Will NPO's membership revolt?

Fort Pitt

Will NPO's membership revolt?  

780 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Good, good. Now, tell me, Imperial Officer, where did your alliance get those logs?

Thanks for the promotion, but I'm not an Imperial Officer. (P.S. You can check the NPO wiki to verify that as well). Well from reading the logs it looks like sethb was the one copy and pasting the conversation and that was in one of the meetings between TORN and OV? I don't know I wasn't there.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am amused by those who are talking about how free and open discussion in NPO is. When I dared to suggest that NPO was partially responsible for the deterioration in relations with NpO (though I had pointed out several times, including in that post, that NpO was the main culprit; the left reason I NpO for NPO was Sponge's actions) I was mocked by an IO as well a couple other random Pacificans and received a message telling me to "go suck sponge's dick somewhere else" from someone who was senior member and a high ranked milcom official (and various other less vulgar but almost as insulting messages). NPO was only open in the sense that you could describe in great detail just how much you loved Moo and just how evil/stupid/cowardly all past, present and future enemies of NPO were.

Edited by essenia

Thanks for the promotion, but I'm not an Imperial Officer. (P.S. You can check the NPO wiki to verify that as well). Well from reading the logs it looks like sethb was the one copy and pasting the conversation and that was in one of the meetings between TORN and OV? I don't know I wasn't there.

Sorry for giving you that much credit. By the way, can you ask around for me? I'm really curious as to how those logs landed in your alliance's lap.

Bilrow this is my favorite part

[17:28] <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> <Demeanor[blackstone]> NPO has an anti-spy feature

[17:28] <sethb[OV-DepMoFO]> <Demeanor[blackstone]> it's embedded in the image

Every time I hear it, I laugh at the idiocy of it all, that somehow you have convinced the world of technology that DOES NOT EXIST ... well at least not in a jpeg or png, gif I'll give ya that one, however it would have to be put in after creation.

Sorry for giving you that much credit. By the way, can you ask around for me? I'm really curious as to how those logs landed in your alliance's lap.

You should probably private message BigWoody?

Bilrow this is my favorite part

Every time I hear it, I laugh at the idiocy of it all, that somehow you have convinced the world of technology that DOES NOT EXIST ... well at least not in a jpeg or png, gif I'll give ya that one, however it would have to be put in after creation.

The old GGA forums have them still from when I programmed them in almost two years ago. I'm not even aware of the security methods employed on our forums, but that's not really a concern since I don't give out screenshots. :)

Edited by Bilrow

The old GGA forums have them still from when I programmed them in almost two years ago. I'm not even aware of the security methods employed on our forums, but that's not really a concern since I don't give out screenshots. :)

Give me 10 minutes, lets put this to rest RIGHT NOW !!!

I'm gona have friend grab a screenie from the NPO boards, I will then re-host on my account, if you and your goons can tell me who took the original screen, I'll pay 50 million of the billions your about to owe... BRB

<Moo-Cows> you know as well as I that every alliance accepts information

There is a difference between accepting information critical to the security of your alliance and accepting information that you have no business knowing.

Argue that all you want.

Give me 10 minutes, lets put this to rest RIGHT NOW !!!

I'm gona have friend grab a screenie from the NPO boards, I will then re-host on my account, if you and your goons can tell me who took the original screen, I'll pay 50 million of the billions your about to owe... BRB

If you had read my post...

The old GGA forums have them still from when I programmed them in almost two years ago. I'm not even aware of the security methods employed on our forums, but that's not really a concern since I don't give out screenshots.

So giving me anything won't prove anything.

There is a difference between accepting information critical to the security of your alliance and accepting information that you have no business knowing.

I don't think you were trying to be funny, but I can't stop laughing nonetheless. Bravo, sir.

I am amused by those who are talking about how free and open discussion in NPO is. When I dared to suggest that NPO was partially responsible for the deterioration in relations with NpO (though I had pointed out several times, including in that post, that NpO was the main culprit; the left reason I NpO for NPO was Sponge's actions) I was mocked by an IO as well a couple other random Pacificans and received a message telling me to "go suck sponge's dick somewhere else" from someone who was senior member and a high ranked milcom official (and various other less vulgar but almost as insulting messages). NPO was only open in the sense that you could describe in great detail just how much you loved Moo and just how evil/stupid/cowardly all past, present and future enemies of NPO were.
Believe it or not, I have discussed and proposed many things such as that without being reprimanded or anything of the sort; either a) you made the whole thing up, B) You did much more than you stated here, or c) Said your thing at the wrong time

Just because you hate us doesn't mean the NPO sucks. If it did, I wouldn't have stayed here for nearing 3 years.

Back to topic:

In fact, the general attitude in the NPO is that Karma are hypocrites; quite united, the opposite of what this poll suggests.

Edited by F15pilotX

Believe it or not, I have discussed and proposed many things such as that without being reprimanded or anything of the sort; either a) you made the whole thing up, cool.gif You did much more than you stated here, or c) Said your thing at the wrong time

There have been others who said disgruntled things (JT was quite harsh in his criticisms, but he was quite senior and also had the advantage of being NPO's official troll), but what I say is true. You can find the old thread in I think the Office of the Emperor.

Edited by essenia

I did, however somehow you convinced the world and your alleys of your superior spy catching technology, today lets put my money where your mouth is...

showmeyourskilz.jpg

Please enlighten us who took this screen shot just minutes ago ...

I did, however somehow you convinced the world and your alleys of your superior spy catching technology, today lets put my money where your mouth is...

showmeyourskilz.jpg

Spy! ZI him!

Argue that all you want.

A very subjective and squishy difference for your board lawyers to have fun arguing with, yes. Just about any piece of information you could think of, one could argue on the one hand was at least potentially critical to ones security and simultaneously you could make the other argument as well.

In contrast, the difference between spying and receiving information is clear and unambiguous. Every attempt is being made to blur that distinction but it only works on those who are dead set on finding some excuse, any excuse, for what NPO did.

Now, I said at the time, and I will stand by it - IF the NPO had come to OV playing the heavy with their "evidence" in a legitimate attempt to counter Blackstone, I would have been supportive of that. Blackstone was spying, the evidence showed there was a connection of some sort with Sethb, it would have been legitimate to try and use that as a lever to get cooperation and information to use against Blackstone.

Instead Blackstone were allowed to go their own way, peacefully and unmolested, while apparently handing over the "evidence" to the NPO as a love token. Now why Blackstone was sending love tokens to their supposed arch-enemies there is a question for another day, but it's hard not to suspect the obvious.

At any rate, as there was no focus on the actual spies and no attempt to get at them, the evidence of spying just has no logical connection to the assault on OV.

Like I said again...

I'm not even aware of the security methods employed on our forums, but that's not really a concern since I don't give out screenshots.

So asking me is a futile and pointless excercise.

showmeyourskilz.jpg

You know, you really should think before you post. He JUST STATED that he didn't know what if any security measures are employed.

All I can ask is:

lolpico.png

:P

Edited by F15pilotX

A very subjective and squishy difference for your board lawyers to have fun arguing with, yes. Just about any piece of information you could think of, one could argue on the one hand was at least potentially critical to ones security and simultaneously you could make the other argument as well.

In contrast, the difference between spying and receiving information is clear and unambiguous. Every attempt is being made to blur that distinction but it only works on those who are dead set on finding some excuse, any excuse, for what NPO did.

Now, I said at the time, and I will stand by it - IF the NPO had come to OV playing the heavy with their "evidence" in a legitimate attempt to counter Blackstone, I would have been supportive of that. Blackstone was spying, the evidence showed there was a connection of some sort with Sethb, it would have been legitimate to try and use that as a lever to get cooperation and information to use against Blackstone.

Instead Blackstone were allowed to go their own way, peacefully and unmolested, while apparently handing over the "evidence" to the NPO as a love token. Now why Blackstone was sending love tokens to their supposed arch-enemies there is a question for another day, but it's hard not to suspect the obvious.

At any rate, as there was no focus on the actual spies and no attempt to get at them, the evidence of spying just has no logical connection to the assault on OV.

Fallacies, fallacies. I bolded them.

1. Blackstone was already in war with us the nations that we knew of and were already a target.

2. They didn't hand over the evidence to NPO.

3. SethB is the one who admitted to it and produced the logs to TORN and whomever else was in the room during the negotiation. So you'd have to ask TORN how they found out.

But that's ok in this brave new world where spying is ok, I'm sure Gremlins won't have a problem and will do nothing when a spy is caught on your forums, even as far as screenshots of your war chests, otherwise you'd be hypocritical.

Edited by Bilrow

But that's ok in this brave new world where spying is ok, I'm sure Gremlins won't have a problem and will do nothing when a spy is caught on your forums, even as far as screenshots of your war chests, otherwise you'd be hypocritical.

Doubt they wouldn't have a problem with it; i also doubt that them or most other people (with a common sense imo) would go to war with the alliance that accepted information over this. Sure it was a dumb thing to do, even dumber to spread it around (that's the main reason it managed to get out in the first place unless Blackstone were playing double agents), but that was no CB material and most people in CN do agree.

Then again NPO did go to war for far less in it's time, the only difference is that you had full backing from most of CN each time. It's a shame people accepted to back you up so many times while you took extreme measures against so many communities because it was the easier way to "weild" your power, but oh well.

If Blackstone ever did something to actually hurt the NPO I'd believe you that the logs came from OV after being pressed.

Otherwise it doesn't make sense how your alliance would have even gotten the information in the first place about a harmless query that had no relevance whatsoever.

"Hey we think OV might have had one of their members accept a screen shot from our forums"

"Lets go see if we can force them to give up logs to convict them"

"Oh hey they actually did have something!?"

"Bonus!"

showmeyourskilz.jpg

You know, you really should think before you post. He JUST STATED that he didn't know what if any security measures are employed.

All I can ask is:

lolpico.png

:P

The dog says all

GOD Freelancer you are either stupid, thick as a brick or got dropped at birth or something, I recognise that screenshot and its Pacifica's Lounge, which is

OPEN TO ANYONE WHO REGISTERS ON PACIFICA FORUMS regardless of being NPO or not

I do not think you are gonna get Moos secret recipe for War and Nuclear Pwnages in there if you are so busy looking for it unless Moo had the biggest brain fart since George W Bush

So unless you get a screenie of Moos recipe and are thick enough to dump it here I stand by my statement on security for NPO forums which is sound enough at this point in time

The dog says all

GOD Freelancer you are either stupid, thick as a brick or got dropped at birth or something, I recognise that screenshot and its Pacifica's Lounge, which is

OPEN TO ANYONE WHO REGISTERS ON PACIFICA FORUMS regardless of being NPO or not

I do not think you are gonna get Moos secret recipe for War and Nuclear Pwnages in there if you are so busy looking for it unless Moo had the biggest brain fart since George W Bush

So unless you get a screenie of Moos recipe and are thick enough to dump it here I stand by my statement on security for NPO forums which is sound enough at this point in time

So what your saying is, Bilrow can't go to the government of NPO (which he is supposedly part of) and find someone who does know the security traits and then prove to us all that NPO truly can find whoever took it? Public Forum or not it's still part of their forum and would still work towards proving a point so you are either stupid, thick as a brick or got dropped at birth or something.