An Experiment

JEDCJT

OOC: Nighttime missions would obviously be the most effective time to use these. Even with the counter-tech, it would still create momentary blindness or disorientation.

As for ground troops, many nations have their troopers wear helmets that provide 360 degree protection, and mine have the auto-dimmer installed for things like flashbangs and gunshots at night. The shockwave would probably knock them down, but it depends on if they are using nightvision or not. If they are, your stuff will really screw with them. If they aren't... well, I guess it depends on what the other person has.

OOC: What about noise? If your troops rely on radio for commands during a war against me, and my troops notice that, they will jam radio signals. I am currently thinking up of a way to rely on non-radio efficient communication.

EDIT: How fast does those auto-dimmers react when a sudden powerful flash hits it?

Edited by HHAYD

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ellison grinned. "Well...if you want, you can stay here. But there are nice places in Utica that you can stay in, like hotels or facilities. It's a short drive from here."

"We will stay here." replied Fan.

OOC: What about noise? If your troops rely on radio for commands during a war against me, and my troops notice that, they will jam radio signals. I am currently thinking up of a way to rely on non-radio efficient communication.

OOC: Noise would be another factor, yes, but like I said, many nations, including my own, equip their troops with 360degree helmets. Noise is blocked out for the troop's safety for the most part, especially loud noises like gunshots and grenade blasts. Obviously some is allowed through so they can be aware of their surroundings, and there are settings for urban combat which would allow them to enhance their hearing, but on normal settings, it would probably sound like an unprotected grenade blasts with the aural protections.

As for radio... I've been working on something as well, but I figure most nations still use radio. If you found a way to jam it, that could wreck havoc on the battlefield.

Ellison nodded. "So be it." He said, smiling. The AETC was equipped with modern facilities, including sleeping quarters, showers, etc.

Fan signaled the GLS scientists to take a break. "Mind if you can show us our rooms?" asked Fan.

Ellison nodded. "Right this way." He said. The director led Fan and the GLS scientists to their respective quarters in the AETC.

They headed to their quarters and stayed there overnight.

--------

Next day:

Fan the director left his quarters and walked outside...

OOC: I am horrible at RPing personal actions.

They headed to their quarters and stayed there overnight.

--------

Next day:

Fan the director left his quarters and walked outside...

OOC: I am horrible at RPing personal actions.

OOC: Ah, dont worry about that. You're doing fine. *pats HHAYD on back*

IC: Ellison stood outside of the building, holding his clipboard. Ellison grinned as he saw Fan. "Good morning, sir! The experiment can proceed in a short while. The pilots have recovered in a remarkably short time, and they are good to go."

OOC: Ah, dont worry about that. You're doing fine. *pats HHAYD on back*

IC: Ellison stood outside of the building, holding his clipboard. Ellison grinned as he saw Fan. "Good morning, sir! The experiment can proceed in a short while. The pilots have recovered in a remarkably short time, and they are good to go."

"First, let me wake up my workers. They haven't woken up yet."

OOC: From what I understand, I'd say they probably would be too localized and brief to pick up.

EDIT: Well, maybe you'd pick them up, but considering all the other information that you would have to sort through, you probably wouldn't notice them. Sorry... :(

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

OOC: From what I understand, I'd say they probably would be too localized and brief to pick up.

EDIT: Well, maybe you'd pick them up, but considering all the other information that you would have to sort through, you probably wouldn't notice them. Sorry... :(

OOC: Indeed. Those flashes only last less than 5 seconds and are small. There is no way you can pick up the flashes because it could be some random person setting off fireworks during daytime. Besides, it is harder to detect bright, brief, small flashes during the daytime.

Edited by HHAYD

Director Fan headed back into the building, a bit annoyed that NONE of his workers set the alarm clocks. He started banging on each of the GLS scientists' rooms' doors, shouting, "Wake up or I will put a foot in your rear end!"

Edited by HHAYD

"Okay." Ellison grinned.

Director Fan headed back into the building, a bit annoyed that NONE of his workers set the alarm clocks. He started banging on each of the GLS scientists' rooms' doors, shouting, "Wake up or I will put a foot in your rear end!"

Ellison, who was scanning his clipboard, gave a slight start as he heard Fan's voice shouting at the workers. He stifled a laugh as he heard Fan threaten to "put a foot in their rear end."

After he got 19 of his workers to wake up, the last one seems to refuse to wake up.

"This is the 3rd time! WAKE UP! NOW! Or else I will drop your salary by 90%!" yelled Fan.

Finally, the last worker got up and bolted out of the door, knocking Fan down in the process of rushing to get to the launch site.

"Set your alarm clocks next time..." groaned Fan as he got to and walked outside to the testing site.

After checking up on everything, Ellison heard sounds behind him. Turning, he had to chuckle as he saw Fan and his workers. "Finally got 'em to wake up, eh?" He said, still chuckling.

"Yep. Today we are going to test Type 5 missile. Got the pilots ready?"

---

Type 5 missile is similar to Type 4, except it uses Type 1 powder. That results in a smaller light generation, but the burning by-products are sent flying everywhere at a much higher speed, igniting the moment they hit something.

"Yep. Today we are going to test Type 5 missile. Got the pilots ready?"

---

Type 5 missile is similar to Type 4, except it uses Type 1 powder. That results in a smaller light generation, but the burning by-products are sent flying everywhere at a much higher speed, igniting the moment they hit something.

Ellison nodded. "They're getting in the aircrafts right now." He indicated to several pilots that were now stepping into the aircrafts. "We'll be in the air in a moment."

A moment later, the aircrafts flew up into the air. They glided around and then whizzed around in the air. The pilots were equipped this time with more stronger and upgraded sunglasses.

Ellison nodded. "They're getting in the aircrafts right now." He indicated to several pilots that were now stepping into the aircrafts. "We'll be in the air in a moment."

A moment later, the aircrafts flew up into the air. They glided around and then whizzed around in the air. The pilots were equipped this time with more stronger and upgraded sunglasses.

"Have you changed anything in this experiment, such as the sunglasses?" asked Fan.

Ellison grinned and nodded. "Yes, we have changed the sunglasses to their upgraded ones, so to say." He replied.

"Erm, this is suppose to be a controlled experiment, meaning that everything except for the rockets has to be to same in order to get accurate results. Otherwise, we are going to have to retest the previous rockets. Your choice." replied Fan

"Erm, this is suppose to be a controlled experiment, meaning that everything except for the rockets has to be to same in order to get accurate results. Otherwise, we are going to have to retest the previous rockets. Your choice." replied Fan

"..." Ellison remained silent as he surveyed the clipboard. "So you say...thanks for mentioning that."

"MEN! GET YOUR BUTTS BACK THERE AND GET THE ORIGINAL SUNGLASSES!" He yelled, and the staff workers immediately got on with it.

"R-right away, boss!" One of them said as he scampered away toward the bases.