TPF notice.

Because TPF, especially at this stage, is such a threat to Frostbite. And because Slayer is lying about leaving and is actually going to continue pulling all the strings from behind the curtain, right?

TPF is still at present a lot bigger than tLC I believe, and it wouldn't be the first time Slayer has left cn only to come back, hence sponge's precaution in taking away any possibly leverage he might have in the future.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing evill at all about wanting assurance that Slayer was indeed rogue/not influential etc. I've said that several times in this thread already.

What I don't understand is how one allaince can dictate who is allowed on another alliances forums (or who has root admin for matter) or most importantly where a player can chat with their friends.

Edit: Terrible spelling

If said member is at war with your alliance and is the admin on the forums after supposedly being cast out. I think you have a legit concern.

Kind of like they've been accusing Sponge (JABANPO) of having done for a year and a half. Man, that's good irony.

Because when one side makes a stupid comment that is proven false, it must be right when the other side makes the same claim.

Because no alliance has ever bounced back and taken up old grudges. And no alliance has ever appointed a former leader who rerolls to a govt position, right?

Something tells me Slayer isn't the type to reroll just so it is easier to nuke TLC and get away with it. If he wanted to nuke TLC and still retain control of TPF, he would have found a way.

TPF is still at present a lot bigger than tLC I believe, and it wouldn't be the first time Slayer has left cn only to come back, hence sponge's precaution in taking away any possibly leverage he might have in the future.

Size isn't an issue when they are enveloped in war. And yes, this is the first time Slayer has left.

Edited by Vasuda

Yes, your leader was told to take away the powers your rogue had. Yes, Frostbite would have moved together. Yes, even your leader and your fellow peers have even agreed that it was common sense that a person who did not have membership in your alliance did not have any more power or leverage in sad alliance. Do you see mhawk actually quivering in his boots over possibly losing some more infra over it? Honestly show your leader some more respect, he'll fight when he sees something that threatens how he operates or his morals and the fact that he compromised on this issue would be more ascribed to the request making complete sense and less so with losing some more NS.

Very well said. You have cleanly and eloquently communicated the facts of the situation. But we differ on a salient point, and it is descriptive. We were not asked, "hey Dude, what's up? We seems to have a situation on our hands."

We were dictated to. In the opening sentence(s). The immediate posture was bullying and intended to threaten.

That calmer heads in FB prevailed, I am not the slightest bit surprised, you have good leaders. That some of us took umbrage with the Old School fist in your face diplomatic approach directed at us and looked into our history books and found parallels? You can't be the slightest bit surprised.

Very well said. You have cleanly and eloquently communicated the facts of the situation. But we differ on a salient point, and it is descriptive. We were not asked, "hey Dude, what's up? We seems to have a situation on our hands."

We were dictated to. In the opening sentence(s). The immediate posture was bullying and intended to threaten.

That calmer heads in FB prevailed, I am not the slightest bit surprised, you have good leaders. That some of us took umbrage with the Old School fist in your face diplomatic approach directed at us and looked into our history books and found parallels? You can't be the slightest bit surprised.

While I might personally have disagreed with opening up with the bluntness of the situation, the fact that it was a blunt and honest relation of the facts should not be lost on you as it wasn't on mhawk. It's kind of a given that if the situation wasn't handle tLC would mobilize, just because ES actually stated it instead of letting it loom in the air doesn't make the situation anymore sinister rather a bit more sincere as there is no allusion now to ponder through.

I'd like to know as well how you consider "the calmer heads in FB prevailed," to encompass, as far as I know and has been stated thus far FB has backed ES completely this whole time, even through his opening convo with mhawk. The fact of the matter is that you guys aren't used to people being straight up anymore and are now in shock that others are rolling the hard sixes.

I do not feel it is greatly an over reaction, usually when members go rogue, they're removed, but due to Slayer's deeper access, it could not be done with one or two clicks, its simple as that...but sometimes just giving 'one day' can lead some to believe its war mongering since such issues contains vairables that are not entirely in the control of the people you're talking to.

However, I think the situation is resolved between TPF and Frostbite..Still I would like that the Slayer-Sponge drama continue...and Good luck to all the parties.

Edited by shahenshah

While I might personally have disagreed with opening up with the bluntness of the situation, the fact that it was a blunt and honest relation of the facts should not be lost on you as it wasn't on mhawk. It's kind of a given that if the situation wasn't handle tLC would mobilize, just because ES actually stated it instead of letting it loom in the air doesn't make the situation anymore sinister rather a bit more sincere as there is no allusion now to ponder through.

I'd like to know as well how you consider "the calmer heads in FB prevailed," to encompass, as far as I know and has been stated thus far FB has backed ES completely this whole time, even through his opening convo with mhawk. The fact of the matter is that you guys aren't used to people being straight up anymore and are now in shock that others are rolling the hard sixes.

For the record, Sponge didn't relay the msg to mhawk as our Supremo, but to the only member of gov who has the tarnation to be alive at 8:30am EDT on a Sunday.

You have agreed with the only point that I wanted to make in that it is not the way you'd have handled it. It sure wasn't the way that most of us with an expectation of civility and tact would have treated each other nor the way that anyone has ever treated me when I was a gov member in my time on PB.

You have agreed with the only point that I wanted to make in that it is not the way you'd have handled it. It sure wasn't the way that most of us with an expectation of civility and tact would have treated each other nor the way that anyone has ever treated me when I was a gov member in my time on PB.

Is that your final answer? Think hard.

hahahahaha, I want to meet you sir... this post wins the thread.

you've met him before in another form. A form whose posts I'm sure you've seen since he couldn't stay away from a TPF thread without making an appearance. Had three names and wasn't especially liked by me. :lol1:

lets see.

rogue attacks us

we notice rogue is still has membership privileges on forums and IRC

we say if rogue is in fact a rogue and not a member that those privileges should be removed

otherwise we would consider it an act of war, and would therefor declare war

and yes, our friends would come along.

I fail to see how this is different than how every other alliance operates on planet bob?

is it because other alliances only imply that they would declare war? and leave the actual statement of "we will declare war" out? Big deal, everybody alliance that has somebody come to them about a former member roguing knows that if they still claim the rogue it will be war. This is not anything new

is it because other alliances don't inform the other alliance that there would be a deadline? Again big deal, every alliance that has a rogue knows they will have to take action on it sooner rather than later or it would be considered that they kept him as a member.

is it because our deadline was by the end of the day? Obviously appropriate action to ease our minds was able to be taken in this time frame. (this thread alone is proof of it)

Really the only reason this is a big deal is because it was ES that said it. Take those logs and change ES to KFG, and this thread wouldn't have had 10 replies. ES is blunt, he said things you might have tried to make more diplomatic. Guess what, problem got solved and well within our deadline.

ES did what every other alliance out there does and went to TPF.

TPF did what every other alliance does, and handled the situation.

and OWF does what OWF always does, and beats at a dead horse.

So please continue on with this thread and feel free to rip this post apart disregarding past precedence from every alliance on bob and try and make yourselves feel special.

lets see.

rogue attacks us

we notice rogue is still has membership privileges on forums and IRC

we say if rogue is in fact a rogue and not a member that those privileges should be removed

otherwise we would consider it an act of war, and would therefor declare war

and yes, our friends would come along.

I fail to see how this is different than how every other alliance operates on planet bob?

is it because other alliances only imply that they would declare war? and leave the actual statement of "we will declare war" out? Big deal, everybody alliance that has somebody come to them about a former member roguing knows that if they still claim the rogue it will be war. This is not anything new

is it because other alliances don't inform the other alliance that there would be a deadline? Again big deal, every alliance that has a rogue knows they will have to take action on it sooner rather than later or it would be considered that they kept him as a member.

is it because our deadline was by the end of the day? Obviously appropriate action to ease our minds was able to be taken in this time frame. (this thread alone is proof of it)

Really the only reason this is a big deal is because it was ES that said it. Take those logs and change ES to KFG, and this thread wouldn't have had 10 replies. ES is blunt, he said things you might have tried to make more diplomatic. Guess what, problem got solved and well within our deadline.

ES did what every other alliance out there does and went to TPF.

TPF did what every other alliance does, and handled the situation.

and OWF does what OWF always does, and beats at a dead horse.

So please continue on with this thread and feel free to rip this post apart disregarding past precedence from every alliance on bob and try and make yourselves feel special.

So basically had slayer refused or been away you guys would have DoW'd tpf with us holding no capability to meet the demands placed? Likewise had there not been a thunderstorm and I had not logged on today, you would have mass dow'ed us because only a ~ can remove access to a SOP'd nick?

We're not in disagreement regarding slayer himself, he disobeyed orders and went rogue, he posted a resignation on our forums and left the AA. I think there is some issues imposing a deadline that is unreachable if either slayer or I had not been on until update.

So basically had slayer refused or been away you guys would have DoW'd tpf with us holding no capability to meet the demands placed? Likewise had there not been a thunderstorm and I had not logged on today, you would have mass dow'ed us because only a ~ can remove access to a SOP'd nick?

We're not in disagreement regarding slayer himself, he disobeyed orders and went rogue, he posted a resignation on our forums and left the AA. I think there is some issues imposing a deadline that is unreachable if either slayer or I had not been on until update.

miss the part where i said?

Obviously appropriate action to ease our minds was able to be taken in this time frame. (this thread alone is proof of it)

(emphasis added)

This thread obviously was action that was able to be taken, and could have been taken by any government member in TPF that acknoledged that he was no longer a member and that you were taking actions as quickly as could be done....

hence, appropriate action was taken within the deadline.

KFG;

It's nice to have you be in a prominent position in alliance affairs, now.

It's also nice to call you an ally again.

Actually i'm prolly gonna get yelled at for leaving my little finance ministry and poking around in foreign affair type stuff. They always seem to like to chain the former GPA guys to the econ stuff...

I think there is some issues imposing a deadline that is unreachable if either slayer or I had not been on until update.

Regardless of what alliance I am in, I recognize TPF as a highly honorable group, so I understand that there was absolutely no ill will on your part.

I would like to see more people accept this as reality.