Liga Mundo - Season 6

Botha

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think by next season an IRC for Liga would be a very good idea. Id definitely idle/chat there every hour of the day. I think it would be great since i dont really cn much anymore, just xpert.

My POJ team had a 10bar increase on change report. Some players i counted on didnt get an increase...

Back into the relegation zone i go, and goddamn those Bok's and their bruising tackles

Bah! What are you talking about? It was a clean, pansy effort by our standards. Detlef Botha blowing kisses and bubbles to the crowd and only one yellow card!

Considering the problems I have had on offense, I was expect a much closer result, albeit still a 2-1 win for us. But 5-1 with both Norfield and GB Bathoen up front? (combined skill = 7). Bathoen in a few season will be a deadly player, but right now any Primera goalie that lets in goals from a 2-bar player should be taken out back behind the club house and shot.

Edited by Botha

PA, I'm sure everyone got a pretty disappointing change report.

That being said - I agree with Botha's statement. 2 bar players... well, you know it depends - if a player kicked the ball at them, hit their head and went in the goal - BUT the 2-bar player started screaming in pain, you can't really blame the goal on him. He's just lucky.

Anyways, I expect Estrella to play pretty defencively as they'll know I'll go for the win. But then again, I also expect Estrella to play pretty attacking due to their need for points. It's a tussle!

Bah! What are you talking about? It was a clean, pansy effort by our standards. Detlef Botha blowing kisses and bubbles to the crowd and only one yellow card!

Considering the problems I have had on offense, I was expect a much closer result, albeit still a 2-1 win for us. But 5-1 with both Norfield and GB Bathoen up front? (combined skill = 7). Bathoen in a few season will be a deadly player, but right now any Primera goalie that lets in goals from a 2-bar player should be taken out back behind the club house and shot.

Why do you even have a 2 bar player? I'd understand if he was 16 but yours' 18 already. :C

Why do you even have a 2 bar player? I'd understand if he was 16 but yours' 18 already.

Cheap and easy to develop on the side as a substitute. Plus he is cool and intelligent and besides by the time he's 20 he should be 6-bar amyways, which is pretty much what most of my team is at now. What's amusing (or troubling, depending how you look at it) is 2-bar Bathoen has scored as many goals this season as my best player (Rieger 9-bar).

Next time I play your team, I'll start him so he can score on you too :lol1:

Cheap and easy to develop on the side as a substitute. Plus he is cool and intelligent and besides by the time he's 20 he should be 6-bar amyways, which is pretty much what most of my team is at now. What's amusing (or troubling, depending how you look at it) is 2-bar Bathoen has scored as many goals this season as my best player (Rieger 9-bar).

Next time I play your team, I'll start him so he can score on you too :lol1:

It better be through a penalty kick, else I'll just say the assistant dribbled the goalie and passed the ball to him, who stood still in front of the net. :P

I don't think he'll be six bars unless you play the hell out of him - which I don't think you will, Botha.

Hard to say, I've had 2-bar jumps from players who've played less matches than he has so far. He improved but didn't go up a bar last season so he should jump by 2 after this one. That he is also scoring goals (all clsoe shots from the penalty area) will help.

In other news, the Nordreich Liga is officially off the ground. Play will commence next week with the following six teams:

NVK Kaapstad Hornets (Botha)

Italia (Junio Borghese)

The Scimitars (Homer)

Noordrijk FC (Nemhauser)

Northern Reich (St6mm)

Nordenstrom United (Baron Zemo)

Four of the six managers are brand new to X11.

On the Kaapstad Hornets roster are some familiar faces from Liga Mundo and the UCFA as Ricardo van Diesen has come out of retirement and signed with the new team. Dakarai Baako - who lead Transvaal in the UCFA tournaments but failed to catch on with two X11 teams is attempting a comeback with Kaapstad. This time around it looks like he will stick as he is currently the Hornet's best midfielder. Also from the old UCFA Springboks squads is goalie legend Tafadzwa Masamba in net. Manager Bartnel Botha plans to build his team around these three veterans of Transvaler football.

Edited by Botha

Excellent. One week after the Nordreich Liga commences - the Legion Championship's fourth season commences with 28 teams, unless we can get two more applications...

Yes, it is a great day for world football - with the domestic leagues starting, 2010 promises to be a great year for us.

That's okay, then maybe make a TOP league - as the 'grand recruiting strategy' is to make domestic alliance wide leagues from where you trim the fat into a few who can play the game well, who will go to Liga Mundo and dominate, instead of having new players who have the learning curve while in Liga.

Considering we currently have 120 members, I don't expect the Nordreich Liga to become that big. I'd love to see it reach 12 teams (for a second division) but considering that'd equal 10% of the membership, it's going to be tough to grow. At this point as long as we can keep the league afloat for the first few seasons, then mission accomplished. A constant 8 teams per season I would settle for.

Yes, it is a great day for world football - with the domestic leagues starting, 2010 promises to be a great year for us.

What might not be a bad idea now we are seeing more CN-X11 domestic leagues is to organize a bonafide CN-X11 FIFA organization which is made up of all the CN-X11 league admins as reps – more as a discussion group than any sort of 'governing' body.

I'd join you Legionnaires, but my team's quota is full. :( Only at the end of the year I'll be able to have one more slot.

<cough> purchase VIP </cough> year in year out best $40~ I spend on online gaming.

OOC: Also, you're in Burnaby? LOL I live next door in SE Vancouver around Killarney. Small world.

Thank you Botha! Ive been bringing that up and consider doing it for soo long. I have an amazing AC Milan team and it could be even better with 10mil in the bank and a squad full of decent players-But i will easily sacrifice it to form the CN-X11 FIFA.

Im telling you right now, Once the domestics are up we need to construct the CN-X11 FIFA website to cover all of the action in each Domestic league. Liga Mundo will be a very prestigious league and the Legion Championship League is a very quality league and will continue to lead the way as the poster child in organizing and promoting domestic leagues.

An organized post with information regarding all of the domestics would be very useful, and spread the knowledge.

Do you think the Liga Mundo can be a Champions League or Europa Cup style thing? I'm not familiar with admin powers, but can you actually kick out a team using the system after a season even though they're active and may have won the league (assuming they didn't finish well in their domestic)?

I don't think that can happen - but think of it as a World League you apply for.

Anyways, I'm still bugging the Legion to allow us bandwidth - so we'd get something like www.avelegio.net/football or avelegio.net/liga or avelegio.net/ucfa

UCFA would work, United CyberNations Football Associations. :P