A Question

Il Terra Di Agea

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crud! 6 pages already? we were on the THIRD page when I left this three hours ago...

That's just text. I made 3D ships with guns and everything.

I have a ship so large, that it has guns that fire house-sized bullets. :awesome:

Projectile weapons wouldn;t be very efficient in space...sure, kinetic impacts would cause damage, but they would throw your ships off course... :( unless, of course, they are propelled like missiles...with their OWN fuel...

Sounds definetely interesting, ITDI.

Lcukily, I can just reuse the ships I've made ofr other RPs, other than resizing them a bit, lol.

You people don't mind if I use starwars ships for this, myes?

Cool. I might go Vong on ya in that case... ;)

An Extended Universe reference.

Or Covenant one?

ooo, nice.

Signed up...

Me too :awesome:

Quick question, if we have an RP reason for it, can we have two separate, albeit very similar, sentiate species for our two habitable planets?

Or perhaps even two sentient races on the SAME planet? :awesome:

Oh, I have a suggestion...planetary defenses and orbital instalations could be the equivalent of missile defenses and SDI's.

Speaking of which...what would nukes translate into? Massive hydrogen bombs?

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Me too :awesome:

Quick question, if we have an RP reason for it, can we have two separate, albeit very similar, sentiate species for our two habitable planets?

Yah, of course. I would expect a certain amount of species mixing by whatever point in the future we are in, so you can have as many as you want (Within reason)

Or perhaps even two sentient races on the SAME planet? :awesome:

Oh, I have a suggestion...planetary defenses and orbital instalations could be the equivalent of missile defenses and SDI's.

Speaking of which...what would nukes translate into? Massive hydrogen bombs?

I like both of those, but maybe nukes could translate into some sort of ammunition for some planet destroying super gun?

Let me think for a bit

Something like perhaps sending an asteroid large enough to kill off most life, but not actually destroy the planet? Perhaps THAT would be a nuke... :D

Something along the lines of a gravity distorter that would pull said asteroids into an orbit capable of doing that?

Now, how to get from planet to planet? Shall we use something like warp-travel (perhaps ludicrous speed?), toss in a bit of reality with black hole technology, or make something completly different?

Whichever way it goes, I would undergo construction of one giant ship (as my flag ship), like a "space blimp" (I've always had a thing for oval-like space ships). Not as large as your guy's flag ships, but still big & (hopefully) a carrier for cruisers. But if the rules in the end need me to have an IG=navy, then I'll drop it.

Edited by JerreyRough

I was thinking of joining this but after reading the rules for it I find them too limiting due to it being related to CN. CN limitations for nation RP is fine but inter planetary it doesnt work. Needing tanks for atmospheric craft doesnt make any sense as any space based empire would have thousands of them before even getting near to a space fleet, the aircraft and navy limitations also are too restricting in my opinion as if you have an empire that spans solar systems you would have a sizable navy to go with it.

I was thinking of joining this but after reading the rules for it I find them too limiting due to it being related to CN. CN limitations for nation RP is fine but inter planetary it doesnt work. Needing tanks for atmospheric craft doesnt make any sense as any space based empire would have thousands of them before even getting near to a space fleet, the aircraft and navy limitations also are too restricting in my opinion as if you have an empire that spans solar systems you would have a sizable navy to go with it.

While I respect your opinion I must remind you that rules are still being discussed (I think) and we haven't even gotten to multipliers yet, so I'd wait to see what happens in the near future.

On that note, considering the nature of this RP I think both tanks and aircraft should have multipliers. Maybe both by 10?

While I respect your opinion I must remind you that rules are still being discussed (I think) and we haven't even gotten to multipliers yet, so I'd wait to see what happens in the near future.

On that note, considering the nature of this RP I think both tanks and aircraft should have multipliers. Maybe both by 10?

I think I might join up just I can't see how you are going to keep it fair to be honest. Anyone with no IG navy will be trashed, badly, by anyone with a Navy in the space RP which is quite unbalanced.

I think I might join up just I can't see how you are going to keep it fair to be honest. Anyone with no IG navy will be trashed, badly, by anyone with a Navy in the space RP which is quite unbalanced.

That's kind of what we were discussing here and I agree that should be balanced, and I have faith it will be. I know improvements will be a bigger factor.

That's kind of what we were discussing here and I agree that should be balanced, and I have faith it will be. I know improvements will be a bigger factor.

As will RP. You won't be able to go "LOL bigger, better tech, I win."

P.S. i've made my suggestions for multpliers on the Space forum...