Best Alliance Boards

Mr Jones McDo

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Liquor Cabinet :D skinwise, Polaris for content and huge amount of forums :P

It's the same skin I used on the Polar forum when I hosted it :P

The Polar forum is the best alliance forum that's ever existed. It's not quite as awesome as when I ran it because they're on the SMF failboat now (I HATE SMF) but content-wise there's no one even close. ODN's forum looks pretty nice and they have a good OOC section (Pingu's Pub). As far as gadgetry and forum integration goes, I've always been impressed with NPO, even though I abhor the skin. Koona's done some clever things besides stealing databases.

It depends what you mean by boards. I'd vote TOP based on forum skin but the content of the boards, I'm not so sure about as I don't spend much time on other alliance forums.

Come check out our skin: www.ordoparadox.com

your only good cause you have hearts of iron :P

Vals, RoKs,IAAs, NpO, NPO, TOP, MK are all in the running for best i would say also whats MKs i have never been on there site.

It depends what you mean by boards. I'd vote TOP based on forum skin but the content of the boards, I'm not so sure about as I don't spend much time on other alliance forums.

Come check out our skin: www.ordoparadox.com

TOP definitely ranks pretty highly for their forum skin.

For content, though, Polar and Fark take the cake. Of course I've only heard legends and second-hand reports of the inner depths of Fark's HQ, but what I have heard is nothing but greatness. I'm not particularly fond of the way either of them look, though.

I like the look/feel/layout/activity of the TOP boards best. However, I also love the MK boards community/discussion.

Meh, guess I'll just put them as a tie because I can't choose without betraying my alliance(jk) or appearing homerish.

Edit: And I like the Polar arcade as well. :( Too many good forums to choose just one. The good ones are pretty unique though.

Edited by President Obama

Fark come out strong first from the forums i frequent (which doesn't include MK) in terms of community. They're not so great looking as some others though. I actually like VE's current forums but maybe that's just familiarity... I'm not a big fan of white text on black so while I appreciate the classy art of the TOP forums I'm not a big fan.

I'm biased so I'll say that TOP's are the best, followed by Valhalla. I just went to MK's and maybe I'm missing something since I'm not masked as a diplomat or something? It seemed like a normal SMF skin. I'll take your word on it that the content is great. :P

I personally loved Gairyuki's banner on the Nueva Vida boards, in fact, I made a thread on it in their spam section recently. I also though MK's boards were decent, back when I was MCXA's diplomat to MK, and I rather liked how everything on the MCXA board was so functional and well-laid out (although perhaps that was merely due to familiarity.) In terms of content though, someone in NPO is an excellent writer, the descriptions of various forums and the original front were rather well done.

I'm biased so I'll say that TOP's are the best, followed by Valhalla. I just went to MK's and maybe I'm missing something since I'm not masked as a diplomat or something? It seemed like a normal SMF skin. I'll take your word on it that the content is great. :P

It's literally all about the content. The skin ain't all that pretty, because bros will break it somehow if it is :P

I think SLCB's is definitely the best but I also think MK has nice boards because I'm trying to portray myself as modest, even though I have never been on them.

SLCB haz pr0n... liek the good kind... so we win.