World Map X

Sargun II

NOTE: New RP'ers are encouraged to read the General RP Guidelines BEFORE making a claim. Scroll down below the map to find the G-RP-Gs.

GENERAL GUIDELINES

Map Guidelines

Main one: Claims must be supported by RP

These are non negotiable.

* Protectorates can be claimed by new nations. They are not part of the nation that has their name of it and they will normally be ceded to new nations. However, you must talk to the owner first before claiming anything.

* If you want to claim an area already claimed, you must first work something out with the owner. This means you cannot start a rebellion in their territory, a terrorist group, etc. without their permission.

*There are three ways to gain land: A - Claiming it through your SoI, B - Conquering it from a sovereign nation, C- Being given the land by others in a RP'd IC manner. OOC gifting is not allowed.

Thread/Behavior Guidelines

* This is primarily an OOC Thread. Keep IC to a minimum, use IC tags if possible. I understand that there is no way for me to prevent IC, but I do hope you can at least keep it at a minimum.

* If you break forum rules, or the CN ToS in this thread, you WILL be reported to the admins/mods. This includes spam - we have had lax reporting but the amount of spam has fluctuated so I feel the need to restate this: if you want to have a conversation not regarding the map, move it out of here.

* But most of all, if you have questions, ASK THEM! The only stupid questions are the ones never asked

* NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER demand an update from me or any of the other cartographers. I will update at least once a week and in most cases, more than that. I enjoy doing this but its still hard. You demand updates from me, and I'll give you an update. An update that has you purged from it.

Just remember. Everyone who's worked on this, do or did so because we felt we are doing a service. We're busy folks taking some time to help. This is a big project. Your patience is appreciated.

World Map has been shrunk - please click thumbnail for full view.

10-2.jpg

General Guidelines for CyberNations Roleplaying

*The first claim made by your nation must be within your in-game sphere of influence (SoI). Any claims outside of your sphere after your first claim must be roleplayed out and accepted by the general community.

*Your in-game (your actual CyberNations nation) citizen count will be multiplied by one hundred (100), and the subsequent number can be your CNRP (CyberNations Roleplaying) citizen count. As long as it isn't bat!@#$ insane, you can go with other numbers.

*For soldier and tank counts, multiply max soldiers x10 and take tanks as the max tanks you can have.

*Your in-game tech (technology) level is directly used in CNRP. See below for technology guidelines.

*Your in-game navy is directly used in CNRP. Meaning, whatever you have IG = whatever you have in RP.

*Your in-game air force is counted as your CNRP airforce. However, once you become a "developed" nation, one plane may count as one squadron.

*When engaging in a CNRP war, the out come should be decided before hand by the participants. In cases of rather obvious out comes, common sense can be used, but with larger nations, fortified nations and older RPers coming to an agreement before hand is a much easier and less hateful path than the OOC mud slinging which most wars devolved into.

*The amount of nukes (warheads) you have is equal to your in game level of warheads. Everyone with standard nukes has fission bombs(max 500kt) Weapons research complexes give you hydrogen bombs (keep them within reason not tens of megaton warheads), and neutron weapons. This decision was reached by consulting with the GMs and at their urging.

*Also, large Fuel air explosive bombs, chemical weapons, large EMP weapons, and biological weapons are capped at 50 and equal to the number of CMs you have in game.

*You cannot arm your citizens and have them fight a war. It does not matter if you give them full time military training and automatic weapon, the maximum number of armed people you can field in a war is determined by your soldier count.

Game Moderator "wipe" effects

*Type one, total impossibility. IE Death star. Total RP wiped. These kind of god mods are easy to spot, and will be called quickly, so little RP to go back and redo.

*Type two, feature impossibility. IE Fighter jet with a laser. These are sometimes unnoticed, and when found / called, Rp should be paused, while they are argued out in a separate thread. If the feature is found to be impossible, then the Rp continues as if all actions had occurred minus that feature. IE, you still used your fighters, but since they didn't have lasers, they got annihilated.

Communication

*Whenever you say something that is not "in character", use the 'OOC:' tag before the statement.

For example, if Uberstein decides to hold a gladiator tournament, we may insult the action in-game but then add "OOC: haha, nice" to show that we (in real life, not in game) like the idea.

*If something is to be a private message, put "PRIVATE MESSAGE TO <nation name here>" before the message. While the rest of the community will be able to see the message, only the person you send it to will be able to respond or use that information.

*Embassies exist in CNRP. An embassy is a building in a foreign country that would technically belong to you. A diplomat and his staff would be sent to live in the embassy building, and would be there in case you need to talk to the nation the embassy exists in (or vice-versa).

Treaties

*Any treaty (MDP, ODP, economic, NAP, etc.) can be made in CNRP with another nation. For instance, if you sign a Mutual Defense Pact (MDP) with Uberstein, whenever you are attacked in CNRP, Uberstein will activate the MDP and attack whoever attacked you.

*Economic treaties are treaties where you trade with another nation (be it food, technology, medicine), and both nations are to be treated as if they have the same level of whatever they're trading. This is usually called tech trading, see the tech trading rules below.

Rerolling

* This is RPing with a RP entity that is not the one you first RP'd with.

*When Rerolling, you give up the ability and right to RP anything connected with your old entity. This means that people not present in your current country are unable to be controlled while physical installations cannot be controlled unless you own the land they are on.

*If rerolling as a continuation of the same nation, this is voided.

*ANYTHING THAT DEFIES THE LAWS OF PHYSICS, AERODYNAMICS OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT EXISTS IN REAL LIFE WILL BE NULL AND VOID

-----------------------------------

Technology

Before any scientific experiment or anything like that, background information must be given. In real life, people aren't at certain tech levels, like at '89 tech or '74 tech. Technology levels are divided, in RL, into three distinct terms: First World, Modern, and Third World.

In RL, First world nations are constantly developing new technologies and inventing stuff. Modern buys technology from First world nations and produces it in their own nation and are able to maintain it. Third World nations get the scraps from other nation and have to steal or get given old technology and are barely able to maintain it.

So, how does this translate into CNRP?

Previously, we had a Log Based tech system. It helped lower nations get more modern tech, starting at about level 300 tech. However, at tech year 2005, people stoped using real tech and started inventing their own. Everything below that was pretty set in stone, and nobody, save for a few nations, created anything.

So, we've simplified the tech year system and made it into something more like the tiers we have explained above. Nobody will be losing any technology, and if anything, people would be increasing in their technological capabilities.

New Tech Scale

First of all, the three tiers.

Third World Nation (0-299 tech)

Your technology level is very low, and are developing your own way in the world. You have cold war technology*, and any tech you recieve from other nations (weapons, aircraft, etc.) is not easily maintained without help. It's much like what buying tech from other nations is now IRL. You may design items appropriate to the period.

*{1980-90ish}

Modern Nation (300-1499 tech)

Your technology has reached a modern level, and you can build anything military-wise that currently exists*. You may design items appropriate to the period.

*{not in alpha testing, so laser plane and the walking robot buzzing thing is out while the F-35 is in}

First World Nation (1500+ tech)

Inventions start coming from your nation, and you can build anything your heart can imagine*. You're still limited to IG levels of soldiers, tanks, nukes, CMs, etc. Now, beyond this your tech level still matters for your army efficency, but a lot less. Design statistics will matter less as there is an efficiency formula for your armies

*{To a technological limit of the year 2020, of course, within the rules of what can and cannot exist in CNRP, so no mechs, lasers, or rods from god}

Design statistics will matter less as there is an efficiency formula for your armies, showing how relatively effective they are.

Some background to this. This is a number designed to represent a ratio of effectiveness in a trial, respective to a Modern nation. It is designed to show the relative effectiveness of weapons and systems in a certain task for head to head comparison.

It is your Technological Effectiveness, (TE).

TE = 1+ (IG Tech / 10000 * ( 1+ WRC)) Where WRC (Weapons Research Complex (wonder)) is a logical 1,0 statement of having a IG WRC. (1 = you have one, 0 = you don't)

This is taken almost straight from the game, where it works as the damage multiplier for war attacks. That way, we still maintain design coolness, and tech advantage.

EXAMPLES AND STATEMENTS.

Since Third World and Modern nations do not have extensive self research labs, they then to all be roughly the same effectiveness regardless of the actual advancement of the nation. This is because these two tiers have access to the same group of weapon etc, and are not allowed to create new products, so it makes sense that two nations with the same groups will have the same TE.

Third World nations have a TE of 0.8, and Modern have one of 1. These are deviations from the formula as they emphasize that, yeah, your troops / weapons etc, are quite a bit worse than the standard (for Third World)/ are the standard (for Modern)

IE: 1) Three nations are trying to accomplish a task. One Third World nation, one Modern, one First World (2000 tech), with TE's of 0.8, 1, 1.2 respectively. Since TE represents a measure of relative effectiveness, the Modern Nation will have to put in a 1x effort, as it is the standard. However, the Third World nation only achieves 0.8 of the effect for the same effort, so will have to put in 1.25x the effort of the Modern Nation. Whereas the First World nation achieves 1.2 of the effect for the same effort, so only has to put in 0.83x the effort of the modern nation. This "effort" could be the number of shots needed to kill something, or really anything you can imagine.

2) First World Nation A fights First World Nation B. Nation A has 3000 tech, Nation B has 2000. Hence, nation A has a TE of 1.3, nation B of 1.2. So nation A's troops etc are 1.3/1.2 = 1.08 =8% better than nation B's. This is because TE is measure relative to Modern, so to compare two TE's directly, calculate TEA/TEB to find the Technological Effectiveness of A relative to B

So, in theory, in the case of two people that are rping equally, and both people have some good tactics, and one of them is not just going, "LOL, 100,000 paratroopers on your capital!", this scale will be used, but no more will people say, "I have better tech, you lose." Well, if a First world is invading a third world, the case is different, the tech difference will matter a lot.

Technological Trade.

The old 'tech share' is being scrapped. No longer shall nations have their entire advancement lifted by a few words on a treaty. Now, you can buy weapons / items from more advanced nations. However, this comes with a cost. For Modern and Third World nations, these advanced items will cost more than what your normal domestic ones would. Since economy is gone from CNRP, we have a simple formula to determine what you could have.

It is based on TE. We assume cost is directly proportional to TE. So, when buying a Item, here is how many you can afford.

#Advanced Items =#Buyer Items IG* (Buyer TE / Seller TE)

EXAMPLE

If you can have say, 1000 tanks IG at a TE of 1 (Ie you are a Modern nation) and you buy tanks from a First World nation with a TE of 1.3, you can have 1/1.3 * 1000 tanks = ~770 tanks.

Edited by Sargun

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I request The Phoenix Empire to be marked as GNR and Albania to go to Margrave as I surrendered my claim over that land.
Can we change Xaristan's color (RL Florida) pretty please? That purple is starting to annoy me... how about a yellow, would that work? :D

Done and done, waiting until after doctor's appointment to release map.

I have made more land in conquest but probably won't be that way for long. Is it worth updating it on the map?

Also, another map thread? :P

The Precedent is that lands in a conflict are frozen so the map wont be updated until a final division has been made.

Edited by Centurius

A reiteration of claims is in order I guess. Taeunas covers all of RL Ireland.
Reasserting claim to Finland + Aland Islands
My claims still are those that are Canadian on the map...that bit in the marianas, the canaries, the bit in equatorial africa and of course the mainpart in Canada. All on the map.

All claims from the first map are still there.

:v:

I claim all thats already on there as a part of Raochin already.

And I'd like you to add this protectorate as as well:

http://img190.imageshack.us/my.php?image=r...otectoratel.png

Where did the Eritriean SSF come from? I see no reservation on either map thread nor a DoE in the forums.

Edited by Lord Zephyr

Where did the Eritriean SSF come from? I see no reservation on either map thread nor a DoE in the forums.

We forgot to add him in. That was why I didn't add Africa to your claim in my version of the map.

Also, iamsargun? We need to add sumer in there somehow.

I own Istanbul and all the territories in orange on the western side of Istanbul.

Also, My country is called "Strigia", not "Stiga"

Added.

I would like to claim everything above the following red line:

YawooEmpire.jpg

Adding.

Please rename the 'Greater Nordic Reich' to the 'Greater Nordlandic Reich'

Also thank you, Sargun. This is much better than 6.0

Changed.

You're welcome.

deSouza claimed it. I heard about him before the protectorate so I'll let you two come to a conclusion on it.