We who dream

vox7-2.png

There is much to say -- much that could be said, and much that should not. Our journey to this point has been a long one and the wisdom to discern such is one of the many gifts that have reached us. So for the sake of concision, we will spare you some (you're still in for a wall, though, so grab a chair). The trek has tired us greatly and hereafter we wish, as we always have, to simply move on. No terms, no stipulations, no grudges.

Move on to where, to what? Those are the obvious questions. On to a world where a man can speak his mind without having to fear for his livelihood. On to a world where honest and frank discussion is treasured rather than trashed. On to a world where basic political opposition is not considered the most damnable of crimes, and where "security" is not held above humanity. On to a world where the future is uncertain but bright, where no single power operates unchecked. On to a world we have sweat blood to forge.

When Vox Populi set upon the road that has led us to this point we had no knowledge of what lay ahead, how long the journey would be, or what would be required of us. We have been pleasantly surprised at our good fortune many times and I can say plainly that we did not expect to have come so far, so soon. The world we left behind was one of pure fear; the deafening silence we have broken was enough to inspire madness. The voices of all who have suffered tyranny can and have now cried out their righteous fury. Those responsible for so many sufferings have been or are being brought to justice: perhaps not exactly as we might have hoped, but we will not fuss.

To those who have physically fought this war, who call themselves Karma, we give our deepest thanks. You are the Knights we have been calling for, the hammer we have begged to slam above the anvil. Your moral, political, military, and physical assistance is the kind of overt friendship we have seldom experienced over these many long months. We will not forget those who were willing to stretch out a hand of welcome to the scrawny kid with chicken pox.

To those who have supported us in the shadows, risking everything even if they have not given it, we must express our eternal gratitude, passing us the vital information that became our weapons of war. You were the fuel for our engine and without your assistance we would not be where we are today, and you have done so without recognition or thanks. This is not right, and we honour you above all for your continued dedication to transforming our vision into reality.

To our good friends in the Pocahontas Accords, we send our well wishes and again our gratitude. You were invaluable allies -- brother communities fighting the same evils we fought. The injustices you suffered were in some cases worse than those we experienced. I pray you will learn from those experiences, as we have, and let them guide you through the future we have helped open to our presence once more.

To those who have served us directly, within Vox Populi, I give my personal thanks. It has been a true pleasure working with you and the commitment, dedication, and perseverance in the face of adversity which you have shown are rare gifts not squandered. Always remember, especially in the darkest hours, what we have done here. The world shall never be the same and shall never be so susceptible to the oppression we worked to lift again.

To the world at large, we give warning. This is not the end of the struggle, for the struggle which Vox Populi has embraced is unending. It is a struggle against those who would take what is not theirs, those who would take advantage of all situations, those who seek nothing but personal gain without heed to the needs, thoughts, feelings, and well-being of others. It is a struggle against the purest form of practicality and pragmatism, which drives man to covet without any attention to morality, justice, or fairness. It is a struggle that shall end only when our kind are wiped from the planet for it is something we are all capable of.

And that is our warning. Do not relax your guard against this mentality. Do not dismiss the possibility of its creeping up and overtaking yourself or those close to you. To fall victim to the idea that the ends always justify the means where the means is your own self-promotion is something that comes easy and silently, but seldom can be snuffed out. Maintain your watch, keep in check those of this mindset, and prepare yourself always for a time when we must again take arms against such a threat -- for that is what it is. It is a threat to all of us, each and every one, and wherever this philosophy takes root so takes root a danger for all that we hold dear, in our own ways, to be cast down at our feet.

This victory is not permanent, and those who fight not would do well to keep that in mind. Divisions are unavoidable, but remember that we are only as strong united as we are weak divided. Do not again allow ambitious powers to slowly pick off opposition, one-by-one, and hoodwink you into conceding. Stand your ground always, tall and true to your ideals. Never, ever, ever give in, for as long as there is one other by your side you shall have purpose. Remember always when you took on the forces of oppression and let the strength of that memory spur you on. We may forgive, but we should never forget. And should the time come that men cannot speak their dissent, should the time come that alliances' sovereignty is revoked, should the time come that communities are destroyed or repressed let those of noble spirit rise again to spearhead another Glorious Revolution against the darkness that engulfs them.

Until then, let us hope that day does not come. Even more, let us work to ensure that it does not. For now, let us enjoy this victory. It has been a long time in the coming, and truly the fruits of it have been building up for months. We can speak without fear of military retribution. Alliances may move about freely and give their members leeway to express themselves without reprisal. Defeated alliances are not having heels placed on their heads and their faces ground into the dirt. So let us rejoice. This is our victory, and it is well-earned! Celebrate it while it lasts, for nothing lasts forever.

Nothing.

For that reason I must announce that, with our purpose fulfilled, the Senate and membership of Vox Populi have overwhelmingly voted to disband. We have accomplished most everything -- perhaps everything -- we have set out to do. We have no desire to attempt to mould this alliance into something it is not. Having formed with purpose and out of necessity, with both gone we see no reason to press on as we have without a goal. Let Vox Populi be remembered for its greatest doings.

As of this moment the Charter of Vox Populi is suspended. All foreign affairs, intelligence, propaganda, and other operations are suspended indefinitely. Individual members are free to fly the alliance affiliation for the duration of their remaining wars and thereafter will depart for wherever their hearts desire. All members are free to pursue their own endeavours. The Senate of Vox Populi is hereby dissolved. I will be personally overseeing the shepherding of all Vox Populi members out of the alliance over the next ten days. After this time fliers of the Vox Populi Alliance Affiliation are responsible for themselves.

We again give our thanks to everyone who has helped us along the way. We will not forget.

Pro Populo!

P.S.: We have not yet been given peace or all been cleared from the EZI/PZI/other-ZI lists of the Phoenix Federation or the New Pacific Order. We considered this and decided that due to their waning military power, low infrastructure levels, and general inability to "do something about it", they are not relevant to warrant any further concern. We suggest that they come out of peace mode if they wish to talk about ending the war.

(Besides, neither of you ever declared war on us. "Outlawing" doesn't count, Officer.)

P.P.S.: Sponge is making me post this at gunpoint. Another disbanded alliance to his curriculum vitae.

Here also are the parting thoughts of those who wished to give them:

Vox Populi was one of the last great resistance movements.

There would never be another quite like it.

It changed the future .. and it changed us.

It taught us that we have to create the future... or others will do it for us. It showed us that we have care and fight for one another, because if we don't, who will?

And that true strength sometimes comes from the most unlikely places.

Mostly, though, I think it gave us hope .. that there can always be new beginnings .. even for people like us. --President ShinRa

It's been an honour and much fun being in Vox Populi. But all good things eventually come to an end. So it's time for Vox to move on, as it is for me. For those who are interested, I've rerolled and I do hope that some grudges and bad feelings will be settled that way. And therefore this will be the last message from me as Bonus Lectio.

One last note. Just becouse we disband now, doesn't mean that we're fully gone. This ordeal has forged bonds between us that cannot be easely broken. Most of us are going to stay in touch with eachother. And when the need arrises we will reform, for we are a group of people who laugh at ZI, whose nations are not build on infra or tech but on ideals and we will not sit idle by while the same things happen that lead up to our formation. If you're goals are similar to those of the current hemogony, know that eventually you will meet us again. --Bonus Lectio

Throughout my entire career as a Nation Leader my membership to Vox Populi is my greatest accomplishment & contribution to Cyber Nations. I am tremendously proud to have been apart of such a glorious revolution. As the curtain falls I am deeply honored to share a stage with such brilliant political minds and noble idealist as we take our final bow. The road to victory requires a level of determination that Vox Populi has proven to hold in spades.

For me it is more than a victory of war that we have accomplished. It is more than a political victory or even a community's public victory over tyranny. It is a personal victory. May we move forward willfully applying to all future endeavors the respect and integrity we have fought for.

o/ Vox Populi

--DocOctane, 168 days seniority

((Semi-OOC content)) Though this is a game, Vox Populi has taught us many life lessons. ((End)) The most important of which is, everyone, no matter how big or small, experianced or inexperianced, active or inactive, can contribute to change. All we need is the will, and Planet Bob, has shown it here. --Hegemon Rob

From a stranger's perspective, my decision to join Vox Populi the very day I returned from a year-long absence made little sense. I was on no ZI lists, I held no eternal grudge against NPO, I had never watched a dear alliance be stomped into the ground by the Red Giant. So why should I, with the entire game open to me, join Vox Populi?

For me, the question is how could I not? The game had clearly degenerated since my departure in August of 2007. The hegemony of the NPO and friends had placed a damper on free speech. As a history major, I enjoy looking back at CN history and seeing what went wrong and when, and every once in a while during my long absence from CN, I would think back on the mistakes I made, the mistakes others made, the mistakes that brought down giants. Through all of this, I realized one thing. I had been blind to the damage the NPO had caused to the game. In fact, it had affected more than I ever thought it had. Back in January 2007, the mighty NPO forced its tiny companion >_< to punish one of its most senior members for expressing their opinion. Yes, when Starfox left >_<, I was angry then. I flung words of anger at him, and he flung more back. I said that he was acting irresponsibly. He said the NPO had no right to demand these things. I was completely wrong. He was completely right. Just one example of many. I was a puppet to the NPO's will. I gladly destroyed my former allies, because I believed the lies.

So why did I join Vox Populi? Partially because I wanted to repent, and partially because I wanted to destroy the beast. And now at the end of my penance, I hope that those who the NPO wronged while I was allied to them will forgive me. For helping destroy them. For calling them liars when they clearly spoke the truth. For failing to see what now seems so obvious.

But this is not only a quest for redemption, this is a mission to destroy the enemy. That enemy is not just the NPO. That enemy is fear. And that enemy is not dead yet. I will only be completely happy when nobody feels the need to put "My opinion is not the opinion of my alliance." because they're afraid of getting their alliance destroyed. But Vox Populi has gone as far as it can go. The weapons needed to destroy the enemy are in your hands. Because of us? Maybe. But regardless, you have them. So don't forget what we've preached. --Chief Savage Man

I spoke up, and they came for me. But in the end, I was vindicated. For truth has set me free. --Angrator

Where most people would hate to see their alliance disband, for me on this day it is different. I've been waiting for Vox to disband for 10 months because I knew once we were gone, it would be our mission was successful. We leave the world with one final gift. It is a key. This key is different than any other key. It is a key to a power like none other on Planet Bob. It is a key to a weapon, which should only be used in times of need. Only if evil shows it's face again will it be used. It's a key to be passed on from generation to generation in case it's ever needed. This key is Vox Populi, and it unlocks a world of knowledge and power. It allows those who have been misdeed to fight for what they believe. It is a key which is now being passed on. I pray it never be needed again, but evil shows its face again and this key is used again, then you shall see me there along with many former Vox Populi members, or perhaps it will be a new generation of Vox Populi. Regardless, we leave this key in case tyranny shows up again. All that it requires is someone with the courage to turn it. --Nintenderek

My time at Vox Populi has saved me. Not only did it rescue me from a deep rut which pride and sentimentality had landed me in, but it has also satisfied my annoyingly vigilant conscience, which, for the longest time, was uneasy with the status quo. Vox Populi provided me with a way to express this unease, and also gave me a home at a time when I desperately needed one. No grouping of people in this game has ever shown me such unconditional acceptance.

I am immensely proud to have been in the company of such incredible minds and such significant achievements, and will forever cherish my time at Vox as the greatest of my CN Career. --President Kent

My career as a Vox spy was one of the hardest things I have ever done. I was always extremely loyal to MCXA, and I believed myself to be acting in their interests, because informing on them to Vox was the best way to move them away from acting in NPO’s interests to making their own destiny. It was this loyalty that ultimately allowed me to overcome the hardships involved in being a spy.

I [was mean to] Vox on a regular basis, isolating a lot of people who I had formerly been in the process of making friends with, like STA. For instance, when I [was disrespectful] in this thread, I was treated contemptuously and despised in most of the IRC channels I visited, and it was quite possibly the worst day in my IC life. Not even the entire of the Vox Senate knew who I was, making it even harder to bear. President Kent, a Voxian who for various reasons *did* know who I was, consoled me and advised me to be the bigger person, because when Victory Day came, I could tell the world who I really was and what I had sacrificed. I told him that day would never come.

Well, it has. Everything that Vox set out to do has been accomplished, and I am finally able to identify myself as Eli Cohen, spy of Vox Populi. I have never been prouder. I will always cherish my membership in Vox to be one of the greatest achievements in my CN career. I was a member of the Resistance, the few who stood against the many… and triumphed.

Hail Vox! --Francesca, a.k.a. Eli Cohen

Good-bye, cruel world. May our resurgence never become necessary.

Signed,

Acamas

Alpha Psi

American CLam

Angrator

animea90

Bonus Lectio

Chief Savage Man

Chunky Monkey

Coniuratos

DocOctane

Doitzel

Electron Sponge

Eli Cohen

Gatherum

Guess Who

Hegemon Rob

heike lunta

J Edgar

Kassad

King Thirsty

LordCaedus

LordValentine

MegaAros

Morath

Nintenderek

octovanyo4

Paint Your Target

Person1

President Kent

rightwingisgood

Schattenmann

SciHobo

President S.

ShinRa

Sig

Starfox101

supermandude

tommattox

Valek

Vellocet

Vinzent Zeppelin

Wa Mu

ADDENDUM: A HEARTY BELATED THANK-YOU TO LORD VALENTINE WITHOUT WHOM NONE OF THIS WOULD BE POSSIBLE BECAUSE HE HOSTED OUR FORUMS. I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT HIM I'M SORRY OKAY

Edited by Doitzel

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Epic first.

Vox, I've had my differences with some of you, and I've found friends in others. Some of you still dislike me a lot, and have every reason to, and I hold no grievances about that (or about the dozens of nukes y'all had thrown at me).

Those of you who who've been friends to me, thanks for that.

The best thing about Vox is that you guys would always talk to me, even when I was doing naughty stuff.

o/ Vox

Edited by Ephriam Grey

I doubt Sponge is making you post this; surely it's really Xiphosis. :P

I find this to be a pity. I don't like to see the passing of alliances, even ones I opposed. Hopefully you still keep some of your community, even after you disperse.

Its been fun guys, but its time for us all to move on. Our goals accomplished, we only ask that you, the members of Planet Bob, dont screw up again. Next time we wont be as kind in bailing you out.

Just kidding!

Its a long time coming, but were happy to finally achieve what we've strived so hard to do. Thanks to all our supporters, both public and private.

I doubt Sponge is making you post this; surely it's really Xiphosis. :P

I find this to be a pity. I don't like to see the passing of alliances, even ones I opposed. Hopefully you still keep some of your community, even after you disperse.

Some things in life you can't share with someone without becoming their BFF. Glorious Revolutions are amoung those things.

Wow. This is really sad to see. I remember the first week you guys were around and all the shens you pulled and all the announcements you made. Cybernations will never be the same after you guys came and went.

Edited by Lysotine