The Italian mess

Markus Wilding

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, merged nations cannot destroy the nations merging into it.

That's not how I read it. If you ask me, the rule was abit ambiguous.

And nowadays, it's politically incorrect to use it

See: The Wiki article

Why am I not surprised... :D Personally, I really could care less if someone called me that...it IS true i'm not Japanese after all... :P

Why am I not surprised... :D Personally, I really could care less if someone called me that...it IS true i'm not Japanese after all... :P

And? I don't care what it means, I care that she's speaking Japanese on a majority-English forum and I'll be damned if I have to go and look up whatever she says.

And? I don't care what it means, I care that she's speaking Japanese on a majority-English forum and I'll be damned if I have to go and look up whatever she says.

And what gave you the idea that I was saying anything other than the explanation for what it means and how I personally felt about it?

And what gave you the idea that I was saying anything other than the explanation for what it means and how I personally felt about it?

So does that mean that everyone must now speak english and that no thread may contain any other language?

Foreigner doesn't have the same impact as gaijin, given how the Neo Japs should be revolting by now. The giveaway of Japan never made much sense, which is why I'm helping Sarah do things realistically.

That being said, I still believe in a reset of relations. Let's try to be civil.

Forum rules are that post have to be in english.

Yes a post not words. So if I typed a full post in another language then it would be wrong but one or two words should be ok. Also Sargun I am sure has read one or two other posts like Frost's in French etc and never complained.

I have seen others offer translations and Frost was banned over not posting in English, I daresay I should be complaining to him while he's down. In any case, I'm not saying she has to do something, I'm saying that having to go look up a key word in a sentence is annoying when it takes the exact same amount of time to simply write the English version.

No, merged nations cannot destroy another nation they are attacking in war without that persons permission.

Sucks for you. Any rules that discriminate against a certain group of people I will just consider to be in the same vein as "I don't like you so I'm going to make it harder on you" rules.

Edited by Sargun

Sucks for you. Any rules that discriminate against a certain group of people I will just consider to be in the same vein as "I don't like you so I'm going to make it harder on you" rules.

Go read what Stormcrow wrote.

You can't destroy your own nation, can't destroy other peoples nations

So no one can destroy a merged nation? Nice to know that no one can be destroyed now.

I see it as meaning when merging, if you leave CNRP that part you contributed to a merge leaves too. And, that merged nations cannot destroy the nations of other players (not in the merge)

I see it as meaning when merging, if you leave CNRP that part you contributed to a merge leaves too. And, that merged nations cannot destroy the nations of other players (not in the merge)

You didn't answer my question. (I phrased it wrong I think :P) So merged nations cannot be destroyed by other nations?

You didn't answer my question. (I phrased it wrong I think :P) So merged nations cannot be destroyed by other nations?

A merged nation is vulnerable to outside attack yes. And it can be utterly destroyed. Where as a nation attacked from outside by a merged one cannot.

I believe the question is: We can't roll over other nations with tanks anymore?

You can, unless you are a merged nation. Its called game balance.

Also LVN, check the neo tokyo times thread. It is waiting for your presence.

People are getting up in arms about me 'picking' on you. You have nothing, and even if you did, you have no permission. Don't derail this thread, just sit down and shut up.

A merged You can, unless you are a merged nation. Its called game balance.

People are getting up in arms about me 'picking' on you. You have nothing, and even if you did, you have no permission. Don't derail this thread, just sit down and shut up.

So merged nation would have to partner up with an unmerged nation.

Also, I like how you just managed to ignore RP realities. You asked for links, I provided them. Ready to ignore the evidence before your eyes?

Go read what Stormcrow wrote.

You can't destroy your own nation, can't destroy other peoples nations

Actually, you read what he said

After careful consideration, mergers are back on the table. Although fine-tuning is still going on, the basic rule of thumb is:

1. No roleplaying another person's military

2. Can't kill of their players.

3. Can't end their countries (as in destroy them)

4. Have either a historic, logical, regional, or very well roleplayed reason to them.

Look at #3. They can't end their own nations. THEIR. Let me repeat it one more time. THEIR nations. There is nothing about asking permission to destroy someone else, there is no way you can interpret as such.

Good thing I went back to actually read the wording of what Stormcrow wrote.

Look at #3. They can't end their own nations. THEIR. Let me repeat it one more time. THEIR nations. There is nothing about asking permission to destroy someone else, there is no way you can interpret as such.

Good thing I went back to actually read the wording of what Stormcrow wrote.

Um, I have noted that one too. Go read my post a few below the one quoted.

No.

This is not going to continue. I see nothing but chaos and screaming matches, and alot of rudeness, as though I'd never told any of you to play by the respect policy. This thread is locked, and until a well written suggestion is sent to myself or Spock, my previously stated rules about merged nations are the only ones that are going to fly.

GMs: Telling someone to shut up is not only a poor representation of yourself, but of the Staff members who elected to place you in a position of authority. If you believe we have matters to fix, send a detailed pm to myself, Spock, and HK47, and we will discuss this together away from this forum.