World Map X

Sargun II

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For now, Make the areas around it and that Island part of the protectorate.

Could I have a link to the thread where he claimed it?

Talk with mykep on Africa. I would say he will not be happy with an Asian power making a protectorate there.

deSouza has already RPed a few things. Do not contest.

We need to add a rule: No annexation of protectorates unless it's in your SoI.

Talk with mykep on Africa. I would say he will not be happy with an Asian power making a protectorate there.

deSouza has already RPed a few things. Do not contest.

We need to add a rule: No annexation of protectorates unless it's in your SoI.

No.

There should be a section in the guidelines concerning the issue over attempting to RP another person's nation, military, general population, and anything that belongs to the other person, unless if I skipped a section.

People may contest protectorates just as well as they would contest the expansion of the original nation. You have to be smart about taking protectorates, as well as you have to be smart when taking land to include in your own nation. For instance...I have no problem with the Drakorian Protectorate, its across the sea. However the Nedite Protectorate I will challenge as it is American Imperialism in Asia. Just cause its a protectorate doesn't mean you can't challenge it.

People may contest protectorates just as well as they would contest the expansion of the original nation. You have to be smart about taking protectorates, as well as you have to be smart when taking land to include in your own nation. For instance...I have no problem with the Drakorian Protectorate, its across the sea. However the Nedite Protectorate I will challenge as it is American Imperialism in Asia. Just cause its a protectorate doesn't mean you can't challenge it.

This is true.

who would I ask to get some of the protectorate across the sea to my west (the area of thailand and laos and all that)?

Subtle and I own that protectorate...and normally it is saved for new nations or restarting nations. But if you can give us a good reason via PM, then perhaps.

The I.S.A.F. thread reminded me, but if i leave on vacation to some remote part of the world where i don't have internet to collect taxes with, would i need to post that around here somewhere so i don't return to see some twenty-odd nations fighting over the remains of my country?

Actually, Sarah, Subtle.. you and I. I am still a member of the Australasian Coalition last I checked. The reason we had that territory is back in the day when we were invading the UFE that was going to be a point of entry.

My apologies Mael. I normally don't think of you because of the Dragon Bloc and such and I will start making sure to include you in those discussions. However, I still think it should be set aside for new and replaced nations. But we can always continue this discussion :), there are always exceptions.

The I.S.A.F. thread reminded me, but if i leave on vacation to some remote part of the world where i don't have internet to collect taxes with, would i need to post that around here somewhere so i don't return to see some twenty-odd nations fighting over the remains of my country?

go to the locked nations thread,in Open National RP, and get a lock on your nation. Then nobody can fight over it.

My apologies Mael. I normally don't think of you because of the Dragon Bloc and such and I will start making sure to include you in those discussions. However, I still think it should be set aside for new and replaced nations. But we can always continue this discussion :), there are always exceptions.

Salright, most folks forgot because of my move to India. He does only have an island, We should try to get him something a little larger.

The current rule of only empty land makes it abusable. Who is to stop me from claiming all of Central Asia, supposing I manage to establish a protectorate there?

Easy. You can't turn a protectorate into part of your nation unless if forfills the claims rules. And if someone has an issue with a protectorate, they can simply put troops there and challenge you IC. I feel the more things are settled IC the better.

Isn't that similar to what I'm suggesting?

No, you are saying you cannot claim a protectorate unless it forfills the claim rules. I am saying you can claim any protectorate you like, but you can only incorporate the parts of it which forfill the claim rules.

Example. Under you I could not claim antarctica as a protectorate. Under the current rules I can, but I could not expand my actual nation into that land unless it forfilled the claim rules (under SoI, contested in war, IC land exchange)