Address from Commanding General

mhawk

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I like to rag on Battalion, I read his post as being sarcastic. I really hope I'm not wrong though otherwise it's pretty much fail all the way through.

I don't think Batallion does sarcasm. He was serious.

mhawk, I believe that what you are doing is honorable, and that in itself is rare enough these days.

I hope you realize, however, that your commitment to being the last one to quit the battlefield is something that your Red friends would never consider were the situation reversed. What they did to TORN on the first day of the war they would do to you, if given half a chance. All you are doing with your pledge is enabling them. Regardless of the gratitude they may express to you, their only real concern is themselves. I've no doubt about this.

You're no fool, so you have probably come to this conclusion yourself, but see no way out given what you have said since the beginning of this war.

I can see how you might be conflicted, given the circumstances. You have given your word, and no one with a trace of honor wants to go back on their word. After all, it really is all we have in a world of pixels. But your alliance is now a mere shadow of what it once was.

Historically, the members of my alliance have not been the greatest fans of The Phoenix Federation, so I hope you will realize that I have nothing to gain by saying that I, for one, do not wish to see your alliance destroyed. I fear, however, that the course you have chosen will ultimately lead to that.

So, with that in mind I hope you will take a page from your ally's playbook and put the interests of your alliance and its members ahead of the New Pacific Order.

Realize that if TPF were to walk away from this war, not a single person of any importance would hold it against you. Not now. Not ever.

I don't know what kind of reparations have been suggested or whether any offer has been made at all. What I do know is that TPF, applying the resolve it has displayed in this war, would be able to easily meet any demands put to it.

I hardly expect you to say, "Gosh kingzog, you're right! I'm going to call the Karma Surrender Hotlinetm right now!" But I do hope you will at least reflect on what I'm saying in the days and weeks ahead. No doubt you have the full support of your government and your members, and I cannot imagine that this support would diminish in the slightest.

Regardless of the path you ultimately choose, when all is said and done my offer to drop by for a chat once this mess is over still stands.

You have my respect.

D686B255B7E6870435E2956B95A9D121.png

Who's awesome? You're awesome. So when TPF stand by their ally to the end, it's "lol, look at them phail at honour, hurf durf", but when others, like... the whole C&G bloc do it, it's praise worthy and honourable? It's that kind of mentality I don't understand. Blind hatred spewed for no reason makes you look stupid. It was honourable when MK and Co. did it, and it is honourable now. Regardless of politics, the actions are the same.

I won't insult your alliance, as you have some great people, but that was a pathetic post.

/not digging on C&G bloc. You guys gained respect and members because of your stance, and rightfully so.

To be fair, when C&G did it, they didn't make an announcement every week to remind everyone of their stance.

That being said, I do respect TPF now more than I ever did. Good job, guys. It has been (is?) fun.

Realize that if TPF were to walk away from this war, not a single person of any importance would hold it against you. Not now. Not ever.

Again, Kingzog has hit the nail on the head.

To be fair, when C&G did it, they didn't make an announcement every week to remind everyone of their stance.

That being said, I do respect TPF now more than I ever did. Good job, guys. It has been (is?) fun.

Yes, you are right, but TPF has been derailed repeatedly everyday for their continued presence in the war. I think this was a clarification regarding things that may come, such as some members resigning and surrendering to create their own alliances. I am sure without a pre-warning, everyone would have a conniption fit seeing that. Also, if I have never said it before, I did admire C&G when they did it. I just wasn't as vocal about my personal opinion back then.

Yes, you are right, but TPF has been derailed repeatedly everyday for their continued presence in the war.

The cause of which may be because of TPF's involvement in the initiation of the war. C&G didn't start the mess they found themselves in.

Kudos for sticking to your guns, though. I suggest that next time you receive such a message, you respond with some truly awful poetry. There's no better propaganda than some really bad poems.

The cause of which may be because of TPF's involvement in the initiation of the war. C&G didn't start the mess they found themselves in.

I agree with you there. However, there is such thing as beating a dead horse.

o/ TPF...

I respect you Mhawk

and you were not even jump on Peace Mode when you had chance :D

Actually on day 62 of nuclear anarchy I finally got into peacemode. However this will just be nice since [ooc] I'm gonna be gone for the next week for a wedding[/ooc] I'm 12 days bill locked. I promise however to get out as soon as possible with nukes.... if thats even possible at this point :P

Your war didn't last 2 weeks :P... zzing

Okay, really now, mass message propaganda is hardly difficult guys. Come on.

But then they'd miss out on all those lovely hails for doing what any decent ally would naturally do in any circumstance. We can't have that!

Sending a propaganda message with an elementary mistake in it is pretty silly. Don't you guys proof-read? :P

Re TPF, you know my position from the previous thread. TPF has shown great honour in standing by a friend who got themselves into a losing war, but at this point the NPO is just being stubborn and your presence won't help them get better terms. As Kingzog says, no-one would hold it against you were you to allow yourselves to rebuild at this point. You're not going down for your friends any more, you're going down because of an overzealous vision of honour and because of denying yourselves the chance to end the war.

mhawk and TPF have always had my respect. These actions just further prove why they've earned it.

TPF, although VA is no longer active in this war, we will help in any way we can, you need only ask. Hopefully this conflict can come to a close swiftly for you all.

o/ TPF

I just wonder why mhawk and TPF government as a whole care more about NPO then the member's of their own alliance?

Although at this point it is easy for TPF to "continue" to fight. Most of them are in PM and not really "on the battlefield". So when mhawk says we will be the last to leave the field, he is talking about all of his 300-2000 NS guys, not him, not any of his generals, no officer to speak of...just a bunch of privates who do what they are told and get slaughtered. They will be the last to leave the field while the upper echelon of TPF get fat.

Poor show TPF. To the REAL fighters of TPF, I salute you, you have shown great resolve in the face of impossible odds.

BamaBuc, you kept your word and came back out fighting, much respect.

Sending a propaganda message with an elementary mistake in it is pretty silly. Don't you guys proof-read? :P

I've seen recruiting messages that had major grammar and spelling errors. Recruiting messages...you know, the first impression that anyone ever gets of you and your alliance on Planet Bob? <_<

Re TPF, you know my position from the previous thread. TPF has shown great honour in standing by a friend who got themselves into a losing war, but at this point the NPO is just being stubborn and your presence won't help them get better terms. As Kingzog says, no-one would hold it against you were you to allow yourselves to rebuild at this point. You're not going down for your friends any more, you're going down because of an overzealous vision of honour and because of denying yourselves the chance to end the war.

This last stand stopped being about NPO 2 months ago...if it ever really was. Think about it.

I just wonder why mhawk and TPF government as a whole care more about NPO then the member's of their own alliance?

Although at this point it is easy for TPF to "continue" to fight. Most of them are in PM and not really "on the battlefield". So when mhawk says we will be the last to leave the field, he is talking about all of his 300-2000 NS guys, not him, not any of his generals, no officer to speak of...just a bunch of privates who do what they are told and get slaughtered. They will be the last to leave the field while the upper echelon of TPF get fat.

Poor show TPF. To the REAL fighters of TPF, I salute you, you have shown great resolve in the face of impossible odds.

BamaBuc, you kept your word and came back out fighting, much respect.

It's not about NPO specifically, it's about our word as allies. I doubt we'll convince anyone we haven't, so there's really no political advantage whatsoever to fighting on. But it's what we said we'd do.

Mhawk has fought for most of the war, he escaped to hippy because he has to go to a wedding. Most of our gov has been fighting too. Fight-and-retreat tactics are best in a losing war... Fight a couple rounds, rebuy nukes, repeat. That's just the best strategy for nuke capable nations. Hence why more lower-level nations are fighting... No nukes to go hippy to rebuy. Plus most of our nations are lower level now anyway. :P

Thank you. My ridiculous SDI luck is still holding out. :P

-Bama

In honor of TPF, and its most esteemed former evil overlord, I present the following:

Propaganda war ensemble

Burial to be

Bones shining in the night

In blood laced misery

Campaign of elimination

Twisted psychology

When victory is to survive

And death is defeat