What constitutes a good alliance?

zigbigadorlou

What are good attributes?  

312 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, if you don't get along, you aren't an alliance. You're a lie. So, yeah, comraderie is important. Heck, it and unity are more or less the same. I mean, unity requires communication, but comraderie IS communication, so...

I forget what I was saying. Why isn't beer a choice?

Forums are good. I don't actually go on our forums, but I think people like them in general (not ours, forums as a concept). IRC too, though I do wander in there from time to time, mostly to mock someone.

Lastly, I forgot the other options, but I guess activity and my glorious presence are both good. Heck, both are probably great. Also, I'd prefer an alliance have snacks. I don't think that was an option, but I'm done looking.

Lastly, I forgot the other options, but I guess activity and my glorious presence are both good. Heck, both are probably great. Also, I'd prefer an alliance have snacks. I don't think that was an option, but I'm done looking.

I know that when you visit my alliance forums it usually leaves cookies in your computer.

Having Forums

IRC activity

Comraderie

High Activity

Friendly Gov

Those are the choices from above I picked.

But basically it can be summed up in friendships and community. If you have ooc or even ic friendships and community within your alliance it will be successful.

Friendly government - The friendlier the government the longer I feel compelled to stay.

Activity - I don't mean like, As soon as you post a topic you get 10 replies, I just mean, at least 15% or more of the alliance is active.

Bacon - Obligatory bacon hail

I'm personally surprised that people don't find bacon more important in today's allainces

but seriously i think you can feel at home in any alliance with friendly members and government, an active irc, and that is looking out for your well being aka aid opportunities, and the fact that I'm in it can't hurt.

From the list that you gave I selected the following: Having forums, Unity, Friendly Government, Being full of war hawks, camaraderie, high activity and the girls...

As for specifically what I consider a good alliance : high activity, tight knit community but welcoming to new members, and just overall a place where I can have fun. I'd walk away from an otherwise good alliance if it just wasn't any fun for me to be there, and I'd gladly see my nation burn for an alliance that is a fun place to be.

High activity and unity both together would be a great alliance.

However a few you have missed out discipline and organization.

WAPA is full of unity because alot of the members live close to each other and know each other. Even me who lives 100 miles away are great friends with these people but i have never met them. However i am going to meet them in august.

This, combined with what I also mentioned above, makes for a really badass alliance. These are the alliances that last, and make their mark on CN history.

Mogar made a mark on CN, but that doesn't mean we liked him.

IO's too etc.

Getting an audience =/= having a good alliance

I forget what I was saying. Why isn't beer a choice?

Also, I'd prefer an alliance have snacks. I don't think that was an option, but I'm done looking.

'Cause I'm a minor. GB2 being drunk.

Also, bacon.

good friendly intelligent gov

active membership on forums and IRC

also forum are in my opinion forums are needed for an alliance to be an alliance so they don't really count as part of a good alliance.

Bacon, definitely bacon :P

Here is my list of what I look for

1: Has a forum & a IRC channel

2: Is well organised

3: Helps all its members and not just the inner circle of the alliance.

4: Is active, it has more than 20% of the members as regulars on the forums

Edited by Prime minister Johns

I wouldn't say maturity necessarily, sure there needs to be some members who are mature, but isn't it more fun to have members of all different ages? :D

Unfortunately age does not always equate to maturity -_-

But yes some diversity is always good.