Dragon Empire: The Imperial Congress and its daily actions.

Cochin cannot understand why a sovereign nation would require a Guarantee of Autonomy. There have been some economic crises in Palintine but we are not aware of them being militarily threatened by any nation. So where is the rationale for this Guarantee?

Palintine is strong enough to maintain an EEZ in its territorial waters and that shows that they are quite militarily independent as well.

If Palintine has voluntarily requested for this Guarantee Cochin proposes that DE should be given some concessions as well.

OOC: I know ooc is frowned upon in this thread, but that EEZ is about to come tumbling down later tonight.

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to the recent spread of an extremely infectious virus in the Remnant, we will be enforcing a quartine of the entire state. People will be allowed to enter, but they will not be allowed to leave. Here is the information we have on the disease so far

The disease intitally presents with flu-like symptoms, along with irrationality and severe violent behavior. It infects the liver, causing it to produce a massive molecule that has so far defied our attempts to break down into component molecules. This stage lasts for at least on to two weeks. The disease was initially airborne, but the primary transmission method is through the wet membranes, open sores, and cuts and suchlike. The violent behavior aids in the transmission of the disease, by creating entry points for the disease.
Edited by freakwars

We request that Imperial Decrees be banned and removed from the constitution as in our eyes it has been abused and committed the forces of the DE to other areas without prior approval by the States.

Imperial Decrees decided autonomously can not be found in our Constitution, in fact I'm not sure how these Decrees can be legally justified at all.

Andonia suggests that we simply modify the system so that decrees need to be voted on by the members of the Triumvirate before they are created.

Agreed. I have no problem with the recent decisions made by Dragonisia and would have voted for them, but we can not start cutting corners so early into our statehood.

Due to the recent spread of an extremely infectious virus in the Remnant, we will be enforcing a quartine of the entire state. People will be allowed to enter, but they will not be allowed to leave. Here is the information we have on the disease so far

OOC: ZOMBIES!

IC: Will your state require military or financial assistance? These are the two things the Melvin Republic can personally provide, and I'm sure the Empire will do everything in our power to stall the spread of this disease.

IC: Will your state require military or financial assistance? These are the two things the Melvin Republic can personally provide, and I'm sure the Empire will do everything in our power to stall the spread of this disease.

OOC: They are only zombie-like for the first stage. The second stage has not started yet.

We require only basic supplies, such as food and other necessities, as well as masks to prevent the spread of the Scourge

We will begin airlifting basic necessities into your major urban areas as soon as possible. Could you please give us a population estimate so the Melvin Republic can order the proper amount of masks.

Also, if samples of this Scourage could find their way into our laboratories, I believe it would be very beneficial for both of us.

We will begin airlifting basic necessities into your major urban areas as soon as possible. Could you please give us a population estimate so the Melvin Republic can order the proper amount of masks.

Also, if samples of this Scourage could find their way into our laboratories, I believe it would be very beneficial for both of us.

We have not yet been able to perform a census. We have no idea what the population is at this time. I suggest you order around 800,000 masks. I am afraid we cannot risk sending a sample of the disease out of the country, the risk is too great.

The Kingdom of Cochin would like to send a medical team to Andonia to help them in their current predicament. Two transport aircrafts loaded with medicine and physicians are waiting for the go from Andonia.

The Kingdom of Cochin would like to send a medical team to Andonia to help them in their current predicament. Two transport aircrafts loaded with medicine and physicians are waiting for the go from Andonia.

Permission is given. You will be routed to the hospital where our chief medical researcher, Dr. Mohandas Suk is working.

We request that Imperial Decrees be banned and removed from the constitution as in our eyes it has been abused and committed the forces of the DE to other areas without prior approval by the States.

"What specifically has you upset?"

"On a different topic, one of our most valued allies, the Hansa, has engaged in conflict with the Greater Nordland Reich. I wish to note that thus far we have remained neutral on the situation in Europe. We do have a mutual defense Pact with the Hansa that exists through the Dragon Bloc, but it is an offensive war. All the same, we could still honor their declaration on the basis of accusations of reckless war-mongering. Peace talks are already in motion, I don't know if going to war is even a necessity at this point. Perhaps we should issue a limited statement of support?"

"The Decrees were issued in order to assure regional stability against aggressive expansion of foreign empires while demonstrating that we are not imperialists and have no aggressive intent in Asia.. that we are in fact a harmless state. Each one may be reviewed if it is the Council's desire, but based on the times I thought the decrees are effective at showing our true nature and limiting the ability of our enemies, those who wish to destabilize Asia wherever they may be, to be aggressive. Aside, I will allow the legislature to vote on their finalization but some actions must be taken with due expedience to prevent the world from taking advantage of regional instabilities. I do apologize for acting in haste. If the Triumvirate and the Legislature think these are not in line with our objectives I would be glad give each state a private notification of legislative removal of the guarantee, but I personally think this has clarified our intents in Asia to the world. We are now seen as a stabilizing force. Additionally, if any foreign empire makes aggressive moves against these states we now have the justification for war with the aggressors."

"The following decrees were made, we obviously vote in favor of them."

1. Guarantee of Independence of the state of Korea. Yes

2. Guarantee of Independence of the state of Palintine. Yes

3. Guarantee of Independence of the state of Singapore. Yes

"The following agenda items regarding Europe are on the table.. again."

1. Do we support our MDP ally in their offensive war against Greater Nordland? Undecided

2. If we do not support via war, should we issue a statement of support? Yes

"The Decrees, by the way, have not committed our forces in any way at this time and no troop movements have been made. Statements to the contrary are false and if any state would simply check its armory they will find all their men and equipment still present."

"Regarding the virus afflicting the Andonian Remnant. The Dragonisian CDC requests blood samples from the populace in order to attempt to start trying identify potential anti-viral medications and any vaccination potential."

"If we modify the powers of the executive to much and don't leave some of it open to interpretation and debate, then we could ham-string our executive with red tape.. leaving the Empire to be little more than a flailing giant on the world stage, something I don't approve of. I don't mind bringing contested issues up to votes, but removing the ability for wise and immediate action would not be prudent. I made my selections for the Triumvirate based on those I thought could make snap decisions. That said if President Landry being executor made similar snap decisions, unless they were obviously and horribly unjust, I would feel more than content to abide by them."

1. Modify the constitution to require a vote of the Triumvirate or Legislature to approve all Decrees? No.

Feel free to place your vote and state your logic on each of the numbered items.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

1. Guarantee of Independence of the state of Korea.

2. Guarantee of Independence of the state of Palintine.

3. Guarantee of Independence of the state of Singapore.

Korea and Singapore are able strong nations. Surely they are able to protect themselves? And if they need help from us they can sign an MDP.

In case of Palintine we agree to the Guarantee of Independence.

1. Do we support our MDP ally in their offensive war against Greater Nordland?

No.

It is Cochin's view that we do not involve in offensive warfare. If our MDP allies are ever attacked we shall defend them.

2. If we do not support via war, should we issue a statement of support?

Yes.

We should issue a statement of support while maintaining military neutrality with GNR.

1. Modify the constitution to require a vote of the Triumvirate or Legislature to approve all Decrees?

Yes.

Unilateral actions leave a bad taste when working is supposed to be collegial. All three in the Triumvirate have the power to make decrees. How would it seem if two DE members gave conflicting decrees without mutual consultations?

Also it is galling for us to see Dragon Empire declarations first in public before we were even consulted.

"Guarantees of Independence have multiple uses. Sure they are strong nations. We're signaling to them and to the world that WE have no ill will towards them without requiring them to bind themselves to us. A guarantee of independence does not only state that you are defending the nation from aggressors, but that they are also secure from yourself. If everyone shares your view the constitution will be modified. I would find it hard to imagine the Empire issuing contradictory declarations. We are very often of like mind."

1. Guarantee of Independence of the state of Korea. Yes: 1 No: 1

2. Guarantee of Independence of the state of Palintine. Yes: 2

3. Guarantee of Independence of the state of Singapore. Yes: 1 No: 1

1. Do we support our MDP ally in their offensive war against Greater Nordland? No: 1 Undecided: 1

2. If we do not support via war, should we issue a statement of support? Yes: 2

1. Modify the constitution to require a vote of the Triumvirate or Legislature to approve all Decrees? Yes: 1 No: 1

"We also note that we have concerns about the aggressive actions of the Yamato in the region. We're forging a legal basis to protect surrounding entities from possible aggression if we should need to act. That was the second basis for the logic of the guarantees. Historically, powerful states have used the Guarantees of Independence as a tool to maintain stability without having to annex countries or threaten other cultures. It's a great way to protect buffer states from those with different perspectives than your own."

"Have you noticed the response to the decrees yet? These states have welcomed our guarantees and are even friendlier than previously. We are being recognized for that which we are.. the stabilizing force of Asia."

"Mind you, in light of recent events. Yamato may not be the threat we once thought them to be. Their policies are becoming much more progressive though I still prefer to act with caution."

Update:

"It appears that the government of Somal is moving to support the coalition aligning against the GNR. Article of 10 of our Dragon Bloc treaty.. to which our friends have signed and over which we hold the chairing position dictates:"

10. Signatories will ALWAYS participate in wars of aggression or defense when it is chosen by the Chairman to take such action, the Chairman will always consider the will of the Council of Governors in his activities and may be over-ruled by a 2/3rds majority vote of the council. The Chairman MUST approve any action that may be perceived as an act of war by any nation. The Chairman may also be compelled to declare war also by a 2/3rds majority vote.

"With so many allies moving to war.. it's going to be a challenge to stay neutral, but we do have the option for war with a proper justification. It all depends on what we wish to do. I am concerned that so many of our allies are involved, but I think that if we war with GNR it may result in an escalation of this to dangerous levels even if the GNR has pledged non-first strike on WMD class weaponry. I thought I would provide this information as people are considering their votes."

"Regarding the issue of the Northern Protectorate over which Cochin has the most dominion. Thus far I have determined that it would be in oru best interest to remain neutral on this matter and let the other powers in the region determine the fate of the protectorate. Right now that opinion is leaning towards maintaining protection of the regions autonomy until a new government can rise. Therefore, I afford this vote:"

1. Do we wish to take stance on the protectorate.. or remain neutral arbitrator of the collective regional will?

Vote possibilities are: Take a stance, Remain neutral

What the stance is would be determined in a second vote.

Dragonisia chooses: Remain Neutral.

I don't want to appear like we are dictating the region's future. More information on the progress of the regional determination can be found here:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...p;#entry1622443

We have seen that responses to the decrees have been unanimously supportive.

"With so many allies moving to war.. it's going to be a challenge to stay neutral, but we do have the option for war with a proper justification. It all depends on what we wish to do. I am concerned that so many of our allies are involved, but I think that if we war with GNR it may result in an escalation of this to dangerous levels even if the GNR has pledged non-first strike on WMD class weaponry. I thought I would provide this information as people are considering their votes."

With regard to this I would advocate going to war against GNR if they retaliated by a strike in our allies' home fronts. For example, we need not go to war in Europe to support Somal or Hanseatic forces arraigned there. But if GNR or their allies attack Somal or the Hanseatic Commonwealth in their home grounds we must go to war. Then it shall be GNR's responsibility to choose whether or not to escalate the conflict.

1. Do we wish to take stance on the protectorate.. or remain neutral arbitrator of the collective regional will?

Vote possibilities are: Take a stance, Remain neutral

Cochin shall maintain its stance that the Mongolian regions should remain a Protectorate. Cochin has no territorial ambitions in the region and we would like to promote the rise of self governance in the region albeit under DE security umbrella for the present time.

We thank Dragonisia for their open approach into the issue. You are correct, we are quite like minded and do not have major differences of policy. However the spirit of unity will be weakened when unilateralism is given a free hand. Each of us have a stake in our goal of Asian unity.

1. Do we support our MDP ally in their offensive war against Greater Nordland? No: 1 Undecided: 1

1. Modify the constitution to require a vote of the Triumvirate or Legislature to approve all Decrees? Yes: 1 No: 1

Yes to all.

Yes to all. The GNR must know its bounds, and attacking our allies is NOT acceptable.

Guarantees:

1. 3 yes, 1 no.

2. 4 yes

3. 3 yes, 1 no

Nordland War? 2 yes, 1 no, 1 undecided

Statement of support: 4 yes

Modify constitution to REQUIRE decree approvals: yes 4. I've changed my vote to follow the crowd.

All motions pas except the Nordland war. Landy must weigh in on this issue. I am going to wait their opinion, I am personally hesitant to war GNR due to the possibility of rapid escalation.

"Regarding the virus afflicting the Andonian Remnant. The Dragonisian CDC requests blood samples from the populace in order to attempt to start trying identify potential anti-viral medications and any vaccination potential."

The danger is far too great. Before we lost contact with the government of Andonain Burma, they estimated that the infection rate was ninety-eight percent. The death rate was forty-three percent. We cannot risk this disease spreading.

"We just need a contained blood sample for a hyper secure lab, there is no risk if it's in a test tube in proper containment boxes. Our scientists need to seek an answer. We need to run comparisons on the strains to Black Wind to see if we may need the assistance of Novus Niciae who might have persons immune to the disease who could act as doctors in stricken areas."