Biggest alliance mess up of all time?

Otherworld

He insulted me what do you want me to argue against?

You are persistent, but if you need assistance to post within the accepted boundaries, you might consider not posting until you understand. If I insult you, bound to happen with the way you communicate btw, you can insult me back, but to do so crassly is considered less than intelligent, less than becoming a member of TOP and in fact 99% of alliances who bother.

Try to make your reply at least half intelligent and you will shine like a beacon amongst the whole world, post crap like that and you will be judged as something probably closer to what you really are.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are persistent, but if you need assistance to post within the accepted boundaries, you might consider not posting until you understand. If I insult you, bound to happen with the way you communicate btw, you can insult me back, but to do so crassly is considered less than intelligent, less than becoming a member of TOP and in fact 99% of alliances who bother.

Try to make your reply at least half intelligent and you will shine like a beacon amongst the whole world, post crap like that and you will be judged as something probably closer to what you really are.

I really don't want to stoop down to your level of making metaphors or hiding behind some farce of formality.

"...Try to make your reply at least half intelligent and you will shine like a beacon amongst the whole world, post crap like that and you will be judged as something probably closer to what you really are."

I really don't want to stoop down to your level of making metaphors or hiding behind some farce of formality.

It was a simile. ^_^

Please don't add any more coal to this fire; just let it go. (That one was a metaphor)

Edited by Penguin

Illuminati. Lol.

thats gotta be up there

Lolluminati amirite? ^_^

Edit:

Well, by 'over nothing' I meant 'with no reason other than power politics'. An alliance which is prepared to start a war for nothing more than power politics is an extremely dangerous one to leave around, whether you call that 'rogue' or not.

There's a lot of dangerous alliances in CN, then.

Edited by Aurion

You wont be stooping, you will be climbing the ladder of civility, diplomacy and common courtesy, arguably the point of the game to start with. Come to the light, walk briskly towards the shining light of good manners and be saved.

Greatest alliance error ever? Any time anyone has signed a treaty with ODN.

On the slightly higher bloc level of blunders, anything involving CoMA comes to mind, as does CDT admitting Dark Evolution after all past pieces of it that had been in CDT previously turned out to be complete disasters.

TOP accepting Buller as a member.

This :P

EDIT: so this is not spam,

If people are going to call Buller on his reaction, how about I call Hizzy on his bait.

He reacted badly even before that post though.

Edited by Teriethien

because buller's gone way overboard and he needs to be reeled in. He's an embarassment.

You aren't any better than he is, given your spite-filled posts in this and other threads. Perhaps you should take heed of your own advice, eh?

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

You aren't any better than he is, given your spite-filled posts in this and other threads. Perhaps you should take heed of your own advice, eh?

What spite? The words I speak are the truth, and never filled with spite or hate or whatever else you may think. The fact that you can't handle it, tells me I'm bang on in my assessments of your alliance.

What spite? The words I speak are the truth, and never filled with spite or hate or whatever else you may think. The fact that you can't handle it, tells me I'm bang on in my assessments of your alliance.

I'm sure Buller thinks the samething. I'll give you a hint, you're both wrong about your assesments of other alliances.

Would NPO have been screwed down the line if they didn't attack OV anyways? Their diplomatic shield was falling apart and would only have gotten worse if they backed down there. At least this war could have brought in enough allies to reach a stalemate or at least get decent terms.

No, I'm pretty sure they're spite-filled.

Edited by Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz

Would NPO have been screwed down the line if they didn't attack OV anyways? Their diplomatic shield was falling apart and would only have gotten worse if they backed down there. At least this war could have brought in enough allies to reach a stalemate or at least get decent terms.

Yes. They had it out for NPO. The Karma War didn't materialize from the ether when NPO declared on OV.

You'd do better arguing that all wars are wrong, which is where you are headed logically here. Or alternatively, by your logic, that by attacking the NPO, the Karmic forces are making the NPO even stronger.

I am not saying all wars are wrong. Wars are necessary to eliminate real threats. For ex. if there is a large power bloc hell bent on eliminating you, you must war with them for your own survival. I am also not saying that Karma is making NPO stronger by attacking them, just that they are making a small threat even smaller.

It also is interesting to see you argue that the NPO was politically isolated to the point of not being a threat to anyone. I don't see them fighting alone and I would be very surprised to see any Pacifican admit they are isolated now, let alone that they are so weak that they are no longer a "threat" to anyone.

But I could be wrong, or just off in these semantics.

It depends on how big a threat should be to be considered "big" in CN(I don't know about that- I am pretty new to the game).

There are only two reasons that an alliance would need to engage in power politics, and that is if you're looking for more power and/or domination or if you become a target. Otherwise I'd argue most alliances can thrive and survive without needing to resort to the power politics game.

You need power to survive too. What really matters is how you go looking for power and what you do with it. I would say you can still play power politics without anyone feeling threatened.