In Our Darkest Hour...There You Were

Sarah Tintagyl

Kilik, out of breath of sweat trickling down his brow, hurriedly pushed his away into the conference room and approached the Lady Protector. "Milady, I give you my deepest apologies on our tardiness. We hadn't received your invitation immediately due to a filing snafu and of the sorts. I apologize greatly and hope that I can somehow make amends."

[OOC: Had to help out with college orientation for the last two days since an Orientation Leader got sick]

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"What's he doing now?" He asked, smiling slightly.

"Kneeling, sir, professed his love, sir," Ficci answered, shaking his head with a smirk on his face.

"What a load of pomp," he said under his breath. A half-second later, he brushed the dirt off his jeans and stood straight up on the bench, brushed the dirt off his shirt then hopped down to the ground. Evan and the Ficci twins walked forward and he started to speak.

"Now, Artemis Global Se--"

"Artemis Humanitarian Services, sir," Ficci corrected.

"Artemis Humanitarian Services is committed to providing aid to the White Cross. As a PMC they donated billions of dollars, and as a Humanitarian Service Arm they have also donated billions through the services they now provide. We are not commit--"

"Now committed, sir," the Ficcis said in unison.

"We are NOW committed to the rebuilding of the Hanseatic Commonwealth."

He took a few steps forward and placed his mouth to her ear - "I, and whatever people I lead, will be with you until the end."

A hand went up to Ishima's face.

'All that !@#$%^& has are money and lust. I would never accept a man like that!t'

Straightening up, he said in a low tone.

“Giving disease, then the medicine. Your tactics are wonderful, Mr. Hiley.”

Edited by Sumeragi

Davies' expression softened.

"I'm sure he meant well. Some things should not be tampered with. It's just...where does one draw the line?"

"I gave up on drawing lines. All I care about is treating my body with respect and care. My body was once destroyed by acts of evil for which another person was responsible. It was rebuilt by science and the grace of God. I have no desire to destroy it myself a second time." Maelstrom noted.

"You'd be crazy to." Dr. Sinclair noted.

"That I would." Maelstrom then listened to Lady Tintagyl.

"Lady Protector, your unrestrained pursuit of a global unity while maintaining respect for mutual sovereignty and culture have always been at the core of my appreciation. In my efforts to achieve much the same.. I have found the world will never quite be ready for such sadly. It is one thing to ask the world to work with you.. quite another.. to ask them to work with each other. Although I have absolutely nothing against any person here at this meeting I guarantee you some of them hold something accountable against me, or my state, even holding something against each other. Some are even already plotting against the Empire behind closed doors. It is not paranoia that makes me know this, it is the simple state of human affairs. Even I find it difficult to keep my friends working together. Even today, a state of the Union began separation proceedings under the name of Nationalism even though the yolk of the Empire is loose at best upon the soul of the states of which it is constituted. The probability of success of the endeavor you propose.. though noble.. is nigh to Zero, although I'm willing to give it a try and suspend my disbelief in miracles in relation to the human condition." The Chairman noted, his green eyes glowing faintly with their natural bio luminescence.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Nikolai stomps out his 33rd cancer stick of the day and steps foward.

"In my lifetime, I have commited grave acts against humanty. In my days as a Tsar and President, I have done the same. I am tired of being the harbinger of war and death. Today I stand before you leaders and in particular Sarah, to declare that Molakia will do whatever it takes to preserve peace. Molakia will stand by Hansa. I will stand by my old Friend Sarah. For Many months I have trained the Molakian Armed forces for peacekeeping operations and Counter Insurgency. We are preapared to take down the forces of anarchy by any means."

Nikolai Turns to sarah.

"You have me and my country behind you. Molakia will be your Sword in your endeavors."

Kilik, unbeknown to the situation, hadn't realized the proposal and slowly stepped backwards, awkwardly, trying to take back the words dancing in the air. Without any grace or coordinate he fell upon himself attempting to find a seat... an embarrassing predicament indeed.

Hearing Nikolai's last statement, Warner says to him, "If that is true, then we are her double-barrel shotgun." Turning to Sarah now, he says, "Lady Protector, you have the full might of the Pangong Army in your hands should you need it. Our men are fearless in the battlefield, no retreat, not even a single step backwards."

Hearing Nikolai's last statement, Warner says to him, "If that is true, then we are her double-barrel shotgun." Turning to Sarah now, he says, "Lady Protector, you have the full might of the Pangong Army in your hands should you need it. Our men are fearless in the battlefield, no retreat, not even a single step backwards."

Congratulations. You are representing your nation with all the finesse of a teen trying to prove his conquests to his friends.

We should be discussing ways of preventing war, not how 'accomplished' we all are at.

"True. I should have thought before I said something that stupid. I was merely saying that I offer her the best men I have for any reason, even if it's just for getting her a cup of tea."

"Then you are also advocating a waste of manpower."

Kilik, unbeknown to the situation, hadn't realized the proposal and slowly stepped backwards, awkwardly, trying to take back the words dancing in the air. Without any grace or coordinate he fell upon himself attempting to find a seat... an embarrassing predicament indeed.

The Chairman would notice the man who fell and quietly walk to Kilik and quietly extended his gloved, albeit oddly shaped hands, "Careful there. The ground can be unfriendly when greeted the wrong way."

He then continued, listening to the bickering, "The best way to world peace I guess is straight through another rather petty argument?" He sighed and shook his head. "Ladies and Gentlemen, if I may.. the best way to find world peace is to simply be polite to each other and.. most importantly.. to work.. work very hard.. and to work together.. for some constructive purpose that alleviates global suffering." He tapped his jaw faintly.

"Does anyone have any practical ideals for a global project that would accomplish such a task. Don't think small. Think something akin to the Great Wall of China in its day.... I would just love to get our industry ripped into some grand international project that actually could prove productive."

The Chairman would notice the man who fell and quietly walk to Kilik and quietly extended his gloved, albeit oddly shaped hands, "Careful there. The ground can be unfriendly when greeted the wrong way."

He then continued, listening to the bickering, "The best way to world peace I guess is straight through another rather petty argument?" He sighed and shook his head. "Ladies and Gentlemen, if I may.. the best way to find world peace is to simply be polite to each other and.. most importantly.. to work.. work very hard.. and to work together.. for some constructive purpose that alleviates global suffering." He tapped his jaw faintly.

"Does anyone have any practical ideals for a global project that would accomplish such a task. Don't think small. Think something akin to the Great Wall of China in its day.... I would just love to get our industry ripped into some grand international project that actually could prove productive."

"Perhaps...as a way to alleviate overpopulation and hunger in many areas, we could research a way to colonize and utilize the oceans themselves. Without harming them past all repair, of course."

She glared at the few leaders that had shown even the slightest hostility to each other. Did they know that that their behavior was partially the reason that her dream seemed so far away, seeming so unreachable. Turning to Ishima for a moment, she raised her hand. "Please, Minister Ryu, now is not the time nor the place for comments. If the world has any chance of working together, we must be the role-models for them to follow."

Sarah sighed and turned to the Chairman. "Your Excellency, it would be a pipe dream at best. But we need to have a goal. We need to have a light to reach out for." Turning to all the leaders around her, many of whom had already bowed their heads in her direction and were seeming to promise her the world. "I should never have doubted any of you for a moment and I know that with your support, we can achieve at least the beginnings of peace and total friendship. I would imagine to start with, perhaps, Non-Aggression Pacts around the board and we'll keep upping the ante until we start disagreeing. Though I'm imagining that certain countries would rather avoid military binding pacts. Though economic ideas are sound I think."

""Non-aggression all around? I could bring that up with the Legislature. The Empire has no reason not to want it." He gave a slight yawn. "Someone invest in the cure for yawning already." He would chuckle. "Colonizing the oceans... I don't know if that would be practical.. or something we would want to do given the potential for ecological damage. It also complicates even further the neutrality of the oceans. There's a lot of arable land around the world that remains undeveloped a lot of desert that could be made arable.. a more practical project may involve identifying ways to improve the global aration ratios.. which would push towards eliminating global hunger."

"I don't think guns beget butter." He would say to the thoughts of military agreements.

"An all-round NAP? Something it sounds like you could use, Vortex," Davies said, deadpan. "Seriously, though, I personally don't have much of a problem with any of the nations represented here. Though I obviously disagree with certain policies of some of you, the disagreement is not nearly strong enough to make me wish for war. What would be the point?"

"Please, Minister Ishima, now is not the time nor the place for comments. If the world has any chance of working together, we must be the role-models for them to follow."

Sighing softly, he turned to face her.

"I apologize, for my conducts."

He then took a seat next to Albert.

'Still, I'll make sure that particular animal doesn't get near her....'

Sighing softly, he turned to face her.

"I apologize, for my conducts."

He then took a seat next to Albert.

'Still, I'll make sure that particular animal doesn't get near her....'

Tanzband smiled and nodded, taking another puff from the cigar.

He then looked down playfully at the sword on his belt and let out a small giggle.

Circumstances beyond his control had prevented him from arriving sooner, but Archer came nonetheless. He slipped into the room, nodding at a few selected individuals, before taking one of the vacant seats.

OOC: Sorry guys, my internet bottomed out on me, only just got it back.