Mogar Q&A

Mogar

I never said my goal was to rival or be better than Vox, I was bored, and did something that I enjoyed during the War of the Coalition again in the lead up to this war, that's usually why people do things, is to entertain themselves. :v:

What was that exactly, your goal? Misrepresenting yourself as a reporter to folks who didn't know any better, or clamoring for attention?

Maybe both?

And if you didn't mean to position yourself as a rival for Vox, then why claim that you're an alternative to them?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was that exactly, your goal? Misrepresenting yourself as a reporter to folks who didn't know any better, or clamoring for attention?

Maybe both?

And if you didn't mean to position yourself as a rival for Vox, then why claim that you're an alternative to them?

To entertain and enjoy myself while spending time playing the game I've been playing for coming on 3 years now, I accomplished that goal, and I never reported anything that wasn't true, so I don't feel I misrepresented myself, the attention part I wont deny.

They report news their way, I report it mine, hence we're alternate forms of media.

To entertain and enjoy myself while spending time playing the game I've been playing for coming on 3 years now, I accomplished that goal, and I never reported anything that wasn't true, so I don't feel I misrepresented myself, the attention part I wont deny.

They report news their way, I report it mine, hence we're alternate forms of media.

If the only noticable scoop that you can cite is one that you got the date for wrong (A fact which you initially blamed as being motivated somehow to spite you, than blamed on your ADD here, and here.)

Telling Vox doesn't get the information out as quickly as telling me, and from my queries with vox members, the majority of the information I hear they're hearing at the same time or earlier, I'm just an alternative, and most of it isn't that sensitive, the most private information I've leaked was TOP leaving Q, which just about everyone had heard rumors of, and then they purposefully delayed leaving just to get my date wrong, :raeg: TOP.
I was off by 24 hours because I had read the date wrong, just because I get the information doesn't mean my ADD doesn't get in the way of reporting it.

So...You never misrepresented yourself, huh? Also, starting a rumor in query, knowing full well it was a lie, and knowing the other person would spread it, isn't that "reporting something that isnt true"?

If the only noticable scoop that you can cite is one that you got the date for wrong (A fact which you initially blamed as being motivated somehow to spite you, than blamed on your ADD here, and here.)

So...You never misrepresented yourself, huh? Also, starting a rumor in query, knowing full well it was a lie, and knowing the other person would spread it, isn't that "reporting something that isnt true"?

I was being sarcastic, since I have spoken with a few TOP gov members about it since then and told them in queries that they did it just to spite me, I really had just read the date wrong, and It wasnt me reporting anything, they had kept asking me for the latest rumors so I told them one?

I was being sarcastic, since I have spoken with a few TOP gov members about it since then and told them in queries that they did it just to spite me, I really had just read the date wrong, and It wasnt me reporting anything, they had kept asking me for the latest rumors so I told them one?

What context were they asking for the latest rumors in, anyway? And if so, why appease them with something blatantly false?

What context were they asking for the latest rumors in, anyway? And if so, why appease them with something blatantly false?

HEY WHAT IS THE LATEST RUMOR YOU HAVE HEARD? about every 2 hours for 3 days straight, and to be honest I gave them a fake rumor just so they would shut the hell up for a while, it worked.

HEY WHAT IS THE LATEST RUMOR YOU HAVE HEARD? about every 2 hours for 3 days straight, and to be honest I gave them a fake rumor just so they would shut the hell up for a while, it worked.

Couldn't you just...ignore them and say it was none of their business?

Unless they were precious sources, in which case...Why would your sources be going to YOU for rumors?

what do you think of Poison Clan?

Personally I happen to like Poison Clan, I'm sure they dont like me or TPF very much, but I let those grudges die a long time ago, we were brothers in arms under the same banner once, I'm disappointed they're fighting each other now.

Couldn't you just...ignore them and say it was none of their business?

Unless they were precious sources, in which case...Why would your sources be going to YOU for rumors?

No, if it was a good source of information I wouldn't have lied, and I dont ever put anyone on ignore, ever.

Personally I happen to like Poison Clan, I'm sure they dont like me or TPF very much, but I let those grudges die a long time ago, we were brothers in arms under the same banner once, I'm disappointed they're fighting each other now.

No, if it was a good source of information I wouldn't have lied, and I dont ever put anyone on ignore, ever.

I ignore people on IRC all the time, doesnt mean I know how to operate an ignore list or anything.

In fact, im ignorant of even the most basic functions of that stuff. As Im sure most people who know me can attest.

Anyway, once again, why not just ignore the people hounding you or tell them to screw off instead of appeasing their appetite for nonsense and give up any shred of journalistic integrity you may have had?

Edited by ReturnOfChron

I ignore people on IRC all the time, doesnt mean I know how to operate an ignore list or anything.

In fact, im ignorant of even the most basic functions of that stuff. As Im sure most people who know me can attest.

Anyway, once again, why not just ignore the people hounding you or tell them to screw off instead of appeasing their appetite for nonsense and give up any shred of journalistic integrity you may have had?

I think you seem to think that I actually do anything srsbsns, ever, which is just not the case.

In your opinion, what are the top 5 attributes of an excellent leader?

1) Honesty with both friends and your alliance members

2) a willingness to listen, I've seen alot of leaders not listen to advice or their general membership, and it always bites them on the $@!

3) loyalty to your commitments, if you signed onto the losing side of a war, take your licks and hopefully you'll get white peace, but if you run away before the first shot is fired everyone will see you as a coward.

4) knowledge of when to be intelligent, Archon/AirMe do this very well, since they know when to be srsbsns, and when to joke around, Ivan Moldavi is also a good example, although his sense of humor I'm not sure everyone gets.

5) Communicate, alot, with everyone.

Then why present yourself as a journalist if you never bother to care about "srsbsns"?

Because it was a fun persona while the war tensions were high, now I have no reason to do newscasting for a while.

Mogar if you joined NSO I would seriously wet myself in ecstasy.

Questions:

Why are you so awesome?

How do I become awesome like you?

What's the best way to make a "mark" on the game aside from being high government in an alliance?

Will you e-marry me?

:wub: Mogar :wub:

Where did the "Posting this will get me warned...." meme start, and why?

EDIT: Wait, lolwut? ^

Moderators added it to the spam filter, I'm pretty sure it's the only meme to ever be added to the spam filter and just boosted my ego some more, and James Wilson and Derek Jones both had started it in a thread they beat me to posting it, and then it became a race over the next week or so until it was added to the spamfilter.

Two part question.

Why don't I post on these forums that much? And does that make me a lurker?

Probably because you dont feel you have much to contribute, or by the time you read a thread someone else already posted what you would say, and yes it does make you a lurker, but it's better than posting and having everyone think you're retarded.

Mogar if you joined NSO I would seriously wet myself in ecstasy.

Questions:

Why are you so awesome?

How do I become awesome like you?

What's the best way to make a "mark" on the game aside from being high government in an alliance?

Will you e-marry me?

:wub: Mogar :wub:

I believe I am so awesome because I have gotten the losing side perspective in almost every major conflict this game has seen, due to that I've learned having a sense of humor is more important than attempting to be serious all the time (OOC: this is a game, people sometimes forget that) I've learned a long time ago it's better to just make friends and live your life in the cyberverse, if you lose, oh well, if you win, awesome, it the end it isnt as important as keeping friendships(I feel like an after-school special)

I really don't know how to tell people to be like me, post moar would probably be the best advice ¯\(°_o)/¯.

You need a gimmick, or some method of people recognizing you or your posts, thought a government position will ensure you get respect along with making a mark.

I'm sure my wifey would get mad at me for that one. <_<

Q: If you had to be an alcoholic $@tail which one would you be? and why?

Tequila Sunrise, because it tastes sweet and gets you drunk relatively quickly, although Vodka Sunrises are good too.

Do you really think that you gain "respect" from gimmick-ridden posts, even if these "gimmicks" were started by you?

I never said I gained respect by being an attention whore, those who do respect me do so because they understand my commitment and loyalty to my friends and allies, and know I'd happily have myself ZI'd so those I care for don't have to, which makes me better than half the leaders in this game, personally I don't give a crap who respects me and who doesn't, I'm here to enjoy myself and I attempt to do so as much as possible, it's why people play games. :v: