Andonia Elections

freakwars

ONLY VOTE FOR THREE  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The government of Andonia has recently been restructured. Candidates for the Leadership are chosen by capability, then elected by the people. There are now three leader positions, as we have become a Triumvirate. Vorian Atreides, the ArchHalaon, and Ragnar Ruriksson are currently standing in as Triumvirs

Xavier Harkonnen

Xavier wants to nationalise all buisnesses in Andonia, provide universal healthcare, and ensure everybody has a job. He also wants to form closer ties with ComIntern.

Orm Grimsson

Orm wants to dissolve AndGov corporation and remove the close ties between the government and TriA corporation. He also wants to form closer ties with Nordland, and eventually join them, if possible.

the ArchHalaon

the ArchHalaon wants to revitalise the Church of the Dragon and make church mandatory, as well as institute the laws laid down in the Holy Library as real government laws.

Vorian Atreides

Vorian Atreides is the current leader of the Skywolf Brigade,and he led the heroic holding force, that halted the Helzan advance. He wants to spend more money on the military, so that we will be prepared for the next invasion by an enemy. He supports the Dragon Bloc

Ragnar Ruriksson

Ragnar is the current leader of Andonia. He wants to stay neutral in the conflict between ComIntern and Nordland, and keep going with the same policy.

Einar Lokisson

Einar is the leader of the SSCA, and he will spend more money on the study of Ancient cultures and other scientific research.

Edited by freakwars

ooc: I object to you calling the vote so quickly.. or the fact you're having your government and people reject the kindness and protection Dragonisia has given your people in the past. Letting a public vote determine internal politics I think is the worst form of RP imaginable and in no way engenders the proper behaviour of any sane culture. That'd be like letting China determine the elections in the United States. But, whatever, your nation.

This is just evidence that in CNRP, kindness is repaid in treachery.

This is the exact kind of garbage that makes me want to leave CNRP so vehemently. People have no idea how real states should work or demographics or populations.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

ooc: This is not the way to do it, this is the way to a surefire war and the re-annexation of the land you were gifted. It's also, at least in my thoughts, exactly against what a people who generally respected and appreciated what their neighbors had done for them would be apt to do. Favoring a bloc a half a world-away.. I mean... seriously. You didn't even have a pro-dragon bloc candidate in there.

Anthony Davis issued this statement, "We are quite confused as to why the Andonian people would elect someone favoring a bloc in Europe and not their own people in Asia, but seeing as we have no choice but to deal with this administration based on their selection, we will with due hesitation welcome them to power. The persons selected are surely a bizarre mix."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

ooc: Problem is that it likely won't make a difference because you have shown you're willing not to wait on people to vote over an adequate time frame.. 5 hours isn't even enough for all time zones to read your thread.. And the same people who voted previously will still likely vote in like fashion with only a few differences. It won't reflect what your populace would think.. any external election is a farce.. at best, used to determine a new direction in rp, but hardly a way to say you're reflecting your people's will. I mean, hell, your people were GIVEN that land.. FREE.. by Dragonisia less than 3 RP years ago.

OOC: I just want to go in a new direction. My nation would still be very pro-dragonisian.

Also, if I had been going just by votes the Triumvirs would have been Vorian,Xavier, and Orm

I'm trying to make a balanced government

Edited by freakwars

OOC: META-GAMING re-opening elections due to OOC demands. (:v:) But yeah I agree, personally I don't like people doing open elections to determine internal RP, (I see it as kind of passing the buck) but that just means I won't do it, if others want to that's fine.

Edited by iamthey