Dooms Day 6-6-2009

Fire I wish you guys the best of luck but I'm still not convinced this is a good idea.

Carter could you please clarify is FIRE a renaming of the Syndicate, or has the Syndicate disbanded and FIRE a new alliance protecting the members?

The Syndicate's name has changed to FIRE. Also, a majority of the treaties The Syndicate held will be re-signed, those announcements will be here shortly.

EDIT: For Clarity.

Edited by Carter

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By your sayings, red nations would not be fools to take advantage of this, yet they werent red nations before this. There moving to red taking advantage of the situation.

If i read it correctly i thought it was a name change from the Syndicate to FIRE.

True; to me that's a good thing though because lord knows we need more nations here irregardless of the current political climate. Having spoken with these fine fellows, they have the dust to really make a difference here; remember, strategy dictates a lot on Planet Bob and Pacifica would do the exact same thing if it was in our position.

Oh come on even by the way he worded it, you can see that just because NPO is beat down militarily and politically there taking advantage of it. I wouldnt have a problem with it if they worded it differently or tried to hide the fact that there kicking them when there down.

I'm with you! I hate it when people disrespect rules just because nobody can enforce them. I've been telling people for months that I'm the sovereign of the black team and that nobody is allowed to join or stay on black without my written permission. They just won't listen though. Just because I got no way to enforce my rule. As of today not a single black nation have asked for my permission to be on my sphere. They're all big bullies taking advantage of the fact that I can't enforce it. :(

For shame!

So, you'd prefer they lied to protect your sensibilities.

Your argument is stupid. Of course no one was going to create an alliance on the red team when the NPO was big enough to apply and enforce the Moldavi Doctrine. Barring Vox, of course. Why bother starting an alliance that will be killed off immediately?

Now that the NPO is weakened the red team is opening up due to the inability of the NPO to enforce the Moldavi Doctrine. I don't see anything wrong with that, it is called opportunity. When an empire loses the power to control all its lands then the barbarians begin to move in on its fringes and establish their own settlements.

But, I'm sure you are aware of that, you'd just prefer to be lied to so you can nod and smile and go on oblivious to reality.

Wow, really? I never said lied, thanks though. If they worded it differently id be fine with it, but flat out saying since they cant enforce it any more were going to do it. That doesn't sound dickish to you?

Ill assume that is not a filtered word since it didnt filter it to #!&$ with a space.

Edited by BringMeTheHorizon

Im !@#$%*ing because your taking full advantage of a situation, that you didnt have the balls to do three four months ago.

Of course they are taking advantage of a situation, doing this three months ago wouldn't have been ballsy, it'd have been bloody foolish and an absolute catastrophe.

Wow, really? I never said lied, thanks though, if i did i corrected myself. If they worded it differently id be fine with it, but flat out saying since they cant enforce it any more were going to do it. That doesn't sound dickish to you?

No, it doesn't. What does sound dickish is the Moldavi Doctrine.

Best of luck to you FIRE.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

I like the little logo thing ya got, and I guess starting an alliance on red team is neat (how very daring of you, you wild thing), but Federation of Imperial Red Empires? These acronym-first, name-as-an-afterthought alliances make me want to go shoot something.

In any case, g'luck TimLee.

I like this move, but why not just call your alliance FIRE (in caps), but not have it be an acronym?

The idea wasn't to have an acronym, but some of the gov wanted one so they came up with it. The acronym is pretty irrelevant, especially since our AA is FIRE.

Wow, really? I never said lied, thanks though. If they worded it differently id be fine with it, but flat out saying since they cant enforce it any more were going to do it. That doesn't sound dickish to you?

Ill assume that is not a filtered word since it didnt filter it to #!&$ with a space.

If they worded it differently so as not to mention the Moldavi Doctrine and the NPO's inability to enforce it as a reason for setting up on red, then they would be lying. So, yes, you are asking they lie to you and the rest of us either directly or by omission so you can feel better about yourself by ignoring the obvious.

It doesn't sound "dickish" to me, it is commonsense. When opportunity arises people move in, it is a natural response to the current situation. Alliance moving onto red because the NPO can no longer enforce the Moldavi Doctrine is no more "dickish" than the NPO settling on red and declaring it their property all those years ago. The reason they did so? Because they could. The same reason FIRE set up on the red team.