In Our Darkest Hour...There You Were

Sarah Tintagyl

"Everyone in the room has one thing in common; we’re here because we all support Hansea.

Is that enough framework for a peaceful new world?

Many us have of never had contact, much less formal relations.

Sarah’s proposal amounts to a mutual non-aggression pacts between everyone in the room, is a friend’s friend qualification enough?

How well do we really know each other? How far does our trust extend?

Procinctia is extremely discerning in our treaty obligations, which is why we don’t have any.

Edited by Generalissimo

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I think you are right Generalissimo." Reznov said, "The only thing that tied us together was by the Hansa's call for help. Most people don't know each other well, and though my leader would take the time to get to know others, it may take time to actually gain the trust of everyone."

“How can we prove our mutual goodwill?

Just one meeting isn’t enough because real trust is accumulated over time.

First impressions are ultimately irrelevant; I first met Týr with a beer in Asgaard during when he was lying about Germany’s new peaceful direction, came off as a nice guy and at the time he didn’t seem like Marten’s sock puppet.”

Edited by Generalissimo

Sensing an opportunity to speak, Prince Yuri leaned forward and began:

“We are in full agreement with the idea of cementing the bonds formed here. Although we have all been brought here due to a humanitarian tragedy, let us not only continue the provision of aid and supplies, but let us begin a sincere dialogue in the hopes that such a tragedy as the one that has beset Brisbane, shall never again be repeated. I am indebted to Lady Tintagyl, and I hope that the assistance we continue to provide shall be a sign of my eternal gratitude, and the goodwill of the peoples of Vaule and Buryatia.

Regarding signing treaties, I have received the authorization to sign a series of Non Aggression Pacts with those assembled here. Signing similar Mutual Defense Pacts (MDPs) would have to be approved on a case by case basis by the Parliament of Buryatia.

We also agree with the idea of some form of economic pact between our nations as this would be mutually beneficial. We also express a desire to establish Embassies with the nations whose representatives are here.”

The man that accompanied Kilik rushed over to him and whispered a few hushed sentences in his ear. His lonesome grin vanished behind a nodded frown and subsequently began rubbing his forehead.

He practically began to blurt out amidst the ensuing conversation... "Mechodamia will sign any military treaty or non-aggression pact with Hansa. I want to make that clear... unfortunately I must take my leave as an emergency situation has arisen within my homeland that requires my utmost attention. I gravely apologize, but I will keep in touch, Lady Protector."

The chair pulled back and he promptly stood up, bowed, and began marching toward the exit.

Kilik recovered a bit and kindly glanced toward Vortex. "Thank you, Chairman... I apologize, I don't think we have met. Oh, and an all around NAP would sound quite swell methinks." His breath was a tad short from the fall, but his body began to recuperate.

"No, I don't believe we have. Who are you here representing?" He would inquire. His gloved hand moved to rest back atop his other gloved hand on his cane.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

"No, I don't believe we have. Who are you here representing?" He would inquire. His gloved hand moved to rest back atop his other gloved hand on his cane.

Kilik back stepped, leering at his watch. He knew had plenty of time, but he had a feeling in the pit of his stomach that demanded urgency...

"I am Prefect Kilik Torqameda, representing the leadership of the United Mechodamian States. And you are?"

"Maelstrom Vortex, Chairman of the state of Dragonisia, Triumvirate Adviser of the Dragon Empire. Pleased to meet you. Are you alright? Something seems to be faintly distracting you." He was quite observant. He'd noted the glances at the watch.

He looked to the others and kind of rejoined their conversation in part, "I can do MDP's or NAPs with anyone here who wants one who is truly centered on finding peace, but all proposals will have to go through our legislature for finalization. For most states this shouldn't be a problem as long as they have a history absent of excessive belligerence."

"The pleasure is mine, good sir. I am alright, as I blurted out before an emergency situation has arisen so I must take my leave... but I feel that this will not be the last time we meet. If a problem should ever arise in Africa, feel free to contact me and I'll see what I can do."

Kilik handed him a card. "With that, I take my leave. A pleasure to have made your acquaintance." His feet promptly made their way toward the door, thoughts consuming the ever-pressing conclave of his intrepid mind...

Edited by SpacingOutMan

It was as she feared, while the Hansa of course was a focal point, a center of diplomatic advancement, bringing people together, it was quite a different situation in seeing a friendship blossom between say Louisiana and Yamato, or Prussia and Aotearoa. They all defended her and her country, but they were still different people, with different ambitions, and different agendas. The point was here unfortunately, that if world cooperation was going to start, without having a constant enemy to rely on, this was really their only chance for a long time.

"Excellencies. Please, I only ask you to hear a set of proposals that I have drawn up for this conference. Many of you here, or not only here because you were there to provide aid. Many of your nations were also at war with The Greater Nordic Reich, or at least found criticism in their running of governments. Some of you were neutral in this previous conflict and that is to your credit. But we have a chance to perhaps at least end warfare between potential enemies, because who knows how the world will change even tomorrow. A piece of paper isn't much, but it is a reminder. Perhaps a reminder of what occurred her in Brisbane and how for once the world joined together."

"As such, I present an idea of a series of different treaties. 'The Paix Hanseatique', three different styles of treaties that can be universally signed by all members here. Before I introduce the drafts prepared. I want to explain the idea. Essentially, there will be a Level I, which is an NAP between nations. Level II will include economic and intelligence treaties, and Level III will include an MDP. Any nation can sign any level they want or agree not to sign at all. It is just the beginning for perhaps an end to our fighting between ourselves and a way to inspire freedom and liberty to all of our peoples."

Paix Hanseatique - Level I

Article I - Justification

The signatories of this pact, do so in the attempt to uphold peace in the world after seeing the horrible ramifications of war, disease, and death that has been brought to our lands. This treaty is signed after a bio-terror attack on the Hanseatic Commonwealth following the Mariehamm War. In doing so, leaders across the free world have realized that by joining together we, and we alone can end the chaos in the world. This treaty is the beginning of this.

Article II - Non Aggression

Signatories agree to not take hostile acts against the other such as acts of espionage, third party intervention, and open warfare. Signatories are not required to defend other signatories if under an attack by a third party.

Article III- Termination

If one of the signatories chooses to terminate this pact, they must give 48 hours notice before the treaty is officially dissolved.

For the Hanseatic Commonwealth,

Sarah Tintagyl, Lady Protector

For the United Mechodamian States

Kilik Torqameda, Lord Prefect

For Promised Land,

Westley Davies, Supreme General

For Yuktobania,

Catherine Reznov, Foriegn Minister

For Pangong,

Warner Guinee, Director

For the Khmer Empire,

Hun Sen, King of the Khmer, Emperor of The Vietnamese

For the United Kingdom of Buryatia,

HRH Prince Yuri Vladimirovich Guttorp-Farone-Zenn, Prince of Vaule & Buryatia, Duke of Caledonia, Lord of Novaya Zemlya, Holder of the Holy Order of Buryatia

For Procinctia

Generalissimo, Generalissimo of Procinctia

For Greater Croatia,

Nadine Audrey Peacecraft

Stjepan Mesic

For theRepublic of Dranagg

Tahsir Re

For the Dragon Empire,

Maelstrom Vortex,

Triumvirate Adviser of the Dragon Empire

Signed on behalf of the Legislative Council of the Dragon Empire.

Pax Hanseatique - Level II

The signatories of this pact, do so in the attempt to uphold peace in the world after seeing the horrible ramifications of war, disease, and death that has been brought to our lands. This treaty is signed after a bio-terror attack on the Hanseatic Commonwealth following the Mariehamm War. In doing so, leaders across the free world have realized that by joining together we, and we alone can end the chaos in the world. This treaty is the beginning of this.

Signatories agree to not take hostile acts against the other such as acts of espionage, third party intervention, and open warfare. Signatories are not required to defend other signatories if under an attack by a third party.

Article III - Economic and Technological Cooperation

Each signatory agrees to provide economic assistance to the other signatories should it ever be needed. All signatory ports are open to military and civilian vessels of the other signatories during peace time and during war. To promote commerce and trade each signatory agrees to lower or eliminate tariffs on specific goods. In addition, each signatory of this treaty agrees to share any relevant intelligence amongst one another if said information pertains a possible threat to the survival of any signatory. The information is to be shared privately unless the signatories with which the intelligence has been shared with agree to release the information to the public.

Article IV - Termination

If one of the Signatories chooses to terminate this pact, they must give 48 hours notice before the treaty is officially dissolved.

For Promised Land,

Westley Davies, Supreme General

For Yuktobania,

For Pangong,

Warner Guinee, Director

For the Khmer Empire,

Hun Sen, King of the Khmer, Emperor of The Vietnamese

For the United Kingdom of Buryatia,

HRH Prince Yuri Vladimirovich Guttorp-Farone-Zenn, Prince of Vaule & Buryatia, Duke of Caledonia, Lord of Novaya Zemlya, Holder of the Holy Order of Buryatia

For Greater Croatia,

Nadine Audrey Peacecraft

Stjepan Mesic

For the Dragon Empire,

Maelstrom Vortex,

Paix Hanseatique - Level III

Article III - Economic and Technological Cooperation

Each signatory agrees to provide economic assistance to the other signatories should it ever be needed. All signatory ports are open to military and civilian vessels of the other signatories during peace time and during war. To promote commerce and trade each signatory agrees to lower or eliminate tariffs on specific goods. In addition, each signatory of this treaty agrees to share any relevant intelligence amongst one another if said information pertains a possible threat to the survival of any signatory. The information is to be shared privately unless the signatories with which the intelligence has been shared with agree to release the information to the public.

Article IV - Mutual Defense

The signatories of this treaty agree that in the event of a foreign party actively pursuing hostile actions against any signatory, the other signatories will be obligated to defend the attacked signatory with full military support.

Article V - Termination

If one of the Signatories chooses to terminate this pact, they must give 48 hours notice before the treaty is officially dissolved.

For Yuktobania,

For Greater Croatia,

Nadine Audrey Peacecraft

Stjepan Mesic

For the Dragon Empire,

Maelstrom Vortex,

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

The Mechodamian High Envoy, George Makalin, remained behind and glanced over the treaty once.

"Consider the United Mechodamian States to be signing the Level III treaty." In the stead of the Prefect he had full permission to sign the Lord's name... he was a master forger, though never mentioned. With pen to paper he signed...

Lord Prefect Kilik Torqameda

Hiley smiled as he glanced over the papers. "Signed in blood."

For Evan Hiley,

fingerprint.png

ooc: it just means that whatever country he ends up in next will follow the treaty, signed in blood and verified by his fingerprint

:v:

OOC: Cool...though which level is he signing?

IC: Rummaging in his pockets, Davies found that he did, after all, have a pen. Withdrawing it, he put his pen to the paper, signing the Level II document.

For Promised Land

~Westly Davies, Supreme General

Warner looked for a pen on him. When he couldn't find one, he said to the soldiers, "Which one of you has a pen?" One handed him a pen. "Ah, thank you." He then quickly signed the Level 2 document.

Signed for Pangong,

Warner Guinee, Director

OOC: Instead of Dictator, he has started calling himself "Director" for a more posotive image. :v:

OOC: Cool...though which level is he signing?

IC: Rummaging in his pockets, Davies found that he did, after all, have a pen. Withdrawing it, he put his pen to the paper, signing the Level II document.

For Promised Land

~Westly Davies, Supreme General

OOC: All of them. :awesome: