Massive Building of Buildings

MercyFallout

(OOC: For the record, my In-RP tech level is ~1750 thanks to tech sharing with Lavo.)

The Empire of Korea, having amassed a large fortune over the past few years due to widespread economic success of her industries and the noticeable lack of massive financial spending on any large scale, has decided to begin a change in course. By decree of the Empire and by generous ambitions by private companies (the largest of these being Samsung Group, LG Group, KORAIL, and H-D Group), Korea shall begin a large number of massive infrastructural projects that include a number of modern Sky Scraper buildings.

KTX_logo.png

To start it off, the Ministry of Transportation has announced the Korean Train eXpress (KTX) high speed bullet train system reaching from Chongjin to Hamhung to Wonsan to Pyongyang to Hansong to Daejeon to Mokpo and Busan. This high speed railway will have a maximum speed of 350 km/h and provide a much more economic and time saving alternative to the current conventional rail system and regional flights. To a new era of even faster travel across the Empire! All Aboard!

(Click image for a nice video. :P )

Korail_logo.png

In addition to supporting the Ministry of Transportation in the formation of KTX, Korea National Railroad (KORAIL) has had plans for the KORAIL Towers (final name pending) approved for building. This is the most ambitious of all of the major singular building projects in Korea and the final buildings are approved to be up to 620 meters in height. Work has begun already on the construction of the KORAIL Towers in Yongsan, Hansong. Below is an artists rendition of the design plans for the KORAIL Towers.

1112bj9.jpg

samsung%20logo%20tmb.gif

The next largest project is backed by the massive Samsung Group and is building in the port city of Busan. The Imperial Triple Towers is in and of itself an engineering marvel despite not being the largest of the planned buildings (it is to stand at 560 meters). A trio of towers will be built sharing a common base with the towers escalating in height. Below is an artists rendition of the design plans for the Imperial Triple Towers.

14-millenium-towers.jpg

LG%20logo.GIF

With yet another ambitious project, the LG Group has announced plans for the building of the Life's Good Tower in Pyongyang. Decking in at an impressive 555 meters in height, the Life's Good Tower is coming to be a beacon of light to a city that was once a very dark and lifeless place. Below is an artists rendition of the design plans for the Life's Good Tower.

998lotteworldtowertobecomeseoulstallest_pic1.jpg

16938202.png

Hyundai-Daewoo Group (H-D Group for short) has recently announced plans to modernize and finish the incomplete Ryugyong Hotel in Pyongyang. The building, which was slated to finish a long time ago, has since been abandoned and overrun. Below is a current picture of the Ryugyong Hotel. H-D group has stated in public that it will rename the building but has not stated what it will rename it to.

Pyongyang-feb-2009-crop-Ryugyong_Hotel.jpg

Edited by MercyFallout

OOC: I'll note that tech sharing is pretty much obsolete (as it was in its older form, the formula) as noted here. So, you can't really build anything that is post-modern, although you can get blueprints from advanced nations (ergo, RP getting them). But I think that applies to military stuff only, you can do whatever when it comes to cities and the suchlike keeping in mind your own nations' limit. What you're doing is totally overkill, but that's my opinion. :P

IC: We await to see how the massive project will turn out.

OOC: I'll note that tech sharing is pretty much obsolete (as it was in its older form, the formula) as noted here. So, you can't really build anything that is post-modern, although you can get blueprints from advanced nations (ergo, RP getting them). But I think that applies to military stuff only, you can do whatever when it comes to cities and the suchlike keeping in mind your own nations' limit. What you're doing is totally overkill, but that's my opinion. :P

IC: We await to see how the massive project will turn out.

OOC: So noted. Also, let it be noted that all of these projects (exception being the KORAIL tower) were started ~2000-~2005 at right around the same time. Besides, I do have a lot of national surplus. I haven't been doing ANYTHING development-wise or major funding wise in a while. :P

Edited by MercyFallout

The Empire is still developing an anti-nuclear weapon/inter-continental ballistic missile defense program (OOC: I don't have an SDI yet :P). However, a number of anti-cruise missile defensive points are set up across the nation which use a combination of guided short-range missiles and AA flak. Of course, these buildings are also designed to withstand a hit from a force as strong as a 747 jumbo jet ramming the building at significant speeds.

Since the Empire is also a peaceful nation that remains nominally neutral in almost all foreign affairs, we hope that there would be little need to test our defenses or the structural integrity of our buildings against heavy explosions and otherwise.

The Empire is still developing an anti-nuclear weapon/inter-continental ballistic missile defense program (OOC: I don't have an SDI yet :P ). However, a number of anti-cruise missile defensive points are set up across the nation which use a combination of guided short-range missiles and AA flak. Of course, these buildings are also designed to withstand a hit from a force as strong as a 747 jumbo jet ramming the building at significant speeds.

Since the Empire is also a peaceful nation that remains nominally neutral in almost all foreign affairs, we hope that there would be little need to test our defenses or the structural integrity of our buildings against heavy explosions and otherwise.

OOC: 911 reference, I see. :blush:

IC: Promised Land wishes Korea the best in these endeavors.

• 3 weeks later...