The Italian mess

Markus Wilding

That's odd. I posted it after I had read both announcements from the NC. And that was only a few minutes after I woke up.

Today, 08:41 AM

Today, 04:11 PM

16:11 - 08:41 = 3:30 remaining until it's been up for 12 hours.

Edited by hawk_11

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should be done with work...Where the heck do these guys live, anyway?

People have Social lives too you know

Maybe they were taking a nap and had to rush to work? :D

Or that

Edited by Centurius

Its simple really Greater Nordland is a hell of a lot bigger than you. Why pick on some one your own size when there a people much smaller than you to pick on.

I don't think there is anyone who isn't smaller than Nordland. Except for maybe the new United States.

My personal opinion is this:

Should GNR wish to rp out their dislike of what they feel is colonialism that is fine with me. However, simply posting some announcement saying, "Yo.. Alvonia.. get lost..." doesn't quite do it for me. I really do want to see them put some effort into an RP that justifies their actions. Have they contacted you ICly and discussed the situaiton?

Absolutely not..

Have they held some sort of conference or meeting?

nope..

Seriously boys, I'm all for role play and I really think it wouldn't hurt to put some effort into this. Merger's posts, while well done, lack any of that backstory that explains the events leading up to the announcement. It seemed utterly random and without any foundation.

CREATE Yo' back stories dudes!

Well, it seems some of their members think that IC and OOC are exactly the same. I actually should have logs of that this time should anyone want to see them.

They don't think they need IC justification if they think that IC and OOC are the same. Of course, if any of them want to prove me wrong, I'm right here.

Edited by BaronUberstein

Hey dudes.. seriously.. Does it matter if they post or not? The RP got turfed due to OOC knowledge. Accept that you are lucky it did and let it go.

Let's drop the egos and go do some writing.

Ego's? Is it really an "ego" to expect people to explain unacceptable actions?

[10:24] Baron_Ãœberstein: and you used OOC land deals to join their side

[10:24] Baron_Ãœberstein: nice reroll

[10:25] Centurius: every ic action is ooc

[10:25] Baron_Ãœberstein: at least do it openly if you support their side so much. Why didn't you simply change your nation's goverment

[10:25] Baron_Ãœberstein: ...and that attitude is why I have lost respect for you

[10:25] Centurius: because I wanted Yugoslavia

Unrelated to the current topic, but it shows that at least one of them doesn't respect the IC/OOC line. Usually people hang around similar acting people, and we have seen from the Nord's actions that something is up when it comes to their respect of the IC/OOC line. We need to stop taking BS and keep IC IC. The only change to these logs was highlighting a phrase I view as important.

I RP my characters as their own separate personalities. Uberstein isn't me, he's a character. He has IC justification for every action he does. I'm not the best RPer, but I try to remain consistent with my belief that IC should remain IC and that OOC has no part, and it annoys me when I see people breaking this for selfish reasons.

Edited by BaronUberstein

Because honestly your intention is to grind an axe rather than to resolve an issue now isn't it? The issue got resolved and they don't to have to explain anything.

As far as them respecting the OOC/IC line I'd have to suggest they aren't the only ones guilty of it. Let's look around the forums and take stock of the raging attitudes people have towards each other and how they interfere with our role plays.

Because honestly your intention is to grind an axe rather than to resolve an issue now isn't it? The issue got resolved and they don't to have to explain anything.

As far as them respecting the OOC/IC line I'd have to suggest they aren't the only ones guilty of it. Let's look around the forums and take stock of the raging attitudes people have towards each other and how they interfere with our role plays.

I'm trying to resolve the BIGGER issue, not just this Italian mess. I'm trying to do my best, with the limited powers I have as a player, to stop the metagaming and just say "NO" when people try to Godmod.

The reason people are getting angry at each other is because some people are cheating to win, and people tend to get angry when people aren't playing the game with respect for other people. Just look at what is happening in normal CN, from what I've seen the NPO is getting rolled, why? Because people were tired of it's BS.

Every action has a reaction, I'm not a real "forgive and forget" when it comes to these things.

But there is one line I do not cross, the IC/OOC line. If they managed to kill Uberstein and everyone who would possibly rise up to take his place, I wouldn't go to war with them because nobody would be pushing it. My characters are not me, and IC is a seperate world from OOC.

Edited by BaronUberstein

Its natural to cross the OOC/IC line, we try not to, but everyone is guilty of it at some point. The thing is as while we are not our characters, I think for most of us, we are pretty close to how they would act in real life. We write for them and will this is a story, this unfortunately is also a game and people want to get ahead in a game. This doesn't explain some land transfers or sudden changes in government or sudden breaking or forging of alliances, but it does happen, but when you look at it as a game it definitely does. Its something to improve on, but once its been written and either accepted or ignored it is there to stay. But yes, Uber, I agree the OOC/IC line is something that everyone needs to work on. But I don't see the issue being resolved anytime soon.

Its natural to cross the OOC/IC line, we try not to, but everyone is guilty of it at some point. The thing is as while we are not our characters, I think for most of us, we are pretty close to how they would act in real life. We write for them and will this is a story, this unfortunately is also a game and people want to get ahead in a game. This doesn't explain some land transfers or sudden changes in government or sudden breaking or forging of alliances, but it does happen, but when you look at it as a game it definitely does. Its something to improve on, but once its been written and either accepted or ignored it is there to stay. But yes, Uber, I agree the OOC/IC line is something that everyone needs to work on. But I don't see the issue being resolved anytime soon.

Ah see this is the lovely voice of reason people. I advise you to listen to its sweet sound.

Edited by King Kevz