Nordheim Peace Conference

Sumeragi

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because we do not think that we would be given a fair trial.

I'd be fine with giving the weapons to Prussia.

I can assure you the trial will be fair.

We will allow the weapons to be stored in Prussia as soon as we know it's leadership is completely safe, meaning after the trial of their current leadership.

ooc: I was thinking we should handle this whole thing like the Nuremberg Trials. Hold it in the city where Nordland was first conceived with coalitions appointing several judges.

OOC: So far at least it's going on that the trails are going to be held in Hammerfest and Helsinki...

It seems we have a opinion clash between the bench trial and the jury trial. Shall we move it to elsewhere, and at least get this war over with?

OOC: Let's move discussions on trials to another thread.

It seems you believe you have a say in how the trials are conducted. I am not going to fight against fascism and then turn around and say they shall be judged by a single authoritarian. There shall be a jury.

We use a jury to decide their guilt, and the judge enacts the appropriate sentance.

Monika literally bangs her head on the table.

"Perhaps the Mariehamm Representative doesn't understand that I am not suggesting which trial system to use. All that I suggested is to not let some petty ideological nitpicking keep stalling the talks in general. Wcan discuss how the trials will be conducted AFTER we have peace."

Drinking some water, she thought, 'No wonder Nordland was so pissed off at Mariehamm. How anyone could stand the immature ranting of fascism when country itself has a head of state in form of the leader who once had the most authorative government in history? Let's hope he shuts up long enough for this conferene to end.'

Edited by Sumeragi

We accept, but how big will the DMZ be?

Also, now would be a good time to discuss where and how the trial will take place.

"You may let your leaders chose between the Helsinki and Hammerfest courthouses. The trials will be fair, guilt will be decided by jury, and a neutral judge will decide a sentence."

"I'll sign once that all has been agreed. Helsinki or Hammerfest both work for me. We request for the Judge and Jury to be citizens of a nation that did not take part in the war, for the sake of neutrality."

"How about three miles DMZ?"

Nations that had no part in the war have no part in the trial.