Final Soldier Announcement

I think not joining your NOIR, MADP bloc was one of the best thing we've both done. Of course it didn't keep you from crying but we knew we did the right thing.

I think you not joining our unity treaty, given you know less about unity than you do about honour is the best thing you did. You would have made the place worse...much worse. And I don't recall myself crying - you though are a great fan of the sport. Say, aren't you supposed to be on radio silence?

Not worried about you one bit. ;)

Nor are we of you, after all, nobody is.

Edited by Starcraftmazter

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Refrain from threatening members of my alliance, otherwise we're going to have some real problems.

/me rant

Oh, hey, see what you did there? You just did the thing you got mad at AUT for doing! Look at that! :o

Let's knock the you-threaten-me-I-threaten-you escalation off and call it even because otherwise it's going to turn into yet another round of blame-deflecting, posturing and general silliness which is making none of the participants look especially charming. Yeah, there was a lot of stupidity surrounding the last month of what happened in Soldier from a lot of angles. It's what happens when you introduce a large number of self-assured persons into a situation where they all think that they're right. No one wants to admit to any fault so everyone tosses blame, etc. and the general public just assumes everyone has done something stupid, sits back and has a good belly laugh.

This thread was intended to commemorate the passing of an alliance and remember its accomplishments. Instead, it's turned into the equivalent of a grave-robbing followed by an angry drunken fight in a high school debate hall over who got the alliance killed in the first place. Guess what guys - none of this changes the fact that Soldier is gone and the drama being generated here isn't accomplishing a damned thing other than making you all look a damned sight foolish. You guys want to take cheap shots at each other, best to do it some place fun where the peanut gallery can get in realtime responses rather than sitting on the boards.

/end rant

Soldier was a fine alliance. It had potential and it left the Cyberverse before it could truly shine. This is a shame. The passing of any alliance is a sad thing to see and I'm sorry to see this happen.

Edit: SCM, if you think I'm taking personal issue with you at any point in this I'm not. I'll be in #tsi if you want to clear up anything - I'm tired, I've been awake all night, I haven't had my 2 pots of coffee yet and I tend to come across in a less-than-diplomatic manner when the three above conditions exist.

Edited by Tokugawa Mitsukuni

Soldier was a fine alliance. It had potential and it left the Cyberverse before it could truly shine. This is a shame. The passing of any alliance is a sad thing to see and I'm sorry to see this happen.

Edit: SCM, if you think I'm taking personal issue with you at any point in this I'm not. I'll be in #tsi if you want to clear up anything - I'm tired, I've been awake all night, I haven't had my 2 pots of coffee yet and I tend to come across in a less-than-diplomatic manner when the three above conditions exist.

I don't disagree that Soldier was a fine alliance. If it had decent leaders, it would have most probably done much better. But AUT has screwed up time and time again, made one mistake after another which eventually led it to it's death.

Either way, the reason I posted was not to take cheap shots at anyone, it was because AUT threatened a member of my alliance. I read this thread earlier, and wasn't going to comment, but... call me old fashioned, but it's not ok when somebody threatens someone in your alliance.

Edited by Starcraftmazter

... call me old fashioned, but it's not ok when somebody threatens someone in your alliance.

I'm not faulting you for getting annoyed at that - hell, it's the reason I felt compelled to comment here myself. Just saying that it doesn't solve anything and doesn't make anyone look classier for the bargain. Honestly, best to let people vent a bit as long as it's clear that it's not going to escalate into some sort of bigger incident where alliances get dragged in, etc. All I've seen here is the former gov of Soldier trying to make points against one another - the rest of us are best not getting directly involved there (it'll save on the cost of headache medicine later ;)).

All I've seen here is the former gov of Soldier trying to make points against one another - the rest of us are best not getting directly involved there (it'll save on the cost of headache medicine later ;)).

You're a relatively wise man (what is AUT doing in your alliance? :P).

I think you know how I feel about you, goat. ;) Saying I was a terrible leader when I was the reason Soldier got as far as it did is a lie and you know it.

Edited by The AUT

I may no longer be in Soldier and I may be a big reason why they disbanded
Saying I was a terrible leader when I was the reason Soldier got as far as it did is a lie and you know it.

You should expound on why Soldier was disbanded so we don't mistake these two quotes as being highly conflicting.

I'm not going to make any more posts or go after anyone anymore. It's over. My alliance is gone and I can't bring it back. I've made many mistakes in CN, acknowledged some and deeply regretted one for the first time. Nothing I can say or do can change what has happened. I lost my alliance, and all the worse I put other nations in danger. Nations messaged me asking for what happened and for the first time in my CN stint I honestly didn't have an answer or witty reply.

I just hope no one else posts and leaves it to rest.

RIP, Soldier. To most you may not have cared but to me it meant everything..

If only you'd had a name that made sense, I really think you could have made it. You know, Soldiers would have been fine.

"Soldier" is a Final Fantasy VII reference (At least, that's what comes to my mind :P)

I said that the other day :P

I genuinely like TSI (Shuru and Toku :wub: ) however I can't see any appeal in having someone like AUT in your alliance. To be honest I didn't mind Soldier either as an alliance. Props to MN for attempting to fix AUT's mess.

Edit: Yes I realise people could say the same about my alliance and me/Stig or any others who you happen to dislike. Hypocrisy ftw!

Edited by tommattox