The Italian mess

Markus Wilding

I want to get two things out of the way here.

1. Don't make ultimatums and give me literally no time to respond. I have a life too. Hell I even need to sleep.

2. I claimed that land legitimety in a roleplayed thread. Want to prove me wrong? Link:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...c=57558&hl= Returning to Italy

Balomesh and I agreed to exchange my South Dakota threads in exchange for the Italy lands. After we planned it out, I RP'ed it and here we are now.

Tell me, even when you KNEW that I had it, why didn't you try to invade or make these pretty ultimatums like you did last night? I want a straight answer from Malatose, Merger, Martens and anybody else in the Nordland merger only, please.

Also, I think it would be best for EVERYONE to CAREFULLY read all of my posts from Fall Barborossa. After SlavoRussia surrenders, I never surrendered. I couldn't even defend myself properly because all of you were utterly destroying me so fast I couldn't do a bleedin' thing about it.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...3350&st=280

So, to summarize,

1. I have Italy legitimetly

2. I could not respond to the ultimatum before it was locked

3. I never surrendered during the SlavoRussian war

4. I could not RP my forces properly because of all the ganging up on me

See where I'm going? I delved into the Barborossa campaign because of this statement:

In reality, very little land was damaged at all, as the Alvonian troops surrendered like Frenchmen to the WNSR troops.

What the hell? I specifically RPed my forces fighting to the bitter end in that campaign. You have no right to say they surrendered like Frenchies because they didn't and never would. IC you killed them all.

Edited by N Reeki

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, but I'm still miffed. It shows complete ignorance on their part, AND they even tried to make it again! I hate it when people show complete disrespect for other people, and evne RPing what my citizens did...other than metagaming that's one of the biggest don't-dos.

The way that Merger and Sargun RPed their forces, to me, forced me to say "x soldiers and tanks were killed/destroyed", otherwise I would have been able to defend and hold the land. Even during Sargun's initial landing, he said:

The badly trained Alvonian Air Force

That would be RPing my citizens, if I am correct. I don't think that techologically inferior air force = badly trained. And when you factor in the fact that I had little t ono time to RP during that itme, it was a recipie for disaster.

No one is doubting that your claims on Italy is OOC legitimate, however it is Nordland's policy (and the policy of other nations) to discourage and/or take action against colonies in their continental spheres of influence.

The safest course of action is to name which land area you own is your "home", then put the other in protectorate status. That clears any air about you being an American colonialist or a European colonialist. But hey, that's just me.

No one is doubting that your claims on Italy is OOC legitimate, however it is Nordland's policy (and the policy of other nations) to discourage and/or take action against colonies in their continental spheres of influence.

The safest course of action is to name which land area you own is your "home", then put the other in protectorate status. That clears any air about you being an American colonialist or a European colonialist. But hey, that's just me.

I'm still wondering why nobody has answered my main question:

Tell me, even when you KNEW that I had it, why didn't you try to invade or make these pretty ultimatums like you did last night? I want a straight answer from Malatose, Merger, Martens and anybody else in the Nordland merger only, please.

Eventually people will realize that this was all about removing non-european entities from Europe and nothing about legit claims or any of that other nonsense.

Is it? It still seems like meta-gaming, considering the new announcement looked suspiciously similar to the old...

Is it? It still seems like meta-gaming, considering the new announcement looked suspiciously similar to the old...

The message itself was perfectly legit RP. The new one mergy posted was supposed to have all the references to the USA out of the picture, and just go on about American colonization in Europe :P. What this whole mess is, is some people taking this anti-colonization way out of proportion and failing to deal with it IC. Cuz really, its all it is. Anti-Colonization.

No it wasn't. It was a repeat thread with only tiny bits taken out and posted. Where were you guys when Sargun had holdings on nearly every freaking continent? He had Greenland, Africa, Europe, and I'm sure there's one or two that I'm missing. My point is that this reeks of contradictions. If you had no IC problem with those claims, why do you have them now?

The message itself was perfectly legit RP. The new one mergy posted was supposed to have all the references to the USA out of the picture, and just go on about American colonization in Europe :P . What this whole mess is, is some people taking this anti-colonization way out of proportion and failing to deal with it IC. Cuz really, its all it is. Anti-Colonization.

Not when it's a near-perfect copy of the old, with only a few details altered to make it seem legitimate.

No it wasn't. It was a repeat thread with only tiny bits taken out and posted. Where were you guys when Sargun had holdings on nearly every freaking continent? He had Greenland, Africa, Europe, and I'm sure there's one or two that I'm missing. My point is that this reeks of contradictions. If you had no IC problem with those claims, why do you have them now?

That's what I'd like to know... <_<

Oh, and he had holdings in Asia, too.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Well for one, I <--- Was on an entirely different continent and couldn't care less about Europe. Secondly, as there is an no-Colonization policy in regards to the America's, (and before you even begin to say that no such doctrine exists, nearly every person in CNRP adheres to it, so there's no point trying to skate around it) it is awfully hypocritical to be colonizing Europe. Thirdly, I wont begin to try and fathom the relationship between Sargun and the NC before I arrived (though I suspect it had something to do with the fact he was a mod at the time), and if you want to know why they waited, ask Greater Nordland yourself in PM. Or here. Or even In Character where some RP could actually happen

Well for one, I <--- Was on an entirely different continent and couldn't care less about Europe. Secondly, as there is an no-Colonization policy in regards to the America's, (and before you even begin to say that no such doctrine exists, nearly every person in CNRP adheres to it, so there's no point trying to skate around it) it is awfully hypocritical to be colonizing Europe. Thirdly, I wont begin to try and fathom the relationship between Sargun and the NC before I arrived (though I suspect it had something to do with the fact he was a mod at the time), and if you want to know why they waited, ask Greater Nordland yourself in PM. Or here. Or even In Character where some RP could actually happen

We are trying to ask them--but you seem to be the only one answering.

Not really, as you yourself acknowledge that many of the issues stem from things that happened before you were in Europe... :P

But it gives you a place to start. A nice, easy, clear to see starting point :3 didnt have that before ;D

Still waiting for Martens, Malatose, Merger and Vince to give me a damn good reason as to why they metagamed.

I bet you 100k ingame they won't post here.

Either way, it's win-win, either you get an answer or you get 100k. :P

EDIT: I'd promise more but I'm dirt poor. That's 1/3 of my daily income lol.

Edited by BaronUberstein

I bet you 100k ingame they won't post here.

Either way, it's win-win, either you get an answer or you get 100k. :P

EDIT: I'd promise more but I'm dirt poor. That's 1/3 of my daily income lol.

He'll get 3M from me if they answer his questions to his satifaction.

We could let people get through the work day before we start tossing around bets. Hell, I'm posting from work and I've still got 55 minutes until I go sit in 2 hours of traffic to get home.

Edit: This thread hasn't even been around 12 hours yet. I was at work before it was even posted.

Edited by hawk_11

We could let people get through the work day before we start tossing around bets. Hell, I'm posting from work and I've still got 55 minutes until I go sit in 2 hours of traffic to get home.

Edit: This thread hasn't even been around 12 hours yet. I was at work before it was even posted.

Gambling is fun. :awesome: