Liga Mundo - Season 6

Botha

We can never do a full on Champions League because existing teams from other leagues cannot switch bteween leagues or the same team/roster participate in multiple leagues.

What we have right now with Liga Mundo is the best situation possible under the circumsatnces with X11 - namely we become the league with the most prestige and where the best domestic managers gravitate towards.

That said but I don't ever see us turning down managers from joining Liga Mundo who want in. The more numbers we have the healthier the league.

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that can happen - but think of it as a World League you apply for.

Problem is most of us playing X11 have filled our quota (whether VIP or not) so we couldn't join any more leagues without giving up existing teams first - something I doubt any of us are willing to do. So we have to work within the existing Liga Mundo system.

I don't envisage CN-X11 FIFA as another league - but rather a discussion quorum of all the CN-X11 leagues so that everyone is on the same page and any particular league concerns can be discussed or assisted as problems arise. Also as we need new managers in Liga Mundo, new prospective managers can be brought to the table through CN-X11 FIFA.

Edited by Botha

The only realistic way (and I don't even know if this is possible) is to have everyone sign up for one league system with a pyramid structure, have all of the lower leagues separated into alliance/sphere divisions and then have promotion/relegation to/from the top division, which would be like the Champions League.

The only realistic way (and I don't even know if this is possible) is to have everyone sign up for one league system with a pyramid structure, have all of the lower leagues separated into alliance/sphere divisions and then have promotion/relegation to/from the top division, which would be like the Champions League.

This would be almost impossible to pull off properly now. First off, everyone would have to have team quota to join - which I don't see being the case having a quick look through Liga Mundo membership. With the pyramid structure setting in X11, the divisions would still require equal numbers throughout, so we would see teams from the various alliances all mixed in with each other.

I'm also not sure if it is even possible to sort certain teams to go into certain grouped divisions in pyramid setting - it might all be random placement in the same tiers of the pyramid, so it kind of defeated the purpose.

From another league Arcadian and I play in...

Welwitschias vs Sumney in FA Cup

The most anticipated rivalry in four seasons for Windhoek is about to begin when the Welwitschias face Sumney FC in the Final-16 round of the FA Cup.

Both managers Botha and Arcadian Empire have maintained a bitter yet respected rivalry from six seasons of Liga Mundo play – and this has now carried over into the Vedder League when Arcadian Empire took over Sumney FC late last season.

The two clubs currently do not play in the same division but anticipation has been mounting towards the day when they do. What was never expected was they would face each other in a cup draw in just the first full season for Arcadian Empire managing in the Vedder League.

“Arcadian Empire’s team in Liga Mundo has gotten the better of me over the seasons” explained Windhoek manager Bartnel Botha, “however last season my Transvaal Springboks team went on a Cinderella run and took the league title against all odds – leaving Arcadian Empire to lick his wounds in second place.”

“We’ve exchanged much mudslinging over the seasons – such as when my star midfielder referred to his team as ‘a bunch of women in skirts’ after a critical victory against them last season”

Even though the two clubs won’t play in Namibia until the second match, Khomasdal Stadium has already been sold out.

“We’ve had some good rivalry against Nottm Forest over the seasons and the Sharks always prove to be a decent, tough-playing draw – but nothing will compare to this rivalry about to begin.”

Manager Botha then added: “Bring it on!”

That puts a little bit of pressure... interesting to see the Duckies get demolished 5-0.

That was a really weird result. All of Volnation's goals were scored in the span of 23 minutes and then after minute 37 no more goals - even after Duckies lost a man to a red card in the 54th minute.

Although looking at Duckies' roster, looks like they are suffering exactly what we were in the first half of the season, a rash of injuries and suspensions.

Springboks look like they've regained their championship form - too bad it's too late to do anything except starve off relegation.

Good luck! Getting those first six teams to sign-up is always the most stressful aspect of setting up a league.

We already have seven. Interest has been very strong so far, and that makes me veeeeery happy. :)

Also, Atlético managed to score its fifth victory in a row and its lead is even more secure. :D

Knackers, well I think United are pretty much definitely down now. Although its always possible that Traansvaal will screw up against us, giving us some sort of lifeline, I don't think we can get any sort of result vs Arcadia or VolNation. Time to start planning for life back in the Segunda...

And what about that VolNation result? 5-0 up at half time against the Duckies, who were one place ahead in the table? :o

No one is relegation for sure until the new season starts. We've seen relegated teams remain up due to restructuring or folded teams. While the chance of Primera teams folding now is slim, until we know how many teams we have for Season 7 and the league format, no one knows for sure where they will end up.

Edited by Botha

Eh? We're very much in the relegation zone!

Yeah and you have a tough schedule remaing. 3 of the Original 4 teams. You're only real hope for points is if - as you put it - Transvaal screws up. However I don't see that happening as the Boks have been playing some of their best football this season the past two weeks. Last week was my first-ever 'perfect game' (20s in all teamwork values).

Yeah. I think I'd have been better off if I'd played defensively all season. But not to worry. If I do get relegated, I think the future should still be bright for getting back up again. I have three good players under 20 who should hopefully have done some serious improving by then.

If I do get relegated, I think the future should still be bright for getting back up again.

The fact that you made Primera in your club's second season (I recall you started out in Segunda as a brand new squad) is still an accomplishment to be proud of.