We withdraw.

Arkantos

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Actually, he gave Xaristan permission. I never asked. :wub: Also, you started the war - locking yourself as we attack is unfair and taking advantage of it.

OOC: Look at it this way...locking just freezes the situation...he'll be in exactly the same boat when he comes back. If he can't post, legally you can't attack, either, as you have to wait for him to respond before you post again.

So whether you recognize the freeze or not, technically, that's what's happened.

OOC: He didn't authorisae you, just Sargun. So, no. Also, lock starts now.

OOC: Who's "He"? Also, if you knew you were gong to be going away, why start a war? That's one of the strangest (and I dare say stupidest) moves I've seen here.

OOC: He didn't authorisae you, just Sargun. So, no. Also, lock starts now.

OOC: 1. Learn to spell.

2. Who is "he"? Multiple accounts maybe? Hm? If not, why are speaking about yourself in the 3rd person?

3. You cannot invalidate my attack with a "so, no". I declared war on you. I can attack anyone I so please. When you get back, you will respond to the damages that my planes are inflicting. I hope you enjoy seeing the Mall on Washington in flames.

OOC: Who's "He"? Also, if you knew you were gong to be going away, why start a war? That's one of the strangest (and I dare say stupidest) moves I've seen here.

OOC: probably because of one of two reasons: Either One, he thought it would be over before he left, or Two, he didn;t realize he would be going away until now.

OOC: 1. Learn to spell.

2. Who is "he"? Multiple accounts maybe? Hm? If not, why are speaking about yourself in the 3rd person?

3. You cannot invalidate my attack with a "so, no". I declared war on you. I can attack anyone I so please. When you get back, you will respond to the damages that my planes are inflicting. I hope you enjoy seeing the Mall on Washington in flames.

OOC: 1. he might have been in a hurry

2. Good question. Even I am not sure who 'he' is.

3. No one's invalidating your attack. However, no more moves take place until he responds.

OOC: 1. he might have been in a hurry

2. Good question. Even I am not sure who 'he' is.

3. No one's invalidating your attack. However, no more moves take place until he responds.

OOC: You cannot lock your nation in the middle of a war, especially one you started.

OOC: You cannot lock your nation in the middle of a war, especially one you started.

OOC: it depends on one's point of view on who really started this, but that's semantics. The point is, he'll have to still respond when he comes back. This is not an escape, merely a postponement until he can actually fight back, period.

OOC: it depends on one's point of view on who really started this, but that's semantics. The point is, he'll have to still respond when he comes back. This is not an escape, merely a postponement until he can actually fight back, period.

OOC: There is no semantics, he broke the treaty meaning he started the war. And as for his response, the rest of the world goes by in real-time - seven days is a lot of time for him to talk to somebody to get an ally.

OOC: There is no semantics, he broke the treaty meaning he started the war. And as for his response, the rest of the world goes by in real-time - seven days is a lot of time for him to talk to somebody to get an ally.

OOC the semantics part is not that he broke it, the semantics are over whether the treaty is truly legitimate now. But as I said, semantics.

If I find a convincing hint of someone joining him because he talked to them while he was supposed to be away, it is my ruling that you will automatically win. Fair enough?

OOC the semantics part is not that he broke it, the semantics are over whether the treaty is truly legitimate now. But as I said, semantics.

If I find a convincing hint of someone joining him because he talked to them while he was supposed to be away, it is my ruling that you will automatically win. Fair enough?

OOC: Not at all, but I'll accept it.

President Magnimer, President's Private Quarters

Oh, joy. He rubs his eyes. Now I'm stuck right smack dab in the middle of two nations at war. What ever happened to having all the wars in Europe? I liked it when they were blasting each other. Now the American nations are starting to take that role. It's embarrassing really.

Official Release From the Congress of The Tennessee Federation

The Tennessee Federation does hereby declare an effective neutrality in respect with the Louisiana/UAS confict. We simply do not wish to partake in a conflict between two great friends and we do not wish to become a 'buffer battleground'. We respect the MDAP with our UAS companions. We also respect our ODP with Louisiana in which we are hereby enacting. Therefore, we effectively cannot (and will not) take military action against Louisiana. (OOC: Please no flak about if it's legal or not. I just honestly do not want to be a 3rd party buffer here. Please respect that.) We would like to help mediate the conflict. Nashville is open to both parties as a haven for discussions.

We ask that Louisiana at least lets us know ahead of time when they are firing missiles above our heads. It caused quite a stir especially since we were E-Bombed(Missiled?) in the previous conflict.

Officially a state of war must hereby exist between Tennessee and Xaristan as per our MDAP with the UAS.

We wish to open discussions with Ardoria and would like to hopefully come to some sort of defense agreement. We would also like to unify our border defenses especially along the Mississippi. We do this out of concern that there is no 'official' relationship between our nations due to your BTP cancellation. We still wish peace and friendship with our neighbor and sister country (OOC: I say sister countries because of Tennessee and North Carolina.)

Power is being routed into the UAS to help the energy crisis.

Press from a reporter (Who has badgered to death the Tennessee Defense Department)

Nashville, Tennessee -- The current political situation has the defense department buzzing with activity. A war with Xaristan and an unneasy middle-man neutrality. Interviews with officials seem to suggest that little to no actions will go against Xaristan. They do seem willing to defend the structural integrity of the UAS. (OOC: I know you said it would not be a land grab... but I still need to say that I will not tolerate the UAS being erased from the map.)

Tennessee has a history of neutrality and peace. It is safe to think that the military will take no aggressive actions against Xaristan. Tennessee has a strong will to defend itself though. It also seems logical that the military will assist the UAS primarily from invasion and is not that concerned about minor damages as it must defend itself first.

Classified Except for the UAS

F-22 squads are being mobilized. A message has been sent to the UAS inquiring as to where they are needed. A few squads will go to the defense of UAS while, at this early stage, most will remain at home. Further actions will be taken as the situation unfolds.

ALL border defense positions are to be put on high alert.

President Magnimer, President's Private Quarters

I still have faith in my home nation. The people are resilient. Our neighbors are to be respected. Why cain't anyone else learn that? People are different. However, we are one under God. We must respect each other, no matter the differences between us. That... that is the way for peace. Acceptance.

OOC: Sargun, you wished to speak with me?

Official Release From the Congress of The Tennessee Federation

The Tennessee Federation does hereby declare an effective neutrality in respect with the Louisiana/UAS confict. We simply do not wish to partake in a conflict between two great friends and we do not wish to become a 'buffer battleground'. We respect the MDAP with our UAS companions. We also respect our ODP with Louisiana in which we are hereby enacting. Therefore, we effectively cannot (and will not) take military action against Louisiana. (OOC: Please no flak about if it's legal or not. I just honestly do not want to be a 3rd party buffer here. Please respect that.) We would like to help mediate the conflict. Nashville is open to both parties as a haven for discussions.

We ask that Louisiana at least lets us know ahead of time when they are firing missiles above our heads. It caused quite a stir especially since we were E-Bombed(Missiled?) in the previous conflict.

Officially a state of war must hereby exist between Tennessee and Xaristan as per our MDAP with the UAS.

We wish to open discussions with Ardoria and would like to hopefully come to some sort of defense agreement. We would also like to unify our border defenses especially along the Mississippi. We do this out of concern that there is no 'official' relationship between our nations due to your BTP cancellation. We still wish peace and friendship with our neighbor and sister country (OOC: I say sister countries because of Tennessee and North Carolina.)

Power is being routed into the UAS to help the energy crisis.

Press from a reporter (Who has badgered to death the Tennessee Defense Department)

Nashville, Tennessee -- The current political situation has the defense department buzzing with activity. A war with Xaristan and an unneasy middle-man neutrality. Interviews with officials seem to suggest that little to no actions will go against Xaristan. They do seem willing to defend the structural integrity of the UAS. (OOC: I know you said it would not be a land grab... but I still need to say that I will not tolerate the UAS being erased from the map.)

Tennessee has a history of neutrality and peace. It is safe to think that the military will take no aggressive actions against Xaristan. Tennessee has a strong will to defend itself though. It also seems logical that the military will assist the UAS primarily from invasion and is not that concerned about minor damages as it must defend itself first.

OOC: To address your OOC first, I have no wish to see him wiped off the map. I am more than willing to have peace again, as I was last time. However, his attitude has been intolerable as of late, and breaking the treaty was the last straw. The only way UAS is wiped off the map is if continually refuses to be reasonable.

IC:

**OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE FROM XARISTAN**

We hereby recognize a state of war with the Tennessee Republic. May whatever gods you pray to have mercy on your souls, for we shall have none.

**PRIVATE, CLASSIFIED IN OCULUS (RL KEY WEST), XARISTAN**

"So why are we sitting here? Did we overlook that they had this treaty?" Military Consul Supreme General Francis McCutcheon rounded on Secretary of Intelligence Simon Cox. "How did your agents miss this in our planning, Cox?"

"It was not missed, General." Cox said, his voice as icy as the stare he gave the general. "We simply did not think they would act on it. Obviously we are acting as Louisiana's ally here... we did not think those !@#$%^&* would declare on someone who was declaring with an ODP partner. Obviously treaties still at least have some meaning in North America."

"Obviously," spat the General. "And you call yourselves Intelligence."

"General, instead of berating Mr. Cox, perhaps we should implement our strategies to defend our homeland, no?" The voice of Director Louis Egon, only there by conference call, filled the room. Director Egon was in a classified and secure location, and had been ever since the Declaration of War was issued. Only one man in the room knew where he was, and that was Simon Cox.

"Yes, Director." The Supreme General gave the Secretary one last seething look before turning to the rest gathered at the table. "Alright, status reports. Secretary Gage?" He looked over at the nation's Secretary of War.

"37,000 troops, 1,000 tanks, approximately 300 other combat vehicles and numerous support vehicles are making their way up through Ardoria now. We should have word on the success of our bombing missions soon enough."

"Excellent. Secretary Flint?" The Secretary of Defense stood.

"We have more than 300,000 troops ready to defend our land, sir. They are moving into position at the most likely border crossing points along highways to the north. Beaches are being fortified on both coasts, with a focus currently on the west coast. All defense systems are online and functioning."

"Excellent. Consul Worthington, I need you to get on the phone with Ardoria. See if you can't keep them from keeping those filthy Tennessee !@#$%^&* out of their country. Let them know that we won't use their country's roads to attack Tennessee if they don't allow Tennessee to use them to attack us." A quick acknowledgment came from the other end of the phone from Worthington. "Secretary Cox, do you have any targets for us that we could use to demoralize the population and military of Tennessee?"

"As a matter of fact, I do." Secretary Cox hit a button and a screen rose, a picture of a massive building on it. "The Tennessee Tower, ladies and gentlemen. It was just completed, and is the tallest structure in Tennessee. Hit it with a few cruise missiles, and it should fall like a house of cards. If that isn't demoralizing, I don't know what is."

"General, I must protest." Another voice chimed in, this one belonging to Nicole Atwater, Secretary of Disaster Preparedness and Relief. "Tennessee has said that they will not take offensive actions against us. If we initiate them, especially on a civilian target such as the Tower, it could cause others to rally to the UAS's cause, perhaps even leading to Ardoria revoking our right of passage through their country."

"Director, if I may interject, Secretary Atwater is not completely correct." Secretary Cox spoke next. "It was a reporter who said it was safe to think that Tennessee would take no aggressive action against us. I propose we have the missiles on standby with targets locked in, just in case. And Secretary Atwater should be using this time to prepare for what her job description is, not planning wars." The intercom was silent for a moment, and then Director Egon spoke again.

"Keep the missiles on standby for now. McCutcheon, issue an official statement. If Tennessee troops or planes attack ours, we will retaliate with full military power. But only if they attack us. Is that understood... by all?" A chorus of "yessir"s greeted him. "Good. Alright, you all have your assignments. Get moving. We have a lot to accomplish."

**CLASSIFIED, HEAVY ENCRYPTION BETWEEN XARISTAN AND ARDORIA**

The Tennessee Federation has declared war on us. We are asking you to keep your borders closed to them and not allow troops through to attack us. Allowing them to do so would lead to us having to retaliate, possibly on your own soil, and create a very messy situation for all. We have managed to cooperate in this war thus far, and we feel that closing your borders to Tennessee can only encourage this cooperation. We will not use your roads to attack the Federation if you do not allow them to use your roads to attack us. Please respond, post haste.

Sincerely,

Bill Worthington

Consul of State

Xaristan

P.S. Should Tennessee attack our troops in the UAS, we will retaliate then. We will let you know when the missiles will be passing over your nation heading for them.

**OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM THE XARISTAN DEPARTMENT OF THE MILITARY**

The Tennessee Federation has declared war on us in support of an unjust and corrupt government in the United Atlantian States. Not only is their endeavor foolish, but it will end in nothing but utter defeat for them. Out of respect for our friends to the north in Ardoria who have graciously allowed our troops and planes passage through their nation, we will not march through their territory and squash Tennessee like the interfering little bugs they are. Instead, we issue this warning:

If a single troop is killed, if a single plane is shot down, if a single tank is destroyed, if a single bullet is fired, or if a single aggressive action is taken against the valiant troops of Xaristan by the cowards in the Tennessee Federation, then we will respond with a full military assault, including hitting targets of military, economic, and strategic importance to Tennessee. Consider this your first and last warnings. You need only to look at the United Atlantian States to realize that we do not give a second.

Signed,

Francis McCutcheon, Supreme General

Military Consul

Xaristan

**CLASSIFIED**

To the north, along probable invasion routes, roads were mined with IEDs, land mines, and booby traps to pick off advancing troops. Quick pillboxes were constructed, employing civilian construction companies to help. These defenses would no be elaborate, but mostly used to give troops some cover to hamper the enemy's movements. Squads of men were deployed out to harass the enemy once they crossed the border.

The cities were where the Xaristanis would truly make their stand. With little in the way of natural terrain to aid their defense, and through the Xaristan Civil War, their troops had become masters of urban combat. Bridges were mined, pillboxes were constructed in and around cities, and traps were set up for tanks and troops. Rooms were cleared in office buildings and hotels for snipers and other troops to ambush the enemy. If the Tennessee troops were able to reach the cities, they would never leave alive.

The beaches, especially along the west coast, were busy with work as well. Foxholes, mines, tank traps, and makeshift pillboxes were springing up everywhere. There were rumors of new border defenses coming soon, but obviously not soon enough for the troops who made due with whatever they could.

Air Defense Squadrons were flying CAPs 24/7, and the experimental Missile Interception and Safety System (MISS) was up and running. The SDI was also fully functional, as were the anti-air defenses.

Edited by Pravus Ingruo

Classified:

To: Tennessee Republic

If your enemies destroy your power plants or parts of your power lines, we can supply electricity seeing that we have plenty of excess electricity. However, if you expose us, we will seek revenge since we do not like to be betrayed by people who we helped.

Classified to the Great Lakes State

We thank you so much. We will contact you if we lose power. Your help would of course be private as per your wishes. We are not fond of betrayers and do not wish to be one.

Classified to Xaristan

We wish to send an envoy to your nation. We wish it to be a private affair. We wish to discuss what you plan to do with UAS government. Of course, there is much else to discuss.

Classified to Xaristan Department of the Military from the Tennessee Department of Defense

Your warning is noted. We do not plan to fire a single shot in this conflict. We do this of course in hoping that you honor your word in that you will not occupy the land of the UAS.

Classified to the United Atlantian States

We have decided to send an envoy to your capital to help see through this effort. Also, our F-22 squads and Warhawk bombers are going to be stationed in the Appalachian Mountains and will occasionally patrol along your border with Ardoria.

Classified to Ardoria

We see that you are in a similar situation that we are sort of in with Louisiana and the UAS. We will respect that. We ensure you that will not be crossing over your territory to attack Xaristan as we are not on the offense here.

We are unsure of your position with the Xaristan government. We need to know that you will not allow them to attack us through your land. We will not allow Tennessee forces to enter Ardoria so long as you do not allow them to come through to us. We are sorry to have to put you in this buffering position.

Classified to Xaristan

We wish to send an envoy to your nation. We wish it to be a private affair. We wish to discuss what you plan to do with UAS government. Of course, there is much else to discuss.

**CLASSIFIED, HEAVY ENCRYPTION RESPONSE BACK TO TENNESSEE**

You may send one plane no bigger than to carry eleven passengers to Egon International Airport. Your plane with broadcast its IFF Signal on the frequency Special Diplomat 197R5. You will be escorted in by four jets, land and taxi to the farthest hanger, and be driven to the meeting place. A deviation from any of these instructions will result in the plane being shot down.

**CLASSIFIED, HEAVY ENCRYPTION BETWEEN XARISTAN AND ARDORIA**

The Tennessee Federation has declared war on us. We are asking you to keep your borders closed to them and not allow troops through to attack us. Allowing them to do so would lead to us having to retaliate, possibly on your own soil, and create a very messy situation for all. We have managed to cooperate in this war thus far, and we feel that closing your borders to Tennessee can only encourage this cooperation. We will not use your roads to attack the Federation if you do not allow them to use your roads to attack us. Please respond, post haste.

Sincerely,

Bill Worthington

Consul of State

Xaristan

P.S. Should Tennessee attack our troops in the UAS, we will retaliate then. We will let you know when the missiles will be passing over your nation heading for them.

*Response*

Our border with them has already been closed for some time. All Ardorian air space has been shut down to all commercial and private traffic and is being enforced by the Air Force. Unfortunately, we can not allow any other of your aircraft into our airspace unless we can escort them to the airports in the north. Ground troop movements, however, will still be allowed.

Classified to Ardoria

We see that you are in a similar situation that we are sort of in with Louisiana and the UAS. We will respect that. We ensure you that will not be crossing over your territory to attack Xaristan as we are not on the offense here.

We are unsure of your position with the Xaristan government. We need to know that you will not allow them to attack us through your land. We will not allow Tennessee forces to enter Ardoria so long as you do not allow them to come through to us. We are sorry to have to put you in this buffering position.

*Response*

As long as none of your national assets cross into our territories or air space, we will take no actions against you. Our hands are tied from the Second American Civil War peace terms.

Classified to Ardoria

Thank you for the update and information. You can expect no troubles from us.

Classified to Xaristan

Very well. Captain Watson will be sent via a small Lear craft to that destination broadcasting that IFF. There are only 3 people on board: pilot, co-pilot, and Watson.

(OOC: The flight path will be whatever doesn't get it killed by other countries...)

*Response*

Our border with them has already been closed for some time. All Ardorian air space has been shut down to all commercial and private traffic and is being enforced by the Air Force. Unfortunately, we can not allow any other of your aircraft into our airspace unless we can escort them to the airports in the north. Ground troop movements, however, will still be allowed.

**CLASSIFIED RESPONSE**

We will let you know of our air movements to allow escorts to meet them at your northern borders. Thank you for your response.

Classified to Xaristan

Very well. Captain Watson will be sent via a small Lear craft to that destination broadcasting that IFF. There are only 3 people on board: pilot, co-pilot, and Watson.

(OOC: The flight path will be whatever doesn't get it killed by other countries...)

**CLASSIFIED RESPONSE**

We will be waiting.

(OOC: We'll skip to the actual meeting part)

"Pandora 1, this is Pandora 4. I have a bogie on my scopes. They are broadcasting the signal we gave Tennessee."

"Roger that, Pandora 4. Control, can you give us a profile on that signal?"

"Just a moment, Pandora 1." A couple second's pause followed. "One, there is only one aircraft broadcasting that signal. Aircraft looks like a Leerjet, based on the signature. You are free to move in and escort it to Egon International."

"Roger that, Control. Pandora Group, let's rock and roll. Weapons hot and sensors on high." The four AS-37 Mamba Interceptors closed in quickly on the Leerjet and escorted it down to Egon International Airport without incident. Once on the ground, the plane was given instructions as to where to go, and was escorted by two Cobra LBTs to the farthest hanger, nearly a mile from the nearest terminal. Normally used for secret military projects, the distance was to ensure no foul play could harm the civilians at the airport.

Once there, an armored car would take all three occupants of the plane to an undisclosed location, where Consul of State Bill Worthington and Deputy Military Consul High General Vernon Dukes were waiting. All three would be thoroughly searched before the two pilots were put in a holding room and the Captain was allowed into the meeting room.

(OOC: This is assuming full cooperation by your people, of course. If you had other plans in mind, feel free to retcon anything you would like and rewrite it... just understand that any hostile action will not only result in your people killed, but your country attacked. :awesome: )

(OOC: They cooperated. Yay not dying! I like this character and I've used him before so I'd hate to kill him! I'd be :( )

The searches found nothing harmful as Watson didn't even bring a weapon. What would be the point of killing a diplomat he always said.

Captain Watson went into the meeting room. "Hello Gentlemen." He shook their hands.

(OOC: I'm gonna assume your guys cooperate too... I'm also gonna sorta monologue a little so that I can get everything out and so we don't just do little bits back and forth cause that would make this take a while... or forever... :) )

They all sit. "Not sure how used to envoys during war time you are, but Tennessee actually like communication and not just mindlessly blowing people up as some countries do. Anyway, as I'm sure you have noticed, we are both in a kinda awkward positions. Were fighting against each other because two other countries decided to fight. Tennessee isn't even fighting against Louisiana, a main party, yet here we are with you. We're defending a nation who activated the attack portion of our treaty against Louisiana who we can't fight and now we just got to defend against you. As far as I can see, this whole situation is messed up and there is no legitimate reason why we should even fight."

"There is of course the matter of the UAS. They are our ally. We don't like seeing our allies invaded. We also do not like the aggressive tendencies of the current government. Tennessee is very... libertarian in a lot it does and really does not care what the rest of the world does. We do have a problem with aggression though. As you may have read, our press seems to have learned that by now too: we don't attack for the sake of attacking. Honestly we see no reason to attack you. Anyway, the UAS does need a change. It just needs to learn that it doesn't need to attack for little reason. Seems to be just a resentment to me. A feud. Something decent people should solve at a table like we are at. Needless to say we can't officially do anything to change the UAS. We can only suggest. The press at home is showing resentment on the declaration on a war to aid a friends war against another friend."

"My personal opinion is that you need to kick their butts and get them into shape. They claimed to be the US after leaving the US. They think they are too big and bad for their own good. It worries me to have a warmongering nation as a neighbor. We joined the Bermuda Triangle Pact to defend ourselves and help in any legit cause. An American feud and yet another American War is not legit."

(OOC: They cooperated. Yay not dying! I like this character and I've used him before so I'd hate to kill him! I'd be :( )

The searches found nothing harmful as Watson didn't even bring a weapon. What would be the point of killing a diplomat he always said.

Captain Watson went into the meeting room. "Hello Gentlemen." He shook their hands.

(OOC: I'm gonna assume your guys cooperate too... I'm also gonna sorta monologue a little so that I can get everything out and so we don't just do little bits back and forth cause that would make this take a while... or forever... :) )

They all sit. "Not sure how used to envoys during war time you are, but Tennessee actually like communication and not just mindlessly blowing people up as some countries do. Anyway, as I'm sure you have noticed, we are both in a kinda awkward positions. Were fighting against each other because two other countries decided to fight. Tennessee isn't even fighting against Louisiana, a main party, yet here we are with you. We're defending a nation who activated the attack portion of our treaty against Louisiana who we can't fight and now we just got to defend against you. As far as I can see, this whole situation is messed up and there is no legitimate reason why we should even fight."

"There is of course the matter of the UAS. They are our ally. We don't like seeing our allies invaded. We also do not like the aggressive tendencies of the current government. Tennessee is very... libertarian in a lot it does and really does not care what the rest of the world does. We do have a problem with aggression though. As you may have read, our press seems to have learned that by now too: we don't attack for the sake of attacking. Honestly we see no reason to attack you. Anyway, the UAS does need a change. It just needs to learn that it doesn't need to attack for little reason. Seems to be just a resentment to me. A feud. Something decent people should solve at a table like we are at. Needless to say we can't officially do anything to change the UAS. We can only suggest. The press at home is showing resentment on the declaration on a war to aid a friends war against another friend."

"My personal opinion is that you need to kick their butts and get them into shape. They claimed to be the US after leaving the US. They think they are too big and bad for their own good. It worries me to have a warmongering nation as a neighbor. We joined the Bermuda Triangle Pact to defend ourselves and help in any legit cause. An American feud and yet another American War is not legit."

Consul of State Bill Worthington and Deputy Military Consul Vernon Dukes looked at each other for a moment. Dukes made a few nondescript notes on a pad he had in front of him as Worthington turned back to the Captain. "So, exactly, what are you saying, Captain?"

IC:

The two bomber squadrons cruised along at 60,000 feet, ready to engage their targets. RADAR was clear, no bogies, no missile locks, nothing. The targets for the twenty four bombers were three of the eastern-most cities in the UAS, Washington D.C, Philadelphia, and Dover. Twelve bombers would converge on Washington, while six would head to Philadelphia and six to Dover. The priorities for the Dover and Philadelphia teams would be the destruction of the civilian airports and naval bases. In Washington, six bombers would work on the airports, three on the roads surrounding the capital, and three bombers would take aim at the capitol district itself, with prime targets including the Capitol Building, the White House, the Pentagon, and other monuments. The goal of those two bombers was to leave the city demoralized and in ruins.

The 1st Bomber Squadron, callsign Monster, had the task of Philadelphia and Dover, while the 2nd Bomber Squadron, callsign Zombie, had the honor of laying Washington to ruins.

Three squadrons of interceptors, consisting of the 1st Interceptor Squadron, callsign Black Knights, the 5th Interceptor Squadron, callsign Red Dawn, and the 13th Interceptor Squadron, callsign Steel, would escort the 2nd Bomber Squadron over Washington. The 2nd Interceptor Squadron, callsign Dueces, and the 7th Interceptor Squadron, callsign Shamrock, would escort the Philadelphia element of the 1st Bomber Squadron, while the 3rd Interceptor Squadron, callsign High Flight, would escort the Dover element.

The 6th Assault Squadron of FB-66 Hellfire fighter/bombers, callsign Rock, would go with the 2nd Bomber Squadron and her escorts to Washington. Their job was to pound any AA guns that popped up to threaten their comrades. The 7th Assault Squadron, callsign Paper, was assigned to the Dover group, and the 8th Assault Squadron, callsign Scissors, was assigned to the Philadelphia group. The 7th and 8th both had orders to help knock down any AA fire along with providing close support against naval bases.

"All Xaristani aircraft, this is Mission Control. You are green light. Repeat, green light to engage."

"Roger that, Control. Black Knight Leader, out." Colonel Wesley Raab, decorated fighter pilot who had flown for all three previous incarnations of the nation currently known as Xaristan, keyed his mic. "You have your orders, everyone. Break into groups and head for your targets. Washington group Interceptors, after we escort our bombers back to Norfolk, we will head back to hold the door open for Philadelphia group. Fly back over the ocean, not over land, understood?" A wave of acknowledgments greeted him. "Good. Let's break them." The massive formation split off into their groups.

The bombers of each group would cruise at 60,000 feet, with their interceptor escorts three thousand feet below and in front of them. The fighter/bombers were much more in range of heavy AA fire (120mm) as they cruised at 49,000 feet but varied their speed and position to make tracking them harder. Each group arrived at their intended target at approximately the same time and the bombers unleashed their armaments on their intended targets, dropping smart and cluster bombs, a massive shock and awe campaign designed to demoralize the government, military, and civilians of the UAS.

As this bombing began, cruise missiles from Xaristan were launched, streaking into the air and east over the ocean. Due to not wanting to fire them over Ardorian territory, the trajectories were modified to use the planet's rotation to assist them. Five cruise missiles each were aimed at known military bases in the areas of Philadelphia, Dover, and Washington D.C.

To the far south, Xaristani troops and takes made preparations to move northward. 700 Viper and 300 Black Widow MBTs were ready to charge northward, along with 12,000 troops in Bat APCs, and 35,000 other troops in unarmored vehicles and support/supply trucks. Supplies such as bombs, ammo, food, medical supplies, everything needed to sustain an army was being shipped up to forward staging areas in Ardoria. 100 Cobra LBT/AAPs, 100 MLRS units, and 75 artillery pieces were moved northward as well, creating a massive convoy heading up the I-95 corridor.

The bombings went exceedingly well, better than the Xaristani commanders had ever hoped. There was no resistance. The Capitol region was in flames. Philadelphia targets were in flames. Dover targets were in flames. All planes returned to Norwalk with ease.

All troops engaged across the border, still not meeting any resistance.

**OFFICIAL STATEMENT FROM XARISTAN**

The former UAS territory is now a Xaristan protectorate. All foreign forces are advised to stay out. Repeat, any foreign forces besides Xaristani or UAS domestic in the territory will be fired upon. Any questions can be directed to the Xaristani State Department.

Captain Watson: "Officially, I want you to out of the UAS and to stop fighting." His voice lowers, "Unofficially, however, and what most of my top brass want, is for the Government of the area to have... an attitude adjustment. Frankly we just don't like over aggressive neighbors that drag us into conflicts that aren't important. The purpose of a MDAP is for mutual cooperation and support. Sure, if there was some rampaging dictator idiot trying to take over America and a neighbor attacked preemptively, we'd join. But a feud between two of our best friends... we will not be used for such an assault. Granted, Louisiana did seem to have a part in the US collapse, however, we don't see a war as a way to solve any problem."

Captain Watson: "Officially, I want you to out of the UAS and to stop fighting." His voice lowers, "Unofficially, however, and what most of my top brass want, is for the Government of the area to have... an attitude adjustment. Frankly we just don't like over aggressive neighbors that drag us into conflicts that aren't important. The purpose of a MDAP is for mutual cooperation and support. Sure, if there was some rampaging dictator idiot trying to take over America and a neighbor attacked preemptively, we'd join. But a feud between two of our best friends... we will not be used for such an assault. Granted, Louisiana did seem to have a part in the US collapse, however, we don't see a war as a way to solve any problem."

OOC: War's over. See here and here