Cyber Nations Match Play

Cyber Nations Match Play

No updates, no tax collections.

Nations get 8 million to start and after they are done buying they enter a queue where they can play other players under regular Cyber Nations Tournament Edition format and rules.

The winner is the last one with troops as you forfeit the match when your soldier count reaches zero. Nation start with 20 troops and no fighting first 5 minutes. You get an additional round of attacks every 5 or 10 minutes. After a preset amount of time or after a period of inactivity if a winner is not declared the nation with the highest Nation Strength wins.

Trades should occur with computer based players based upon a percentage that trade will be accepted or players could just choose from a pool of 10 resources.

A leadership board would record wins and rankings.

I think this would pull a lot of the Real Time Strategy players into Cyber Nations.

hmmm.... i dunno. maybe. i like the no tax or bills part. 8mill though? i just think thats a little high.

I think it work with even more starting cash. The best part is that its one 30 min to 60 min game and that's it. There is a distinct winner and loser. It would even work with 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3 or 4 vs 4 after heads up was established.

Edited by JimKongIl

I'm assuming it's the better nations who fight in the most rounds that actually have a better chance of winning?

i.e. wouldn't, let's say, a 'retired' person have a significant advantage over someone who works and commutes 15 hours a day?

I'm assuming it's the better nations who fight in the most rounds that actually have a better chance of winning?

i.e. wouldn't, let's say, a 'retired' person have a significant advantage over someone who works and commutes 15 hours a day?

I would expect matches to be 30 min or an hour in length and odds would be equal for all players.

But if you can fight in another round every 30 or 60 minutes, surely the person with the most time on his/her hands will have a clear advantage? So someone who works more often than another person will be unable to make use of multiple rounds in a day.

• 2 weeks later...
But if you can fight in another round every 30 or 60 minutes, surely the person with the most time on his/her hands will have a clear advantage? So someone who works more often than another person will be unable to make use of multiple rounds in a day.

I was thinking of one match and thats it. Just like a chess game or a match of Age of Empires. If you wanted to play again you could but it would be a completely separate game. So someone with more freetime would just be able to play more they would not have any advantage over someone with limited time.

This would would be a great arena to challenge other players. If I wanted to challenge someone, I could invite him to a heads up match where a winner would be determined within 30 or 60 min. The better player on that day could be determined because we would play on a level playing field without intervention or assitance from other players.

I think this would be great fun and extremely popular. Maybe I'm not explaining it well.

Edited by JimKongIl

i think this would need to be an entirely different game, but it seems like a cool idea.

i like Cybernations: Match Play ;-P

I think Admin could use the code for Tournament edition to do this with a few minor modifications pertaining to trades. You would just have more starting aid, no updates and the round would last an hour or 30 min at most.

Edited by JimKongIl

This is the best suggestion I've seen that actually has a shot in atleast a year.

I love this, it's like having a "blitz" mode and I've actually thought about suggesting this before. Jim I'm going to send you 50 tech some day if this get's accepted. :P

I think I might end up just moving to this Match Play mode and all in all stop playing normal CN or TE. XD I just love this idea. This is perfect. Absolutely perfect.

And I think the the money should be upped a bit, it seems high, yes, but you have to consider the use and cost of wonders, replenishing soldiers, buying infra, buyying land, buying improvements, and then the aircraft as well as the amount you'd lose during attacks and etc.

It needs to be enough so that it's possible to buy atleast 1 wonder and still have enough for soldiers and tanks, IMO.

Once again, amazing suggestion.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'm finding this idea a little confusing. Is this a suggestion for a 3rd edition of CN? Cos if it is it's not going to happen.

Why not? Just inundate the players with ads while playing and it would be very profitable. There are a ton of RTS players out there looking for something faster to play. GameZone had tens of thousands logged in playing RTS games at any given time. They probably had a million accounts created. The need is there.