Helzan Military Moves

King Kevz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"You are concerned with profit after attempting to put a sovereign nation to the torch? We will be pleased to see your head roll."

The High General was not the person who ordered the attack. Would you be willing to make the same mistake Colonel Radec made in ordering the attack in the first place?

The situation is resolved? And no consequences for the invader?

President Landry:

"I do not wish to send a message to future belligerents that they are allowed to attack on a whim, and when they start losing can just withdraw. I have activated my country's entire military in order to defend my ally against an imperial enemy who wages war when they can barely afford to run their government. If I call off this war, the economic reverberations will be too harsh in the Melvin Republic. You probably don't know much about my country, but negative GDP growth is usually the last thing a President runs before being voted out of office.

I do not recognize this state of peace, unless my nation is compensated for economic loss it will surely suffer from such economic turbulence. Other nations will not violate the sovereignty of my allies, wreak economic devastation in the Melvin Republic, and cause my political death without consequences."

President Landry, your words border on the belligerent themselves. If you attack the Helzan and attempt to force a payment, you will face our guns.

"The only problem is that I don't believe they have much to give, President Landry.. and even less for us to want to take. I might have to send you some aid to straighten your ship. How about we call for the surrender of their military command that started this conflict and assigning them to house arrest?"

An excellent idea. Of course, it would be Colonel Radec, not the High General, you should imprison.

"There is no price on life. There is no sufficient compensation that will alleviate the suffering of the family that has lost these seven hundred. This is an example of the abuse of power on an unprecedented scale. We demand that after compensation is paid, there be a regime change in Helzan via elections by the population there. Existing government members will be forbidden from running in this contest. The winners of the election would take power immediately, and the leaders currently presiding over that state are to be put under lifelong house-arrest for the murder of 700 innocent Andonian civillians. If the terms are refused, the war will continue."
"No there is not. If the General will not resign, then we will oust the general."

"You do that, and despite what we wish otherwise...you will find yourself ousted. You are threatening the wrong person. She is not responsible for the attack, and has payed all the reparations the Andonians have asked for.

President Landry:

Possibly you could rethink your answer? These are very lenient terms here. I support my Chairman's decision, but I felt even those terms were too easy. The damage you've caused to my nation economically will be the death of my political career and positive leadership over the Melvin Republic.. Basically, you have forced a regime change within my nation, yet the Helzan are unable to do the same?

"Landry, I think I can accomodate your costs of war from the old nuclear recovery reserves.. they're down to 750 billion, but that's no small sum. That should quiet your people's concerns. I hate footing the cost for peace, but additional bloodshed just seems ignorant at this point. Perhaps you can spin your people's view on this as having avoided an utterly pointless war that would have cost thousands of lives on sheets of ice miles away from home. High General Valerie, your patent for bad decisions has left me disgusted with your ability to lead a nation and to address true threats, but we will stand down. Your nation is to be put under embargo by the Dragon Bloc for no less than 10 years, and your ships will not be allowed to enter our waters during that time without being fired upon. Your embassies in our states, if any, will be closed.. the land sold.. and the money given to an Andonian Charity to support the families of those who have lost lives. Your assets in our states will be frozen and any trades pending canceled and the items confiscated for said charity. If you even breathe a word of hostility against any nation upon this world, except for very justifiable reasons, we will stand with your opponents and aid them. After 10 years, pending your behavior, we will review this punishment to see if it merits being relieved. This is the final decision of the Dragon Bloc. Given you will not have access to most of the resources in Asia.. we're going to find it entertaining to see how you manage to survive in Antarctica."

"We also make an offer to President Landry, in the sum of £30 million. (OOC: That's the symbol for the Pound) However, we must protest the embargo of the Helzan. We ourselves see no reason to punish those who have done nothing wrong. Arrest the man who is responsible, let the damages be payed, and leave it all in peace. The High General is NOT the one who made this decision. We will not help enforce the embargo, and will, in fact, insist on trading more hevily with the Helzan to compensate for your actions."

"If they are willing to imprison all responsible persons, including the Colonel, we'll lighten the sanctions to a high tariff load. The tariffs will be used to offset the losses expended on compensating our allies. Or, if you are willing to help with the burden Promised land, we'll simply be satisfied with them handing over those responsible for the attacks.. the Colonel specifically, or imprisoning those persons to house arrest for life. We think it's unwise though to let a government off lightly for allowing the military, over which they SHOULD have control.. commit these atrocities. At the same time we won't risk relations with our long time allies in Australia. Would you find this acceptable? If so.. what if the Helzan still refuse?"

I'm very appreciative of your 30 million offer, but unfortunately a sum that size might pay to convert 1% of the Republic's industries.

Also, you might want to remember, arresting even the Colonel is impossible with communications cut off. Also, I do not buy that this military offensive was not sanctioned by Helzans' High Command, it is typical for a defeated state to present a scapegoat.

"If they are willing to imprison all responsible persons, including the Colonel, we'll lighten the sanctions to a high tariff load. The tariffs will be used to offset the losses expended on compensating our allies. Or, if you are willing to help with the burden Promised land, we'll simply be satisfied with them handing over those responsible for the attacks.. the Colonel specifically, or imprisoning those persons to house arrest for life. We think it's unwise though to let a government off lightly for allowing the military, over which they SHOULD have control.. commit these atrocities. At the same time we won't risk relations with our long time allies in Australia. Would you find this acceptable? If so.. what if the Helzan still refuse?"

We are indeed willing to help with the burden. These are acceptable terms. if they refuse, we will believe that the High General is no longer in charge, and deal with the problem ourselves.

***Classified to Dragonisia***

By dealing with it ourselves, we mean we will send in a black-ops team to neutralize whoever has couped her.

I'm very appreciative of your 30 million offer, but unfortunately a sum that size might pay to convert 1% of the Republic's industries.

Also, you might want to remember, arresting even the Colonel is impossible with communications cut off. Also, I do not buy that this military offensive was not sanctioned by Helzans' High Command, it is typical for a defeated state to present a scapegoat.

It is also not typical for a leader to blatantly ignore a policy they themselves put into effect. High General Valerie has been a strong advocate for peace, as you would know if you had paid the slighted bit of attention over the past few months (ooc: RL weeks).

And seeing the numbers you provide...we offer to triple the sum.

The Kingdom of Cochin condemns the hasty Helzan military actions against Andonia. Due to internal issues we could not respond sooner but we are solidly behind our Dragon Bloc allies.

However we do see that peace has broken out and that is welcome.