Mergers

Stormcrow

Treaties =/= Mergers. Treaties are bits of paper. Merges are RP effecting items. They are different leagues.

And we weren't really a treaty. We were the united states with heavy decentralization. Now we've just centralized. If you'll actually read what we're posting instead of saying the same things over and over again, you'll realize that we've been rping this merge since we began the NC, and even moreso after Operation Barbarossa.

Also, subtle, we were an alliance. The Nordic Confederacy was an extreme alliance.

Edited by VinceSixx

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

History isn't whitewashed after a reroll, it remains in history books even if we're not the same nations, Germany is always Germany for one as the clearest example, so what's done before still is valid historically.

Also, we're the people who've RPed the closest in all of CNRP for the longest time and one of the few who RPed a lot of culture, so if we can't merge, it'd be like saying no nation in the world is able to merge.

*repeatedly bangs ghead against desk*

We aren't saying you have nothing in common! Yes, you have a common culture! Yes, you're on more-than-friendly terms!

But you had no discussions about it. Less than a day after the OOC announcement is made here, you make an IC announcement about the merger, with NO ACTIONS OR DISCUSSIONS LEADING UP TO IT.

If you've been RPing a merger since you began the NC, then you all have broken the rules.

Thankfully, I'm a merciful Vulcan and won't interpret your words literally. Your privilege for mergers is already teetering dangerously over the line with a single thread. Watch it, all of you.

And we weren't really a treaty. We were the united states with heavy decentralization. Now we've just centralized. If you'll actually read what we're posting instead of saying the same things over and over again, you'll realize that we've been rping this merge since we began the NC, and even moreso after Operation Barbarossa.

Also, subtle, we were an alliance. The Nordic Confederacy was an extreme alliance.

And what does that last part have to do with what I've said? Yes, you were an alliance. No, you haven't been RP'ing to the merge. you can't have been, unless you claim presenscience.

If you've been RPing a merger since you began the NC, then you all have broken the rules.

Thankfully, I'm a merciful Vulcan and won't interpret your words literally. Your privilege for mergers is already teetering dangerously over the line with a single thread. Watch it, all of you.

True, and I did not mean it literally.

However, this does pose the question, how much RP do we realistically have to do before forming a merger? I mean, I understand we all have to border each other, and that's done. We have to be very brotherly between the nations, that's done. Our reason for merging is because our alliance is alright, but it doesn't have the efficiency that one single nation does.

And what does that last part have to do with what I've said? Yes, you were an alliance. No, you haven't been RP'ing to the merge. you can't have been, unless you claim presenscience.

So, despite the fact that for the last three years there has existed one nation and one culture in this area, that for the last four months we have cooperated and done everything that we have done together, that everyone in our nations is of one culture, speaks one language, our nations share the same weapons, technology, money, our economies are so intertwined that it'd be easier to untangle the cords under my desk, and we have done everything together for the time that we have been together. Our foreign policy has been one single unit, and the only thing different between us is how we run our government, and even that isn't so different. Germany, Prussia, and Nordheim were all fascist nations, I was more hardcore and oppressive than they were, and Norvsea is the odd man out with a Republic form of government, it is !@#$%^&*? That's !@#$%^&*.

If we have to go out and start RPing these things, having a convention, discussing it, signing it, taking it to the !@#$@#$ courthouse, then we can announce it finally, then all I have to say on that is that is !@#$%^&*. If we have to go and RP this kind of stuff in the future, then hell I'm going to go and start RPing my people taking !@#$%, so that it's proven that they have working bowels. Because then, when you all don't, none of your people have functioning bowels, they all die, and I am king of the world, right?

True, and I did not mean it literally.

However, this does pose the question, how much RP do we realistically have to do before forming a merger? I mean, I understand we all have to border each other, and that's done. We have to be very brotherly between the nations, that's done. Our reason for merging is because our alliance is alright, but it doesn't have the efficiency that one single nation does.

*repeatedly bangs head against desk--again*

We aren't denying ANY of that. However, THERE WAS NO PRE-INDICATION OF ANY KIND, CLASSIFIED OR OTHERWISE, THAT THIS WAS HAPPENING.

So, despite the fact that for the last three years there has existed one nation and one culture in this area, that for the last four months we have cooperated and done everything that we have done together, that everyone in our nations is of one culture, speaks one language, our nations share the same weapons, technology, money, our economies are so intertwined that it'd be easier to untangle the cords under my desk, and we have done everything together for the time that we have been together. Our foreign policy has been one single unit, and the only thing different between us is how we run our government, and even that isn't so different. Germany, Prussia, and Nordheim were all fascist nations, I was more hardcore and oppressive than they were, and Norvsea is the odd man out with a Republic form of government, it is !@#$%^&*? That's !@#$%^&*.

If we have to go out and start RPing these things, having a convention, discussing it, signing it, taking it to the !@#$@#$ courthouse, then we can announce it finally, then all I have to say on that is that is !@#$%^&*. If we have to go and RP this kind of stuff in the future, then hell I'm going to go and start RPing my people taking !@#$%, so that it's proven that they have working bowels. Because then, when you all don't, none of your people have functioning bowels, they all die, and I am king of the world, right?

Look, you don't have to RP the day-to-day stuff...that's been said over and over and over and over again. This is not a day-to-day occurance.

So in a word to your opening question...yes. At least ONE classified thread discussing it would have been better.

No, you have to RP the sitting down and discussing of the merge! Do you not get that? You have to RP out what you all probably did in IRC, ie TALK ABOUT THE DAMN THING!

*repeatedly bangs head against desk--again*

We aren't denying ANY of that. However, THERE WAS NO PRE-INDICATION OF ANY KIND, CLASSIFIED OR OTHERWISE, THAT THIS WAS HAPPENING.

Have you read The Great Gatsby?

I'm assuming most if not all people who read this forum have.

Now, did F. Scott Fitzgerald explicitly say "White clothes mean purity!" or "The billboard's eyes are the eyes of God!" or "The Green light symbolizes Gatsby's hope for the future!"?

No, all forms of art, including RP literature (which in it's purest form, is quite good literature), symbolism and assumptive creative powers are used to subtly hint toward a common theme (in this case, a merger). If you want to turn this game into a game of posting numbers and lines, we can do that, it just won't be any fun.

History isn't whitewashed after a reroll, it remains in history books even if we're not the same nations, Germany is always Germany for one as the clearest example, so what's done before still is valid historically.

Also, we're the people who've RPed the closest in all of CNRP for the longest time and one of the few who RPed a lot of culture, so if we can't merge, it'd be like saying no nation in the world is able to merge.

I support the bolded 102% with a 2% margin of error. I don’t have any comment on the first merger, other than “neet-o”

So...if history isn't whitewashed, how exactly do you have popular support in ex-Ubersteinian Scandinavia?

Double Standards much? Nordic was NEVER TAUGHT IN UBERSTEINIA. INDIVIDUAL CULTURES WERE PROMOTED. There is a reason why I had so many official languages.

When I put Ubersteinia temporarily under your control, you never RP'd trying to change that fact. I put it under Nordlandic control as a step against warlords taking power in individual areas and such, it was not a recognition of merged culture. Try to find any post of mine that acknowledged Ubersteinia as "Nordic". Even on MSN I said that it wasn't, despite your constant pestering that it was.

CNRP Scandinavia was NEVER "Nordic". Follow your own words completely or stop whining when people tell you your history was whitewashed.

Edited by BaronUberstein

I'd say the Nordic Confederacy merging is the absolutely best example of merging. They have a common culture, similar governments, friendly governments and have for the most part been acting as a unified front for months. They have had a quasi-central government for a while and now are formally creating a strong federal government.

I don't think there is any better way to do it.

This photo sums up my feelings of how well mergers will go over again.

2242582059_96c3f0f0bf.jpg

I leave it to others to figure out what represents mergers.

Also, this.

Please Mods, get rid of them. Sooner the better.

I'd say the Nordic Confederacy merging is the absolutely best example of merging. They have a common culture, similar governments, friendly governments and have for the most part been acting as a unified front for months. They have had a quasi-central government for a while and now are formally creating a strong federal government.

Now all we need is a U.S. and we're set. Oh wait...

I knew there would be a gang-up.

It seems everyone wants us to spend our lives on this roleplay if we want to have a merger. It seems that those of us that have other things to do but still want to roleplay in a merger will never have that chance because of those that spend tons of time on this. Fun is replaced with complicated, ruled fun. Complicated, ruled fun is replaced with complicated, ruled over-balenced (fun?).

I admit that I used to not like Kaiser Martens very much, and I see many of you don't either. But he is a good fellow. He spends plenty of time for his RP's. He has good quality writing. Sure he has stains, but most of us do. He also doesn't need to come back either; google his name and you get plently of other forums he goes on (and also used to).

I also think that white-washing should be reduced; it has been stated that if I left and a new RP'er got my territory, all of the zombie-related RP's would be rendered null because a GM said so; on the other hand, some other people have had their stuff not rendered null for new players because of all the more RP'ing they did. What I'm saying is that either its white washed for everyone that is replaced or none. (I'm not talking about where white washing should be done for something against the rules)

It seems everyone wants us to spend our lives on this roleplay if we want to have a merger. It seems that those of us that have other things to do but still want to roleplay in a merger will never have that chance because of those that spend tons of time on this. Fun is replaced with complicated, ruled fun. Complicated, ruled fun is replaced with complicated, ruled over-balenced (fun?).

I also think that white-washing should be reduced; it has been stated that if I left and a new RP'er got my territory, all of the zombie-related RP's would be rendered null because a GM said so; on the other hand, some other people have had their stuff not rendered null for new players because of all the more RP'ing they did. What I'm saying is that either its white washed for everyone that is replaced or none. (I'm not talking about where white washing should be done for something against the rules)

On the first part, its not, "spend your lives on this", it is a simple, "you should have RP'd you heads of state getting together and talking" Sargun has the right idea, although a little more detail and it could be example thread.

An aside on white washing. I feel that it should be quick and easy to see / determine if one should occur. The RP history of the area is whitewashed if the nation is white on the world map (or protectorate). This way if you conquer someone, you have to abide by their Rp history, but if a new player claims white land, they have free reign.

LVN, the plan is for it to be detailed - if we use small posts to convey our meanings, we'll still get the same product in the end. Really, we didn't discuss it OOCly very much other than that we generally liked the idea. We'll work out the actual merger ICly - all of it.

I admit that I used to not like Kaiser Martens very much, and I see many of you don't either. But he is a good fellow. He spends plenty of time for his RP's. He has good quality writing. Sure he has stains, but most of us do. He also doesn't need to come back either; google his name and you get plently of other forums he goes on (and also used to).

Some people's stains are worse than others. Also, long posts =! good RP. Just because someone goes to a lot of forums doesn't mean they are good at RP, just look at me. I've been on at least 10 RP boards and I still have trouble with character development.

Also, there tends to be gang ups when people do things wrong, because it pisses people off when things are done horribly wrong. I am personally angry at Marten's hypocritical statements about history whitewashing, to which he has not responded.

This, while I get the reasons to RP a merger out the NC was a de-facto merged nation. It went to war united, construction in each others land, trade, communication, there even were cross nation marriages it is a merger even when ignoring the history before re-rolls.

Have you read The Great Gatsby?

I'm assuming most if not all people who read this forum have.

Now, did F. Scott Fitzgerald explicitly say "White clothes mean purity!" or "The billboard's eyes are the eyes of God!" or "The Green light symbolizes Gatsby's hope for the future!"?

No, all forms of art, including RP literature (which in it's purest form, is quite good literature), symbolism and assumptive creative powers are used to subtly hint toward a common theme (in this case, a merger). If you want to turn this game into a game of posting numbers and lines, we can do that, it just won't be any fun.

You can't hint at something if you don't know it's going to be allowed. Sorry.

And what does all of that have to do with sitting down and simply discussing "this is how we're going to do it" in a perhaps 2-page classified thread? Really, it's not that hard, and you would have avoided this whole mess if you had.

This, while I get the reasons to RP a merger out the NC was a de-facto merged nation. It went to war united, construction in each others land, trade, communication, there even were cross nation marriages it is a merger even when ignoring the history before re-rolls.

If it was already a merger, then it was already defying the rules...sorry, no.

Subtle, do you not know what de facto means?