Questions about reparation...now with 71% less NPO

Otherworld

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the last time..I am not in Echelon o.o

And once again...you just completely missed the point of this topic...and even highlighted it. You have given white peace to alliances that have asked for extortionate amount of reps...while giving Echelon huge amounts of reps without them personally doing much wrong.

As far as the different "fronts" go with Karma having no collective responsibility...how come it has been said that individual peace will not be negotiated for Echelon and collective peace has to be? And considering Echelon is at war with most of the alliances other alliances have been...which have had little to no reps..why do Echelon get the huge rep amounts?

I wasn't replying to your post so I don't know why you assume I'm directing my statement to you. Perhaps look at who I'm addressing first.

[sarcasm]Wow...I'm sorry I assumed a post in a thread on Echelon...was about Echelon.[/sarcasm] There are hundreds of topics about NPO...go post there if you want to talk about NPO or somebody else.

Edited by Otherworld

Wow...I'm sorry I assumed a post in a thread on Echelon...was about Echelon. There are hundreds of topics about NPO...go post there if you want to talk about NPO or somebody else.

I was responding to someone who posted in this thread. In fact, their situation is little different from Echelon in terms of past and current conduct. So, you can probably take it as applying to Echelon's situation in a way.

Anyways, are you really trying to blame me for the fact you can't actually read my post including the quote?

Well when you say in regards to the reps...makes it seem like they are the final reps decided.

Please tell me where Echelon have asked for extortionate amount of reps to this level?

And the high reps IS NOT what this is about. I am asking why Echelon have high reps IN COMPARISON to other alliances that surrendered.

Tell me where Echelon didn't bail on BLEU to join the other side and request 10k in reps from MK?

Oh dear God...within a week we'll have "TPF Reps?", "64Digits Reps", and "Avalon Reps" threads. Get over it! Stop whining! You're not going to change the terms by throwing yourself on the ground and screaming "Echelon and NPO have harsh terms! I wanna give em different terms!" What's done is done. The reps that the governments of each alliance accepts are the reps that the defeated will pay!

Good sir, i dont know you but i wish to buy you one of Farkistans finest beers.

The rest of it ...well, its harsh, but Echelon did either stand by or actively participate in a lot of what we blame NPO for.

That is a terrible line of argument. How many members in Karma stood by while the NPO did what you blame them for? How about the alliances that got white peace? Did they step in and stop it. Claiming they are at fault because they didn't step in against the NPO makes just about 80% (Pulled this out of thin air) of CN guilty.

That is a terrible line of argument. How many members in Karma stood by while the NPO did what you blame them for? How about the alliances that got white peace? Did they step in and stop it. Claiming they are at fault because they didn't step in against the NPO makes just about 80% (Pulled this out of thin air) of CN guilty.

How many stood up and got rolled for it?

Having a MADP forcing you into an unjust war of aggression is different from defending allies who are the target of an unjust war of aggression. If you don't want to be responsible for an alliance's aggressive wars, don't hold a MADP with them.

Tell me where Echelon didn't bail on BLEU to join the other side and request 10k in reps from MK?

As I recall, MK was not a member of BLEU? If this war has taught us anything, it's that all alliances have multiple allegiances. That said, Echelon will either accept the terms or not. Whether they are harsh is a subjective matter, and if they are deemed harsh then so be it. It is what it is.

Putting maths aside for the minute...we can all agree these are harsh reps to say the least...right?

Is this some kind of a joke?

but what have Echelon done that is so bad?

Why don't you learn2history before bringing up silly discussions like these.

To encourage alliances to just drop treaties at the first sign of trouble? Because that is what it seems like for me.

You don't have to drop a treaty in order to surrender. Indeed, many alliances dropped their treaties at the onset of the war (Echelon included) without any encouragement from Karma at all. This however did not affect their participation in the war, so I feel your point is flawed - which reflects your lack of knowledge and understanding of the situation.

Basically put, in a more coherent way, the aim of Karma was to basically right the wrongs of the NPO regime, right? Echelon have done nothing wrong but honour their treaties...I am not saying they should get white peace (although as other alliances did, perhaps they should) but these terms are much too harsh...especially from a coalition set up because these stupidly high reps were occurring. It makes sense that NPO were given huge reps, but was has Echelon done that is so bad?

facepalm.jpg

I'm really getting sick and tired of this crap.

In the logs they said it was meant to make sure "the people in charge of this mess, the gov't and the older members pay the reps and not the mindless drone who just followed orders.", which hilariously it completely fails to accomplish :D. To me, it's a "cripple Echelon's military ability" term. Nothing more or less, but despicable enough to not accept the terms because of it.

This is a bit of a delayed response I'm afraid, but what I actually says was something like, "If you really wanted I could spew some BS about punishing the leaders instead of the mindless drones but we'd both know it wasn't true." We all know it's a "cripple Echelon's military ability" term. Given how many alliances Echelon has strong-armed over the years, I think it's perfectly reasonable to want to deliver a good blow to their military ability.

Echelon deserves these terms more than most. I applaud those who set them down.

Especially after how they treated MK. I know it's been a battered topic, but why would you ever demand reps from a treaty partner's treaty partner?

They're real jerks. If not for that these reps would be a third lower, hindsight is 20/20 eh?

I love hindsight. It makes me regret so much, but lets me know that I did some things as well as I could.

This war is rapidly approaching the two month mark, and Echelon has suffered tremendous hits throughout this war. We've lost over 50 members and have dropped from 5.2 million to barely above 1 million alliance strength. We've suffered our own share of internal problems, and the fact that Echelon is alive at all today is nothing short of a miracle.

When these terms were first presented to us, it was obvious to us that they were unreasonable and were deliberately designed to cripple Echelon. In the weeks since Echelon was originally presented these terms, our leaders have worked dilligently to try to find common ground and compromise on terms that were more feasible, however Karma (certian alliances in particular, who know who they are) have been absolutely unwilling to budge what-so-ever. Additionally, regarding the 1k tech clause, I had understood the terms in the manner that you couldn't send any reps out if your under 1k tech, and furthermore, if you fall below that sending reps, i was under the impression that you couldn't send any more until you rise above 1k again. Obviously we would appreciate further clarifacation on this clause. Either way, the clause would make it very difficult for Echelon to pay off these reparations, as we have just 27 members who would be eligible to pay off these reparations, excluding more than half of our current government (including myself).

Sure, Echelon has done its fair share of wrong-doings and we've made a (large) handful of mistakes, but i'd appreciate it if you could point me to any alliance who's been around for any considerable amount time and hasn't done something less than commendable or made a mistake. I try not to dwell too much in Echelon's past but more in the present and the future. I think if you look at Echelon's current government, you'll see numerous fresh faces that had no part what-so-ever in many of those deeds you despise so much. Echelon entered this war knowing exactly what we were getting into, and while we certianly haven't enjoyed the thrashing we have received, if we had to repeat the past three months all over again, we would likely end up right back where we're at now. We entered this war to defend NPO, one of our best friends in this game and our longest standing ally. Regardless of Echelon's actions in the past, I will never doubt that entering this war and honoring our treaty with Pacifica was the right thing to do, regardless of how hard Karma tries to say it wasn't.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't believe that Echelon deserves white peace, nor are we asking for it. We fully expected to have reparations demanded of us, and we're certainly not against paying some. What we are opposed to are the numerous provisions in the terms which were unreasonable, devoid of all logic, and generally unfair. We've tried to work with our opponents to resolve at least a few of these issues, however our opponents (with the exception of a small handful of them) have shown a lack of desire to entertain any compromise, and appear to be focused on one thing, overseeing the full destruction of Echelon. If I'm mistaken and Karma would like to acheive peace in this conflict, the leaders of Echelon have been and still are open to working on a mutually agreeable agreement.

makes it seem like they are the final reps decided

Use your common sense.

The reps that the governments of each alliance accepts are the reps that the defeated will pay!

You see, I would have worded it differently if I thought they'd already accepted them

"The reps that the government each alliance accepted are the reps that the defeated are going to pay!"

^ Is what I would say if they'd been accepted.

Sure, Echelon has done its fair share of wrong-doings and we've made a (large) handful of mistakes, but i'd appreciate it if you could point me to any alliance who's been around for any considerable amount time and hasn't done something less than commendable or made a mistake.

Christian Coalition of Countries (11th oldest alliance in the game)

the Gray Council (the true benchmark of Neutrality, so much so that people forget them)

That is two, does that suffice?

That the argument? That because you have been here so long you get to @#$% up and get away with it?

We need better whining.

Christian Coalition of Countries (11th oldest alliance in the game)

the Gray Council (the true benchmark of Neutrality, so much so that people forget them)

That is two, does that suffice?

GPA, TDO, WTF

TTK, CSN, FEAR, MK, GR, STA, and thats only people before you guys were founded.

Idk, didnt include peeps who were tied to hegemony because someone would have whined about it.