The Black Parade

Sarah Tintagyl

Just as Visari had committed suicide, dozens of ICBMs were launched into the distance. Two ICBMs were headed towards The Republic of Mariehemm and the Hanseatic CommonWealth in Australia. Of course, they were equipped with one nuclear warhead each..450KT in strength.

The other ICBMs, mostly modified Anti-Ship Ballistic Missiles, which were headed towards Mareihemm, and unmodified regular ICBMs were headed towards Hansa. They were equipped with chemical and biological weapon MIRVS..Anthrax and SmallPox. This was the last hurrah of a man, finally gone insane..

In the Luftwaffe missilegruppe in Danzig headquarters, missile technicians prepared to do what seemed impossible. They were to intercept the ICBMs fired from Greater Germany.

"Activate the missile defense! Begin tracking missiles and fire at first chance! We must not let Visari get away with another nuclear holocaust!"

Any weapons fired at the Australian Hanseatic holdings would go not only through the other Nords' SDI's, but Promised Land's own.

Aotearoan chemical/radiological/biological cleanup teams are in the air, flying direct Wellington-Brisbane to aid in the quick recovery. In addition, LeVentNoir is personally earmarking a large sum of money for clean up and rebuilding of the effected areas.

The mind reels...

The missiles that had been fired from Germany flew through the air with horrible accuracy, terrifying accuracy bring the last wrath of Visari down upon the nation that had opposed them in the field. Slowly they descended through the clouds, the sight of Brisbane appearing in front of them and the warrior angels from above smiled that finally these people would pay for what they had done to Europe.

An explosion...then smoke...then death...

---

Sarah sighed as she walked down the streets of Brisbane, just as the sun was beginning to set under the western hills. Mostly everything was abandoned by now. The lights around the cafes and salons were dark, the normal merry-making that could be heard from the conservatories and taverns was silent and the parks were creepily dark without the conversation of Hanseatic aristocrats and small children playing with the lightening bugs in the dark below the trees' canopies. She had escaped death once again, but only barely, as after coming back to Brisbane after the war had ended, even with the Aotearoan quarantine she had fallen deathly ill and had languished in a bed for two weeks before even having the strength to walk. But now that she was out and about, weak, pale, and barely able to stand, she wished she had stayed in bed.

The total casualties were over three million dead and two million still in critical condition, leaving the other two million residents of the city hesitant to return. But with Aoteaoran help and medicine, the chances of survival for the two million were relatively good. But it still didn't amend the fact that so much death had been delivered to Brisbane and the Hansa in general. Nearly the entire government had been destroyed and people were reeling in pain. Sarah could barely contain her grief as she walked into the park where she had meet with Anthony Harlem days after receiving Brisbane as the the new home for her people. She walked over to the bench that looked down onto the Brisbane River in front of her and sighed.

"Everyone almost got off free...except for me..." She pushed her head into her hands and tried to think about better thoughts. "You do something that you believe is right and what happens, your capital city gets destroyed by the same madman that destroyed it five years ago." To be honest, she was happy that he was finally dead. Even if she died now, she, her people, and those who had died prior could now rest in peace. But the damage had been done and now it was time to begin rebuilding. She just wanted to get a little more emotion out first.

The shattered remains of the Hansa fluttered lightly in the night air above her as Sarah took out a lace handkerchief and bled her soul into its white texture. As she did, the moon began to brighten and the lights slowly began to turn back on, but it still didn't have that grandiose feeling that it had months prior.

As she sat the sounds of rustling through the trees caught her ears and when she turned her head a man was sitting next to her on the bench. He was old, skin aged, and the sight of a good meal throughout his life. Her eyes were still red and the eyeshadow was still running down her so she wanted to do anything to stop crying. But he had already noticed.

"You know its a late to be out like this little girl."

"Yeah I know." She took a quick deep breath. "I just don't really know where to go anymore. This is the only place I feel safe and I don't even feel safe anymore."

He turned and looked at her with confusion. "You can't go home?"

"I don't have a home."

He nodded and sighed. "Its tough isn't it. Not having a home." He looked out at the city. "But...but isn't this your home?"

"Why should it be." Sarah turned away from him. "Look at what I've done to all of them? Look at the death and the destruction and the failure."

"I don't see any of that." He leaned over and held his hand on her shoulder. "I see a leader that is still dedicated to her people, both the living and the dead. Sarah, you have done so much for this country, whether you realize it or not. You have done so much for the world whether you realize it or not."

"But the war..."

"Sarah...people die...your people died here. But did they not support the war?"

She nodded. "They supported it, yes."

"Then they knew the cost of that, you knew the cost of that. A madman did this to your people, not you." He looked down at the ground. "I heard you speaking to yourself as I walked over to sit down. You thought that it was the right thing to do, you saw in your eyes that many people in the world saw. That many people tried to fight against. But you fought against it, why should you be blamed for acting out your feelings." He smiled at her. "You lead with your heart, most lead with cold, hard, logic. Most would look at this death and say that they gave their lives for the glory of the state. But you tear yourself apart. You cry, you shake until you are beaten down, but then you rise, stronger than you were. But you have no faith in yourself. That's your problem. You see people yelling, crying out for you in horrible ways and you beat yourself down. But you're better than that. I know you are and your people know it too. Just have some faith."

The bench lifted up as the man got to his feet and the weight shifted on the old wooden bench. Sarah turned, but he was already gone and only a blue flower remained on the bench beside her. She looked out at the city and could feel her tears coming on again, but she was so tired that she couldn't even cry anymore. Picking up the flower from the bench she held it close to her heart as she walked back toward Solidor Manor.

The manor was abandoned, she in it alone, and maybe it was the joyfulness of the city that she missed so much. Walking upstairs Sarah sat on her bed and leaned back, the tears still running down her eyes. Tomorrow the gray clouds would have to leave, tomorrow things would have to change. Tomorrow, she would have to smile or the Hansa would not be able to smile back.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Public announcement*

Dranaggan industry has begun almost complete shift over to pure non-military goods and foodstuffs. 37% increase in food production, 76% increase in clothing and shoe production, 21% increase in commercial and industrial machine production.

Additionally Port Kurast has seven new keels for a re-designed large transport ship at this time.

*Public announcement*

Dranagg reports a 200% increase in Sock production. The workers of "Samson and Sam's Sock manufacturer and retail" have been awarded the Dranagg medal of citizenry.

*public announcement*

Canned foods production is up 50%, Machine parts up 11%, medical supplies up 32%, and, a new industry for Dranagg, light summer clothing has just started production.

Not many took notice of the announcements while the winds of the war were blowing, and it is doubtful that any who did would realize why they were being made. Announcements about tiny things that keep civilians happy and content usually doesn't make it into the news, and certainly not into the news about a world at war. Declarations of defensive motions or aggressive actions are the normal fare. All that came out of Dranagg was the sudden boost in production for the means of running a peace time nation.

Leaving Port Kurast was always a task. Ice was always present in one for or another, be it sea ice or ice bergs, and the trip was always dangerous. However for this journey all the ice breakers of Port Kurast were on duty keeping lanes clear as ships loaded up heavy and left for the North.

In a few days they would be sighted nearing their destination. Hanseatic Commonwealth lands. Especially those most recently hit by devastation from Europe. Everything from food and water to light bulbs and industrial machines. The preemptive wisdom of Dranaggan planners recognizing what will happen to their partner, and had started the creation of aid to arrive on such a large scale at such a vital early time. Not just a first response aid, but full convoys of supplies built from undamaged factories and mills.

Along with one military ship with heavy guard that contained a box addressed to Sarah. A short note with it read "From the people of The Republic of Dranagg to The Lady Protector." It contained the ring of the person responsible for this foresight.

georgeclooney3kings.jpg

And now, a statement from the Tsar of Molakia, by way of an undisclosed location in the Americas:

Ladies and gentlemen of the world. We see again today the horrors of Nordland, Germany, GNR, whatever you want to call it. I am glad that my people are safe...but the fact remains that MILLIONS of INNOCENT Hanseatic peoples are now DEAD. DEAD from a nordic madman.

I swear to the world that Molakia will NEVER alow this to happen again. Molakia has made its Hanseatic brothers and sisters suffer for so many days. Never again. As of this time, I have sent a request for as much aid as can be sent to Hansa as possible. Furthermore, I will personally visit the nation to invest my own time and Money into this land.

I have caused much pain in my years. It is time i try to fix that.

As for the Nords...forever will they be Molakian Enemies. Nordheim...consider our NAPs and other treaties null and void. We will not hesistate to wipe your pathetic nation from this planet if you DARE threaten another nation. 

Again, Molakians and Slavorussians. People of Tahoe and Wellington. Brothers and Sisters of the world. Lend your ears, your hands and your money to hansa. Thank you.

----

Off the Coast of Hansa

Near Brisbane, Hansa

"Hanseatic People this is the Molakian Relief force. We come bearing aid, money and the Tsar Himself to assist your peoples. We beg you to let us help you."

OOC: A very impressive post loved reading every bit of it :)

IC:

Following the events that had resulted from the Revolution the Government was now established and actions could be done to help Nations that amongst others due to them were hit hard by the war after a session with the Provisional Government it was clear. $100 billion was to be dedicated to the Reconstruction of the Hansa. At 8 AM on the Friday Morning over 20 Aircraft filled with Food and Medicine departed for the Commonwealth a few hours later a fleet of 25 Cargo Ships would to the same.

While we are not directly responsible for the Actions of the madman Visari we should have done more to stop him. Our Missile Defenses failed and as a result over 5 million people got hit and a paradise was destroyed. We can not and will not ignore what we have done. As such in coordination with the Provisional Government I hereby dedicate $100 Billion in the form of Food, Water, Medicine and Building Materials to the Hanseatic Commonwealth. I hope this will be sufficient to restore a beautiful city.

-Nadine A. Peacecraft

The Federal Republic of New Cymru is shocked and saddened by these events. While we are still recovering from our own losses, we will provide every possible comfort to the people left homeless from this disgusting attack. These were not only Hanseatic citizens killed, but Cymry as well. We wonder where the Strategic Defense Initiative of Promised Land was at this time, and why it was ineffective, however, that is no longer relevant. Cleanup teams have already been dispatched, and will be on location in a matter of hours. Engineers and logistics personnel are also on their way. Food, clean water, and shelter will be a reality once again within days, of that, we can assure you.

**Classified to Lady Tintagyl**

Milady, such things should not happen twice to a nation such as yours. They should not even happen once. I will personally come to meet with you before week's end, should you wish it, to offer my condolences and council.

Signed

General Kent Archer, Triumvir

Edited by Silhouette

Madame Unicorn watched as she saw the destruction unfold on the television screen before her. Black watery tears ran down her face as she watched, mesmerised, her heart aching. Suddenly, the screen went black as Constance switched the TV off with the remote.

"Oh Constance," Madame Unicorn sighed, "There is so much death and destruction in this evil world. But when it happens to the people you are closely allied with, and when your best friend's Capital is destroyed... It really does sink in harder than ever before."

The Madame slammed her hand down on the table and stood up, her face red with rage, her body shaking with fury. She threw a vase at the nearest wall, smashing into pieces, the flowers inside it falling to the floor as if to personify human emotion.

"DAMN THOSE %^$*ING GNR %^$#!*&@!!!"

The Madame ran off into her bedroom, screaming the whole way. She stops, and picks up her phone, before running back to her office and picking up the phone on her desk, punching in some numbers...

"Mobilise 15,000 troops immediately to Brisbane. Get food, water, blankets, and medicine. We need to help our friends"

Madame Unicorn then writes a note, ready to be sent off to The Lady Protector:

Dearest Sarah,

I cannot provide much, but I believe 15,000 troops armed with food, water, etc shall be enough to help. I am sorry I cannot do more.

I hope that you are able to rebuild quickly, and I wish you, the Diet, and all of Brisbane the best. I offer my condolences.

Yours,

Madame Unicorn.

She folds up the letter and sends it off to Brisbane, hoping it would find its way into Sarah's hands soon...

A note:

Dear Sarah,

I am saddened of what had happened in Brisbane many days ago. The Yuktobanian government will send in our transport unit to airdrop as much as 5 tons of aid a day, it was signed on by Prime Minister Zakhev himself. Also, I will be coming to Hanseatic Australia to meet with you personally.

I offer my condolences and hope to meet with you soon.

Catherine Reznov,

Foreign Minister of the Yuktobanian SFSR

The VNS Imperator, the flagship of the former Vaule Navy, headed along the coast towards Buryatia. The ship was being transferred to Buryatia with the former Princes of Vaule on board. Upon its arrival, the ship would be renamed the BNS Imperator once it entered into service with the Buryatia navy.

After receiving a short message from the Buryat Naval Command, the ship prepared to rendezvous with a small task force heading to the Hanseatic Commonwealth to carry out relief and radiation cleanup work. While the VNS Imperator rushed to meet the task force, the military had begun loading supplies, medicine, radiation management equipment and transport helicopters onto other BNS ships docked along the north coast of the country.

The central government has agreed to bring up a bill for aid to the Hanseatic Commonwealth as soon as the People’s Khural can hold an emergency session.

***Message to Lady Sarah Tintagyl and the government of the Hanseatic Commonwealth***

We have dispatched a convoy of ships to carry aid to the Hanseatic Commonwealth to assist in dispersing relief and humanitarian aid to those affected by the nuclear tragedy. We will be able to provide funds once the People's Khural holds an emergency session shortly. The task force is under the command of HFRH Prince Yuri Zenn, who insisted on leading the mission.

We request that the government of the Hanseatic Commonwealth give us detailed reports on the extent of the damages so that we can provide targeted aid in addition to our general aid dispersal.

Signed,

Government of the United Kingdom of Buryatia

***End of Message***

OOC: Inspiration

The docks of Brisbane were full, people said there was so much hatred in the world, but Sarah did not see much of it. People did care, people wanted to help, it was those few desperate individuals that were willing to cause all such chaos to hang onto their last enclave of power that disasters like this happened. The death was finally beginning to subside and the world had come to help her citizens in every way possible. Fresh food was available, medicine, water, living conditions were good again. But as Sarah stood looking out the windows of the Diet into the city below her, she couldn't help but feel absolutely terrible about everything. What had she done for her citizens? What had she done for her people to thank them for their sacrifice? For their valor? What of the dead? Didn't they deserve the same respect? Didn't they demand to be honored in everlasting life?

Sarah softly laid her head against the window and sighed.

---

It wasn't often that Sarah and her father were able to send actual quality time together, but when they did, she was uplifted beyond all feeling. So they sat on the edge of Helsinki harbor as they watch the sun beginning to set at the stars began to twinkle in the sky and reflected off the water that rippled gently below them. Her brother had died only a few months ago and since that time she had been pushed hard against the confines of society to become the heir to her father's work. But for the nineteen year old, who just wanted to go back to life before college, the melting vanilla ice-cream cone was enough to make her feel a little bit better. He told her there that it was now her duty to continue all the work that he had started and that there would be hardships beyond all hardships and that it was important that she was able to overcome those hardships.

---

"I don't think you meant biological terrorism." She looked back up at the sky and clenched her fists. "No! Something has to be done, I can't let this happen anymore! Not without the respect that they deserve."

---

When Sarah appeared to the population of Brisbane early on a June morning while the morning mist was still in the air, she came out in simple clothes, dirty blue jeans and a torn t-shirt. Her blonde hair hung messy over her shoulders and a shovel was slung behind her back. Thousands of people gathered in the square in front of the Diet with dazed and confused looks in their eyes. Silence always accompanied meetings like this and people still in a solemn mood turned their eyes up to the Lady Protector who appeared no better than the average citizen, for she knew more than anyone, that that's all she truly was.

Citizens of the Hansa! We have suffered a terrible attack by the last attempt to silence us by the madman Visari. He once did this to us in the past and there laid bodies in the streets dying from radiation and we had to leave our home in Europe to come to Austarlia. Now once again, the evil of Europe has effect our home in Australia. But I swear to you now, that he has been vanquished and that his reign of misery and hate has ended and that a greater new Hansa will arise from the one we have built here. I have not lost hope in this country, all of you, or the world as a whole and I hope that you haven't lost hope in me.

She turned up to the sky to her people that watched her from the heavens above and with with tears running down her face, she shouted.

I promise I will never give up this fight! I will never lay down and die! You deserve too much honor and your memory will never die with me! Though you are dead and gone, your memory will carry on and though we're broken and defeated I will continue to march for you! Please! My citizens! These people died in a horrible sacrifice! Please help me bury them!

And so it was...as late in the night as torches and candles and lanterns lit up the roads leading out of Brisbane as hundreds of thousands of Hanseatic citizens marched along side aid workers from around the world towards the barren fields twenty miles outside of the city. And as the days and weeks continued, millions of crosses appeared on the field. The millions that died in Helsinki were honored with the millions of died in Brisbane. If the Hansa was to be a culture of death, then they would show the world that they were not afraid to lay down their lives for a cause that they believed in and that while the body may die, the spirit would live on forever.

As they buried the dead, Sarah herself came across a young girl, only three years old when she was killed by the anthrax attack. With dirt in her hair and eyes, Sarah wiped away her own grime to touch the purity of this dead angel and looking back at the crosses that ran the hills she sighed and hugged the girl closer. She turned to the medic in charge of the bodies. "Do you know what the name of this girl is?"

He checked a clipboard and nodded. "Alexis O'Shea, Your Ladyship."

"Thank you." Sarah nodded and began to walk back towards the city, back to her bench where she felt most at peace. All night she spent digging the hole and after just as the sun was beginning to rise, she had finished burying Alexis next to where she was to be buried for the rest of eternity. Sarah sat back against the bench, the sweat running down her body, mixing with the dirt and the smell of death. But finally the world would realize that the Hansa would always honor their dead. Millions of crosses now stood on the fields outside of Brisbane.

Elysian Fields, that's what it was called. Where those who had got through so much suffering, would finally have rest and those that needed to carry on could look to, to find hope.

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

He had said much...too much.

Luis De Luit, Keeper of the Marchar....No, simple, young, still reeling Luis sat with his face in his hands.

It was a failure , the destruction that had engulfed the Beloved City of Brisbane. Worse, though all logic screamed against it, it was his failure. Was he not the Shield of the Hansa? was it not his duty to stand ever at the right hand of the Lady Protector and dispense her justice and defend her nation? His entire people had sworn themselves irrevocably to her defense, and to the defense of her people. They had joined the military in droves, gone to every defense related job they could, became police officers. A whole race of people, dedicated to service.

For what? What did it all mean, when the very people he loved were not safe?

Grief was an ocean for him, a sea around an island of his loneliness. His face a mask of grief, his fingers obscuring his features as he held his head in his hands. For longer than he'd known, he'd always put his own feelings aside, to put on the mask of command, to lead men into battle...the face he wore now only God had seen...and that woman.

Her...The Lady Protector, the heroic visionary of peace, a Queen in the minds of her people and so many others...a woman with a fragile heart kept constantly intact but her iron will and dedication. He drew on the strength of her conviction now as he raised himself up.

No more. No more would he allow the dirt and grime of this world to overcome the beauty and truth that lay at the heart of the Hansa. No more would he stand idly by when he saw the darkness come forward. The Peace that his lady desired...the peace that every mother and father prayed for, the peace that every soldier dreamed of, the peace the whole world ached for...they would make it happen. For if not them, then who? If not now, then when?

He stood, a slash of light illuminating his face, shining into the dark room where he'd lingered too long. He thought he saw Sarah step away from the door-frame, and he smiled. He would smile, and keep smiling, not for himself, but for her...her and the whole world.

"I'm ready."

A memo was sent to the Lady Protector,

"The Dragonisian Salvation Army has mobilized its emergency response division and is carrying 3000 doses of the Small Pox vaccine each. We request permission to enter your domain to help you fight the tide of disease afflicting your people in operation "Angels Descending". We can vaccinate up to 30 million people. "

Gao Rong,

Chairman of the Dragonisian Salvation Army

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

OOC:Out of all their songs off all their albums you picked that one :mellow::P

IC:

To the Lady Protector,
We wish to open our Hazmat teams to your disposal. You did much for us before we were able to stand on our feet and we wish to help you get back up on yours.
-Hun Sen

*Private*

Warner sat in his office, watching the destruction unfold. "Good God...nobody would wish that, not even on his worst enemy..." He wiped the tears beginning to form in his eyes. "This revolution we started...the bloodshed...hell, even the war we claimed was for the stability of the Fourth Reich..." He stood up and began walking out. "The Fourth Reich is gone. Kameran is dead. Pangong is what stands now."

*Public*

Pangong is truly sorry to hear of this. Although we may not have known the Commonwealth very well, the memories of the innocent people that lived there will always be in our hearts. As I speak, a memorial being built for those lost in our war will be extended to include those lost in the GNR-Marihiemm war as well as this incident.

The Republic of Free Somal Official Press Release

After careful consideration and consultation with medical experts we, the government of the Republic of Free Somal, find ourselves in a difficult position. It has come to our attention that Anthrax is easily treated with various antibiotics. Further, smallpox is treatable with reasonable success via vaccination for up to three days after exposure.

We the people of the Republic are staggered at the four million dead and ask why was such a thing allowed to happen? The world was not able to respond, or did Hansa have some motive for not allowing the world to respond?

Until such a time that we feel comfortable with even being in the same room with a government that from what we can determine outright murdered four million of its own citizens through what appears rank incompetence we will be severing all contact with the Hansa. A full embargo, for whatever that is worth, is put into place as well. All travel to any territory of Hansa is expressedly forbidden to a member of the Republic of Free Somal. Stringing Sarah Tintgayl up by the neck for these crimes, should she be found guilty, will not ease the pain of the millions lost. However, it will tilt the scales of justice ever so closely back to the proper position.

The Republic of Free Somal has no interest in communicating with Hansa at this time. We simply do not trust you enough to want to be bothered with such an effort.

-Mama Bob Denard

Edited by Firestorm

After careful consideration and consultation with medical experts we, the government of the Republic of Free Somal, find ourselves in a difficult position. It has come to our attention that Anthrax is easily treated with various antibiotics. Further, smallpox is treatable with reasonable success via vaccination for up to three days after exposure.

We the people of the Republic are staggered at the four million dead and ask why was such a thing allowed to happen? The world was not able to respond, or did Hansa have some motive for not allowing the world to respond?

Until such a time that we feel comfortable with even being in the same room with a government that from what we can determine outright murdered four million of its own citizens through what appears rank incompetence we will be severing all contact with the Hansa. A full embargo, for whatever that is worth, is put into place as well. All travel to any territory of Hansa is expressedly forbidden to a member of the Republic of Free Somal. Stringing Sarah Tintgayl up by the neck for these crimes, should she be found guilty, will not ease the pain of the millions lost. However, it will tilt the scales of justice ever so closely back to the proper position.

The Republic of Free Somal has no interest in communicating with Hansa at this time. We simply do not trust you enough to want to be bothered with such an effort.

-Mama Bob Denard

While it may be that the Hanseatic government had not expected to be attacked in a manner such as this, it is unconceivable how they came to such a train of thought while being at war with the mad leaders of the GNR.

Almost every time the GNR was in a serious war, they used some kind of weapons of mass destruction, and it should've been expected - not only by the Hansa, but by everyone - that such a thing could happen.

Where were the antibiotics and smallpox-shots within the first days of the attack? Were all of these countries so shocked and disorganised by this attack that they couldn't send any help? If so, it is outrageous.

Thus, similar to the Republic of Somal, Bavaria will, for the time being, not communicate with the Hansa until the issue is cleared up. With the proper precautions, millions could have been saved.

- King Maximilian III.

How many of us were expecting the ”Greater” Nordland Reich’s invasion of the Republic of Mariehamm?

Were we ready for the following escalation? It wouldn’t have taken the international community a week to agree on a response if we were prepared.

Nordland’s course in any war should be expected, but Hansa wasn’t expecting war, they weren’t ready .

You ask where the antibiotics and smallpox-shots were, but the answer is incredibly straightforward, Hansa simply gave too much.

Most of Hansa’s medical stockpiles were exported in support of White Cross activities; antibiotics were sent to combat the outbreak in mainland Asia, smallpox-shots were being distributed to those at risk in Africa.

Instead of pointing fingers consider offering a hand. If you don’t think the Hansan people are receiving adequate aid from their government try doing better yourself, we don’t have time to waste arguing, every moment wasted is another life lost.

Tropico2.gif

From the office of Generalissimo, Generalissimo of Procinctia

Edited by Generalissimo

While it may be that the Hanseatic government had not expected to be attacked in a manner such as this, it is unconceivable how they came to such a train of thought while being at war with the mad leaders of the GNR.

Almost every time the GNR was in a serious war, they used some kind of weapons of mass destruction, and it should've been expected - not only by the Hansa, but by everyone - that such a thing could happen.

Where were the antibiotics and smallpox-shots within the first days of the attack? Were all of these countries so shocked and disorganised by this attack that they couldn't send any help? If so, it is outrageous.

Thus, similar to the Republic of Somal, Bavaria will, for the time being, not communicate with the Hansa until the issue is cleared up. With the proper precautions, millions could have been saved.

- King Maximilian III.

OOC: Both of you are being quite ridiculous. Please consider the United States Of America; in comparison, even the Hansa could not rival it. And yet if a smallpox weapon went off here, we have nowhere near the stockpiles of shots and treatments we would need; doubly so for Anthrax. It would be a mass killer, and only the smallest of body politics could claim to have the capacity to treat the entirety of a city at once, or near so. We simply don't have the power of an autocrat to say "Do this" and make it so, it takes the combined efforts of the Congress and the President to make such funding possible. The logistics are mad, and the wealth of nations, both democracies and autocracies, are not unending.

IC:

Luis De Luit: "A country with as many economic and diplomatic concerns as the Hansa cannot invest in every possible measure of defense; nor do we have mass, government owned factories producing nothing but cure-alls and panacea's. We, in the conception of this war, were imagining nuclear, not biological, weapons of mass destruction, and with our limited funds and resources planned accordingly. Although we are the diplomatic envy of the free world, we are not a massive economic powerhouse as Tahoe or Viniland; we also strive and struggle with our economy, the same as every other nation. We also did not lead a super-state of merged nations; but a free alliance of countries who are nations in their own right; the logistics of planning even the most rudimentary of movements in such a case boggles the mind and is the realm of professors, princes, and commanding officers of the Coalition military forces. We value our allies greatly; were it not for them, the death and destruction would have spread beyond our capital city and rapidly engulfed the whole of the Australian state. We were sold medications and systems of treatment for prices that would make any respectable business grind its teeth in frustration; pharmaceutical companies across the Pacific and Allied territories will be reporting losses throughout the next quarter due to the unquestionable chivalry of many an honest businessman.

"We would also remind the world that the Lady Protector, for all her authority, is not an Empress or an Autocrat. She is the embodiment of the state; and at this time our state has not invested that kind of authority into any one figure, no matter how beloved. She is bound by laws, regulations, rules, and the considerations of the people. Perhaps if she had been invested with such supreme power, orders instead of negotiations would have been the focus of our body politic. But how can one expect even the greatest political minds to conceive of a desire for that, when the Lady Protector herself is one of the most vocal proponents of personal and political freedom?"

Edited by Margrave

OOC: Depending on the type of smallpox, it isn't treatable if it is one of the rare mutated versions that sit in storage at some labs. Moreover, Anthrax is a common disease; Anthrax being an overall deadly virus is a misnomer because there are, indeed, more than one version of Anthrax... the Anthrax associated with the events following the U.S Anthrax scare is incurable last I checked as it is fast-moving and completely intolerable to the immune system (this is the Armes Strain). Again, that's last I checked and that was a little bit ago... but the Vollum strain, I assume, would be the strain of choice for a biological weapon since it is by far the most potent and deadliest, of which has no vaccination to prevent and/or cure it. Moreover, Anthrax has been known to reinfect animals almost a century after being introduced to various environments, meaning the bacteria is very hardy in volatile climates.

IC:

Dear Lady Protector,

Our exposure to the people of Hansa may have been minimal, but unlike all of these people who squander for political gain and expedience, we understand the plight of your position.

We, as a nation bound by The Republic, have seen our fair share of wars and we worked under an administration (headed by Archon Mykep) that made great strides for international peace.

That is, despite what all others said, what had happened here. The international community refused to answer to the Nordic advance, and you stood up in the fog of war. You gathered a short-lived coalition that led to their piratically immediate dispersal. Those who operated in accordance with Hansa's actions should be ashamed of themselves for turning a blind eye toward the Commonwealth.

Chivalry in convenience is not a policy we have have undergone, and I will not begin here. It is with this letter that I offer any and all aid that the Commonwealth may need. May it be economic, medical, or military support, it is by your request that you shall have it.

We wish you and your people the best of luck and our humble condolences for those who lost their lives by the byproducts of insanity and disillusionment.

Sincerely, and with the greatest regards,

Prefect Lord Kilik Torqameda,

United Mechodamian States