The Heart of Echelon

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now if that were true you wouldn't have made this thread, you would have messaged them directly with your response. This is clearly a piece of propaganda. I think you are right that what GOD did was a bit lowly, but don't pretend this thread isn't for PR.

You must be right. It is in no way like this thread.

The irony of someone from STA posting a private channels FTW message in this situation is... remarkable. (Note that I still think that thread was a good idea on STA's part.)

That aside, GOD needs to get its people on message. Are the reps demands just normal reps demands because NPO attacked OV, GOD's winning the war, and GOD likes reps, or are they because Echelon has a desire to seek revenge on GOD over the Aurora Borealis incident and GOD needs to protect themselves in the future from Echelon's evil? Really, I'm not clear.

You must be right. It is in no way like this thread.

The irony of someone from STA posting a private channels FTW message in this situation is... remarkable. (Note that I still think that thread was a good idea on STA's part.)

If you can't tell the difference between someone publicising GOD offering individual surrender terms to their members in an attempt to portray it as a crime and the entire membership of an alliance delivering a message about the terms they will not accept and why then you are a bigger fool than I thought.

No your thread was not funny and its intention was to insult me and the membership I represent. At least stand up and own it, to do otherwise is just sad.

It seems to me that the intentions of "The Bodybag" are truly known only by its creator. I've been assured that it was never the intention to offend or insult. As the Echelon Minister of Communications, who among many other duties is responsible for the oversight of alliance-related propagandas, I can tell you this, Echelon doesn't support propaganda that sets out to offend or insult. While I may not understand your objection fully, I apologize if you were offended and assure you that such was never the intention.

Don't go demanding pretentious things. Your judgment of honor is not valid beyond your own world view, and the moral high-ground does not belong to you.

Perhaps so, but whats ironic is that your profile says your a member of the New Sith Order. Whats funny about that is is how your throwing out all sorts of support to Karma, when your alliance is led by the individual who masterminded many of the tactics and deeds which fuel Karma's fire. Perhaps the high road doesn't belong to me, but I doubt it belongs to any of the Echelon bashers who relentlessly thrash us in threads like these.

I'm simply human, I do the best i can. I play this game for fun, always have and always will. I try to play with honor and dignity, but nobodys perfect, I just do the best i can.

Just a few short months ago, I likely would have been piling on Echelon just like you guys. I've played this game for an awfully long time, it'll be 3 years next week to be exact. I remember a time a little over two years ago where I was ZI'd at the hands of the New Pacific Order and her allies. I remember hating Pacifica so vehently as I watched as my first alliance, The National Alliance of Artic Countries disbanded. I recall wanting so badly to exact my revenge, to get even. As the time went on, I went through several alliances before I finally landed in Echelon. As times change, so do your friends, and as your friends change so do your enemies. Who's right and who's wrong in this game are all a matter of perception, As time goes on, your perceptions will change, and who knows, in 6 or 12 months, you might look back and be ashamed of your present actions (or maybe not, who knows?). When I see all these people go on about how "awful" Echelon is, I chuckle. I chuckle because these people don't know Echelon like i know Echelon, if they did we'd have people beating down the door to get in because we're seriously that awesome. I've only been in Echelon for 6 months now, and it doesn't phase me when people talk about what Echelon's done in the past. Its irrelevant, of all my time in cybernations, I've enjoyed my time in Echelon the most, the people in Echelon are great and make the game fun. At the end of the day, I think that counts for an awful lot.

Disgusting, GOD allows individual surrenders? This is unprecedented. I'm outraged, hear me roar! *rawr*

Sure, i guess it could be that, but since that was hardly mentioned aside from a breif sentence clear at the end, I almost missed that. Sure, he contends that the offer is open, but that clearly takes a backseat to the bigger message he tries to convey: That the leadership of Echelon doesn't care for its membership and that they favor a war that continues indefinately. As a member of Echelon's government, I know that such is nothing further from the truth. I have no doubt what-so-ever that NoFish's message was intended first and foremost as a direct insult to the Echelon leadership and his intention was to use "mind games" to weaken Echelon to acheive his personal goals. Echelon is not averse to paying reparations, we don't expect white peace, and we understand that such is simply part of the game. Its true that we've not come out of this war on top. The terms that were presented to Echelon tonight were unfair and a kick in a face. The leaders of Echelon were willing to come to the table and would have been conducive to reaching a solution which included fair and reasonable reparations. Being out of this war would be nice, but I agree with the conclusions of Echelon's represenatives at the peace talks that it isn't worth the unfair and unreasonable terms which were presented to us tonight.

May everybody have a nice day, Even in the darkest of times theres never a reason to be uncivil.

-mp

Edited by memoryproblems

Well, its clear, they dont like the idea of their membership having the option of individual surrender and peace. I see no problem with that.

Also, GOD and MA, stop hoarding all the Ech slots.

I don't see how that matters to you, being in peace and all...

Edited by memoryproblems

Echelon is willing to pay reparations.

The amount that they'll be capable of paying is steadily decreasing with each day of war.

GOD insists on very specific terms that they know Echelon will not accept.

GOD gets to take Echelon into perpetual war and claim the moral high ground because they turned down the terms.

It's extremely transparent, and knowing GOD's leadership, they've got some grudges, and would almost surely rather see Echelon destroyed than to actually grant them peace of any kind. What's the point of such a specific term? If it wasn't created simply because you all knew it would be turned down, then what purpose does it serve? It's quite evident that you don't want your blood money like other alliances. You want the blood instead. Why drag all those alliances to the table if you already know what you want? You want this war to continue until Echelon is dust. Why waste everyone's time, Xiphosis?

If you can't tell the difference between someone publicising GOD offering individual surrender terms to their members in an attempt to portray it as a crime and the entire membership of an alliance delivering a message about the terms they will not accept and why then you are a bigger fool than I thought.

You've evidently missed the point of this thread. <_<

Ah well. I suppose maybe Echelon will take you up on it and post the full terms they were offered.

But this thread isn't about individual terms, it's about the membership stating they support their leadership's decision to refuse terms.

It's hard work, but we try.

Your sig says everything.

I thought it was something as barbaric as all members must now be pantsless when engaged in governing thier nations.

Or is that just me?

So they are sending out messages to your general membership saying you refused terms, but people can still surrender individually ...

Sending out propaganda which is true to the people they are fighting ? Truly despicable deeds here.

Whats next ? Are they gonna continue fighting you because you didnt accept their surrender terms ?

Who knows what evil will come soon.

In attempting to subvert our governmental process.

Wait, GOD wants to subvert your governmental process ?

Its almost as if they are "attacking" you for decisions your government made that they disagree with.

How dare they do such a thing, it seems as if GOD is actually trying to systematically damage your alliance.

It's like free air conditioning.

I've been telling people that...its a nice breeze.

On a related note, my opinion of many people over the hedge has changed quite the bit. But Echelon hasn't changed at all. Stay classy.

I've been telling people that...its a nice breeze.

On a related note, my opinion of many people over the hedge has changed quite the bit. But Echelon hasn't changed at all. Stay classy.

glad to have your vote of confidence.

We do try :D

Edited by memoryproblems

glad to have your vote of confidence.

We do try :D

Oh how little you know:

19:34 Mykep How do you do sarcasm on forums?

19:35 Mykep this guy in Echelon thinks I think he is classy

19:35 firestorm well.. if I'm joking around about steel cage matches it is a good sign I'm being sarcastic.

19:35 firestorm link?

19:36 firestorm does echelon even have anything left?

19:36 Mykep http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...t&p=1574270

19:36 firestorm I'd think by now they'd be reduce to throwing tacos at the enemy.

how funny that other people talk about others not understanding them being sarcastic when they themselves don't see the sarcasm of others, eh?

Thus why sarcasm is undetectable by typing :)

You've evidently missed the point of this thread. <_<

The main gist of the thread was painting GOD's messaging of Echelon members as dishonourable. Hence the screenshot.

Ah well. I suppose maybe Echelon will take you up on it and post the full terms they were offered.

Up to them. I couldn't care less really.

But this thread isn't about individual terms, it's about the membership stating they support their leadership's decision to refuse terms.

It is about individual terms that GOD offered via private message to members of Echelon.