Empire Night on Planet Bob

I don't think that any alliance that dies/disbands etc should be reformed. It had its time, let it rest in peace. It has nothing to do with IAA specifically. I just can't speak my mind in another thread because our FA guy decided to offer them a protectorate. :P

I understand that viewpoint. But we enjoy playing the game, we enjoy our alliance, and we're damn glad to be able to play again without getting automatically curbstomped for no good reason. If we had formed under another name, would we have been any less guilty from your viewpoint? I mean, people talk about MK being LUE 2.0 and GR being NAAC 2.0 all the time, and whether or not that's true I don't see anyone saying "GOD, LUE AND NAAC SHOULD JUST STAY DEAD." :P

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that viewpoint. But we enjoy playing the game, we enjoy our alliance, and we're damn glad to be able to play again without getting automatically curbstomped for no good reason. If we had formed under another name, would we have been any less guilty from your viewpoint? I mean, people talk about MK being LUE 2.0 and GR being NAAC 2.0 all the time, and whether or not that's true I don't see anyone saying "GOD, LUE AND NAAC SHOULD JUST STAY DEAD." :P

Perhaps at the time that was the case, but at this point, MK and GR have made names for themselves that allow them to step out of the shadow of LUE and NAAC. The IAA, on the other hand, will always be compared to IAA 1.0. That'll come with its own benefits, but I can also see drawbacks. Like every decision, this one had many factors to consider, and if Chimaera decided that it was the best decision to make, then he's probably right.

Perhaps at the time that was the case, but at this point, MK and GR have made names for themselves that allow them to step out of the shadow of LUE and NAAC. The IAA, on the other hand, will always be compared to IAA 1.0. That'll come with its own benefits, but I can also see drawbacks. Like every decision, this one had many factors to consider, and if Chimaera decided that it was the best decision to make, then he's probably right.

I believe you have a valid point on MK and GR, Chey. I also appreciate the kind words in regards to Chimaera's decision. :P

I was just being argumentative. Sheesh.

Maybe if you stopped pretending that anyone involved cared about your opinion, you'd leave this thread and let it return to a mindless hailfest as it was intended to be.

o/ IAA

We understand Trace, in fact, we'd be insulted if you didn't speak your mind.

You'll be receiving a DoW* from us soon.

*Declaration of Wub

These are two of your responses to something other then "WOO IAA is back!!!". I find it hilarious that an asshat response is appropriate for the first post you responded to, however a "Oh, you :wub:"-type of post is needed on Trace's response to the thread.

It is perfectly fine when someone such as Trace, who maintains a spot in MK's government, posts something other then "IAA-love" or something you might not want to hear. But when Chey or myself posts, we're the bloody devil for speaking our minds. Make up your mind Mathias instead of making yourself come across as a tool.

These are two of your responses to something other then "WOO IAA is back!!!". I find it hilarious that an asshat response is appropriate for the first post you responded to, however a "Oh, you :wub:"-type of post is needed on Trace's response to the thread.

It is perfectly fine when someone such as Trace, who maintains a spot in MK's government, posts something other then "IAA-love" or something you might not want to hear. But when Chey or myself posts, we're the bloody devil for speaking our minds. Make up your mind Mathias instead of making yourself come across as a tool.

The difference is that Trace is speaking his mind, and is saying something that isn't considered hostile towards IAA. Sure, it he may disagree, but he's giving valid points.

You however, have chosen to go at odds with them, claiming all sorts of things privately and some publically.

also, congrats IAA

<3 Chim

:o A darth andrew! *throws masterball*

The difference is that Trace is speaking his mind, and is saying something that isn't considered hostile towards IAA. Sure, it he may disagree, but he's giving valid points.

You however, have chosen to go at odds with them, claiming all sorts of things privately and some publically.

also, congrats IAA

<3 Chim

:o A darth andrew! *throws masterball*

In Kev's defence, he raised points of his own. Whether or not they're points that are common knowledge is another matter.

TGR has extended the hand of friendship to IAA, and I fully expect them to take it. I think it is in everybody's best interests at this point to let this thread die, as it has become more of a flamefest than anything.

At least when Trace speaks his mind, he's consistent.

Seriously. It's a rebirth thread, and an ex-IAA government member and an ex-IAA protectorate are the only ones complaining? Sorry we derailed your plans, guys, but if you have a problem with me or us, query me instead of whining and moaning on the OWF.

No one is whining and moaning. In fact, everybody in this thread except for Mathias has been quite cordial. And I am in fact in favor of bringing drama into the world stage rather than the constant backroom discussions during the hegemony era.

Really? I thought I saw another thread with you guys bragging about initial growth to 500k NS.

Weird.

IAA disbanded in the past, my lord. This is their second attempt.

My dear Ivan, IAA gave into the Dark Side long before NSO did. :P

Perhaps, but we do it better.

Yes, I am aware of that. Disbanding equates to failure so I was not certain if he was bragging about failing in the past or was just making an error in perception.

I still find it odd.

I think he was just trying to engage in friendly banter, actually.

-Bama

• 3 weeks later...

IAA!! :wub:

that was my first alliance when just introduced to CN :)

i definitely have you in my heart, shall god bless you, and maybe bring peace and friendship upon you, great people, and those who accepted me on their breast, who eventually turned onto my new home.

Hail you IAA!

Yes, I am aware of that. Disbanding equates to failure so I was not certain if he was bragging about failing in the past or was just making an error in perception.

I still find it odd.

I suppose we'll have to take your word on failure.