The Italian mess

Markus Wilding

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great answer, I'll use that the next time you don't like something I do.

We've argued it intelligently and rebutted it whenever you bring it up, it is simply too much to try and explain it to you all again and again what happened, and why it doesn't matter anyway.

Before the end of the Slavorussian war, no one ever complained about how citizens acted when a new nation took up rise in their territory, it's ridiculous to start caring now that we, the Nordland, have far more power than we've had before and are, essentially, impenetrable.

I would love it if you interpreted that as a mild threat and came back with something you thought incredibly witty, or you thought it was an opportunity for calling out a challenge that we dealt to you, because maybe it would end all the whining around here, though I guess not, as we'd still have all the power we want and we don't want to do what you think we're going to do. Ah well, I suppose this Cold War will continue forever, won't it? Or will someone out there grow a pair and come and invade Nordland?

I suppose the last line was a challenge. Really it's getting boring over here <_<

Or will someone out there grow a pair and come and invade Nordland?

I suppose the last line was a challenge. Really it's getting boring over here <_<

Nobody like to play with powergamers. Go get some original ideas instead of flogging the dead horse of Nordic this and that (Maybe that might stop you being bored!).

I'm sorry, who's phrase is it?

Mine.

Yes, and it's quite an annoying phrase that pretty much says "I don't want to debate your points, so here's an insult".

We've argued it intelligently and rebutted it whenever you bring it up, it is simply too much to try and explain it to you all again and again what happened, and why it doesn't matter anyway.

Before the end of the Slavorussian war, no one ever complained about how citizens acted when a new nation took up rise in their territory, it's ridiculous to start caring now that we, the Nordland, have far more power than we've had before and are, essentially, impenetrable.

I would love it if you interpreted that as a mild threat and came back with something you thought incredibly witty, or you thought it was an opportunity for calling out a challenge that we dealt to you, because maybe it would end all the whining around here, though I guess not, as we'd still have all the power we want and we don't want to do what you think we're going to do. Ah well, I suppose this Cold War will continue forever, won't it? Or will someone out there grow a pair and come and invade Nordland?

I've "complained" about it for quite awhile, but I guess you ignore things that are inconvenient. I've always supported history consistency, including citizens. I've seen very little "intelligent rebuttal" and more "might makes right" from your side, so you're going to have to try harder than just saying that you've won every argument.

Another common tactic of the Nordic side is to say "take it to PM's", then not reply to any of the PM's, thus hiding the fact that they are ignoring valid arguments. This has happened to me and my friends several times, which is why I don't take arguments to PM. I leave them out in the open for everyone to see.

As for the cold war, I don't have the military strength to fight a nation of your size, I'm not stupid, I'm not going to charge headfirst into meat grinder. I'd say more on the topic but I don't feel like giving anyone a chance to metagame.

This isn't a Cold War. Cold Wars are interesting, have development, good roleplays. This is nothing more than the ComIntern and the Nords saying they hate each other in different words. More importantly, no matter how much you say otherwise I can see a good deal of OOC animosity that would most certainly prevent you two from getting together and actually getting a sort of 'game plan' for a real Cold War.

Yet again, the IC/OOC line is blurred - the potential for such great roleplay is doomed to fail because we cannot sit together as a group without thoroughly attacking each other.

Yet again, the IC/OOC line is blurred - the potential for such great roleplay is doomed to fail because we cannot sit together as a group without thoroughly attacking each other.

Just when one source of trouble is gone, up comes this......

Seriously guys (since no gals are involved), let's press the reset button just once and try to be polite to each other. I do not want to see CNRP degenerate to what the rancor between Frost and me was like.

Edited by Sumeragi

Which we all know was a move done for OOC motivations and promises.

So? As long as the OOC did not give an unfair advantage, I do not see the problem.

I mean, considering how people are quiet about Neo Japan falling under a gaijin ruler(OOC considerations, obviously) without much dissent, this is a double standard.

So? As long as the OOC did not give an unfair advantage, I do not see the problem.

I mean, considering how people are quiet about Neo Japan falling under a gaijin ruler(OOC considerations, obviously) without much dissent, this is a double standard.

This, my stats didn't get boosted or something I even lost land.

Which we all know was a move done for OOC motivations and promises.

Oh my God who cares?

The only reason that people ever move, with some obvious exceptions, is for OOC reasons. I moved from India to China for OOC reasons, Frost moved from Japan to France for OOC reasons, Sargun moved from Africa to America for OOC reasons, I moved from China to Europe for OOC reasons, Centurius moved from the Balkans to South America for OOC reasons, the list goes on and on and on.

It's something that's happened for a very, very long time, and accusing Centurius of it only now is just a complete double standard, especially when you have far more unrealistic moves like Alvonia to North Dakota, Balomesh to Italy and then to South Dakota, and that list goes on. It is nothing that hasn't happened before, people just want a change of scenery, that's all.

Oh my God who cares?

The only reason that people ever move, with some obvious exceptions, is for OOC reasons. I moved from India to China for OOC reasons, Frost moved from Japan to France for OOC reasons, Sargun moved from Africa to America for OOC reasons, I moved from China to Europe for OOC reasons, Centurius moved from the Balkans to South America for OOC reasons, the list goes on and on and on.

It's something that's happened for a very, very long time, and accusing Centurius of it only now is just a complete double standard, especially when you have far more unrealistic moves like Alvonia to North Dakota, Balomesh to Italy and then to South Dakota, and that list goes on. It is nothing that hasn't happened before, people just want a change of scenery, that's all.

Woahwoahwoah. I moved to the Americas because that was the only available land I liked. Also because then I wouldn't be surrounded by my IC enemies.

Woahwoahwoah. I moved to the Americas because that was the only available land I liked. Also because then I wouldn't be surrounded by my IC enemies.

See? OOC reasons. I'm not arguing the legitimacy, but it is an OOC reason, and if Centurius' move is disputed, then all other moves should be as well.

See? OOC reasons. I'm not arguing the legitimacy, but it is an OOC reason, and if Centurius' move is disputed, then all other moves should be as well.

That wasn't really too OOC. Say your government leader survived after a war wher all of his land was claimed. Where would you go? Somewhere close to your enemies or somewhere close to your allies? IC that's what any leader would do, get as far away from his enemies as possible.

"I moved to America because I was invaded and wanted to get away from my enemies."

That's not OOC at all.

I moved to America because I re-roll'd. Cent didn't even do the pleasure of re-rolling, he simply traded land.

Oh my God who cares?

These are all entirely different than trading your land and political alliance for the opposite side of the spectrum in exchange for his old lands back. Centurius moved to South America because it was a lot of land open in an underdeveloped area. Not OOC; the same reasons Nazi German Officers moved there for refuge.

I guess the obvious question is what can or will be done about it? Sounds to me like nothing can or will be done about it. So why get worked up over it? If you don't like what Centurius did then don't role play with Centurius.

I guess the obvious question is what can or will be done about it? Sounds to me like nothing can or will be done about it. So why get worked up over it? If you don't like what Centurius did then don't role play with Centurius.

The problem with that is, if they declare war on you and you refuse to recognize their RP, guess what? You auto-lose.

If by gaijin you mean foreign, please say so. We don't speak Japanese.

Yes, it means, esentially, a non-Japanese person, I believe.

The problem with that is, if they declare war on you and you refuse to recognize their RP, guess what? You auto-lose.

Yes, an unfortunate rule. But...remember, as per the new rules, the merged nations can't destroy a nation without the consent of the person RP'ing it... ;)

Yes, it means, esentially, a non-Japanese person, I believe.

Yes, an unfortunate rule. But...remember, as per the new rules, the merged nations can't destroy a nation without the consent of the person RP'ing it... ;)

No, merged nations cannot destroy the nations merging into it.