In Our Darkest Hour...There You Were

Sarah Tintagyl

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In spite of my earlier reservations, which I remind you still stand, this agreement will receive Generalissimo’s signature.

Procinctia is prepared to participate in Level I of the Paix Hanseatique treaty.

Signed for Procinctia

Generalissimo

Generalissimo of Procinctia

Edited by Generalissimo

Prince Yuri took out his PDA and rapidly tapped the keys. Seconds later he received the necessary confirmation and stood to sign the document:

(Buryatia will enter Pax Hanseatique - Level II)

Signed for the United Kingdom of Buryatia,

HRH Prince Yuri Vladimirovich Guttorp-Farone-Zenn, Prince of Vaule & Buryatia, Duke of Caledonia, Lord of Novaya Zemlya, Holder of the Holy Order of Buryatia

The Chairman gets off a video conference with the Imperial Legislature, he returns to the group.

"I am ready to sign on behalf of the Empire, all 3 tiers. I thought that would be the result."

He took the pen quietly and signed with a flourish..

[b]For the Dragon Empire,[/b]
Maelstrom Vortex,
Triumvirate Adviser of the Dragon Empire
Signed on behalf of the Legislative Council of the Dragon Empire.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

We shall not sign any agreement with the Hansa, we feel that our friendship need not be co-signed upon a piece of paper, but in fact surpasses all that such a piece of paper can represent. Instead, I give you my word, as a friend and ally, that we shall defend and provide aid to the Hansa whenever she may require it.

We call for the expulsion of the Yamato from this treaty as they have started a war of aggression because someone didn't sign a treaty. We also call for international condemnation of this act as well as the potential to escalate to military intervention against the offending state.

This is a clear violation of the spirit of the treaty.

We call for the expulsion of the Yamato from this treaty as they have started a war of aggression because someone didn't sign a treaty. We also call for international condemnation of this act as well as the potential to escalate to military intervention against the offending state.

This is a clear violation of the spirit of the treaty.

How does this breach the spirit of the treaty? The treaty only calls for non aggression between the members. The nation, Yamato has declared on, is not a member. Are all members of this treaty who declare war on anyone to be expelled for not being passive?

We hope our allies in the Empire are not thinking of expelling Yamato so that they might back up their claims of protection for the Nation of Lu without having these treaties to stop them.

Edited by Tahsir Re

I would like to remind both the Dragons and the Dranaggians of the reason that this treaty was signed. Due to the instability seen by myself in the region following the attack on Brisbane, stability is not enough anymore. The promise of peace is required as well. If Yamato does attack, and by attack I mean actually launch troops or missiles to damage Lu infrastructure, then and only then will Yamato be expelled from Pax Hanseatica. We have no desire at this time to expel the Yamatos from this treaty, however we do implore them to rethink their actions before expulsion is taken.

Our Dranaggian friends also have a point. I do hope that the Dragon Empire does not seek to create stability though hegemony alone. We count both nations as our friends and the hot-headedness must stop for us to get a grasp on the current situation.

"We agree, if there is no actual fight there is no issue, but a declaration of war has already been made. That only leaves the firing of weapons remaining before the spirit of this treaty is breached."

"Rather, it is a 'Recogniztion of a State of War.' In the eyes of Yamato, it is the Yu Empire that provoked this. We are not saying that yamato was right in this action, but the Yu Empire does need to learn tact--and now they are the ones pushing for war, when Yamato has backed down."

• 2 weeks later...

The Empire moves that Promised Land be removed to observer status in all levels of this treaty due to its use of biological weapons being in violation of all the terms until such time as it has handed over the war criminals responsible and allows an inspection of all its research and intelligence facilities to verify the the destruction of all stock of such weapons.

A biological attack is not an attack on one nation, it is an attack on all.

We oppose if Promised Land is expelled because of it's actions we should consider removing the Dragon Empire as well for attacking a Government Center when a de-facto cease fire has been declared by the fact that it was within an ultimatum issued by the Dragon Empire. The difference making the acts of the Dragon Empire worse being the fact they actually sanctioned the attack rather than a rogue attack as in Promised Land.

"That's a farce. The attack on somal was attack against the globe with a weapon that could mutate uncontrollably. We attacked a valid military target, a government center, with casualty minimizing munitions."

Your whole statement Promised Land is responsible is a farce.

"If they have a stockpile of WMD, they are responsible for its security just as any of us are responsible for our own security of our WMD. The old Dragon Empire had a lapse in its weapon security. There was an entire war fought over it. We are hoping this will not happen in this case. That war was waged until the man responsible was presented on his knees before the representatives of the state of Tahoe for summary execution."

"If they have a stockpile of WMD, they are responsible for its security just as any of us are responsible for our own security of our WMD. The old Dragon Empire had a lapse in its weapon security. There was an entire war fought over it. We are hoping this will not happen in this case. That war was waged until the man responsible was presented on his knees before the representatives of the state of Tahoe for summary execution."

"All right, that is enough. You have hounded us from one Forum to another. We are doing our best to co-operate, yet you dog our every step, demanding more whether we can give it or not. YOUR INSPECTORS ARE ALREADY AT WORK WITHIN OUR NATION! You act like you don't even know that. And before you point out that we have made few arrests...we remind you that the operatives in question did not become that way by being easy to find."

"Your actions are bordering on aggressive."

"All right, that is enough. You have hounded us from one Forum to another. We are doing our best to co-operate, yet you dog our every step, demanding more whether we can give it or not. YOUR INSPECTORS ARE ALREADY AT WORK WITHIN OUR NATION! You act like you don't even know that. And before you point out that we have made few arrests...we remind you that the operatives in question did not become that way by being easy to find."

"Your actions are bordering on aggressive."

"We have every right to continue the escalations of pressure until justice is done. If you cannot deliver Justice for Somal we will be forced to deliver it for them as much as our history leaves us bound, it is even more reason to want to see this situation remedied. Your government is currently rogue. You have been given an opportunity to get it in line and present the criminals within it. If you cannot... someone else will be required to. The timer is counting down, to not allow it to progress to its ending. We trust.. given Promised Land's history elite history in espionage and intelligence.. that you have this handled." Davis stated impassively.

And your actions have resulted in the deaths of hundreds.

And we are doing everything we can to correct the mistake that was made.

"We have every right to continue the escalations of pressure until justice is done. If you cannot deliver Justice for Somal we will be forced to deliver it for them as much as our history leaves us bound, it is even more reason to want to see this situation remedied. Your government is currently rogue. You have been given an opportunity to get it in line and present the criminals within it. If you cannot... someone else will be required to. The timer is counting down, to not allow it to progress to its ending. We trust.. given Promised Land's history elite history in espionage and intelligence.. that you have this handled." Davis stated impassively.

"Yes, our intelligence operations are second to few, if any on this planet...but these agents were part of that system, and know the ins and outs. Betrayers from within in situations like these are all too often the most difficult ones to find. We cannot simply go up to their door, knock, and read them their rights. We are complying to the best of our ability."

***Classified to maelstrom Vortex***

"Look, I'm trying to be patient here. These things do take time. And that's speaking from personal experience. About the only other thing we can do at this point that we haven't already done is release the images of each agent to the public at large, if you really think that will do any good."

~Subtleknifewielder

"The images of the agents who committed the crimes may be useful to international law enforcement. A global manhunt would likely improve your chances. I would advise the release of the identities of the agents responsible for the attacks and as much information as you have upon them. The more personal and identity data the world has the more likely apprehension of the criminals will occur. There are some things you can hide from, but biological and aesthetic items which cannot be changed as well as known living relations would help global investigators immensely. Perhaps dental records for identification in case someone fitting the description is isolated. In particular, make sure you give this information to Somal special forces, but I would encourage you not to give it to those who are likely to be sponsors of bioterror as they may just seek to make use of these persons."

"I will not order you to release them as that would be wrong and beyond my capability. You are a sovereign leader.. but I would kindly ask you grant such information to as many people that you do trust for your own sake. The Empire I am sure would love to know of this list of persons. With our tight border security they would almost certainly be caught if they tried to intrude here."

"You have to realize that even though your state and you are not totally responsible for the events that unfolded.. you were an enabler. You are being given an opportunity to make things right, but if you cannot.. then the consequences will have been earned. You have the identities of these persons. You have an unparalleled intelligence apparatus. There is no reason we shouldn't expect your state to be able to produce these criminals within a year (a month in real time). That is what you have been allocated by my own clocks and the Empire has authorized progressively intensify diplomatic pressure until results are achieved."

"Redeem yourself. Find and deliver these criminals. As so many over the world have said themselves.. we cannot allow the existence of a state which cannot police its own weapons of mass destruction stockpile and intelligence systems. If such a state continues it poses a threat to life to citizens around the world. That government, though not its people, would have to be destroyed, reshaped.. and reformed to ensure the safety of the global population from pandemic and annihilation."

"This is not a new policy. It has been applied before. Perhaps you remember the rogue state of Indochina?"

OOC: I'm trying to finish another RP I have going with Ned the Great before I wrap up this storyline, but it's a little hard when he doesn't reply...

***Classified Reply***

"Very well. I am authorizing the full release of all pertinent data on each of the agents in question."

OOC: In another thread...looks like I'll be making yet another.