Liga Mundo - Season 6

Botha

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Cat, that's not really fair to say because you are on the same points as three other teams :P. Points are the most important thing, and I don't think there's been too many instances in Liga Mundo when goal difference actually had a big part to play in seperating teams - actually I'll check.

All instances:

- Dahab v Corinthians: LM1, 42 pts

- FC Hetrijke v Hanslope Hornets v Franciscan Monks: LM1, 35 pts

- FC Stalybridge v Redemptio Reds: LM3 Segunda, 15pts

- Rivindell FC v MK Dons: LM3 Tercera, 20 pts

- VolNation Volunteers v Atletico Luz Del Mar: LM5 Primera, 21 pts

- 1984 Duckies FC v Estrella Roja: LM5 Primera, 16 pts

- Swamplandia Sinners v SiPS: LM5 Primera, 11 pts

- PEI FC v Clyde Albion: LM5 Segunda, 10 pts

- Dun Carrig Bohs v FC Jekerger: LM5 Tercera, 28 pts and +19 goal difference, seperated on goals scored (26-25)

- Boltania v Compostela Artois: LM5 Tercera, 16 pts

can your youth squad people be wrong? Or am I blind...?

Not that I am aware. So my guess is you are blind :P My understanding is all youth squad info and that gained from paying for scouting is 100% accurate.

I wouldn't worry too too much as he's a forward so you'll face less risk playing him for development than say exposing a 2 or 3 bar defender to the onslaught of Primera offenses. I've got a 2-bar forward and he's picked up 2 points already in 5 games - which is better than some of my star midfielders and forwards.

The thing with those kind of players is at that age it is really really easy to keep form up to almost max, so much of the time they are really +1 and +2 their bar strength. And when he does play at 1 or 2 bars, well even top players (especially moody) have crap games too some days.

Also you have a decent shot at a double-bar jump next progress report so long as you play him a lot (like double the required to get him to 100% experience).

Well, I don't think I'll be playing him too much even if I do...

Primera is really competitive and at the top of the table and with two teams biting at your feet - or trying to, I can't really risk it much... I guess in the dead rubber matches in the Cup perhaps or in friendlies at the end of the season.

Unless I get a good price for him :P

On the two bar thing and the youth system...

The information you recieve about the player is his/her name, age, position and an estimate of his/her skill made by the trainer of the youth team. This estimate is not always correct but in most cases the youth trainer has good knowledge of his youth players.

That's from the Rules on Xpert11

Primera is really competitive and at the top of the table and with two teams biting at your feet - or trying to, I can't really risk it much

Defensively I would agree it's tough to develop talent, but for offensive players not so much a risk. Also I wouldn't be surprised if experience is also slightly influenced by opposition.

On the Welwitschias I have what was a 4-bar midfielder junior prospect by the name of Vorster de Vries that I played the snot out of last season. He ended up bagging 11 points (3G,8A I believe) and then went up by 2 bars. I'd say that was a risk which paid off more than handsomely.

About youth players, how often do you guys get talents that do not have bad traits? The last one I got was 18, had four bars but was fragile and moody. The one before that was 17 and three bars but big-mouthed and a diva. >_>

Agreed, not that often. I think my last prospect offered was fragile and diva. Riiiiight...

But what I find even more hilarious is the suggested signings from the transfer wire. Often they are these guys who are way above my budget.

Out of my four X11 teams, in the year and half I have been playing X11 I can only think of 6 really decent junior prospects I have picked up: Detlef Botha (5 bar midfielder, freekicker plus one hidden), Balthazar Botha (4-bar forward, one hidden), Stien van Buyten (3-bar midfielder, intelligent), and Mark Verwayen (3-bar, midfielder with heading) - plus two guys with my Welwitschia squad: Boyke Chan Carl (6 bar fullback freekicker), and Vorster de Vries (4-bar midfielder with powerful shot).

My two other teams haven't seen anyone really outstanding.

I'd say Detlef Botha and Boyke Chan Carl have been the best right off the bat, BC Carl was better than most of my fullbacks at the time... although Vorster de Vries did jump by 2-bars after a steller season.

My two other teams haven't seen anyone really outstanding

LOL I spoke too soon... just checked in with my official X11 team and I got a new talent; 18-year-old forward, 5 bars with toughness. I'll probably take him onboard as I have a fullback heading out on transfer in a few days.

Mind you it is hit and miss sometimes with the negative abilities. Seems to depend on the player.

Moody players can be a real boon sometimes as they all seem to have their own unique characteristics. I have one who's been on my squad since Season 1 who more often than not plays better than worse his bar level. He might have 1 or 2 games under each season, while the rest he's usually +2 over. But then I had another (Gert Grünholz) who very rarely played over his bar-rating once he hit age 32.

And on other teams I have had fragile players who never get hurt. And haven't seen anything notice with any bigmouth players picking up extra cards or anything. That said but I try to avoid signing divas, bigmouths, and fragiles.

Week 6 in La Liga

-Lutherville Press (LP)

Match of the Week

Atlético Luz Del Mar @ Arcadia FC

The best match this week is a no-brainer. Unfortunately following last week's results the match has lost a bit of it's luster. Arcadia still hold the top spot in the table despite failing to pick up any points last week on the road at the Duck Pond. However their lead over Atlético is a bit of an illusion as they have had the benefit of an extra game day to collect points.

Atlético are also coming off a disappointing loss last week as the perennially difficult Volunteers proved to be too much to handle. Atlético hope to be able to rebound this week on the road as a victory will put them in control of the league.

At least one of these teams (both in the case of a tie) will be heading home this week with the difficult task of retooling their team following two disappointing weeks. They're both still doing well in the battle for the top spot, but can't afford many more hiccups.

Arcadia FC 2 - 2 Atlético Luz Del Mar

Other Predictions:

Voobaha National 3 - 1 Keville United FC

VooNat laid the smack down last week at the Sinners' Purgatory Palace and hope to have a repeat performance this week as they welcome United to town. Keville started the year off with some great results and immediately looked to be a team that could stand on on their own against the big boys. Unfortunately, they have taken a step backwards in the past weeks, including a cup loss to a third tier squad. United are especially poor on the road having failed to capture a single point thus far into the season. Look for VooNat to dominate soundly.

Swamplandia Sinners 2 - 2 Estrella Roja

This is a match of two under performing squads. Roja has been a fixture in the top flight the past three seasons. Unfortunately the competition appears to have caught up with them as they are currently struggling to get out of relegation danger. Swamplandia is a team that has lived under the line the past few years, but has done just enough to win the favor of the relegation gods and stay in the primera. Thought they remain in the top division, their talent hasn't appeared to keep up.

Transvaal Springboks 2 - 3 1984 Duckies FC

What has happened to the mighty 'Boks from season 5? The defending champion has underwhelmed the league with poor form and even poorer results thus far into the season. The Duckies on the other hand have once again performed above expectations (picked by most to finish in the bottom half of the table) as they currently sit in 4th place following last week's victory over top seed Arcadia.

Segunda:

SiPS 4 - 2 FC Franzharia

Spartak MK 3 - 0 Dendarii FC

FC Jekerger 2 - 0 PEI FC

A.M. Adepts FC 3 - 4 Dun Carrig Bohs

Tercera:

El Entrego 3 - 2 Atlético Vinilandês

Redemptio Reds 1 - 4 S Team

Boltonia 2 - 1 Jianada United

RMI Armed Forces FC 1 - 3 Atlético Melloria

Ugh, the Reds rolled Atlético in the second cup match. The fact that three of my regulars had crappy form and were out of the game didn't help it. :(

I was hoping for a 1-0 honestly, but I'll take 3-0. You forced me to rearrange my tactics after the first Cup match, and I've gotten two wins since. I guess I should thank you :awesome:

FUDGE!

I got 1984 Duckies on the cup... I say watch out there, because Arcadia's tendancy to choke in Cup matches might come again...

Why did I have to get Duckies?! WHY?!

I bet you come through. My team is struggling with discipline problems.