Liga Mundo - Season 6

Botha

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I was lucky in being drawn into the Segunda to start with, a Segunda that had a couple of inactive teams as well. But I started the season slowly and only got promoted on the last day. Also the squad I was given was half decent, but the value the game places on it is very low compared to other sqauds.

Oh, and mystifyingly 40% of goals conceded are headers from crosses.

Edited by Kevinho

If I do get relegated, I think the future should still be bright for getting back up again. I have three good players under 20 who should hopefully have done some serious improving by then.

I have boarded the youth train:

10 players under 24

6 players under 21

2 players over 28

I got an 18 year old from the youth system since my last game with specials and a good skill, I hope he improves, but I only have 2 games to play him. I also got a high skill 27 year old that only has been with the team for 1 game. I hope those gambles pay off.

I think I have my core team for the next few years.

I got an 18 year old from the youth system since my last game with specials and a good skill, I hope he improves, but I only have 2 games to play him.

Play him in both games - he might still improve. Experience seems to take account of late-season acquisions having less potential games to play during an entire season. On my official team last season, I got a 4-bar forward prospect with 4 games left to play, I suited him up for all 4 matches and he ended up going up 2-bars.

Nice - although I find allrounders as an extra skill not really that useful unless they are either goalkeepers or your strongest player.

It's still handy if either the defense or midfielder is plagued with injury and/or bad form - there are more options at least.

I'm hoping my 17 year old midfielder, Kenneth Krippner has a good update - hard worker, tough, free kick ability... he's the next Charlie Purser!

I agree with V, all rounders are good especially in situations like... perhaps half your defence is below 10 form... it can happen, it's happening to me right now. On which team? Definitely not Arcadia FC.

I agree with V, all rounders are good especially in situations like... perhaps half your defence is below 10 form... it can happen, it's happening to me right now.

Unless the allrounder is a lot better than your defenders and brings something useful (like heading or toughness) to the D, I'd think you'd be better to play the sub-form defenders instead of the reduced talent of an allrounder.

The only all rounder I've ever used intentionally out of position was Ricardo van Deinsen a few seasons ago who played two matches in net after being dressed as a substitute (when the back-up was injured). Granted he won both matches, but I think there were other factors at work. Frognarson pulled sub duty on midfield once but that was accidental after a midfield who went in as a sub then was also injured.

Fun match today Botha, shame Lobadov, my free kick taker got injured or you would have been 3 or 4-1 down at the end of the match. :D

I'm giving my youths a run against the best teams while I can, hopefully short term pain for long term gain.

I have you next, don't I Kevinho? Well, I too will be fielding a side to put everyone's match experience at 100%. Then I have Swamplandia to finish.

I don't like this schedule. I got Estrella Roja, then VolNation gets them the week after. Then I get Voobaha, now VolNation have them this week. Now I have Keville United, and guess what... VolNation has them the week after as well! =(

Hard draw against Duckies away from home for my ALDM. I truely cant wait until this season is over....We are holding on by a thread for a chance at 3rd.

TapaTio's is back in business for Liga Mundo Managers!

http://z15.invisionfree.com/LigaMundoCL/index.php

The pub has expanded to include domestic leagues from around Planet Bob.

-Please register as a member to access the domestic forum, and take full advantage of the over-flowing pub fodder :laugh::D;)

Edited by PremierApex

I don't like this schedule.

I however do like the rest of the schedule as all the teams the Springboks are competing against to avoid relegation have matches against the Big Three. On the downside I have one more match - against Swamplandia - and then I finish on a bye week to wait it out ans see where everyone else falls.

I have you next, don't I Kevinho? Well, I too will be fielding a side to put everyone's match experience at 100%. Then I have Swamplandia to finish.

I don't like this schedule. I got Estrella Roja, then VolNation gets them the week after. Then I get Voobaha, now VolNation have them this week. Now I have Keville United, and guess what... VolNation has them the week after as well! =(

Indeed you are playing me next...and I get a hard draw to end the season with as well! Maybe there is a chance of sneaking some points if young players are being put out to boost their experience...