Nordheim Peace Conference

Sumeragi

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Martens family has had a considerable amount of political and military power throughout Nordland. The Slavorussian government believes that members of the martens family are directly responsible for several wars, which lead to dozens of crimes throughout Europe. If we're shown proof, during the trial, that members of the Martens family were little more than figureheads then they will be acquitted.

Why is the Martens family exempt? If they held any leadership or military position in Nordheim they shall be tried.

The DMZ must be take out of their land, we will not give an inch.

It has been known that the former Kaiser has not been a leader for a long time before the war, while the Kaiserin was incapitated due to her being pregnant.

The DMZ was proposed to establish mutual trust. If the TEC are against it, I still propose that the sensors be put into place on both sides.

It has been known that the former Kaiser has not been a leader for a long time before the war, while the Kaiserin was incapitated due to her being pregnant.

The DMZ was proposed to establish mutual trust. If the TEC are against it, I still propose that the sensors be put into place on both sides.

The DMZ can be created, but it will be made on Nordheim land. We will not relinquish an inch of territory.

The DMZ can be created, but it will be made on Nordheim land. We will not relinquish an inch of territory.

Is the Baron deaf enough to not get the sensor part? We are discussing putting sensors on both sides, a different issue from the DMZ.

OOC: It's what Israel and Egypt did. They put sensors in the Sinai as part of their peace treaty.

Of course that sensors are acceptable, as is the DMZ.

Martens had resigned from his position when the war broke out actually, and then moved on to serve as a Feldmarschall in the Reichswehr. Either way, he is no longer around. Magnhild was not in duty when this happened, as she was a little busy becoming a Mother...Visari had been left in charge.

Of course that sensors are acceptable, as is the DMZ.

Martens had resigned from his position when the war broke out actually, and then moved on to serve as a Feldmarschall in the Reichswehr. Either way, he is no longer around. Magnhild was not in duty when this happened, as she was a little busy becoming a Mother...Visari had been left in charge.

** Classified **

Remember, Martens, LeVentNoir, one time enemy long time admirer has offered you peace and security, all you have to do is accept it.

"Though parts of those terms seem fair in their basic form, we are agaisnt some of the specifics to them. We feel that Nordheim should disable, and disassemble their nuclear devices, as well as blue water navy to make sure they cannot mount any attack. We also feel that, regardless of their states, all of Nordheim's government during the Nordland Era should be put up for trail, unless they are literally unable to go. Other than that, the terms seem sound."

We too feel that all of the nuclear weapons should be dismantled. There really is no place for them in today's world. You don't get anywhere by wiping out civilian populations, you just become a reviled nation.

Why should one of the major forces behind the war be exempt? I would grant the exemption status to Magnhild due to her pregnancy, but I do think anyone else involved is fair game.

And seeing as the TEC is apparently disbanding, I do believe that the last two terms need some further work.

Remember, Martens, LeVentNoir, one time enemy long time admirer has offered you peace and security, all you have to do is accept it.

Transvaal also has an open offer of exile to Martens. Should he accept it, we would even be willing to give him a small enclave of autonomous territory to call his own (i.e. Napoleon at Elba).

We do not see why we should include more parties.

Is there any further thoughts?

There's still the need to put Nordheim's leaders on trial. Note that the trial and list of offenses go back to the early days of Nordland, therefore the Martens family are requested to turn themselves over for trial.

Transvaal also has an open offer of exile to Martens. Should he accept it, we would even be willing to give him a small enclave of autonomous territory to call his own (i.e. Napoleon at Elba).

ooc: I think KM is still rping Nordheim, it's just the character who needs to be put on trial.

ic: You might be bargaining for more than you can handle.

"Though parts of those terms seem fair in their basic form, we are agaisnt some of the specifics to them. We feel that Nordheim should disable, and disassemble their nuclear devices, as well as blue water navy to make sure they cannot mount any attack. We also feel that, regardless of their states, all of Nordheim's government during the Nordland Era should be put up for trail, unless they are literally unable to go. Other than that, the terms seem sound."
We too feel that all of the nuclear weapons should be dismantled. There really is no place for them in today's world. You don't get anywhere by wiping out civilian populations, you just become a reviled nation.

Why should one of the major forces behind the war be exempt? I would grant the exemption status to Magnhild due to her pregnancy, but I do think anyone else involved is fair game.

And seeing as the TEC is apparently disbanding, I do believe that the last two terms need some further work.

Both bring up excellent points. Nuclear weapons are not needed in the modern world. Most of the civilized nations have adopted policies where they will not fire first. Some of the only nations that have aggressively used nuclear weapons are the Nords. Why should they get to keep their weapons of mass destruction when they are clearly irresponsible?

Molakia will hunt martens to the ends of earth and beyond.

Martens would be safe in Transvaal because the ends of the earth just happens to be our border ;)

That said, but our government would keep Martens on a tigt leash - something Europe seems incapable to doing.

"Though parts of those terms seem fair in their basic form, we are agaisnt some of the specifics to them. We feel that Nordheim should disable, and disassemble their nuclear devices, as well as blue water navy to make sure they cannot mount any attack."
Both bring up excellent points. Nuclear weapons are not needed in the modern world. Most of the civilized nations have adopted policies where they will not fire first. Some of the only nations that have aggressively used nuclear weapons are the Nords. Why should they get to keep their weapons of mass destruction when they are clearly irresponsible?

Nordheim has not been a part of the nuclear holocaust which both German and the Netherlands started. Given the record of Nordheim beng an honorable fighter, I do not see why they should be required to decom their nuclear weapons.

If it is necessary, we'll have the Hanseatic Commonwealth keep the codes, since the TEC seems to have an irrational fear of "Nordic" nations.

Nordheim has not been a part of the nuclear holocaust which both German and the Netherlands started. Given the record of Nordheim beng an honorable fighter, I do not see why they should be required to decom their nuclear weapons.

If it is necessary, we'll have the Hanseatic Commonwealth keep the codes, since the TEC seems to have an irrational fear of "Nordic" nations.

We have every right to try and stop a nuclear Nordheim. We will not allow them to keep their nuclear weapons.

If they are so honorable, they should have no qualms to giving up their nuclear weapons, which are one of the most dishonorable ways to fight a war. They have threatened our civilians with these weapons, it is impossible to feel safe with a nuclear Nordheim.

Edited by BaronUberstein

Nordheim has not shone honor in their fights, or have you missed the several threats to use their Nuclear devices to stop anyone from implementing peace agreements. They broke off from Nordland and refused to surrender, and threatened use of Nuclear first strikes if anyone tried to enter their nation to continue the war or broker peace. Honor and Nordheim are about as equal as water and sewage.

We have every right to try and stop a nuclear Nordheim. We will not allow them to keep their nuclear weapons.

You have no right than to discuss terms with your saviors. Yes, you fought, but if it weren't for the intervention of the Coalition, would you have survived? No.

Now, have some common sense: Just because you believe yourselves to be so morally rightous does not mean the world at large is the same. Just as Slavorussia probably have nuclear weapons, so would Nordheim wish to ensure their safety.

This is the rational behind the giving of codes to either Prussia or Hansa: To keep Nordheim on a leash while also ensuring they feel safe from this heartless world.