Why all the NPO talk?

UberSpion

I think it's great, it makes the OWF look like the cover of a womens weekly magazine:

How Karma made me better than all of you

Why Karma made me a Pacifican

Moo: Karma Loves me but he won't admit it

How to lose your Karma in 5 easy steps

Exclusive hot gossip from inside the Karma Private Channel

Okay so the last 3 aren't true but I wouldn't be surprised if they were.

NPO has dominated the game politics for growing on three years. It will take a year, or so, after NPO has ended the war (by accepting peace terms) for Planet Bob to forget that they are no longer the central force in the realpolitik of Planet Bob.

I doubt it will take them that long to realise. I also doubt that they will just die and move on. Love it or hate it, NPO is going to rebuild, and will probably play a role in CN's politics a few months down the track, although I predict that they will go isolationist for a time.

As long as the Admin does not reset CN:SE (which, he might, after NPO loses)

Why would he do that?

then, yes, newbie nations will need a history lesson to be able to make intelligent posts on OWF.

And before now, they didn't need a history lesson in order to post intelligently?

Huh? Why would he do that?

Because so many nations have been taken down in power to the point that a reset isnt going to erase nearly as much as it would have before this war. That and now the "elite" alliances are pretty much untouchable at their ranges.

Bring everyone back to a starting point and start a new era.

This is not me agreeing with doing such, you could probably have another long thread with reasons why he should and reasons why he shouldnt

Because so many nations have been taken down in power to the point that a reset isnt going to erase nearly as much as it would have before this war. That and now the "elite" alliances are pretty much untouchable at their ranges.

Bring everyone back to a starting point and start a new era.

This is not me agreeing with doing such, you could probably have another long thread with reasons why he should and reasons why he shouldnt

I think you'd find a lot of very active, and possibly a majority of the non-active players could flat out quit. An argument could be made about this being good or bad for the game.

The main reason I think this talk of a reset is ahead of itself is that it would get a lot of people who've made donations in the past very upset and pretty heavily quench the main source of upkeep revenue. If there is a reset it's not going to be a level playing field as some consideration for previous donations would need to be made or new ones would become suspect, and if you have to do that you've pretty much ended up with the exact same problem of an untouchable elite at the top.

So basically you can choose from an elite coming from the length they've played the game and how efficiently, or an elite coming from who has/had the most expendable income. This is why tournament edition was such a good idea.

you sir, are despicable, rum thieves are the same level of sinners as jam thieves.

/me doubles guard on stash of rum

Serves you right for stealing rum from poor innocent rum guzzlers.

meh, unless the Mudkips reside on gray sphere they are not a threat, it is when they get on gray that the mayhem and the bloodletting ensues.

Yes, I know, despicable for stealing rum. I just... I CAN'T HELP IT!!! IT'S TOO GOOD! At least it wasn't Uber's beer though, that would be absolutely horrifying. Plus, I stole the rum from my own storeroom, does that count?

And the mudkips are definitely residing on the gray sphere. Don't you see them? They are right beside NONE and all that is evil in this world! We must kill them! KILL THEM ALL!