In Our Darkest Hour...There You Were

Sarah Tintagyl

Catherine Reznov recieved Sarah's message. She was already in Brisbane, helping in humanitarian aid and caring for Hansa's citizens on the field. Reznov decided to put the people in the care of Yuktpbania's doctors and nurses before heading to the meeting room and being seated.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Chairman quietly arrived. He was oddly, wearing white for once.. usually his suits were black and drab, but not today. The white mixed oddly with his greyed, leathery skin. A gold necklace hung quietly around his neck with a wooden cross upon the end of it. He had recently hurt his foot on his travels through Aisa when he tripped over a tree-trunk and sprained his ankle.. so it was in a cast and he was walking with the assistance of a small cane.

Accompanying him was Dr. Edmond Sinclair, the General of the Dragonisian Salvation Army, which had arrived only a few days ago to begin the treatment of the Hansea people. As they were walking up their dialogue could somewhat be overheard, "You really should take better care of yourself. Then again, I don't have talons where toenails were so I guess I can understand tripping up ever once in a while."

The Chairman chuckled, "Trust me friend this is not the only peculiarity I have to deal with on a regular basis. I'm suprised I missed the root of that tree myself given how acute my senses have become, but never the less I went face first into the mud. Damn the monsoons. The rain is great.. but the mud makes things an absolute mess."

"I kind of like the weather up here this time of year. Much dryer.. a little cooler. Much more tolerable. I miss home though." Then they'd noticed they'd found the spot and they almost simultaneously spoke their greetings.

"Ahem.." The Chairman would say.. "Good day everyone." He would direct at no one in particular as they came to stand within proximity of the gathered group of leaders.

OOC: I guess some of you missed the fact that the meeting was outside, not completely formal and indoors... ;)

How could decline the thanks Sarah, of Hansa? Generalissimo was there long before the meeting started, even if it wasn't necessary.

Attired in his finest paramilitary uniform of indeterminate rank (with accompanying Castro hat and trademark cigar) Generalissimo

lurked in the back, trying to avoid excessive attention.

IC: Davies spotted the curious little man who seemed to be trying to avoid drawing attention to himself. Noting the trademark uniform, hat, and cigar, he made the obvious conclusion that this must be Generalissimo.

Pushing off from the bench, he approached the man cautiously.

"Hello. I don't believe we've met. I am General Westly Davies." With a smile, he held out a hand to Generalissimo.

The Chairman quietly arrived. He was oddly, wearing white for once.. usually his suits were black and drab, but not today. The white mixed oddly with his greyed, leathery skin. A gold necklace hung quietly around his neck with a wooden cross upon the end of it. He had recently hurt his foot on his travels through Aisa when he tripped over a tree-trunk and sprained his ankle.. so it was in a cast and he was walking with the assistance of a small cane.

Accompanying him was Dr. Edmond Sinclair, the General of the Dragonisian Salvation Army, which had arrived only a few days ago to begin the treatment of the Hansea people. As they were walking up their dialogue could somewhat be overheard, "You really should take better care of yourself. Then again, I don't have talons where toenails were so I guess I can understand tripping up ever once in a while."

The Chairman chuckled, "Trust me friend this is not the only peculiarity I have to deal with on a regular basis. I'm suprised I missed the root of that tree myself given how acute my senses have become, but never the less I went face first into the mud. Damn the monsoons. The rain is great.. but the mud makes things an absolute mess."

"I kind of like the weather up here this time of year. Much dryer.. a little cooler. Much more tolerable. I miss home though." Then they'd noticed they'd found the spot and they almost simultaneously spoke their greetings.

"Ahem.." The Chairman would say.. "Good day everyone." He would direct at no one in particular as they came to stand within proximity of the gathered group of leaders.

General Davies noted his arrival. He had to remind himself not to stare; he'd never seen the Chairman before.

Davies spotted the curious little man who seemed to be trying to avoid drawing attention to himself. Noting the trademark uniform, hat, and cigar, he made the obvious conclusion that this must be Generalissimo.

Pushing off from the bench, he approached the man cautiously.

"Hello. I don't believe we've met. I am General Westly Davies." With a smile, he held out a hand to Generalissimo.

General Davies noted his arrival. He had to remind himself not to stare; he'd never seen the Chairman before.

Generalissimo would have kept to himself, moping over what happened to Brisbane and his inability to do anything about it. The newcomer, however, presented an opportunity for one his favorite pastimes. . . self-introduction.

Without hesitation Generalissimo enthusiastically gripped the stranger’s outreached hand. “General Davies was it? A pleasure to make your acquaintance - I am Generalissimo, Generalissimo of Procinctia!!! I have traveled from the Saint Paul City Wasteland to receive recognition from the honourable Lady Protector Tintagyl for service to the great Hanseatic Commonwealth.

Edited by Generalissimo

OOC: heh heh, nice... :awesome:

IC: Davies was not at all put off by the man's enthusiastic handshake and self-introduction. He'd heard much about Generalissimo's personality.

"Generalissimo, eh? With that cigar and hat, I thought it was you, but I couldn't be sure. I'm glad to meet you too."

He glanced around, then lowered his voice. "By the way, where do you happen to get those cigars? I'd like to get some myself..." he winked as he spoke, but he was not joking when he said he was looking to obtain some cigars...

Davies was not at all put off by the man's enthusiastic handshake and self-introduction. He'd heard much about Generalissimo's personality.

He glanced around, then lowered his voice. "By the way, where do you happen to get those cigars? I'd like to get some myself..." he winked as he spoke, but he was not joking when he said he was looking to obtain some cigars...

Generalissimo leaned forward, and replied in a conspiring whisper.

“Saint George '08 the best, and last vintage of Procinctian tobacco.

Hard to come by these days, I own five of the twelve remaining boxes.”

Edited by Generalissimo

Feyd didn't watch anyone. Instead he watched everyone, and with an almost perpetual grin on his face like he was having the time of his life watching everyone do their diplomatic waltz. All the guards of the others watching everyone like he was, but taking no enjoyment out of it. He thought it a pity for them. They must be terribly boring people. Feyd himself never brought guards with him. He was known in the Arena as a fighter, and was nearing 100 victories soon. His uncle was quite proud back home in Port Kurast. Of course he always held out the prospect that the 100th victory might come outside of the arena and always seemed to have some types of blades on his person. Concealed around in unexpected places, which were quite obvious when you thought about it.

Then there was the matter at hand. It hadn't started yet, but that was fine. There was far to much entertainment for the main event to take the stage. He only wished he could be close to all the private converstaions at once. To hear how deep some of these intrigues went. In time, he supposed, he'd learn them all. For his first diplomatic mission outside of the Republic this was shaping up to be quite fun.

Edited by Tahsir Re

Generalissimo leaned forward, and replied in a conspiring whisper.

"Saint George 08' the best, and last vintage of Procinctian tobacco.

Hard to come by these days, I own five of the twelve remaining boxes."

Continuing to whisper, Davies spoke again. "Do you have any idea who owns the others? If not, how much would you be willing to take to part with one box?"

Continuing to whisper, Davies spoke again. "Do you have any idea who owns the others? If not, how much would you be willing to take to part with one box?"
“The market value is believed to exceed $100,000 a box.

Don’t think there’s any price you can pay, it’s a national treasure.”

Reaching into the pocket of his jacket Generalissimo hands Davies a small box, “I’m not selling, but between us connoisseurs, it’s authentic,”

Don’t spread this around, but I don’t actually smoke anymore, the cigar’s just for show these days.”

Edited by Generalissimo

"The market value is believed to exceed $100,000 a box.

Don't think there's any price you can pay, it's a national treasure."

Reaching into the pocket of his jacket Generalissimo hands Davies a small box, "I'm not selling, but between us connoisseurs, it's authentic,"

Don't spread this around, but I don't actually smoke anymore, the cigar's just for show these days."

Davies nodded. "Your secret's safe with me. Thank you." He took the small box and placed in the pocket of the shirt portion of his uniform.

The Dragonisian Surgeon General of the DSA, Dr. Sinclair snorted, "Great.. a gift of poison."

"Now I know why you're not a diplomat." Maelstrom chuckled.

"Hey, there's a reason smoking is outlawed back home." Dr. Sinclair rebutted.

Davies glared. "I don't smoke often, thank you very much. When you're told that you're likely to develop lung cancer no matter what you do, does it really matter if you smoke?"

Dr. Sinclair noted, "No, sorry to hear that, I guess not. I just wouldn't be encouraging my own end regardless."

Maelstrom chuckled, "Don't mind Dr. Sinclair.. he doesn't believe in having fun. Why.. if he had any word in it.. I'd likely be a rotting corpse. He still thinks I should not have asked Dr. Karnell to play god with my body."

The Surgen General sighed, "I'm not your judge."

Maelstrom snipped, "No, you aren't.. nor are you his.. now ease off."

Sinclair quieted.

The turn out had been greater than she had expected, nearly everyone who had offered their condolences, nearly everyone who had sent aid to her people, the leaders were now in front of her. Ready to listen and ready to hear her side of what the past month had brought to her people, and to the world at large.

Sarah cleared her throat, stood up from the bench and looked at the leaders and representatives that had gathered around her.

"Excellencies." She bowed. "I want to start off first by thanking you for coming here, but I don't think words alone can really describe the meaning of our meeting. The Hanseatic Republic and now the Commonwealth has had a history of suffering. We were a people scattered from our homes due to German retribution for our service in the Gebiv War, there we made our famed exodus here, to Brisbane. Now once again, my people and I have faced a horrible tragedy, created by the mad desires of a man who is now dead. While you may not consider it, I personally feel, and my countrymen feel that we have been victorious over tyranny and even though we have been beaten down. I swear to you my friends, that the Commonwealth will long endure after my death and our deaths."

With tears forming in her eyes, she pulled out a handkerchief and wiped her eyes quickly and cleared her throat once more. "If it were not for you, Your Excellencies seated in front of me now, there is no telling the amount of damage that would have been done to this nation and to this city and for that I am eternally in your debt. What has transpired in the past months has been a world-wide revolution and for the first time in a long time we now have, a single empire in the world that is leading the push for a stable Asia." She gestured to the Chairman of the Dragon Empire. "In Europe, Lord Tanzband has begun various conferences to return Europa to its diverse past. Lord LeVentNoir continues to be a voice of the Pacific and for all of you I could continue on saying how great we have each made the world thanks to our individualism and our dedication to our states."

"When I began the White Cross, years ago I started it as a way to bring people together for a common good, a common goal. To help others, to help humanity realize the cost of death, and the rewards of life. I believe that that goal has been accomplished. Now I ask Your Excellencies opinion on another venture I would like to bring up. Many of you who are seated here are indeed the movers and shakers of Planet Earth and without you the world could easily fall into anarchy. I have seen first hand the strength of what your nations can do when they work together. But what if we were to work together all of the time?"

"I am not proposing any such unified empire or nation, but I am proposing that our friendships should not end after Brisbane is restored. There are economic rewards to be sought out if we become close, there are promises of defense from the anarchic waves that ever threaten our world. We have the chance to really create a true peace Ladies and Gentlemen. We who are gathered here today understand that, or you would not have sent help. You hate to see humanity suffer as much as I do. Then let us when the suffering now. Your thoughts?"

While slightly buzzed, Warner got the message. He attempted to stand, and as he fell back over, one of the two soldiers helped him up. "Well, I do have to say, this is the very first time I've ever heard anyone tell me that without Pangong, the world will fall into anarchy. With that said, whatever comes up I'll agree to, other than, quite obviously, a merger."

Davies covered his quiet cough with his hand as he listened to Sarah's words. "What sort of ties are you proposing, M'lady?" He wasn't sure what prompted him to use the term M'lady, but it seemed somehow fitting. She was, after all, the single most respected and looked-up-to person on the entire planet.

"Some sort of economic union? A defense pact?"

Davies covered his quiet cough with his hand as he listened to Sarah's words. "What sort of ties are you proposing, M'lady?" He wasn't sure what prompted him to use the term M'lady, but it seemed somehow fitting. She was, after all, the single most respected and looked-up-to person on the entire planet.

"Some sort of economic union? A defense pact?"

"All valid ideas. At the very least a friendship pact or something of the sort. I would be willing to sign at least economic arrangements with all of you here. But I mean a defense pact if it could be imagined, would be more than anything I could hope for. But I don't want to try countries down either, nor isolate myself diplomatically. If economics are the best we could do, it would be more than welcome."

Madame Unicorn looks at all the leaders and dignitaries standing with her. These were people, who, like herself, cared about The Lady Protector and wanted to see Brisbane, and the Hanseatic Commonwealth restored to its former glory. She smiled and looked down at her feet, before looking at Sarah.

"It's a good idea, and as long as you're not proposing a merger, then I'm all for whatever ideas people have."

Madame Unicorn looks at all the leaders and dignitaries standing with her. These were people, who, like herself, cared about The Lady Protector and wanted to see Brisbane, and the Hanseatic Commonwealth restored to its former glory. She smiled and looked down at her feet, before looking at Sarah.

"It's a good idea, and as long as you're not proposing a merger, then I'm all for whatever ideas people have."

"I can't stress enough that this will not be a merger."

Tanzband lifted the cigar from his mouth and raised it as if he were about to make a toast.

"It is an interesting proposition...interesting indeed."

He walked toward the Lady Tintagyl slowly and with perfect pomp and posture. He extended his free hand to Sarah while slowly bowing to a single knee.

"Your method and ability are unparalleled. For you Lady Tintagyl, the world bows. For you Lady Tintagyl, I will do anything to even attempt to assist you in accomplishing your goals. You have my heart, you have my sword, and you have my life."

Davies raised his eyebrows as Tanzband bent in front of Sarah.

"Well...you know the Commonwealth can always depend on Promised Land no matter the circumstances. As we are already tied by multiple treaties (OOC: The Australasian Coalition and Pax Pacifica), anything we sign with you would be redundant, except for, perhaps, a strong economic agreement. Which I see absolutely no problem with."