Which alliance should I join?

EMGhb

I just made a nation this morning and I've already received a bunch of messages asking me to join people's guilds. How do you decide which one to join? What makes each alliance different? Judging by this forum it looks like there are a lot of them out there...

I just made a nation this morning and I've already received a bunch of messages asking me to join people's guilds. How do you decide which one to join? What makes each alliance different? Judging by this forum it looks like there are a lot of them out there...

You decide on which one to join by what you like and what you are going to do. If you are going to be an active member join an alliance who will appreciate that with a little aid. If you are going to be away alot then join a small alliance. They will appreciate just your appearance to their alliance.

Things that makes alliances different are how they are set up. They can have different types of people, leaders and government form. You can be ruled by one person that takes control of everything(Those alliances will fail very shortly.) Also the way the alliance recruitment message is sent. If it seems a little robotic and like someone just copy and pasted someone old message that was on their forums you might just want to look for something where people are trying really hard with all their effort to recruit you.

Also there is alot of different alliances out there. Be careful which one you choose. I choose the best one I could ever have. If you want to feel the same way head on over to ikcn.org. We are a great group with plenty of support. We have great guides for you nation and much more. So if you want to try something great join IK.

There are many things that make alliances different.

For example each one runs by different government systems, some by dictatorships, some by democracy like ODN where every vote from each member really does count.

PS.You should join ODN, not only because its generally awesome, but we also have some pretty awesome growth programs as well.

yeah A lot of alliances have diffrent styles as the ODN dude said and as for the "lot of alliances out there" that's a real understatement. There are tons of them. From almost seven hundred members down to five friends who like to hang out. Larger alliances typically can let you have more power and a less tight-knit community while alliances with lower member counts aren't very powerful but has more tighty-knit communities. And in case this is a help wanted advertisement you should totally join the Keepers of the Covenant if you would like the smaller community feel and a higher chance of getting into the government. We are also protected by LoSS. :awesome:. Oh and also about the color guilds most of them have a primary color. In KoTC it is recommended that you switch to purple but we also have quite a few blue and aqua members.

Edited by Z3000

I think NPO was the only alliance to actually take complete control of a color sphere. Each alliance does not take over a color sphere. Most alliances are democratic or if they are dictatorship either take suggestions or get couped. But still most alliances are democratic I know mine is

edit: Me grammer good good

Edited by Z3000

Is there an easy way to find out which guilds are governed by a democracy?

Yeah, most, if not all alliances have what is known as a Charter, it's their governing law and founding document. If you take a read through the Charter of any alliance you should get a good idea of how the alliance is structured and what kind of a government type it has.

Also, most if not all alliances are at least partially democratic.

Yeah, most, if not all alliances have what is known as a Charter, it's their governing law and founding document. If you take a read through the Charter of any alliance you should get a good idea of how the alliance is structured and what kind of a government type it has.

Also, most if not all alliances are at least partially democratic.

to add to the charter thing the charter tells you the government, elections, forums, raiding policy (raiding is a way for people to get free tech from unaligned nations), organization and much more. :awesome:

Edited by Z3000

Is there an easy way to find out which guilds are governed by a democracy?

Most alliances with have their charter available for viewing in the public side of their forums...

as for finding one that matches your style, check the alliance announcements section of this forum and you can get an idea what the personality of the alliances are like and which ones are respected...you also want to ask the alliance if it is at war before you join...once you're in during war, you're in for the ride in most cases

I like the New Polar Order www.newpolarorder.net .....we're not a democracy as we only vote on the lower government but all members have a right to speak their opinion to the Emperor....we are a 50-50 of diplomacy and war in my opinion

If you want a neutral alliance that doesn't fight or get involved in the political fight, try the Green Protection Agency

We have starwars themed (New Sith Order), religious themed (Coalition of Christian Countries), booze themed (the Liquor Cabinet) and even macho fighting tiger themed (Siberian Tiger Alliance)

The important thing to understand is that you can change if you find your first choice doesn't work for you, but be aware if your alliance is at war you are usually expected to stick it out until the end of the war.

pm me if you have any questions, you don't have to join my alliance at all, the advice is free

Hello my friend! My name is michigans_own and The Kingdom of Poland NEEDS you!

I am sure that your inbox is full of these types of offers but I am here to tell you how my offer is different. The Kingdom of Poland is a newly-formed alliance that is small but growing.

Due to our small memberbase, every voice within the alliance will have the chance to be heard. The opportunities for promotion and growth within TKP are seemingly endless unlike in some of the larger alliances where smaller nations tend to get lost in the shuffle.

We offer $2 Million in sign-on aid (payable once you are an active and faithful member), a comprehensive training program to teach you how to build and maintain your nation, as well as help finding trades and setting up technology deals.

If This offer sounds too good to pass up or if you just wish to find out a bit more about our alliance, please sign up at our forums here: http://z3.invisionfree.com/Kingdom_of_Pola...dex.php?act=idx

There are tons of Alliances. If you want to grow your nation I'd reccomend a bigger alliance, but if you want to get into leadership right away I'd reccomend a smaller one. And if you want to join my alliance, the order of light, then sign up at http://www.theorderoflight.com/. We're a democratic one. All of our leaders are voted in.

Edited by Alex11

As said before, most, if not all alliances have some sort of Democracy in their government.

The Democratic Order of Anarchy even has the word Democratic in their name :P

The DOA is a small alliance in the middle of elections right now. Alex11 is right when he (she?) says that a bigger alliance gives out aid to help your nation grow, but there are some smaller alliances that do that to, my alliance included. Besides that, I'm not going to try to recruit you like everyone else, for you probably already have a good idea of where you're going to go. I would like to wish you good luck wherever you go, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

also some alliances offer start up aid and tech deals (which make about the same amount of money by the way) and some don't because there aren't any nations with huge warchests. I know Johnwaker ( our techâ„¢ minster) can set you up with deals that make you almost 3mil$$$$$$$$. :ehm::ehm:

You should join the Soviet Union. We are a grey team and neutral allaicne that can help you build your nation up quickly while offering protection from rouge nations and other threats that might come your way. We are a tightnet community that works together in common cause.

http://s3.invisionfree.com/Soviet_Union_Forums/

It really depends what you're looking for. You can get an idea about how diverse and numerous the alliances are by reading the wiki section:

http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Alliances

A smaller alliance will welcome you readily(they are hungry for new members of any size) and allow you get into a government position faster. They are tighter knit and generally have better communication among members. A large alliance will protect you better and maybe give you aid.

Some alliances are aggressive and warlike, others are peaceful. Some alliances allow you to raid non-aligned countries for fun and profit. Use the search function and see which alliances are currently fighting wars. Also many alliances have mutual defense pacts with other alliances, and you can find yourself dragged into a war for reasons you don't understand.

If you want a peaceful alliance I would recommend my own: World Task Force

We are one of the bigger peaceful alliances. Green Protection Agency and The Democratic Order are also large neutral alliances.

Welcome to CN!!!!

I'd like to offer an invitation for you to join the Global League of Protectorates. We're small enough to care with 55 members but at the same time till big enough to help you out with generous aid packages ($3million just for joining + regular cash payments till you hit 2000 infra!) We take nations from all team colours and we'd love to have a new face on board. You will quickly learn some larger alliances just want you as an extra number to their tally. You get signed up and thrown to one side. Some tiny alliances with only a few members will love to have you on board but lack the finances or muscle to actually help you out.

GLOP's the man in the middle.

Come check us out at...

http://z9.invisionfree.com/GLOP