An Experiment

JEDCJT

HIGHLY-CLASSIFIED

Army Echelon Testing Center, located near Utica, New York

In the week following the secret conference between the leaders of the Republic of New England and the Great Lakes States in New York City, federal, state, and Army officials had been at work establishing the basis for an experiment with fireworks, so to say.

Working in conjunction with the Department of Defense, the Army established a top-secret testing center, named the Army Echelon Testing Center (AETC). The site, located ten miles south from Utica, in central New York, was surrounded by hundreds of Army soldiers and personnel. Checkpoints were set around the AETC, which were manned with heavily-armed troops and guards, and nobody but the highest government officials, GLS officials, and these involved in the project were allowed in.

Everything was ready. The Air Force agreed to loan a few of its outdated aircrafts for the experiment, and every necessary resources were amassed for this purpose.

It was now to begin.

Edited by JEDCJT

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 GLS scientists and the director arrived, with the crates of the secret AA fireworks.

After the GLS scientists and director arrived, the New England director of the project greeted them. "Hello, sirs. My name is Harry Ellison, and I will be supervising the project on behalf of the government." Ellison greeted as he shook the GLS director's hand. "We have everything else prepared for the experiment. We have undertaken all protective and safety measures possible to ensure that the experiment goes as smoothly as possible and according to plan."

Ellison led the team to the site. "Why don't you set up everything and we'll do the same." He said as he gestured to the crates containing the fireworks.

Edited by JEDCJT

After the GLS scientists and director arrived, the New England director of the project greeted them. "Hello, sirs. My name is Harry Ellison, and I will be supervising the project on behalf of the government." Ellison greeted as he shook the GLS director's hand. "We have everything else prepared for the experiment. We have undertaken all protective and safety measures possible to ensure that the experiment goes as smoothly as possible and according to plan."

Ellison led the team to the site. "Why don't you set up everything and we'll do the same." He said as he gestured to the crates containing the fireworks.

"My name is Gred Fan." said the director as the 20 scientists begin opening the crates of fireworks. The crates were filled with plastic rods that are filled with the flash powder, empty track-via-missiles, and forget-and-fire missiles.

After the crates were opened, the scientists placed the plastic rods in the missiles, and clamped the opening hatches close so the firework rods don't fall out during launch.

"My name is Gred Fan." said the director as the 20 scientists begin opening the crates of fireworks. The crates were filled with plastic rods that are filled with the flash powder, empty track-via-missiles, and forget-and-fire missiles.

After the crates were opened, the scientists placed the plastic rods in the missiles, and clamped the opening hatches close so the firework rods don't fall out during launch.

"It's a honor to meet you." Ellison smiled as he turned to the project. New England officials, scientists, and anyone working in the project promptly went to work setting everything up. In a short while, they were finished and everything was good to go.

Ellison, after checking his clipboard, turned to Fan. "Everything should be good to go. If they are here, your pilots can fly our aircrafts during the experiment." He said as he gestured to two interceptors nearby. "Or would you prefer we use our own pilots?" He gestured to several pilots nearby, who waved. "Nevertheless, we will ensure their safety, and they will be equipped with our state-of-the-art sunglasses that will shield them from the blinding effects of the fireworks."

The New England director paused for a moment as he barked orders to various officials and staff workers. "It's ready, you may begin. Good luck." Ellison said to Fan.

OOC: So...who will fly the aircrafts, and who will fire the fireworks? ;)

"It's a honor to meet you." Ellison smiled as he turned to the project. New England officials, scientists, and anyone working in the project promptly went to work setting everything up. In a short while, they were finished and everything was good to go.

Ellison, after checking his clipboard, turned to Fan. "Everything should be good to go. If they are here, your pilots can fly our aircrafts during the experiment." He said as he gestured to two interceptors nearby. "Or would you prefer we use our own pilots?" He gestured to several pilots nearby, who waved. "Nevertheless, we will ensure their safety, and they will be equipped with our state-of-the-art sunglasses that will shield them from the blinding effects of the fireworks."

The New England director paused for a moment as he barked orders to various officials and staff workers. "It's ready, you may begin. Good luck." Ellison said to Fan.

OOC: So...who will fly the aircrafts, and who will fire the fireworks? ;)

OOC: If my nation doesn't have an airforce, then it doesn't have any airforce pilots. :awesome:

------------------

IC: "We don't have any jet pilots in our military, since we don't even have an air force. We will fire the rockets." replied Fan as the GLS scientists prepared the rocket launchers, a mini radar machine for the track-via-missiles, and loaded them.

Edited by HHAYD

OOC: If my nation doesn't have an airforce, then it doesn't have any airforce pilots. :awesome:

------------------

IC: "We don't have any jet pilots in our military, since we don't even have an air force. We will fire the rockets." replied Fan as the GLS scientists prepared the rocket launchers and loaded them.

OOC: Oh, that slipped my mind. Sorry about that. :blush:

IC: Ellison remained silent for a while. Finally, he facepalmed. "Oh yes! I forgot about that, sorry about that." Turning to the pilots, Ellison gestured them to begin. The pilots nodded and scrambled for their respective aircrafts. They got into the aircrafts, and after standard procedures (including putting on the sunglasses), and were ready for take-off.

Finally, the interceptors, after running up the runaway, took off into the air. The interceptors did some rolls and dives in the air as they whizzed around. The pilots were having a time of their lives.

OOC: Oh, that slipped my mind. Sorry about that. :blush:

IC: Ellison remained silent for a while. Finally, he facepalmed. "Oh yes! I forgot about that, sorry about that." Turning to the pilots, Ellison gestured them to begin. The pilots nodded and scrambled for their respective aircrafts. They got into the aircrafts, and after standard procedures (including putting on the sunglasses), and were ready for take-off.

Finally, the interceptors, after running up the runaway, took off into the air. The interceptors did some rolls and dives in the air as they whizzed around. The pilots were having a time of their lives.

"Ready to fire?" asked Fan.

Ellison grinned. "Fire away." He said simply.

"Fire!" shouted the director, and one of the GLS scientists pressed the launch button.

The first track-via-missile was launched, and roared toward the interceptors at mach 5. The rocket exploded close to the aircrafts and a giant, bright, white flash was generated as large burning by-product chunks from the fireworks rocket explosion scattered in all direction. Within 1-3 seconds, all of the by-product chunks exploded and generated more flashes.

The flashes generated were so strong that some of the GLS scientists with sensitive eyes were squinting or covering their eyes.

The pilots are soon going to be flying the jet planes, while being blinded.

Edited by HHAYD

"Fire!" shouted the director, and one of the GLS scientists pressed the launch button.

The first track-via-missile was launched, and roared toward the interceptors at mach 5. The rocket exploded close to the aircrafts and a giant, bright, white flash was generated as large burning by-product chunks from the fireworks rocket explosion scattered in all direction. Within 1-3 seconds, all of the by-product chunks exploded and generated more flashes.

The flashes generated were so strong that some of the GLS scientists with sensitive eyes were squinting or covering their eyes.

The pilots are soon going to be flying the jet planes, while being blinded.

The flashes were so bright, so intense that the pilots couldn't help but squint a bit - despite the fact they were wearing state-of-the-art sunglasses that were configured to protect their eyes from the most intense glares. But other than that, the pilots still could see and they continued to manuever their aircrafts in the air. The sunglasses were working.

On the ground, Ellison turned his face away and shielded his eyes with his hand. When the glares subsided, Ellison turned to survey the aircrafts still whizzing around in the air. Grinning, he turned to Fan. "Guess it worked, heh."

The flashes were so bright, so intense that the pilots couldn't help but squint a bit - despite the fact they were wearing state-of-the-art sunglasses that were configured to protect their eyes from the most intense glares. But other than that, the pilots still could see and they continued to manuever their aircrafts in the air. The sunglasses were working.

On the ground, Ellison turned his face away and shielded his eyes with his hand. When the glares subsided, Ellison turned to survey the aircrafts still whizzing around in the air. Grinning, he turned to Fan. "Guess it worked, heh."

"Second rocket then. We got plenty of more that are different types." replied Fan

The GLS scientists fired the second track-via-missile, with another type of fireworks in it. The second type generates a higher concentration of light at the cost of having the radius of effect reduced since all of the powder explodes unlike the first kind.

Edited by HHAYD

"Second rocket then. We got plenty of more that are different types." replied Fan

The GLS scientists fired the second track-via-missile, with another type of fireworks in it. The second type generates a higher concentration of light at the cost of having the radius of effect reduced since all of the powder explodes unlike the first kind.

The flash of light was slightly brighter and intense, and the pilots squinted a little from it. But other than that, they still could see clearly. The aircrafts continued to whizz around in the air.

The flash of light was slightly brighter and intense, and the pilots squinted a little from it. But other than that, they still could see clearly. The aircrafts continued to whizz around in the air.

Fan facepalmed and then said, "Fire type three missile."

The third kind of missile contained sticky liquid flash powder. It was designed to stick onto almost anything and ignite after a few seconds of contact with the air. Flashes are more intense when those liquid explode while stuck to the windshields.

Edited by HHAYD

Fan facepalmed and then said, "Fire type three missile."

The third kind of missile contained sticky liquid flash powder. It was designed to stick onto almost anything and ignite after a few seconds of contact with the air. Flashes are more intense when those liquid explode while stuck to the windshields.

Ellison chuckled as he saw Fan facepalm. He looked up at the air, readying himself in anticipation of the flashes as the missiles were launched into the air.

True, the liquid flash powder were more intense and brighter when they struck to the windshields, so much that despite the sunglasses, the pilots couldn't help but lose little control of the aircrafts. The aircrafts looked as if they were about to spin out of control, but the pilots managed to maintain control, whizzing through the air.

"This is pilot A3-220 reporting in." One of the pilots' voice rang from the intercom. "Status report: everything is fine. The flashes were more intense, and we now have spots in our eyes, but we are fine. Over and out."

Ellison chuckled as he saw Fan facepalm. He looked up at the air, readying himself in anticipation of the flashes as the missiles were launched into the air.

True, the liquid flash powder were more intense and brighter when they struck to the windshields, so much that despite the sunglasses, the pilots couldn't help but lose little control of the aircrafts. The aircrafts looked as if they were about to spin out of control, but the pilots managed to maintain control, whizzing through the air.

"This is pilot A3-220 reporting in." One of the pilots' voice rang from the intercom. "Status report: everything is fine. The flashes were more intense, and we now have spots in our eyes, but we are fine. Over and out."

"Launch type 4 missile." ordered Fan

Type 4 missile contained the type 2 missile's powder, but there were compressed oxygen added to it. As a result, a small shock wave is generated and the flash would be much brighter than type 2 (and type 4 if the aircrafts are close enough) but would completely burn up in a split second unlike type 2's and 4's two second period.

Edited by HHAYD

"Launch type 4 missile." ordered Fan

Type 4 missile contained the type 2 missile's powder, but there were compressed oxygen added to it. As a result, the flash would be much brighter than type 2 (and type 4 if the aircrafts are close enough) but would completely burn up in a split second unlike type 2's and 4's two second period.

However, this time, the pilots couldn't take it. The flashes were far too much bright, despite the sunglasses. The pilots lost control of the aircrafts this time, and they went spiraling out of control toward the ground. As Ellison and the others watched in concern, terror, and horror, the aircrafts were getting nearer and nearer to the ground.

At the last minute, however, the blinded pilots managed to take control of the aircrafts and they narrowly missed the ground, but then ground to a rough halt on the ground a few yards from where Ellison and the others were standing.

Calming his beating heart and steadying himself, Ellison turned to Fan. "Well...I guess it worked this time." He turned to survey the aircrafts, of which officials and staff workers were rushing toward to tend to the workers...

Edited by JEDCJT

However, this time, the pilots couldn't take it. The flashes were far too much bright, despite the sunglasses. The pilots lost control of the aircrafts this time, and they went spiraling out of control toward the ground. As Ellison and the others watched in concern, terror, and horror, the aircrafts were getting nearer and nearer to the ground.

At the last minute, however, the blinded pilots managed to take control of the aircrafts and they narrowly missed the ground, but then ground to a rough halt on the ground a few yards from where Ellison and the others were standing.

Calming his beating heart and steadying himself, Ellison turned to Fan. "Well...I guess it worked this time." He turned to survey the aircrafts, of which officials and staff workers were rushing toward to tend to the workers...

Fan looked though his papers and asked, "So, do you want to continue, or should we continue tomorrow? We still have a few more missiles to test."

Edited by HHAYD

Fan looked though the papers and said, "So, do you want to end the experiment now, or should we continue tomorrow? We still have a few more missiles to test."

Ellison rubbed his chin in thought as he saw the dazed pilots being carried out of the aircrafts and to a makeshift tent nearby. "Hm...tomorrow, then. Seems that they need to rest from what they've been through, heh." He said.

Ellison rubbed his chin in thought as he saw the dazed pilots being carried out of the aircrafts and to a makeshift tent nearby. "Hm...tomorrow, then. Seems that they need to rest from what they've been through, heh." He said.

"I forgot to ask, but where are we staying?" asked Fan.

OOC: Those fireworks are just oversized flash grenades... :P I can tell they would be at least somewhat effective, though.

OOC: Oversized flash grenades that have been given the ability to fly and lock onto targets via radar. ;)

Edited by HHAYD

OOC: Eh, but once word of these gets out, all it will take it auto-dimming $@pits and facemasks to counter the effects... and many pilots fly with sunglasses during daytime missions to begin with.

OOC: That is why I am going to continue to RP the development more powerful stun rockets that burns up faster. What about nighttime missions?

EDIT: And even if I get beaten by the counter-stun rocket technology, I can always use the stun rockets against ground infantry.

Edited by HHAYD

OOC: That is why I am going to continue to RP the development more powerful stun rockets that burns up faster. What about nighttime missions?

EDIT: And even if I get beaten by the counter-stun rocket technology, I can always use the stun rockets against ground infantry.

OOC: Nighttime missions would obviously be the most effective time to use these. Even with the counter-tech, it would still create momentary blindness or disorientation.

As for ground troops, many nations have their troopers wear helmets that provide 360 degree protection, and mine have the auto-dimmer installed for things like flashbangs and gunshots at night. The shockwave would probably knock them down, but it depends on if they are using nightvision or not. If they are, your stuff will really screw with them. If they aren't... well, I guess it depends on what the other person has.