The First of Its Kind

hawk11

100,000 (new but being replaced) rifles free of charge along with a trillion bullets.

OOC: Excuse me but...What?

10,000,000 bullets PER RIFLE?

1,000,000,000,000 bullets in TOTAL?

Ahahahaha. Aaaahahaha, oh wow. Sumeragi, you amaze me.

Geez. Talk about not getting your numbers right.

-23 Minutes Earlier-

The tunnel ran under an old fuel refinery; it was built to withstand a lot of damage. Lieutenant General Li was banking on that fact when he planted his explosive charges. He did not want to bring down the entire refinery, but he did not want the prime minister to get out alive. In the three days he concocted his plan, he was not able to procure any long-range detonated charges or any soldiers. He was alone. He was one man against maybe thirty, but he liked his odds. The explosives he obtained were weak, but strong enough to destroy vehicles. He only had five. He needed to make each one count; he set a few microphones up along with a crude detection system to determine the motorcade's position.

He'd have preferred cameras, but he didn't have the time, nor could he take any money from his account because he feared he was being monitored. The microphones were cheap and crudely connected to three speakers. There were two explosives set up near the first two microphones, and one on the third. They were each set to detonate on their own detonators. To help the effectiveness of his trap, a small roadblock of two military trucks were set up. He was not sure of their current status since he had been held up in a service tunnel for 16 hours, but he had not heard any traffic since he arrived. His informant told him that the motorcade would be passing through the industrial complex to reach an interdistrict highway, and he had even called to tell him he was late. The man had simply gone by "friend," but Li had his suspicions who he was. Li had sent out a nondescript call-to-arms through his contacts, one of which was an internal affairs agent with high clearance. Odds are he had been betrayed, but he didn't care. All that mattered was this one shot, and he'd focus on the consequences later. The prime minister had to die.

The plan was to detonate the charges as the motorcade passed. Protocol on executive motorcade ambushes dictates fleeing first; Li was banking on them running into the roadblock. He placed the second set of charges where he predicted the motorcade would stop. If fleeing by vehicle was not an option, protocol dictates the executive be extracted on foot to a safe location. The final charge would be the coup de'gras; it was set in the closest emergency stairwell doorway. Once all charges had been detonated, the general planned on sweeping the area himself primarily to find a corpse. This plan had so many ways it could go wrong; yet, it was his best shot at assassinating him alone.

Sixteen long hours passed before Li heard the prime minister's motorcade rolling through the tunnel. He braced himself for the task ahead, and the first wire on the detection system was tripped. Lieutenant General Li hit the first detonator.

Edited by hawk_11

OOC: Excuse me but...What?

10,000,000 bullets PER RIFLE?

1,000,000,000,000 bullets in TOTAL?

Ahahahaha. Aaaahahaha, oh wow. Sumeragi, you amaze me.

Geez. Talk about not getting your numbers right.

OOC: Yes, it was supposed to be billion >_<

• 2 weeks later...

The first car in the prime minister's motorcade was directly ontop of the first mine as the detonator was hit. The bomb detonated, ripping the cabin of the sedan to shreds. The resulting inferno engulfed all four passengers in the car.

"Holy !@#$!" The prime minister's chief of staff threw his hands over his head as the car picked up speed. The motorcade veered around the wreck of the first car and accelerated down the tunnel. Including the prime minister's limo, there were only four cars in the motorcade when the journey started. Now there were three.

"What the $%&@ was that!?" The prime minister didn't have time to react before the guard next to him threw the prime minister to the floor of the limo and shielded him.

"Stay down!"

"I don't know," the chief of staff replied. "Something just exploded!" A second detonation rocked the limo and veered it off course. This explosion caused minimal damage to the motorcade as it occured between the new lead car and the limo. Shrapnel punctured the passenger-side front tire; however, the run-flat tires enabled the limo to continue on. The motorcade picked up speed. For a time, the prime minister imagined they were in the clear, but the illusion was shattered when the limo came to a screeching halt. The motorcade hit the truck roadblock.

"What the hell?" The driver's radio blared. "EL, back up so we can get out, we've got a roadbl-" A third explosion rocked the tunnel. The lead car was sitting partially on top of the third explosive, and the subsequent blast flipped it backwards onto its roof. All of the windows shattered as the sedan went belly-up.

"Go through it," the rear car driver yelled over the radio.

"Hell no! Those things are probably rigged to explode next!" The driver shouted. "Turn it around!" The driver shifted the limo into reverse and attempted to turn around. Suddenly the prime minister couldn't hear anything. The limo was thrown violently into the wall of the tunnel. The driver's neck was snapped as the acceleration of the initial manuever was multipled by an explosion directly in front of them and slammed the rear of the limo into the back wall. The guard was thrown off of the prime minister and into the backseat. The chief-of-staff, who was still buckled in, was knocked unconcious. The prime minister slammed violently into the bottom of the seat, but was relatively unharmed.

The prime minister sat dazed in the back of the limo. His ears were ringing. He could hear faint voices and crackling static in front of him. Suddenly the window on his left was smashed, and the door was opened. The guards from the rear car had come to his aid.

"He's alive!" The closest man thrust himself into the car and pulled the prime minister out of the car. He immediately collapsed under his own weight when they tried to stand him up. Two soldiers supported him, one under each arm."Sir! Can you hear me, sir!?" The prime minister was beginning to come around.

"...Yes, I can." The prime minister remembered the gravity of the situation as the feeling returned to his legs. "I can stand now. Let go." Both of the guards let him go, and the prime minister stumbled forward, but recovered. He felt around for his hip holster as the two guards grabbed ahold of his shoulders.

"We've got him!" The two guards led the minister away from the mangled limo. "We have one KIA and two unconcious in the wreck!"

"Good," another guard yelled back. "Protocol two!" Protocol two was a classification code for the current situation. It advised that prime minister was top priority; however, wounded and VIPs needed to be protected. The situation called for the squad of four to split in half, two guarding the prime minister while two remained with the wrecks.

"Roger! Mr. Minister, follow us!" The guards broke ahead towards an emergency stairwell. "We'll go first and clear!" One of the guards kicked open the stairwell door.

---

General Li heard the door be kicked open. The final explosive. He held his breath as he counted "one-half" and pushed the detonator. Over his crudely-rigged microphone he could hear the explosion and subsequent calamity. A man screamed loudly afterwards.

"Oh my God! Oh my God!" General Li insinctively knew this wasn't the prime minister. "Oh my God! My leg! Aaaah my leg!" A new voice came on the speaker.

"Hold still, I'm getting you out of here!"

"Oh my God! Aaaah! Make it stop!" General Li heard enough. He picked up his pistol and made his way to the door of the service tunnel.

Edited by hawk_11

"Roger! Mr. Minister, follow us!" The guards broke ahead towards an emergency stairwell. "We'll go first and clear!" One of the guards kicked open the stairwell door. The door slammed against the wall with a loud CLANG! The first guard shuffled through the doorway with his assault rifle raised and at the ready; the second guard was following about two steps behind. The prime minister, still slightly dazed from the situation, allowed himself to commit the error of standing in the open doorway behind the second soldier.

BOOM! Another explosion rocked the tunnel. The second soldier was thrown backwards at the prime minister, and both men tumbled backwards and skidded to a halt on the asphalt. The prime minister was stupified by the blast. He laid on the pavement for a few seconds before trying to sit up, and grasped around his right thigh for his pistol holster. He couldn't find it. He sat up and took a look at the world around him. The soldier in front of him was dead. His body absorbed most, if not all of the shrapnel from bomb, and left him a skewered mess. He saw a man dressed in a military uniform approaching him, but he couldn't hear a word he was saying. He expected his death was imminent, and did nothing to resist.

---

BOOM! The squad leader turned and saw his man and the prime minister be thrown backwards from the stairwell. Suddenly, the minister stirred, and then he sat up. The son of a !@#$%* was still alive!

"No way!" The sergeant wasted no time, and rushed towards him. The minister stared lazily at him. It was apparent that no one was home. He examined the minister and found that he was surprisingly without a scratch. The fallen soldier, Private Wu Gai, absorbed what looked like a majority of the impact and shrapnel. His mangled corpse didn't even look like a shell of its former self, but there was no time to collect him. The sergeant tried to stand the minister up, but found that he could not stand on his own. "Hold still I'm getting you out of here!" The sergeant hefted the prime minister onto his feet and threw his arm over his shoulder. He beckoned for his last man to come to him, and the two moved into the stairwell.

"Oh my God! Aaaah! Make it stop!" The sergeant was greeted by the sight of one of his men lying face down on the stairwell floor.

"Holy !@#$! Liu! You're still alive!" The remaining soldier quickly went to his wounded friend. "Oh my God!" Liu's left leg was gone, and he had multiple puncture wounds. There was no way Liu was going to be able to be moved, and his survival was questionable at best.

"Stabilize him!" The sergeant barked the order with a mix of aggression and desperation. The soldier went to work unpacking his first-aid kit. "God damn it, move quicker!" The sergeant laid the prime minister gingerly against the wall, and went to work assisting the soldier. He began fixing a tourniquet above the stump that was once Liu's left leg. How the hell did he miss an explosive sitting on the floor? Did they not teach him anything about being alert in training? These questions would forever remain unanswered if they couldn't save him.

---

The prime minister rubbed his eyes. What the hell was going on? The last thing he clearly remembered was moving through the stairwell door, then nothing. Something clearly happened.

"Damn it! No exit wounds!"

"All we can do is stop the bleeding! Focus on stopping the bleeding!"

"He's lost conciousness!"

The prime minister looked around for the source of the voices. Two men were standing over what looked like a man and a puddle of blood.

"Keep dressing those wounds!" One man was grappling with a gauze roll while another was applying something to the man's legs. "We need to stop the bleeding!"

"It's no good, Sergeant," the second man responded as he finished dressing one of the wounds. He checked the man's pulse. "Weak pulse!"

"Damn it!" The sergeant finished applying the device to the man's leg and started rifling through the first-aid kit. "Where's the juice!?"

"They don't issue that to us anymore!"

"What!?"

"Pulse is gone!" The second man began performing chest compressions. "Beginning CPR!"

The prime minister tried to stand. The situation for that man was hopeless, unfortunately. He was not going to tell the men that, but he began mentally preparing to push forward. Pain shot through his leg. He grunted. The sergeant briefly glanced over his shoulder at him before resuming team CPR. The prime minister wasn't sure how serious his leg injury was, and he didn't plan on stopping to examine it. After six minutes of CPR, the two men seemed to give up, and the prime minister had managed to stand on his own power.

"Extraction will take care of the wounded. What's clear now is we can't go back," the prime minister said to the two men as they finished packing up their usable medical equipment.

"Cannot do that, sir," the sergeant replied. "There are still two men breathing and stable in that tunnel that need protection." The prime minister shook his head.

"They'll be fine." And just like that he dismissed it. In actuality, the prime minister was not sure. What was sure was that his own survival was paramount. Men have already died to protect him, and should he die, the nation would surely descend into anarchy. His ministers could be trusted not to overthrow the prime minister; however, they could not be trusted should he die. "What's important is getting out now."

"I'm not leaving them behind!" The sergeant yelled at the minister.

"Soldier, your supreme military commander, who you were given the mission to protect, is giving you a direct order!" The sergeant recoiled as if the gravity of the situation was transferred to him with that sentence.

"Yes, sir," he said.

"Trust me," the prime minister said as he made his way to the stairs. "They'll be fine."