Address from Commanding General

mhawk

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure do love hearing NPO and friends talking about how noble their cause is because they are making their "Last Stand".

It's been done before, with all the alliances NPO crushed. I dare you to even approach the level of respect garnered by NAAC for their actions before their disbandment.

You're on a sinking ship and now the rats are singing.

I'll be impressed if you last 8 more months.

I agree with the sentiments MegaAros expresses here, of course. When you're all sitting at ZI and the Karma side have hunter/killer nations keeping you there we'll see what your resolve is like. That part isn't much fun unless you can get political about it and I don't know if I see TPF going that route.

That being said I also agree with kingzog that you really don't have anything to prove to anyone, there's no one who can claim you went out like punks. Take a break and start building for the next war. Honor has been satisfied, and you must also remember that NPO was ready to bail on all of you within hours of them starting the war. I think you've been more than charitable in your steadfast defense.

Also Walker Texas Ranger, not everyone respected NAAC's actions before disbanding. It was 50/50 at best. Let's not open that can of worms. :P

It's true, they don't.

mhawk, if anything, tries to make himself look like a really nice and honest guy, someone who has so-called "honor". He's anything but honorable, and he is fully aware that after TPF is out of this war they will receive a flurry of treaty offers from many alliances and TPF will be known as one of the most "honorable" alliances on CN. Furthermore, it should be noted that TPF will have a massive increase in the number of nations joining them to be part of this "honorable" alliance.

Those of us who use logic can see right through these despicable acts of pathetic political maneuvers which are clearly nothing more than a failed attempt at a good PR.

Check, and mate.

Your logic appears to be fogged with hate.

I've seen recruiting messages that had major grammar and spelling errors. Recruiting messages...you know, the first impression that anyone ever gets of you and your alliance on Planet Bob? <_<

This last stand stopped being about NPO 2 months ago...if it ever really was. Think about it.

Oh good lord, a chairmanhal message that I agree with? Pardon me folks for keeping this short but I now have to go watch the skies.

mhawk, I believe that what you are doing is honorable, and that in itself is rare enough these days.

I hope you realize, however, that your commitment to being the last one to quit the battlefield is something that your Red friends would never consider were the situation reversed. What they did to TORN on the first day of the war they would do to you, if given half a chance. All you are doing with your pledge is enabling them. Regardless of the gratitude they may express to you, their only real concern is themselves. I've no doubt about this.

You're no fool, so you have probably come to this conclusion yourself, but see no way out given what you have said since the beginning of this war.

I can see how you might be conflicted, given the circumstances. You have given your word, and no one with a trace of honor wants to go back on their word. After all, it really is all we have in a world of pixels. But your alliance is now a mere shadow of what it once was.

Historically, the members of my alliance have not been the greatest fans of The Phoenix Federation, so I hope you will realize that I have nothing to gain by saying that I, for one, do not wish to see your alliance destroyed. I fear, however, that the course you have chosen will ultimately lead to that.

So, with that in mind I hope you will take a page from your ally's playbook and put the interests of your alliance and its members ahead of the New Pacific Order.

Realize that if TPF were to walk away from this war, not a single person of any importance would hold it against you. Not now. Not ever.

I don't know what kind of reparations have been suggested or whether any offer has been made at all. What I do know is that TPF, applying the resolve it has displayed in this war, would be able to easily meet any demands put to it.

I hardly expect you to say, "Gosh kingzog, you're right! I'm going to call the Karma Surrender Hotlinetm right now!" But I do hope you will at least reflect on what I'm saying in the days and weeks ahead. No doubt you have the full support of your government and your members, and I cannot imagine that this support would diminish in the slightest.

Regardless of the path you ultimately choose, when all is said and done my offer to drop by for a chat once this mess is over still stands.

You have my respect.

D686B255B7E6870435E2956B95A9D121.png

I think I speak for all of TPF when I thank you for your kind and thoughtful words. Coming from your alliance, one with a deep and colorful history with ours, it does mean a lot. But, I wanted to reiterate what I said to Bob Janova, when he made some of the same points in another thread.

1. This has nothing to do with any other alliance but TPF. It is an internal commitment, and one we will stand to together, as long as there are members willing to uphold it.

2. This has nothing to do with Pacifica. There is no special love in TPF for NPO with Slayer gone.

3. At this point, rebuilding from this size versus something smaller is moot. Rebuilding now versus X months from now, is moot. We have been in the pool all day and we have about all the shrinkage we are going to get.

4. I'll still be here if there is a war for 6 more months. I know about 100 other nations that will be too. Count on it.

You may also want to check out your Pacifica/TORN factology, I know I was dead wrong on the course of events on that one.

Your humble servant,

OBM

I think I speak for all of TPF when I thank you for your kind and thoughtful words. Coming from your alliance, one with a deep and colorful history with ours, it does mean a lot. But, I wanted to reiterate what I said to Bob Janova, when he made some of the same points in another thread.

1. This has nothing to do with any other alliance but TPF. It is an internal commitment, and one we will stand to together, as long as there are members willing to uphold it.

2. This has nothing to do with Pacifica. There is no special love in TPF for NPO with Slayer gone.

3. At this point, rebuilding from this size versus something smaller is moot. Rebuilding now versus X months from now, is moot. We have been in the pool all day and we have about all the shrinkage we are going to get.

4. I'll still be here if there is a war for 6 more months. I know about 100 other nations that will be too. Count on it.

You may also want to check out your Pacifica/TORN factology, I know I was dead wrong on the course of events on that one.

Your humble servant,

OBM

Unfortunately, someone decided to be a softy so we will have to deal with folks tossing that falsehood around for quite some time.

But then they'd miss out on all those lovely hails for doing what any decent ally would naturally do in any circumstance. We can't have that!

Weren't you the one who said you'd nuke the likes of Poseidon while talking privately of leaving the war peacefully while Universalis continued on their fight? Then went behind closed doors again got peace from Poseidon having to pay light reps? Oh wow, you sure did fight for your allies 'till the end didn't you? ;) I believe a large reason why your alliance is still in-tact is due to Echelon's demand to have Poseidon to back off. And you repay them by just standing by ragging on their allies?

You're full of something too, Revanche, and it's not honor.

TPF, you know us. We'll be back. ;)

Edited by The AUT

Weren't you the one who said you'd nuke the likes of Poseidon while talking privately of leaving the war peacefully while Universalis continued on their fight? Then went behind closed doors again got peace from Poseidon having to pay light reps? Oh wow, you sure did fight for your allies 'till the end didn't you? ;)

TPF, you know us. We'll be back. ;)

I don't think Universalis wanted their allies to fight till the end in that war.

I don't think Universalis wanted their allies to fight till the end in that war.

Nor did NPO expect that of TPF. They just did what Revanche said, doing what any decent ally would do. ;)

Edited by The AUT

I agree with the sentiments MegaAros expresses here, of course. When you're all sitting at ZI and the Karma side have hunter/killer nations keeping you there we'll see what your resolve is like. That part isn't much fun unless you can get political about it and I don't know if I see TPF going that route.

Read the OP again. Everyone has their release. Everyone sticking behind are volunteers. Of course it doesn't make sense from a long term strategy perspective. If TPF makes it out the other end of this war, it will be a miracle. They know that already.

That being said I also agree with kingzog that you really don't have anything to prove to anyone, there's no one who can claim you went out like punks. Take a break and start building for the next war. Honor has been satisfied, and you must also remember that NPO was ready to bail on all of you within hours of them starting the war. I think you've been more than charitable in your steadfast defense.

Actually, I would have agreed with you regarding NPO until about a week ago. My opinion has been changed by additional evidence. That said, we can agree on TPF being anything but the "chickens" some war propagandists were claiming. They have indeed proven their bravery time and time again in this war.

Also Walker Texas Ranger, not everyone respected NAAC's actions before disbanding. It was 50/50 at best. Let's not open that can of worms. :P

I just find it ironic that someone with the ruler name 'Walker Texas Ranger' wouldn't recognize an Alamo Stand when they see one.

Edited by ChairmanHal

Call it blinding loyalty if you want, but I will follow mhawk even if I am the last person wearing the TPF AA. He is a leader that inspires like no other, and is one of the most honorable men I have ever known. Till the end mhawk.

o/ TPF

I forgot TPF was around, oh dear. Thanks for (sadly) reminding me. :<

You know, your systematic trolling of alliances on the hegemony's side is both mindless and annoying. Criticize them with logic, like Sponge did, or just don't bother.

If TPF makes it out the other end of this war, it will be a miracle. They know that already.

Actually this is pretty much my point. Why take your alliance to the grave when there is no need to do so? At the moment they are a martyr for a cause that no longer needs one. Do the people that support this want to see TPF disband? At the least it will cause them to be a non-entity for the next six months, even if they take peace today. They're subjecting themselves to a VietFAN without being forced into it.

Actually this is pretty much my point. Why take your alliance to the grave when there is no need to do so? At the moment they are a martyr for a cause that no longer needs one. Do the people that support this want to see TPF disband? At the least it will cause them to be a non-entity for the next six months, even if they take peace today. They're subjecting themselves to a VietFAN without being forced into it.

Seems like a Martyr Complex to me.

Weren't you the one who said you'd nuke the likes of Poseidon while talking privately of leaving the war peacefully while Universalis continued on their fight? Then went behind closed doors again got peace from Poseidon having to pay light reps? Oh wow, you sure did fight for your allies 'till the end didn't you? ;) I believe a large reason why your alliance is still in-tact is due to Echelon's demand to have Poseidon to back off. And you repay them by just standing by ragging on their allies?

You're full of something too, Revanche, and it's not honor.

As someone that spent a considerable amount of time in Vanguard (how you managed to mask your ignorance during the application process is beyond me, but that's another story), you should have a much better understanding of the history behind the Vanguard/PAIN/Universalis vs Purple War. Vanguard entered a war against forces that vastly outnumbered our own in defence of Universalis. We dealt out over 400,000 damage to The Legion whilst only suffering a loss of 40,000 to our own total strength. We fought on until peace discussions initiated between Vanguard/PAIN/Universalis and The Legion, only for The Legion to have both Invicta and United Purple Nations attack Vanguard during peace negotiations (perhaps the New Pacific Order did learn something from The Legion, after all?). We not only threatened the use of nukes against Poseideon, we followed through. Vanguard, an alliance of 50 members at the time, remained on the battlefield against a coalition of hundreds until peace was a possibility to our newly acquired friends in PAIN, and Universalis demanded that we exit the war due to their plans of disbanding once their nukes were fired. There is a reason why Vanguard quickly became a home for the majority of PAIN members following the war, why Universalis sought protectorate status from Vanguard upon its reformation, why we are a member of Complaints & Grievances, why we have a collection of stalwart allies that would gladly enter any conflict on our behalf: we always stand by our friends.

So, what was that you said about Echelon demanding Poseidon back off? We fought multiple members of that bloc. Vanguard did The Legion a favour by being open to a peace agreement - not only was Vanguard tearing a hole through that alliance, both Echelon and Ragnarok were one day short of entering in our favour.

Edit: Wrong 'whole'/'hole' :v:

Edited by Revanche

TPF has earned my respect for sticking it through this conflict. Mhawk especially so, for being among the few who stood with Pacifica even when the rest of her allies were deserting left and right. But at this point, continuing to fight serves no other purpose than satisfying an unnecessary desire to be martyred. No one wants TPF to disband. You do not need to keep fighting for better terms. You've had enough, and we both know it. That said, good luck on the battlefield, and good luck in finding peace.