Biggest alliance mess up of all time?

Otherworld

There are two that stand out in my mind from all the time I have been here and make the other faux pas pale into insignificance.

Operation Overlord

Shark Week

Shark Week was fantastic. The boards ratio for quality posts rose dramatically.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UME going rouge on IRON, thinking they are the god of Planet Bob.

Jarheads not being able to control their members from going rogue on other alliances and non-allied nations while fighting NPO, and ended up dragging more alliances into the war.

Edited by HHAYD

Legion and ODN staying out of GW2

I understand that they thought by avoiding being involved in GW2 they would save themselves a huge loss in NS. But in the long run by not getting involved the Initiative gained a significant advantage and won GW2 thus beginning the 2 year domination of the game by the NPO.

Shortly after GW2 legion and ODN wound up having to fight the initiative anyway in GW3, so by staying out of GW2 they allowed the initiative to gain the upper hand while only delaying their involvement in a major conflict by a couple months.

I believe tpf and mk were on the same side that war, what are you guys alluding to?

The guy said that all remaining UJP alliances were craters in the ground or something. babyjessus then said "well, he's right about TPF at least".

Saying that while he is wrong in regards to MK, in babyjesus's view he is correct in regards to TPF being a crater.

Dare I say this, as opposed to cow-towing to the populist opinion that Shark Week was OMGZOMG!, but what you're ignoring is the fact that it effectively ended much of the personal expression on Bob, chased opponents from the game and ushered in the tradition of ZI'ing someone for their opinions rather than actions.

As such, I assert that your support for that enterprise is likely due to your affiliation with the precipitation of that action rather than an objective opinion.

Attacking people for stating their opinions is bad mmmkay, even if you disagree with them.

Edited by ModusOperandi

Alliances ever signing the OPP and then receiving little to no benefits.

Just a personal opinion.

On the grand scheme of things - everything anyone else mentioned already.

Depends on the Alliance who signed it, if you simply asked questions, odds are you got a response, I admit there were a few I signed they failed, but it has happened with all the other protectorate blocs too.

Dare I say this, as opposed to cow-towing to the populist opinion that Shark Week was OMGZOMG!, but what you're ignoring is the fact that it effectively ended much of the personal expression on Bob, chased opponents from the game and ushered in the tradition of ZI'ing someone for their opinions rather than actions.

As such, I assert that your support for that enterprise is likely due to your affiliation with the precipitation of that action rather than an objective opinion.

Attacking people for stating their opinions is bad mmmkay, even if you disagree with them.

It was not about having opinions contradictory to GOONS policies, hell we even attacked some of our own nations, and a couple of our allies. It was just about being a bad poster.

It was not about having opinions contradictory to GOONS policies, hell we even attacked some of our own nations, and a couple of our allies. It was just about being a bad poster.

Right.

Look, cut the charade and revisionism; Shark Week was more about targeting vocal opposition than it was about targeting "bad" posters, Banned member even admitted this to me.

Ask yourself who stands to benefit the most and you usually find your answer; was it the CN community or GOONS?

TPF characterizing the League of United Armenians (LUA) as Nazis simply because they were chained into fighting on the side of NoV by honoring their pacts.

Not many people noticed this, or cared, but those of us who did notice feel it is the largest injustice committed by an alliance against another.

I'll agree with ODN and Legion staying out of GWII. If they had joined, and the League had gone nuclear, then the League had a good chance of winning that war. It's impossible to say what the world would look like now if that had happened.

Would someone please be kind enough to link me to something describing shark week? It was either before my time, or before I became forum active. Thanks in advance.

Judging by some responses I'd say GOONS did some swarming of topics they considered "bad" and "unworthy" and went so far as cleaning up nations.

It was probably hilarious. I wish I was around longer than I have been :(

I'll agree with ODN and Legion staying out of GWII. If they had joined, and the League had gone nuclear, then the League had a good chance of winning that war. It's impossible to say what the world would look like now if that had happened.

I think that you're giving the League's war machine a bit too much credit here. All the numbers of that war aside, the League suffered from a general lack of coordination and wartime experience that would've crippled them even if they had superiority by the numbers.

Still, I agree that Legion and ODN staying out of the Second War is the worst mistake ever. Even now, that act colors my opinion of those alliances very heavily.

Judging by some responses I'd say GOONS did some swarming of topics they considered "bad" and "unworthy" and went so far as cleaning up nations.

It was probably hilarious. I wish I was around longer than I have been :(

The event of a bully beating up another kid because that kid voiced his opinion on some matter is only funny (if funny at all, to anyone) to the bully.