Will NPO's membership revolt?

Fort Pitt

Will NPO's membership revolt?  

780 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. The Masses of Pacifica are too clueless as to why they're fighting, what the terms are, etc. to stage a revolt. And by what I've seen, the government is too patriotic (or addicted to Moo's udders) to coup.

Nope. The Masses of Pacifica are too clueless as to why they're fighting, what the terms are, etc. to stage a revolt.

That must be why we post it all in our main public forum, so that it remains a secret and no one reads it :D

Paranoic assumptions ftl

NO. That part was only for GGA you fool.

Right, but now that I get to think for GGA, Bilrow was reassigned ;)

edit to add

That must be why we post it all in our main public forum, so that it remains a secret and no one reads it :D

Paranoic assumptions ftl

Considering how often people misrepresent it, who are NPOers, you might want to seriously consider making it a board announcement.

Edited by ender land

Nope. The Masses of Pacifica are too clueless as to why they're fighting, what the terms are, etc. to stage a revolt. And by what I've seen, the government is too patriotic (or addicted to Moo's udders) to coup.

Actually the outside masses are so clueless they talk about what they don't know. Wait that us... no thats you.....no u, no u

There I just gave you the next 2 pages of posts, so now you can go and find something original :)

And don't diss the udders until you have had a taste... MMMM with Nutella for the win :)

Please, explain GRE's interest in this matter.

They aren't at war with you, and they are against high reparations for the most part.

Now, please explain the manipulated ideals you have that lead you to believe GRE has a reason going for them to lie to hurt you, so we may amuse ourselves as well :)

Well, it's true that Gramlins are backpedalling furiously now that this war has turned into a fiasco, and I'm sure once the histories are written they will be mere shadowy figures somewhere in the background, which must be frustrating for the architects of at least half of the war.

Well, it's true that Gramlins are backpedalling furiously now that this war has turned into a fiasco, and I'm sure once the histories are written they will be mere shadowy figures somewhere in the background, which must be frustrating for the architects of at least half of the war.

NPO's frustrated by that? Why?

That post totally makes sense.

Gremlins clearly have changed their principles.

Ohwait, they have always been in favor of limited terms and easy peace terms, not harsh terms, always been economic geniuses, and have the same principles they always have. Nothing has changed about Gremlins, despite your attempts to convince the public otherwise.

I have an issue. Why is the NPO acting like a religious cult?

At those who spout that NPO knows why they go to war, why is there a wall of text in the Open World RP that displays a complete lack of knowledge about the war's cause on an NPO member's part, which is acknowledged by the author to be the government's fault for not relaying information to membership?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the run-on-ish sentence.

No no no, you have it wrong! Bilrow is not one of those IMPERIAL LACKEYS that needs to tell us all how to think, Enderland.

Really... You guys haven't considered that perhaps we like who and what we are? Have you?

Comrade Elegarth - they probably have not considered it because they cannot comprehend it. Understanding this would require people to like themselves.

Its kind of like a circle trying to comprehend a sphere - they see a part of it but really are not capable of "getting it".

Comrade Elegarth - they probably have not considered it because they cannot comprehend it. Understanding this would require people to like themselves.

Funny our alliance got quite a bit of criticism for the reasons we are NOT like your alliance, and I have absolutely no problem with the reasons we did get that fire.

Your absolutely right. The Gremlins of one year ago would have NEVER asked for zero reps from IRON :awesome:

I have an issue. Why is the NPO acting like a religious cult?

At those who spout that NPO knows why they go to war, why is there a wall of text in the Open World RP that displays a complete lack of knowledge about the war's cause on an NPO member's part, which is acknowledged by the author to be the government's fault for not relaying information to membership?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the run-on-ish sentence.

As I have said, it is a Cult of Personality. In such places, rationality is not necessarily the rule of behavior. They claim rationality is the driving force behind the Order in the guise of Francoism but that is merely a selling point.

Personalities high up the chain in the cult can say what they like internally and it will be taken as truth simply due to who said it. You see the amount of NPO posters at a higher number then I have ever seen possibly. What this tells me is that someone very high in the Cult of Personality said it was necessary now for NPO members to represent their side of the story publically. The high ranking Personalities are staying very quiet for the most part because they know they will just get attacked. They want to gain favor somehow with the world by showing the normal members with their thoughts and their plights. In return for this service, these regular members hope to gain favor from the Personalities and in turn begin to have their name rise up in the cult.

Considering how active the NPO forum is and how internalized most of the alliance is rather then reaching out to other alliances, it definately resembles a cult. You can control what a person thinks by controlling what they read and see. That is why this latest maneuver of theirs to show a new face of the NPO to the world may end up biting them. For these lower personalities presented to the world may in turn begin to reach out and suddenly doctrine begins to crumble.

Its kind of like a circle trying to comprehend a sphere - they see a part of it but really are not capable of "getting it".

I assure you Xantha, I get it.

Edited by HeinousOne

As I have said, it is a Cult of Personality. In such places, rationality is not necessarily the rule of behavior. They claim rationality is the driving force behind the Order in the guise of Francoism but that is merely a selling point.

Personalities high up the chain in the cult can say what they like internally and it will be taken as truth simply due to who said it. You see the amount of NPO posters at a higher number then I have ever seen possibly. What this tells me is that someone very high in the Cult of Personality said it was necessary now for NPO members to represent their side of the story publically. The high ranking Personalities are staying very quiet for the most part because they know they will just get attacked. They want to gain favor somehow with the world by showing the normal members with their thoughts and their plights. In return for this service, these regular members hope to gain favor from the Personalities and in turn begin to have their name rise up in the cult.

Considering how active the NPO forum is and how internalized most of the alliance is rather then reaching out to other alliances, it definately resembles a cult. You can control what a person thinks by controlling what they read and see. That is why this latest maneuver of theirs to show a new face of the NPO to the world may end up biting them. For these lower personalities presented to the world may in turn begin to reach out and suddenly doctrine begins to crumble.

OOC: Boy, I wish I knew how to brainwash people over the internet before this. Thank you for pointing it out to me. I will study all these techniques, and use it to make billions over the internet. I mean honestly, we're so good, why use our skills on a game? Let's go make money!

OOC: Boy, I wish I knew how to brainwash people over the internet before this. Thank you for pointing it out to me. I will study all these techniques, and use it to make billions over the internet. I mean honestly, we're so good, why use our skills on a game? Let's go make money!

I was hoping you might build up the resolve to respond to me, but this is what you come up with? An OOC statement that is still an IC comment of propaganda made to try and belittle my post?

Thank you for the compliment because if that is truly the best you got then I must have been spot on.

That just furthers his point. No substance in your statement made to even try to refute a serious argument. Just weak, watered-down propoganda.

This happens to some degree in every alliance with members who have been there for extended periods of time.

This happens to some degree in every alliance with members who have been there for extended periods of time.

Yet, here we are in a war in which the world wishes to seriously damage and punish the NPO. They have risen to where they were because they were many times better at such then every other alliance. I will compliment them for what the have succeeded at.

*shakes head* While our culture lends itself to the ideals of Francoism, you have misplaced where our cause is. In fact I think that is biggest issue here. The NPO is not a matter of a cult of personality but rather a group of people that strive for a goal. That goal can be achieved by a million different methods, we happen to like ours and that is what unifies us, not a single person or those ideals, but rather how we CHOOSE to execute. To attempt to state rationality doesn't exist (yet cover your own words by saying its not "necessarily the rule of behavior.") is simply poppy$@. You feel as if just because an IO or Moo says something its true. In a vacuum that is true, what you fail (intentionally) to mention is how EVERY SINGLE TIME there is an issue, we are given the information in whole. EVEN when it may look bad for us. But then I wouldn't expect anyone who dislikes the NPO to WANT to see that.

You yourself know in the past (and still true now) the members BEG to be able to post because they get tired of the BS that is flung against us, our alliance, our allies, our leaders and our general members. They want to post on the outrage we feel when people feign brotherhood and like cause, only until they have what they perceive as a chance to "one up" the NPO. Our active membership is VERY aware and very educated as to CN. To continue to insult them is to beg for our rage to grow. But then that too suits your cause doesn't it?

You hit the crux of the matter with your last bit. Reach out to other alliances. Why? Why should we? Every time we have, we have been bit only to watch them cry foul as if they were wronged. Its a great time for other alliances to take the top seat. We have admitted our errors, we will grow from them. Pray you don't grow to be the grass under our feet, because in all seriousness, you will not see the NPO have a revolt because we are one. Keep the terms and other bs the way you have it, you only fuel our rage. And once this is done, NPO will be stronger and you will sit in fear wondering when we will settle the debts being made :)

We don't need to follow blindly, makes us bad soldiers and leaders. We see you and we want you to see us, always forward Pacifica Prevails

I have been wondering, if the NPO government keeps the war up because they wont accept terms presented to them, will there be a point where the membership will revolt? or another government member will stage a coup?

You seem to have missed the posts from numerous members of the Body Republic indicating that they're demanding Moo not accept the terms that have been presented to them so far.

My guess is they'd revolt if Moo did accept them, not the other way around.

Perhaps you did not get the point: The idea that you can brainwash people or form a personality cult over this kind of medium is laughable. I laughed at it when I first saw it 3 years ago, and I laugh at it now. Your entire argument is nothing more than an ad hominem fallacy attempting to discredit every single opinion a member of the New Pacific Order offers by associating their opinions with "brainwashing" and thus undermining their legitimacy.

You know why that is a fallacy? Because your argument for 'proving' us wrong is "you're posting what you are told to post". You do not address the content of what we write. And if you are going to try and sell off "You are a personality cult" or anything that attempts to prove a point by denigrating the opposing team as a serious argument, then all I can say is that I pity you.