Why the Karma War has Kept Me in the Game

bkphysics

Before this whole Karma conflict started I was heading down the path of deletion. My interest in the game was waning, I stopped using IRC, and what time I had for CN was spent simply 'running through the motions' and chatting to some people every once in a while. The only thing keeping me vaguely interested in CN was the OWF, but at this time even this was becoming mundane and dead.

The first pulse of life started to come when TWiP appeared for the first time. To me this kept me interested and helped me to think that maybe some changes would be coming. Then tensions started to rise and people began to get their voices, to realize their own value beyond being part of the NPO lead world. With the new fervor these things were stirring up I found myself spending more time reading the OWF and keeping track of the discussions that were going on.

As time progressed, I started to lose faith again as what seemed a movement for change started to stall out and sputter. The once proud voices were becoming quiet and it seemed people were going to find further content in a uni-polar world. At this point, I found myself frustrated with what was going on and had the feeling nothing would ever change. I even found myself on the deletion page, just one click away from ending the mundane trials of futility I had observed for the past years.

Then things started to pick up. Alliances started leaving the hegemony, people began speaking out again, and what had become the status quo was being drastically changed. Then the unthinkable happened. The NPO overstepped their bounds and engaged OV during peace deliberations. In the past this would of resulted in a lot of people grumbling and moaning about what the NPO did but eventually just going along with it. However the seeds were planted by now and the voice of change was upon us. No longer would the 'pawns' accept such actions and they finally realized the power of Bob is not controlled in the heart of Francograd. Karma was formed and Bob was given a new status quo.

I am no longer interested in quitting CN. I am eager to see the end of this Karma war and the fallout from it. What alliances will seek more power? What will the NPO do? Who will become the new superpower? How will alliances react to the realization that public opinion now carries with it consequences for grievous actions?

The times are now exciting again and I look forward to the future Karma has helped shape.

Thank you Karma for giving this player a breath of fresh air and a new volatility in this world we call Bob.

I am no longer interested in quitting CN. I am eager to see the end of this Karma war and the fallout from it. What alliances will seek more power? What will the NPO do? Who will become the new superpower? How will alliances react to the realization that public opinion now carries with it consequences for grievous actions?

The times are now exciting again and I look forward to the future Karma has helped shape.

I fully approve of your statement. :P

Seriously, I expect the coming months to be the most exciting since I signed up spring 07. (So yes, I'm not that old, but still it is a considerable amount of time.)

What a coincidence! The Karma war has kept me in the game too, but for different reasons (you know, survival of alliance, etc). I was slowly getting bored until I checked my nation one day and saw 18 unread messages...

I think that was my happiest moment in CN. Finally, people did something about it.

What a coincidence! The Karma war has kept me in the game too, but for different reasons (you know, survival of alliance, etc). I was slowly getting bored until I checked my nation one day and saw 18 unread messages...

I think that was my happiest moment in CN. Finally, people did something about it.

Oh wow, that reads as an admission. :P

Seriously though, I'm happy you agree with this sentiment of excitement of a new era. Though I must note that we still have to conclude the past era...

Heck, I'm on the losing side of this war, and I still have to concur. This war has been incredibly exciting, and I imagine the future months will as well.

I am very glad this conflict happened, it has been a great experience, and I have learned a lot, about politics, warfare, and just about the history of the past, to which I never paid much attention too.

Agree with OP in regards that this war has made the game interesting again.

The CN forums are alive again.

For the NPO the challenge is to rebuild. To shoot for the top again.

For the Karma coalition, the baton has been passed. It is an opportunity to make a mark in the history of Cybernation. Who among you shall carry the torch?

Indeed, exciting times we live in.

"I will rest when I die"

Oddly, I find myself more bored after this war.

I can't help myself but think "The more things change, the more they stay the same."

What you give is what you get. Heh. Sister Midnight's wisdom has stayed with me all these years.

We fought hard for this. I hope we, as a community, don't blow it in favour of some trumped-up roleplay of "stability" and "security".

The future is one of many possibilities for many peoples and alliances. It should be good times ahead, for all folks and that includes NPO as well. As soon as they accept some damn peace terms.

The future is one of many possibilities for many peoples and alliances. It should be good times ahead, for all folks and that includes NPO as well. As soon as they accept some damn peace terms.

NPO is following the same strategy they've been following from the moment they shoved a third of the alliance into peace mode. They've turned it into a battle of will at this point, which gives them the advantage as they're on home turf and are a single alliance fighting a loose organisation of many alliances that don't always necessarily agree.

I doubt they'll accept terms any time soon. Welcome to August 2006.

NPO is following the same strategy they've been following from the moment they shoved a third of the alliance into peace mode. They've turned it into a battle of will at this point, which gives them the advantage as they're on home turf and are a single alliance fighting a loose organisation of many alliances that don't always necessarily agree.

I doubt they'll accept terms any time soon. Welcome to August 2006.

Yeah, but while they have the histories of such locked away in their library so does the world have their versions of what happened back then. While I agree the coalition is indeed fractured, it is not completely fractured and what is holding it together is the desire to see NPO humbled. I do not see that desire disappearing at all.

The problem is NPO is horrible at seeing what it does not touch. Hence why they did not see the building coalition, if they did, they wouldnt have pushed OV over that silliness. Now if they were to see the resolve to not be like the first coalition that fell apart while fighting the NPO then they might realize what they are doing to themselves. Unfortunately their sight only goes as far as their hands.

This war also kept me from deletion. More than once I'd log in and notice it had been fifteen or so days since my last collection. "Has it been that long since I last logged in?" I would wonder. I'm lucky I didn't delete by accident from sheer lack of interest over the past year.

I too am interested in seeing what the next year brings. It will be fun to rebuild my nation. Trying to climb up a lousy 10 ranks from #700 to #690 was pretty boring. I am interested in trying to rebrand my alliance in the post-war world. New ideas, new priorities, and a new world to do practice them in. I think it will be fun.

I've mostly had fun fighting the war too. Sparta was definitely the most fun to fight: no haters, entertaining foes to exchange messages with, and people who grasp the core concept that this is a *game* we are playing together. FOK fought the best, but you guys are so dour. Cheer up. I've never fought anyone so depressed when they were winning. Have a cookie. :)

I admit I'm pretty bored with the war now, but doing the same thing every day for 60 days bores me. I think we've played out Act I and it's time for Act 2. As someone who just got the bejeezus kicked out his nation, I'm not grasping where all this long-term bitterness comes from because someone blew up your pixels three years ago. We fought, I lost. It was a game.

I'm not grasping where all this long-term bitterness comes from because someone blew up your pixels three years ago. We fought, I lost. It was a game.

You still have your alliance, your home. Others do not.

In the future, i'd like to see color-blocs carry more weight than what has been more prevalent in the past. Seems every sphere creates a color-based bloc, that simply gets ignored with the "larger" and more important treaties get activated.

I want turf war - not treaty web hell.

:)