Hey, how are you TPF?

Ravnica

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

poor popcorn vendors. they are soooooo outta business right now. :o

haha

Or, they are doing better than ever before. Because who doesn't enjoy eating popcorn while watching all the lolz drama in OWF? :v:

Srsly. We are doing pretty well, in all estimations. We've lost some pixel lovers, but the events immediately pre-war (Pacifica drama, blah blah blah) really had a, imho, cathartic effect. Kinda made us appreciate more who we are and how things have evolved under mhawk. I think for most of us, we decided that after all, we liked hanging out and blowing stuff up a whole lot.

OBM

I know they can do well in a war, but I dunno if they thrive in it and live off it in the way TPF does. MK maybe, but Polar, as good as they are, doesn't really thrive on conflict that way.

-Bama

Don't knock until you've tried ;)

Oh and to whoever is/was talking to us about losing members, of course we did, when you're a large macro alliance losing deadweight in a devastating conflict is inevitable, !@#$ happens yo.

Srsly. We are doing pretty well, in all estimations. We've lost some pixel lovers, but the events immediately pre-war (Pacifica drama, blah blah blah) really had a, imho, cathartic effect. Kinda made us appreciate more who we are and how things have evolved under mhawk. I think for most of us, we decided that after all, we liked hanging out and blowing stuff up a whole lot.

OBM

This about sums it up.

Oh yeah, having a blast. The two guys I hit this round haven't done much, but the two guys CCC put on me are giving me a good fight. If I'm winning, it's only because I have nukes and a ridiculous warchest. :P

-Bama

Bama's been an honourable opponent. Frustrating, but honourable. :P;)

Purdy much having the CN time of my life. I've been Nuked and Nuked a Who's Who....

MushRooms Money Man

Pissant Clans Minister of Family Affairs

Pissant Clans Minister of Being Defensive

also a nice kid from MushRooms and an old aquaintence from PC

Looking forward to completing the Big 3 with PC.

VO! Soon!

(holler if exams are a problem)

Eit: And Shifty Foxy who isn't gov I don't think but dang good at fighting.

Edited by HalfEmpty

Don't knock until you've tried ;)

Oh and to whoever is/was talking to us about losing members, of course we did, when you're a large macro alliance losing deadweight in a devastating conflict is inevitable, !@#$ happens yo.

Wasn't knocking you. I'm just saying that Polar isn't really a warrior alliance like, say, TPF, MK, FAN, NEW, Valhalla, PC, etc.

-Bama

TPF a warrior alliance? Not likely. Did they have a warriors exit from the Unjust War? Certainly not, far from it. Did they have an internal schism/purge/falling out/whatever you want to call it during the NoV/Continuum war that resulted in many of their senior and most respected members leaving and subsequently nearly losing their sanction? They most certainly did. The fact that they have managed to hold together for this war does not earn them the title of a warrior alliance.

Edited by Captain Flinders

TPF a warrior alliance? Not likely. Did they have a warriors exit from the Unjust War? Certainly not, far from it. Did they have an internal schism/purge/falling out/whatever you want to call it during the NoV/Continuum war that resulted in many of their senior and most respected members leaving and subsequently nearly losing their sanction? They most certainly did. The fact that they have managed to hold together for this war does not earn them the title of a warrior alliance.

blah blah blah UJP Ujp UJP blah blah UJP

Come up with something new... perhaps relevant even.

Would those be the senior leaders involved in the 'crimes' that Karma thinks they're punishing TPF for?

Like hawk said blah blah blah natter natter natter. Try something relevant.

As for UJW, punching out because your allies are !@#$% enough to go for an OOC attack is about the best reasong there is to dump allies.

Edited by Roadie

If you think we're not an alliance that loves war, you must not know many TPFers. And I really don't see what internal issues have to do with it... Both those who left and those who stayed are warriors in general. Note that I listed PC and NEW as warrior alliances a while back.

(OOC: glad to hear you approve of what was done at the end of UJW that led to TPF, MK, etc pulling out. :rolleyes: )

-Bama

Would those be the senior leaders involved in the 'crimes' that Karma thinks they're punishing TPF for?

Some were, some weren't. Though I specifically didn't say leaders for a reason.

Wouldn't the military engagements of an alliance be relevant to their status as a "warrior alliance"?

If you think we're not an alliance that loves war, you must not know many TPFers. And I really don't see what internal issues have to do with it... Both those who left and those who stayed are warriors in general. Note that I listed PC and NEW as warrior alliances a while back.

(OOC: glad to hear you approve of what was done at the end of UJW that led to TPF, MK, etc pulling out. :rolleyes: )

-Bama

I would see loving war and being a warrior alliance as two very different things. Those who love war talk the talk. Those who are a warrior alliance walk the walk. I was highlighting the internal issues as an example of TPF failure during war.

Edited by Captain Flinders

Yeah, now that I think of it, I can imagine them being like this. :P Maybe TORN and Valhalla as well. But there just aren't many alliances who thrive off war like this.

-Bama

TPF as a military alliance? TPF thriving off war? Laughable. It's an insult to PC and NEW that you would list the likes of TPF alongside them.

Edited by astronaut jones

TPF as a military alliance? TPF thriving off war? Laughable. It's an insult to PC and NEW that you would list the likes of TPF alongside them.

*shrugs* If that's your opinion. I simply made an observation of how our membership is doing morale-wise. And we're loving this. We don't care how much we're outnumbered, we're just having a blast. Is that not "thriving off war"?

-Bama

Wouldn't the military engagements of an alliance be relevant to their status as a "warrior alliance"?

What you've listed for your examples are two strawmen.

If you want to badmouth us for dumping our allies for engaging in a disgusting OOC attack, then you're clearly not mature enough to waste time in discussion with.

What you've listed for your examples are two strawmen.

Those aren't strawmen. Those are examples of your performance in military engagements. You might want to look up what a strawman fallacy actually is.

If you want to badmouth us for dumping our allies for engaging in a disgusting OOC attack

OOC: An OOC attack like labeling an alliance a "White Supremacist Alliance"? TPF would never associate themselves with such terrible OOC attacks right?

Those aren't strawmen. Those are examples of your performance in military engagements. You might want to look up what a strawman fallacy actually is.

OOC: An OOC attack like labeling an alliance a "White Supremacist Alliance"? TPF would never associate themselves with such terrible OOC attacks right?

Way to ignore my response to you earlier. Lol.

-Bama