We withdraw.

Arkantos

american_flag.png

The people have spoken. They want to be free of the yoke of Louisianian oppression, and the shall have their wish. As of this moment, the United Atlantian States is again a free nation under it's own rule and accoutable to no other nation. White Peace was given to those around us during the 2nd U.S. Civil War, but not to us, and, for no appearent reason, they kept up the war with us. We surrendered, to prevent horrible loss of life. But now, the people are ready to fight. Ready to die. And if it become necessary, we will do anything to keep our country from falling to Louisanian forces, should they invade. In addition, we activate the Tennessee-UAS MDAP and the New England-UAS MDAP.That is all.

***CLASSIFIED***

We are now at DEFCON 2. All military are to move to border defence positions. The Air Force is to run patrols constantly across the skies of the nation. All anti-aircraft guns are to be on high alert at all times.

Edited by Arkantos

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"You broke the treaty, sweetie," Hiley muttered to himself.

---

The majority of the troops on the Tahoe border, called in in case of war, withdrew and started heading for the eastern border. All preparations from the anticipation of a Tahoe war still applied - everything was prepped, ready, and in a heightened state of military readiness.

***CLASSIFIED***

We move to DEFCON 1. Prepare all weapons for launch, should it come to that. All troops are to move to the border ASAP. USS Constitution, President, and Congress are to set sail for the Gulf of Mexico. All other vessels are to patrol the coast. We are at war.

Due to breaking the peace treaty they themselves signed, Xaristan hereby rescinds the peace terms given to the United Atlantian States. Xaristan is once again in a state of war with them.

-Message from the Xaristan Department of State

**CLASSIFIED**

Military readiness had just started to come down from the possibility of a world war when news of the United Atlantian States' treachery. Immediately, plans were put in motion and troops were readied. Primary means of support to the Louisiana operation would be aerial in nature, instead of on the ground, unless other events transpired.

The 1st and 2nd Bomber Squadrons, call sign Monster and Zombie, respectively, were fueled and prepped for launch. Fighter/bombers and air superiority fighters readied themselves as well.

**Message to Ardoria**

We request permission for troops to move through your territory, using only highways, and for planes to land at your northernmost airbases. The UAS has once again showed that they are committed to destabilizing America, and we must eliminate the threat.

OOC: WTF? I didn't violate your peace terms.

IC: We ask Xaristan to reconsider. We did not violate your peace terms in any way, meaning you have just commited an act of warentless aggression.

OOC: I never said you violated MY peace terms, I said you violated the terms that you signed, which were also Sargun's.

IC:

There shall be no reconsidering. You have shown time and again that you only wish for war on the North American continent. You have broken the peace terms set forth by an international committee. We do not see this as a re-delcaration against you, rather instead a continuation of the conflict after you continued it in the first place.

OOC: I never said you violated MY peace terms, I said you violated the terms that you signed, which were also Sargun's.

IC:

There shall be no reconsidering. You have shown time and again that you only wish for war on the North American continent. You have broken the peace terms set forth by an international committee. We do not see this as a re-delcaration against you, rather instead a continuation of the conflict after you continued it in the first place.

We do not wish for war. We wish for freedom, and for peace. But if war is the only way to attain freedom, then so be it. We will not sacrifice our freedom for a forced peace.

Edited by Arkantos

On your own head be it.

And on your head be the lives of all those who fight and die for their country.

OOC: Should we plan this one out or play it by ear?

Edited by Arkantos

And on your head be the lives of all those who fight and die for their country.

My ego is sufficiently large enough to perform this act.

OOC: Ear time. (apparently that's a censored word, weird)

Edited by Sargun

We do not wish for war. We wish for freedom, and for peace. But if war is the only way to attain freedom, then so be it. We will not sacrifice our freedom for a forced peace.

You signed the treaty. This talk that it was forced upon you is laughable to say the least. We are done talking with you. The boots of our soldiers, the treads of our tanks, and the roar of our planes shall do the talking for us now.

Must war break out on the North American continent again?

We would also like to remind the AUS that our MDAP with them is now moot (it was cancelled the moment when the AUS signed that agreement with Louisiana and Xaristan, so as we've been told). As such, New England will remain neutral in this conflict. Our territory and airspace are closed to both warring sides, and as are our waters (any ships, aircraft, etc that crosses our lands, waters, or airspace will be decimated without warning.)

Moreover, we urge all sides to end the war. We do not want nor need war, especially one so close to our borders.

OOC: Ark, our MDAP was cancelled when you signed that treaty of yours, remember? :P

Edited by JEDCJT

Must war break out on the North American continent again?

We would also like to remind the AUS that our MDAP with them is now moot (it was cancelled the moment when the AUS signed that agreement with Louisiana and Xaristan, so as we've been told). As such, New England will remain neutral in this conflict. Our territory and airspace are closed to both warring sides, and as are our waters (any ships, aircraft, etc that crosses our lands, waters, or airspace will be decimated without warning.)

Moreover, we urge all sides to end the war. We do not want nor need war, especially one so close to our borders.

OOC: Ark, our MDAP was cancelled when you signed that treaty of yours, remember? :P

OOC: No, it was declared "Put on hold". Now that I'm independant again, it's active.

IC: The AUS isn't involved in this was.

OOC: No, it was declared "Put on hold". Now that I'm independant again, it's active.

IC: The AUS isn't involved in this was.

OOC: Hm, really? That's not how I remember it. But I might need to check... :unsure:

IC: Hm, but it seems that both Xaristan and Louisiana are involved. That, and though you may have activated our MDAP, we cannot participate into this conflict because of our NAP with Louisiana and our agreement with Xaristan. You signed the treaty, you made an commitment, you broke that commitment. Now you have to live with the consequences.

Edited by JEDCJT

OOC: Hm, really? That's not how I remember it. But I might check... :unsure:

IC: Hm, but it seems that both Xaristan and Louisiana are involved. That, and though you may have activated our MDAP, we cannot participate into this conflict because of our NAP with Louisiana and our agreement with Xaristan. You signed the treaty, you made an commitment, you broke that commitment. Now you have to live with it.

According to Article I it was put on hold.

Article I

For the time being, all treaties held by United Atlantian States are put on hold.

OOC:

Iat - http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1603366

Edited by mykep

According to Article I it was put on hold.

OOC: Ah, thanks. I was looking for that. :o

IC: Thank you for clarification. If we were to participate into the war, we would violate our NAP and agreement and possibly widen the war, which is not something we want to happen. We apologize for any inconvinence.

"What do we see here is one party, frustrated by a lack of independence, decided to acquire freedom the hard way - yet, said party's resolve seem to be little more than mentioning "freedom' every five words they speak and ironically not taking the freedom to think and be intelligent by any means, clearly not seeking any sort of diplomatic end and solely resorting to bravados and meaningless defiance.

The other party is the one in control, the winners of the previous American Civil War. That's dandy and all, but they obviously wish that they could maul the UAS all over again because they had so much fun killing their people - with the leaders they have, I don't blame them at all but they could show who's got the bigger brain."

"We urge both parties to come to their sense and find a diplomatic solution before blood is shed and property is lost - we can provide a safe and neutral ground for sane talks and negotiations. If all else fails, we can but lament that America is once again embroiled in war over trivialities that could be defused. Our borders will remain open for refugees and volunteers will attempt to bring in humanitarian aid for the war victims."

Emperor Sergio was hard at work i his office when this news came forth.

"Ugh, First Europe Now North America. I am getting tired of this instability. I wont comment just let this play out" Thinks Emperor as he continues his work.

OOC: Ah, thanks. I was looking for that. :o

IC: Thank you for clarification. If we were to participate into the war, we would violate our NAP and agreement and possibly widen the war, which is not something we want to happen. We apologize for any inconvinence.

NAP > MADP

Although we do not support the widening of this war, it would be best to defend an ally. I believe no nation would hold it against you to defend an ally than the other option.

OOC: Thanks mykep, very interesting. Its kind of like IRON's very outdated concept of "satellite alliance treaties". Something legionnaire tried awhile back (when he was a councilor like 3 years ago).

NAP > MADP

Although we do not support the widening of this war, it would be best to defend an ally. I believe no nation would hold it against you to defend an ally than the other option.

Hm, would they hold it against us for violating our agreements, and the like?

CLASSIFIED

The nation was once again placed on DEFCON 2. The Armed Forces remained on high alert, though. It is not known if the federal government was going to do something about it, or even to get involved.