting this thread, as you have shown us you have no intention to surrendering to an alliance you attempted so passionately to destroy.

BTW, MHawk had been PC's most staunch ally in TPF arguing about better relations, esp against those that don't like PC. Trashing your biggest supporter in another alliance is not usually the way to improve relations.

Biggest supporter? HARDLY! Since when has he EVER contacted us DIRECTLY instead of OWF posts? Since when has he EVER tried to sit down and attempted actual negotiation without a gun in his hand? When has he ever shown a chance at peace without being mindful of a way to backstab us down the road? No. Mhawk merly reflects all of TPF's failed foreign affairs with PC, and he shows the hatred of PC still burns strong in all of TPF. Let that be then, as we have no reglection of defending ourselves against the likes of you.

I guess you didn't get the sarcasm behind that. :unsure:

{OOC]Just for the record, Sarcasm is reflected in the tone of ones voice[/OOC}

Well, I reckon it's pretty foolish to hold out for as long as you will have to hold out. Just so long as you don't spin it and say Karma kept you in the war unjustly it's all fine and dandy I suppose.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

Wasn't a new age of transparency one of Vox's big things? You know, the band of heroes that rose up against the Hegemony and are hailed by Karma?

Also, we would most likely have a very hard time caring any less about your opinion on how mhawk should handle communications now or in the future.

I believe you'll find Vox disbanded, feeling their primary goals had been accomplished. It's now time for the valiant Phoenix Federation to pick up the torch and carry on with the quest.

Didn't you guys make a promise too? Something about giving us a good fight I think? smug.gif Seems like our side is the only one good at keeping a promise.

I believe Alterego made a promise along the lines of staying up on that cross the entire time he was placed on EZI lists by Karma forces. He's just not trustworthy, that guy.

This announcement is all for show.

It is not. It addresses a few things, which may be brought up in the coming days.

My, my, well if that's the worst our critics have to say about PC, then I must say we are doing something right. However I fail to see how we are called "hypocrites", as just because we are on the other side of the fence, doesnt put us on karma's side nor their beliefs. We are simply fighting a war that was a long time comming against a enemy who tried multiple times (all failed) at destroying our sovereignty since day 1. I dont know about you, but any alliance that seeks to end another is damn good enough reason to fight. Its not about justice, principles, hell its not even about moral code, its about us defending ourselves after TPF's constant hostile actions against us, now we offer a chance for TPF to gain peace and to start rebuilding as we do not seek to destroy them, but instead our hospitality is thrown in our faces by a man who cares not about his alliance future but rather, by a man whose pride has consumed him. If you honestly think we are the "bad guys", so be it. After the endless times of trying to move on, TPF has continued this mass parade thinking that they are any better then the rest of the old Q alliances. But hell, if TPF honestly wants to fight, then fine, let them. They wont recieve peace, they wont get no grand celebration, rather, they will die a quiet death should they choose to keep this up, that much I promise you.

Not for once second should you act like TPF couldn't destroy PC on day 1. They very well could have annihilated PC on day 1, hell they could have back in November or December, but both times they chose not to. Sure maybe PC was put under terms that they didn't like, but it sure as hell could have been worse. You weren't forced to disband, so get over it. There was a time when people weren't so serious, that's why you don't see people blubbering about NAAC's death, unlike other alliance's death. Pick up, move on, have fun. Go to war, but why so serious?

Edited by youwish959

Didnt you guys make some promises arrow_down.gif

Great quote from Archon. I think it's safe to say, like any politician, some of these promises may not be fulfilled. Which, like politicians, makes me sad. :(

Also, since no one replied to my last post. Can anyone else think of an alliance who has dedicated itself to enduring a curbstomp until their ally has peace? I know of many alliances that have refused to surrender for themselves, for their own survival, but can't recall any doing it for an ally other than TPF.

Great quote from Archon. I think it's safe to say, like any politician, some of these promises may not be fulfilled. Which, like politicians, makes me sad. :(

Also, since no one replied to my last post. Can anyone else think of an alliance who has dedicated itself to enduring a curbstomp until their ally has peace? I know of many alliances that have refused to surrender for themselves, for their own survival, but can't recall any doing it for an ally other than TPF.

STA. Polar just surrendered faster than Pacifica.